Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,998 members, 7,814,411 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

Roger Federer Wins 8th Wimbledon Title - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Roger Federer Wins 8th Wimbledon Title (7885 Views)

Simona Halep Defeats Serena Williams To Win 2019 Wimbledon (Photos) / Wimbledon: Cori Gauff Defeats Venus Williams, In Tears After (Photos) / Roger Federer Wins 100th ATP Tour Singles Title (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Roger Federer Wins 8th Wimbledon Title by Paulpaulpaul(m): 3:56pm On Jul 17, 2017
Commit your sins when FEDERER is playing, even gods are busy watching

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Roger Federer Wins 8th Wimbledon Title by kocvalour(m): 4:00pm On Jul 17, 2017
obaataaokpaewu:
After 24hours. Nairaland una well-done

you d mind them

person go suffer bring news weh dem no pay me for yet dem no go move am go front page...mtcheew
Re: Roger Federer Wins 8th Wimbledon Title by dfrost: 4:09pm On Jul 17, 2017
obaataaokpaewu:
After 24hours. Nairaland una well-done

The thing tire me, honestly. I don't understand why tennis threads hardly appear on frontpage. embarassed cry angry sad

1 Like

Re: Roger Federer Wins 8th Wimbledon Title by dfrost: 4:36pm On Jul 17, 2017
9jakohai:
Good one from Roger, though for me this might be the last Major he wins.

He had to take a long break to rest body before playing in Australia earlier this year, and even took it a bit easy before Wimbledon.

I don't see Roger winning much after this year. Same for Venus Williams on the women's side. Nadal has at most 3 good years left in him, ditto Djokovic .

Djokovic? His type of game definitely will not last. Also his hiatus will be long considering the type of injury he had. He has been playing with an injured elbow since 2016.

1 Like

Re: Roger Federer Wins 8th Wimbledon Title by namkko99: 4:48pm On Jul 17, 2017
ATTENTION! ATTENTION!! ATTENTION!!!

If you stay in Abuja and you are interested in learning programming/web development.
training commences on the 22nd july.
for more info contact - 07038561877
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Roger Federer Wins 8th Wimbledon Title by dj5naira(m): 5:00pm On Jul 17, 2017
The Wimble-DON!!!
Re: Roger Federer Wins 8th Wimbledon Title by Decale: 5:56pm On Jul 17, 2017
9jakohai:
Good one from Roger, though for me this might be the last Major he wins.

He had to take a long break to rest body before playing in Australia earlier this year, and even took it a bit easy before Wimbledon.

I don't see Roger winning much after this year. Same for Venus Williams on the women's side. Nadal has at most 3 good years left in him, ditto Djokovic .

Federer hasn't been winning "much" since 2012 anyway. He had it easier this grand slam but he's worthy.

Don't underestimate Nadal. His injury worries have limited his greatness. I dare say Nadal would have same number or more grand slams than Federer if he were that fit. You're speaking about a guy that has broken similar records as Federer with fewer tournaments and still boasts of 15 titles, 2nd best. The man is an unrelenting Martina Hingis.

Djokovic is a wimp and has shown lack of strength ever since his career grand slam.

1 Like

Re: Roger Federer Wins 8th Wimbledon Title by Konami94: 6:23pm On Jul 17, 2017
Decale:

Federer hasn't been winning "much" since 2012 anyway. He had it easier this grand slam but he's worthy.

Don't underestimate Nadal. His injury worries have limited his greatness[b]. I dare say Nadal would have same number or more grand slams than Federer if he were that fit. [/b]You're speaking about a guy that has broken similar records as Federer with fewer tournaments and still boasts of 15 titles, 2nd best. The man is an unrelenting Martina Hingis.

Djokovic is a wimp and has shown lack of strength ever since his career grand slam.

Nadal's style of play is very taxing on the body, hence the injuries. You can't play tennis like Nadal and always expect to be fit. No luck involved there, he brought all those injuries upon himself

3 Likes

Re: Roger Federer Wins 8th Wimbledon Title by Yello1(m): 7:10pm On Jul 17, 2017
[quote author=Decale post=58553757]

Don't underestimate Nadal. His injury worries have limited his greatness. I dare say Nadal would have same number or more grand slams than Federer if he were that fit. You're speaking about a guy that has broken similar records as Federer with fewer tournaments and still boasts of 15 titles, 2nd best. The man is an unrelenting Martina Hingis.

I beg to disagree. Remove clay from nadal and u will be left wit 5major. Remove grass from federer and u will still hav 10 majors, federer is over 5years older dan nadal. That fed guy is a talent from God

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Roger Federer Wins 8th Wimbledon Title by Decale: 8:18pm On Jul 17, 2017
Yello1:

I beg to disagree. Remove clay from nadal and u will be left wit 5major. Remove grass from federer and u will still hav 10 majors, federer is over 5years older dan nadal. That fed guy is a talent from God

Lol. You haven't seen Nadal play then.

Even Nadal beats Federer on grass. It's the injuries that limit him. He's 5 years younger with 4 less grand slams. Go figure

1 Like

Re: Roger Federer Wins 8th Wimbledon Title by ernesto93: 8:44pm On Jul 17, 2017
Adeview:
World no 3, Roger Federer beat his fellow counter-part, Marlin Cilic in 1hour 41minutes game session 6-3 6-1 6-4 one-sided triumph.
The Swiss won his first wimblemdon title since 2012, extending his record to 19 Grand Slam titles making him the most successful men in singles Grand Slams.

Source>>> http://www.viewpointngr.com/2017/07/roger-federer-wins-record-breaking.html

most successful MEN okwaaya? kill us wit english u hear? kuku kill us

Re: Roger Federer Wins 8th Wimbledon Title by kindklemz(m): 9:04pm On Jul 17, 2017
Roger has always been my favorite tennis player since the retirement of Andre.
Nasal is finish and will never match up with Roger Fed.
Go go go Roger Federer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Roger Federer Wins 8th Wimbledon Title by Yello1(m): 9:48pm On Jul 17, 2017
Decale:

Lol. You haven't seen Nadal play then.

Even Nadal beats Federer on grass. It's the injuries that limit him. He's 5 years younger with 4 less grand slams. Go figure
i hav watch dem play,it is like watching messi and ronado, messi is gifted while ronado is a product of strenght. Same go for fed and nad. About d injury things dey both are facing one injury or d other. Even tennis great respect d artistic and master display of great tennis by d tennis great. Nadal is great but after roger
Re: Roger Federer Wins 8th Wimbledon Title by Decale: 10:00pm On Jul 17, 2017
Yello1:

i hav watch dem play,it is like watching messi and ronado, messi is gifted while ronado is a product of strenght. Same go for fed and nad. About d injury things dey both are facing one injury or d other. Even tennis great respect d artistic and master display of great tennis by d tennis great. Nadal is great but after roger

We're saying the same thing here. Federer got limited only last year. Before then, Djokovic and Nadal dominated him.

Injury limitations to Nadal made Federer King.
Same as:
Mcgrady in NBA
De Lima in football

We can conclude that Federer is the all time great. But will he be if Nadal were as fit as him? Most likely not

Nadal still got at least 2 more slams to win, Federer probably one more

2 Likes

Re: Roger Federer Wins 8th Wimbledon Title by achorladey: 11:52pm On Jul 17, 2017
the difference between Roger federer and the rest is, Roger led all others to greatness even the best and greatness of nadal cannot change that fact. That Nadal built his game to conquer Federer tell us more about rogers greatness.
While others are slowing down, Roger is still leading the way. That is stuff of GOAT. If nadal were to be absent, no one would best against federer winning half as much french open that nadal had won.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Roger Federer Wins 8th Wimbledon Title by izombie(m): 2:58am On Jul 18, 2017
Decale:

We're saying the same thing here. Federer got limited only last year. Before then, Djokovic and Nadal dominated him.

Injury limitations to Nadal made Federer King.
Same as:
Mcgrady in NBA
De Lima in football

We can conclude that Federer is the all time great. But will he be if Nadal were as fit as him? Most likely not

Nadal still got at least 2 more slams to win, Federer probably one more
dude we get it. You are a nadal's fan but roger is way ahead of nadal and the rest. I llove both players but roger is a more complete player than nadal.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Roger Federer Wins 8th Wimbledon Title by Decale: 8:03am On Jul 18, 2017
izombie:
dude we get it. You are a nadal's fan but roger is way ahead of nadal and the rest. I llove both players but roger is a more complete player than nadal.

Carry your Nadal fanology comot here.

More complete player than Nadal? You see why you need to watch tennis. If you're talking about grand slam distribution, you may be pardoned but even that isn't complete cos Federer hasn't gotten 2 grand slams in each tourney as Nadal. But if you're talking about skills and moves, then you can go watch your other favorite sport. Tennis pros won't even say this one

Nobody is arguing about Federer greatness here. I'm just commenting on his route since 2008.

Ciao

1 Like

Re: Roger Federer Wins 8th Wimbledon Title by sfinkzslot(m): 2:11pm On Jul 18, 2017
Adeview:
Ode for Sir Federer You are my World no 1, Roger Federer I have my respect for you, Roger Federer My son will come to respect you, Roger Federer You have our love Sir Roger Federer

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Regret Playing For Nigeria - Michael Eneramo / Bet9ja Sure Winning Booking Code For Today October Monday 23/10/2017 / Abeke Odegbami Is Dead! Segun Odegbami Loses Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.