Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Use In Your Area Per Day? - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Use In Your Area Per Day? (22276 Views)

Clement Onyemelukwe: 'Father Of Electricity’ In Nigeria Died At 86 (Photos) / Sale Mamman: Nigerians Now Enjoy 18 To 24 Hours Of Electricity Daily / How Much Electricity Do Nigerians Need? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Use In Your Area Per Day? by Nobody: 10:38am On Jul 20, 2017
BONNKE AREA, OYO TOWN, ALL THINGS BEING EQUAL, AT LEAST 20HOURS DAILY.
Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Use In Your Area Per Day? by s4short: 10:48am On Jul 20, 2017
Here in Bayelsa, at least 20 hours daily since last week
Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Use In Your Area Per Day? by Agp19(m): 10:49am On Jul 20, 2017
I can't remember the time I watch sunrise daily on channels in lokoja.the only we dey get light is from 11am to 4pm. then later in the evening 10pm to 2am the following morning. we coping!

1 Like

Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Use In Your Area Per Day? by puregrace(m): 10:54am On Jul 20, 2017
Fweshspice:
Here in ilorin, 15-22hrs approximately per day... Can't remember the last time my devices had flat ba3
haba! Haba tícally, where in Ilorin? Ilorin na 4hrs power supply ó,. Airport area.
Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Use In Your Area Per Day? by Nobody: 10:56am On Jul 20, 2017
So it's safe to say that the power sector is indeed improving in recent times, thanks be to God!

For areas still having very epileptic supply, there's one thing I've noticed in this country, people are so used to accepting the status quo, owing to selfishness and only looking out for themselves when things are going wrong, your area is having 0.5hrs supply in a day, have you organized, engaged the DISCO company that serves your area to find out exactly what the problem is? Or are you among the rich gang that beat their chest and burn fuel 24/7 because you can afford it? Or are you among those that sit back cuss the government as much as you can while doing nothing? We should do something, talk to the power companies, drag them to NERC, refuse to pay bills if all dialogue fails, nothing happens without that inertia.

In my area I have like 15hours of power on the average except when there's a fault.

1 Like

Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Use In Your Area Per Day? by Aeebeecee: 10:57am On Jul 20, 2017
my Nigeria people..talk beta wen u see beta...there is a reasonable improvement in power supply.. no lie
na fashola we go hail abi who sef....
Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Use In Your Area Per Day? by chikarism: 11:04am On Jul 20, 2017
baysol:

Where are the fowl mouthed IPOB Characters that are never contributors but critics of what they can never achieve in a life time . Fashola and team are working keep the good work going. October first loading.......

myopic minds during raining u praising NEPA let d dry season come so that we can hear testimony
Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Use In Your Area Per Day? by chikarism: 11:09am On Jul 20, 2017
SnowJay92:
So it's safe to say that the power sector is indeed improving in recent times, thanks be to God!

For areas still having very epileptic supply, there's one thing I've noticed in this country, people are so used to accepting the status quo, owing to selfishness and only looking out for themselves when things are going wrong, your area is having 0.5hrs supply in a day, have you organized, engaged the DISCO company that serves your area to find out exactly what the problem is? Or are you among the rich gang that beat their chest and burn fuel 24/7 because you can afford it? Or are you among those that sit back cuss the government as much as you can while doing nothing? We should do something, talk to the power companies, drag them to NERC, refuse to pay bills if all dialogue fails, nothing happens without that inertia.

In my area I have like 15hours of power on the average except when there's a fault.
Nigerians are always too quick to fgt.
its is always normal that by dis time of yrs because of the rain fall there is increase in power supply thinking its is the government policy my dear it just natural.
just wait till dry season
d same thing happened when Baba assume office they said it was his body language dt things has started working
Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Use In Your Area Per Day? by Salore(m): 11:12am On Jul 20, 2017
we normally get one day off and two days on with light for about 23/24hr perday right here in apapa, since yesterday there has been light since 7am uptil this moment apprximately 28hr now and this has been on since the begining of last month. won't praise them now until we enter dry season.

1 Like

Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Use In Your Area Per Day? by chaley(m): 11:18am On Jul 20, 2017
in Osun State, city of Ede. our light nah die dem fit no carry am for lyk 4 days and I can boast say we dey get light for complete 23hrs a day. Demola Adeleke just paid for 2years Nepa Bill for d 10 local government dat vote him into d Senate. So we are just blessed here.
Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Use In Your Area Per Day? by pheesayor(m): 11:22am On Jul 20, 2017
at least 22 hours, some times we get almost 48 hours at stretch especially weekends
Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Use In Your Area Per Day? by Skmoda(m): 11:28am On Jul 20, 2017
17hrs tops at FGGC STAFF QUARTRS BIDA.
Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Use In Your Area Per Day? by Nobody: 11:28am On Jul 20, 2017
chikarism:

its is always normal that by dis time of yrs because of the rain fall there is increase in power supply thinking its is the government policy my dear it just natural.
d same thing happened when Baba assume office they said it was his body language dt things has started working

We'll see, I was also having relatively good power before the rains came, I'm not saying all is uhuru now, far from it, a lot still needs to be done, but when someone is trying to make an effort (the power sector for instance), encouragements go a long way.

The rains might have contributed to the improvement in power but I still believe something no matter how small has been added to the grid, and really the number one problem in that sector is not even generation, but transmission and distribution capacity. Even if nothing has been added in generation, rejuvating the transmission network and the getting the discos to up their game would mean a lot, and trust me talking ill of the govt in power and hating the country isn't gonna do any of that.

Let me tell you, as far as epileptic power is concerned, there's enough blames to go round, do you know how much energy folks steal in this country without paying? Not to talk of sabotage and all that, the govt is not to blame for all of it you know.
Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Use In Your Area Per Day? by LOGISTICS10: 11:44am On Jul 20, 2017
For my area in Akoko, it has up to 2yrs that we c light last. Dont just know waiting my ppu do dem
Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Use In Your Area Per Day? by Fweshspice(m): 11:51am On Jul 20, 2017
puregrace:
haba! Haba tícally, where in Ilorin? Ilorin na 4hrs power supply ó,. Airport area.
bros na 4 ur area be dat oh.. Pple residing in gaa-akanbi can relate to my post
Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Use In Your Area Per Day? by Danachuks(m): 12:10pm On Jul 20, 2017
In some parts of Anambra state, PHCN brings light only when they want to distribute their Bills... once they bring the Bill,the next day "as Usual"

1 Like

Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Use In Your Area Per Day? by Philistine(m): 12:10pm On Jul 20, 2017
chikarism:

Will you shut up! Improvement in power supply started late last year ,which was during the dry season. Stop been a pessimist!

1 Like

Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Use In Your Area Per Day? by Danachuks(m): 12:15pm On Jul 20, 2017
Theformation352:
Have you ever regretted not doing something that turned out profitable in the end? its a feeling no one likes. today's 120 odds now ready..
See images below for more..

Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Use In Your Area Per Day? by kasany(f): 1:33pm On Jul 20, 2017
12 hrs a day Agip estate Phcity
Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Use In Your Area Per Day? by Joe4real701(m): 2:03pm On Jul 20, 2017
In Alausa Ikeja area of Lagos we have an average of 23-24 hours of light except the transformer is faulty.....We dey really dey flex lyt here since independence
Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Use In Your Area Per Day? by Tiffbuxas: 2:21pm On Jul 20, 2017
tonguengineer:

Baba were ni e sha
Y u no kuku tell am sey make he dey count water
lol the idea was just to keep him @ home
Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Use In Your Area Per Day? by Juliearth(f): 2:30pm On Jul 20, 2017
2dice01:
only sunday? You must be joking

I kid you not,bro.
Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Use In Your Area Per Day? by farouk0403(m): 3:19pm On Jul 20, 2017
24/7 without interuption, in Asokoro Abuja.
Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Use In Your Area Per Day? by tolux247(m): 3:19pm On Jul 20, 2017
Ahmadgani:
for the past 2 days, no interruption

the other time it was complete 6 days

Which area b dat
Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Use In Your Area Per Day? by mapet: 4:40pm On Jul 20, 2017
larrywax:
I disagree with that! An average Nigerian will pay their bills if the service good!

I disagree with you. Where is that average Nigerian in Lagos of 21m people, yet only about 600,000 pay tax. Does that mean that about 2% of the country are average and the rest "below-average"?

See Nigerian do ridiculous thing to avoid paying bills, meter by-pass for starters

1 Like

Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Use In Your Area Per Day? by mapet: 4:43pm On Jul 20, 2017
Pylony:
Some people dey shout FaSHOWla is working up and down Africa, oya make una tell us if Electricity is not part of what we stand to benefit as citizens, abi the thing is now free of charge sef, i wan know.

Will you rather have the GEJ era, when radio stations, TV stations, Stock exchange, etc where shutting down due to almost complete power failure?
Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Use In Your Area Per Day? by mapet: 4:46pm On Jul 20, 2017
braxjay:
with the amount of light you pippo are saying you have i have to ask, Are we staying in the same Nigeria ? are you in lagos island ? lekki to be precise?

if yes to these questions my brother check well and edit your comment appropriately

light here is sometimes good, sometimes you wont even see it for the whole day or 2

Do you want to force people to reflect the experience of your area as theirs?
Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Use In Your Area Per Day? by mapet: 4:46pm On Jul 20, 2017
giddykay:
Come to oshogbo and experience an everlasting power supply

Osogbo is a major landing hub, hence theirs is automatic
Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Use In Your Area Per Day? by gustav25: 5:29pm On Jul 20, 2017
aladinma owerri ....20-22hours

since the past 6-8 years
Re: How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Use In Your Area Per Day? by kelvinhilton(m): 10:27pm On Jul 20, 2017
Where I reside in Abj its almost 24hrs for the past 10yrs since we moved in.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Soldier In Sambisa Forest Drops A Rap Freestyle (Video) / RCCG’s Dangerous Foray Into Politics For Osinbajo By Farooq Kperogi / Akeredolu Replies El-Rufai, Says 'Anti-Open Grazing Law Has Come To Stay'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.