Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

Rudiger: Chelsea Another Level To Roma - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rudiger: Chelsea Another Level To Roma (464 Views)

Rudiger: Chelsea Signings Have Sent A Message / Tottenham And Police Find No Evidence Of Racism Towards Chelsea's Rudiger / Mkhitaryan Completes Deadline Loan Move To Roma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rudiger: Chelsea Another Level To Roma by samsonslides: 8:59am On Jul 17, 2017
Germany defender Antonio Rudiger believes he is stepping up to a new level at Chelsea and is relishing working under Antonio Conte at Stamford Bridge.

Rudiger joined the reigning Premier League champions from Roma in a deal that could rise to be worth £34million, shortly after making four appearances in Germany’s triumphant Confederations Cup campaign.

Chelsea will depart for their pre-season tour in China on Monday, while Rudiger is looking forward to getting acquainted with new team-mates such as Victor Moses and Marcos Alonso – players whose improvements in Conte’s wing-back system last season showcased the Italian’s prowess as a coach.

“Not to be disrespectful but we speak about Roma and Chelsea… Chelsea is a big club,” the 24-year-old said at a promotional event in Tokyo.

“Roma is a big club too, in Italy, but I think Chelsea is a different level and of course the biggest reason [for his move] was the coach, Antonio Conte.

“I played in Italy and I spoke with a couple of team-mates – for example [Daniele] De Rossi – and he told me a lot about Antonio Conte and [his quality] is visible.

“You saw it last season, in the seasons before at Juventus and with Italy as national coach. He is a fantastic coach because he has improved a lot of players like Alonso and Moses – they played a great, great season.

“That’s why I thought, ‘I want to be part of that’.”Rudiger’s physically imposing style is expected to be well-suited to the Premier League, but the centre-back is taking nothing for granted.

“I can’t say anything because I have not played in the Premier League,” he added. “We will see when I play my first game. But, from the television, it’s a fast game, a physical game.”
Read More Sport News:https://www.sportlineng.com/more-news/

(1) (Reply)

Chelsea Antonio Conte Signs New Contract / Morocco To Bid For 2026 World Cup –pinnick / Where Are The Football Gurus? Answer These Football Questions If You Know You Ar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.