Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,866 members, 7,813,954 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:37 PM

How Much Do You Pay As Your Sch Fees{university} - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Much Do You Pay As Your Sch Fees{university} (12257 Views)

Breaking News - Lasu Sch Fees Increased By 700% / Breaking News - Lasu Regain Full Accreditation Back,sch Fees Hike Imminent / I Want To Know How Much Is Tai Solarin College Of Edu Sch Fees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Do You Pay As Your Sch Fees{university} by Nobody: 12:24pm On Feb 04, 2010
How much does your school fees cost?

These days things are hard and schools are adding to the already high fees.

Some people drop out of school because of the high fees.

have you been affected?

Lets discuss
Re: How Much Do You Pay As Your Sch Fees{university} by madamL(f): 2:06pm On Feb 04, 2010
There is free education in Lagos state plus free textbooks and note books. It costs just buying uniforms and sandals.
Re: How Much Do You Pay As Your Sch Fees{university} by kshow1(m): 2:09pm On Feb 04, 2010
madam L:

There is free education in Lagos state plus free textbooks and note books. It costs just buying uniforms and sandals.

I cant stop laughing grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Much Do You Pay As Your Sch Fees{university} by ochukoccna: 2:11pm On Feb 04, 2010
madam L:

Yepa! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
FREE education in ACTION!
Re: How Much Do You Pay As Your Sch Fees{university} by queenesthr(f): 2:21pm On Feb 04, 2010
I wonder why you people are laughing? Tuition in Public Primary and secondary schools are free in Lagos and have been for a long time. (I don't think there are free textbooks and notebooks)

Maybe the poster is asking of tertiary institutions or private schools?
Re: How Much Do You Pay As Your Sch Fees{university} by madamL(f): 2:31pm On Feb 04, 2010
Yes, what are you guys laughing about??. They give at least four free textbooks including English language and Mathematics in Lagos schools. The schools are equally good with qualified teachers. Try visiting some of them.

If poster means private schools, the cost ranges from #3000 per term for the one near my house to one million naira a year for Atlantic Hall and ADRAO.
Re: How Much Do You Pay As Your Sch Fees{university} by ayettymama(f): 2:34pm On Feb 04, 2010
The guy said how much do u pay for ur school fees!

he didnt ask the price ranges and amt on textbooks!

if its free

u say free!

university tuition costs equivalent to 750 000
yearly
Re: How Much Do You Pay As Your Sch Fees{university} by otondo55: 2:37pm On Feb 04, 2010
UNN ----N180,000  school fees

Admission letter----N25,000

Sam Egwu has just started his work

and the agreement with ASUU !

Re: How Much Do You Pay As Your Sch Fees{university} by Diidi(f): 2:39pm On Feb 04, 2010
shocked
Re: How Much Do You Pay As Your Sch Fees{university} by Redman44(m): 2:40pm On Feb 04, 2010
Why can't Nigerians carry out field researches themselves before coming on to Nairaland to display their ignorance? A simple phone call to one of your relatives who has  children in public schools in Lagos, angry angry will help you confirm if education at the secondary school level is really free in the state angry angry

I have discovered that hasty generalization is a disease angry angry

Cheers
Re: How Much Do You Pay As Your Sch Fees{university} by Nobody: 2:43pm On Feb 04, 2010
otondo55:

UNN ----N180,000 school fees

Admission letter----N25,000

Sam Egwu has just started his work

and the agreement with ASUU !

The last picture is so disturbing
Re: How Much Do You Pay As Your Sch Fees{university} by otondo55: 2:57pm On Feb 04, 2010
Thats the condition the poor find themselve in Nigeria

this people that are asking for this high fee have

sent their children abroad. Life is hell in Nigeria.

Who cares! God save us!
Re: How Much Do You Pay As Your Sch Fees{university} by slap1(m): 3:10pm On Feb 04, 2010
I just got admission into ABSU and the whole money is gradually crawling to over N120,000 and the money is not seriously there for now. Just yesterday I went to the school and was told to bring an accreditation fee of N15,000. Folks, what means accreditation fee?
Re: How Much Do You Pay As Your Sch Fees{university} by ayettymama(f): 3:13pm On Feb 04, 2010
nigeria will neva change!!!

why are you paying for admission letter

is the 15000 for the ink or tha paper??

what is accreditation fee??

o gaa ooo

if thats the price of public universities

i will advise most of u to go private

or go to ghana

im very sure there are cheaper and better schools in other african countries
Re: How Much Do You Pay As Your Sch Fees{university} by Chinda02(f): 3:33pm On Feb 04, 2010
Nnamdi azikiwe university-UNIZIK.
First year students-#33600
Regular(other levels)-#20100
what is our fees being used for?
in my schl-it is evident in our library(digital),u need 2 see d library!!,wel equipped labs,a new stadia,new faculty buildings n hostels,tarred roads within campus n above all a dedicated staff. Thats why we are currently d 'university of d moment'.[color=#006600][/color] wink
Re: How Much Do You Pay As Your Sch Fees{university} by guente02(m): 3:44pm On Feb 04, 2010
My NL pple if u come to sokoto u will c dat to b an indigene is d best. Wat i mean by dis stmnt is dat if u r an indigene u will be paid #8000 per month by the government {i.e 4 uni studnts} and #5000 4 poly and coe studnts. Dey r begn their indigene to go to school. Their state primary and post primary sch is notin but free 4 both indigene and non indigene. As 4 me i did not pay a dime from primary one to ss3 {though im not an indigene} So for pple seeking free education jst cm to sokoto town and wen coming make sure ur name is abubakar garba. If not sorry b ur name.
Re: How Much Do You Pay As Your Sch Fees{university} by platinumnk(f): 3:58pm On Feb 04, 2010
umm m m u mean how much are my medical books lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
up to 1000 a year angry
Re: How Much Do You Pay As Your Sch Fees{university} by Demdem(m): 4:23pm On Feb 04, 2010
guente02:

My NL pple if u come to sokoto u will c dat to b an indigene is d best. Wat i mean by dis stmnt is dat if u r an indigene u will be paid #8000 per month by the government {i.e 4 uni studnts} and #5000 4 poly and coe studnts. Dey r begn their indigene to go to school. Their state primary and post primary sch is notin but free 4 both indigene and non indigene. As 4 me i did not pay a dime from primary one to ss3 {though im not an indigene} So for pple seeking free education jst cm to sokoto town and wen coming make sure your name is abubakar garba. If not sorry b your name.

^^^^ Are u trying to say that students are being paid in Sokoto to study
Re: How Much Do You Pay As Your Sch Fees{university} by bawomolo(m): 4:38pm On Feb 04, 2010
about 8K a semester.
Re: How Much Do You Pay As Your Sch Fees{university} by soyad: 5:01pm On Feb 04, 2010
If you wait for govt for anything , then you wait for ever.
Re: How Much Do You Pay As Your Sch Fees{university} by guente02(m): 6:39pm On Feb 04, 2010
Demdem:

^^^^ Are u trying to say that students are being paid in Sokoto to study

bawomolo:

about 8K a semester.

Guys exactly.
Re: How Much Do You Pay As Your Sch Fees{university} by nastyboy(m): 6:52pm On Feb 04, 2010
in UNILAG. i pay just N9200, FACULTY AND DEPARTMENTAL FEES N3500, TOTALLIN N12700,
Re: How Much Do You Pay As Your Sch Fees{university} by gee2(m): 7:09pm On Feb 04, 2010
tuition 20k and other payment 5k but txt bk / handout btw 5 & 7k. nigEr-arEa to be sure. we overkilling it here.
Re: How Much Do You Pay As Your Sch Fees{university} by loma(m): 7:12pm On Feb 04, 2010
$22,500 per semester
Re: How Much Do You Pay As Your Sch Fees{university} by slap1(m): 7:24pm On Feb 04, 2010
I pity those that praise Gov. T.A. Orji of Abia State. He and Orji Kalu are ruining Abia State. The worst is that the faculty officer always tells me that the fees are "For now". Gawd!!!
Re: How Much Do You Pay As Your Sch Fees{university} by Cedar4u: 7:35pm On Feb 04, 2010
Does anyone know the school fees for Delta State University?
Re: How Much Do You Pay As Your Sch Fees{university} by Chestan(m): 7:37pm On Feb 04, 2010
IT seems they later concluded on receiving the sum of 60,000 for freasher and 40,000 for on going student.

Re: How Much Do You Pay As Your Sch Fees{university} by PapaBrowne(m): 7:57pm On Feb 04, 2010
guente02:

My NL pple if u come to sokoto [/b]u will c dat to b an indigene is d best. Wat i mean by dis stmnt is dat if u r an indigene [b]u will be paid #8000 per month by the government {i.e 4 uni studnts} and #5000 4 poly and coe studnts. Dey r begn their indigene to go to school. Their state primary and post primary sch is notin but free 4 both indigene and non indigene. As 4 me i did not pay a dime from primary one to ss3 {though im not an indigene} So for pple seeking free education jst cm to sokoto town and wen coming make sure your name is abubakar garba. If not sorry b your name.

I call it the mystery of existence!!

While some people are compelled to pay hundreds of thousands to attend school, others are paid monies to compel them to attend school.

Anyways, I don't believe university tuition should ever be free or too cheap, rather scholarships should be given to high performing students who cannot afford to pay.
Re: How Much Do You Pay As Your Sch Fees{university} by nethacker(m): 8:00pm On Feb 04, 2010
PapaBrowne:

I call it the mystery of existence!!

While some people are compelled to pay hundreds of thousands to attend school, others are paid monies to compel them to attend school.

Anyways, I don't believe university tuition should ever be free or too cheap, rather scholarships should be given to high performing students who cannot afford to pay.

WORD!!!!
As for moi i pay $17,000 per session(tuition only) angry

Re: How Much Do You Pay As Your Sch Fees{university} by Nobody: 8:37pm On Feb 04, 2010
Re: How Much Do You Pay As Your Sch Fees{university} by Onyema1(m): 9:37pm On Feb 04, 2010
my fees? if you must know $47,000!!!!! a session.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Results 4d Interview For Both Hnd & Nd Have Been Released. Just Follow This Link Www.auchipoly.n / Examination Is A True Test Of One's Ability / Is There Any Federal Or State University That Accept Lower Credit For Direct

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.