Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,196 members, 7,815,172 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

What Is The Name, Ingredients, Owners [tribe] Of This Nigerian Soup? (PHOTO) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Is The Name, Ingredients, Owners [tribe] Of This Nigerian Soup? (PHOTO) (2776 Views)

See This Good Looking Snake Pepper Soup. (photo) / This Nigerian Man Has Masters Degree In Eating (Photos, Video) / Nigerian Soup: Vegetable Soup Recipe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Name, Ingredients, Owners [tribe] Of This Nigerian Soup? (PHOTO) by Godson222: 9:13pm On Jul 17, 2017
The image of this soup was posted by a facebook user but he got funny replies.

I was also amazed by the look of the soup but an adage goes 'don't judge a book by its cover' or do you want to judge this one by its cover? This question was asked by eyereport earlier. Tell us the name of this Nigerian soup, the ingredients, and the tribe that owns it.

Here is the soup

Mynd44

Source; http://www.eyereport.com.ng/do-you-know-this-nigerian-soup/

Re: What Is The Name, Ingredients, Owners [tribe] Of This Nigerian Soup? (PHOTO) by Godson222: 9:14pm On Jul 17, 2017
Godson222:

I was also amazed by the look of the soup but an adage goes 'don't judge a book by its cover' or do you want to judge this one by its cover? This question was asked by eyereport earlier. Tell us the name of this Nigerian soup, the ingredients, and the tribe that owns it.

Here is the soup

Mynd44

Lalasticlala
Re: What Is The Name, Ingredients, Owners [tribe] Of This Nigerian Soup? (PHOTO) by malificent(f): 9:18pm On Jul 17, 2017
shocked shocked Spirogyra soup cheesy cheesy People dey chop o
Re: What Is The Name, Ingredients, Owners [tribe] Of This Nigerian Soup? (PHOTO) by Nne5: 9:23pm On Jul 17, 2017
Hydraulic soup grin

Eww

And people still eat that shyt?
Shift let me faint! cheesy cheesy
Re: What Is The Name, Ingredients, Owners [tribe] Of This Nigerian Soup? (PHOTO) by NwaAmaikpe: 9:26pm On Jul 17, 2017
shocked

That soup is made of Spirogyra, algae and slime.

It is eaten in the West.

It is proven to reduce a human's life span by 12years if eaten at least twice weekly for over a year.
It is responsible for their brownish teeth,
Their green stool
And their body odour.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Name, Ingredients, Owners [tribe] Of This Nigerian Soup? (PHOTO) by Omofunaab2: 9:35pm On Jul 17, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

That soup is made of Spirogyra, algae and slime.

It is eaten in the West.

It is proven to reduce a human's life span by 12years if eaten at least twice weekly for over a year.
It is responsible for their brownish teeth,
Their green stool
And their body odour.

Much more better than this that looks like human poo

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Name, Ingredients, Owners [tribe] Of This Nigerian Soup? (PHOTO) by Nne5: 9:43pm On Jul 17, 2017
Omofunaab2:

Much better than this, that looks more like human poo
Lol this doesn't look like shyte to me. I'd take it over that other algae any day.

Tbh just looking at the green soup makes me want to puke!
Yuck!

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Name, Ingredients, Owners [tribe] Of This Nigerian Soup? (PHOTO) by Nne5: 9:51pm On Jul 17, 2017
Ewww. Totally nauseating.
*pukes*
*pukes again*
Re: What Is The Name, Ingredients, Owners [tribe] Of This Nigerian Soup? (PHOTO) by Omofunaab2: 9:51pm On Jul 17, 2017
Nne5:

Lol this doesn't look like shyte to me.
I'd take it over that other algae any day.

Tbh just looking at the green soup makes me want to puke!

Yuck!

7 Likes

Re: What Is The Name, Ingredients, Owners [tribe] Of This Nigerian Soup? (PHOTO) by Nne5: 10:00pm On Jul 17, 2017
Omofunaab2:
*pukes yet again*

1 Like

Re: What Is The Name, Ingredients, Owners [tribe] Of This Nigerian Soup? (PHOTO) by Nne5: 10:00pm On Jul 17, 2017
Re: What Is The Name, Ingredients, Owners [tribe] Of This Nigerian Soup? (PHOTO) by Evablizin(f): 8:40am On Jul 18, 2017
Wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow
Re: What Is The Name, Ingredients, Owners [tribe] Of This Nigerian Soup? (PHOTO) by Daeylar(f): 9:16am On Jul 18, 2017
so many funny comments on one thread, grin

Evablizin:
Wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow

sound the alarm grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Name, Ingredients, Owners [tribe] Of This Nigerian Soup? (PHOTO) by Nobody: 11:36am On Jul 18, 2017
That should be ewedu soup but the Hausa style. I fit am.shall cos i cant fit fear anything call fooood...
Re: What Is The Name, Ingredients, Owners [tribe] Of This Nigerian Soup? (PHOTO) by YoungDaNaval(m): 11:59am On Jul 18, 2017
Hydraulic Ewedu soup of the Afongas
Re: What Is The Name, Ingredients, Owners [tribe] Of This Nigerian Soup? (PHOTO) by claremont(m): 12:02pm On Jul 18, 2017
Looks like 'Edo black soup', some people also call it Green soup. I enjoyed it back in the day whilst growing up in Benin, Edo state. Tastes great.

As for the annoying tribalists and kids who commented above me, you all need to grow up. People younger than you are using their brains to make money elsewhere, but you would rather prefer trolling Nairaland front pages with you tribalistic and uneducated comments. SMH!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Name, Ingredients, Owners [tribe] Of This Nigerian Soup? (PHOTO) by Godson222: 12:36pm On Jul 18, 2017
Cc; Lalasticlala Mynd44
Re: What Is The Name, Ingredients, Owners [tribe] Of This Nigerian Soup? (PHOTO) by Nnetriplet: 9:13pm On Jul 21, 2017
it looks like miyan kuka, I could have said ewedu but I see no red stew and that doesn't look like amala to me but looks more or less like corn food (tuwon masara)

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Name, Ingredients, Owners [tribe] Of This Nigerian Soup? (PHOTO) by Godson222: 4:15pm On Jul 22, 2017
Lalasticlala come and see food o
Re: What Is The Name, Ingredients, Owners [tribe] Of This Nigerian Soup? (PHOTO) by Nobody: 5:14pm On Apr 19, 2019
lol nofavorss eats this shįt for breakfast, lunch and dinner grin
I think its called hydronic soup embarassed
Godson222:

Here is the soup

Re: What Is The Name, Ingredients, Owners [tribe] Of This Nigerian Soup? (PHOTO) by Nobody: 7:03pm On Apr 19, 2019
CruellaDeVil:
lol nofavorss eats this shįt for breakfast, lunch and dinner grin
I think its called hydronic soup embarassed
Hey babes, you know zaddy loves you kiss kiss

(1) (Reply)

Smart Solar Led Street Light For Schools, Hotels, Hospital, Garden, Parks. / Irish Potato! Irish Potato!! Irish Potato!!! Contact Us For Your Order Today. / BRT/LagBus ADVERTISING IN LAGOS, NIGERIA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.