Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,843 members, 7,862,763 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 05:15 AM

Islamic Jihadist Want To Kill Nollywood Entertainment. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Islamic Jihadist Want To Kill Nollywood Entertainment. (2439 Views)

Enugu Leads As ‘jihadist Herdsmen Forcefully Invade, Occupy 350 Igbo Communities / Anozie Maduabuchi Cyril Asks Chinese Officials: All Of You Want To Kill Me? / Gen TY Danjuma Explodes: Buhari Is The Sponsor Of Fulani Jihadist's invasion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islamic Jihadist Want To Kill Nollywood Entertainment. by fineboynl(m): 2:28am On Jul 18, 2017
it's no longer news there is motive to kill Nigeria westernized art for Islamist movement. Nigeria entertainment is no longer a Nigeria thing only, but international like the USA. the only market Nigeria music has not touch is the USA due to the fact that they are heavy weights in music. and some of them are already using Nigeria influenced song to enter Europe and international market to promote themselves or album as we have seen from Drake and kenya West.

you cannot ban Nigeria art from shooting video outside except you want to kill it, nollywood never got anything from government to get to this height. the only thing the government can do is to tell them to try to shoot some and encourage local moving not saying you are banning it.

we all knows that Nigeria don't have the capacity to shoot BBN in Nigeria let not shy away. we are not just there yet.

i have made conclusion that this is a jihad movement to islamized Nigeria by killing nollywood.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamic Jihadist Want To Kill Nollywood Entertainment. by XFive: 5:15am On Jul 18, 2017
Nollywood will kill anyone that wants to kill it

4 Likes

Re: Islamic Jihadist Want To Kill Nollywood Entertainment. by googlepikins: 5:23am On Jul 18, 2017
APC government, please I take God beg una to stay away from the music industry and Nollywood industry. You people have killed every sector you touch. This one we have now is your target to destroy

2 Likes

Re: Islamic Jihadist Want To Kill Nollywood Entertainment. by Lifestone(m): 5:46am On Jul 18, 2017
For asking them to shoot their productions locally? Please let's get a life. In another way we are also complaining of no work for our youth. Unfortunately it's the youth that have most criticised the proposed policy.
What I had expected are contributions from the youth on how the policy could be best implemented without causing damages to the industry. For me I support this initiative, it will create more jobs. A time frame should be given for the provision of infrastructures for production which amount to fresh business opportunity.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamic Jihadist Want To Kill Nollywood Entertainment. by StOla: 5:54am On Jul 18, 2017
Must religious lunatics turn everything to a religious tussle?

Religion and madness are twins from the same womb.

1 Like

Re: Islamic Jihadist Want To Kill Nollywood Entertainment. by ZKOSOSO(m): 6:07am On Jul 18, 2017
Music is Haram in Quran. It's called ''Shaytan noise of distraction ''

Music is more of Christian thing than any religion.

So it must give way cos SHARIA wind is blowing across the Land.

Jesus pass dem....

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Islamic Jihadist Want To Kill Nollywood Entertainment. by fineboynl(m): 6:31am On Jul 18, 2017
Lifestone:
For asking them to shoot their productions locally? Please let's get a life. In another way we are also complaining of no work for our youth. Unfortunately it's the youth that have most criticised the proposed policy.
What I had expected are contributions from the youth on how the policy could be best implemented without causing damages to the industry. For me I support this initiative, it will create more jobs. A time frame should be given for the provision of infrastructures for production which amount to fresh business opportunity.
government shouldn't interfere or control entertainment industry. entertainment is on it own you don't forced it. people liked Nigeria music across the globe because of those video shooting there to promote it. going local will killed and buried it here. the almighty one dance by Drake was shoot in south Africa. rick ross also shoot video here. so it is international thing. stop this creating job by force. no job is going to be created by force otherwise you kill everything. how many job have they created since they ban rice? since they ban importing here and there how many job have they created? encourage people to do things instead and once they do it and it doesn't work out for them then it means nothing you can do instead of outright forced ban which will ruined everything.

3 Likes

Re: Islamic Jihadist Want To Kill Nollywood Entertainment. by jjjjj2017: 6:40am On Jul 18, 2017
Lifestone:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamic Jihadist Want To Kill Nollywood Entertainment. by jjjjj2017: 6:40am On Jul 18, 2017
StOla:
Must religious lunatics turn everything to a religious tussle?

Religion and madness are twins from the same womb.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamic Jihadist Want To Kill Nollywood Entertainment. by clarocuzioo(m): 6:45am On Jul 18, 2017
Sometimes I keep wondering what we did to be cursed with this set of hypocritical leaders, you want to ban shooting abroad, but your leader is abroad enjoying the best medical attention even after appropriating more budgetary allocation to the state house hospital more than the entire Federal government hospital in the country, you travel abroad for your vacations, you don't even patronise made in Nigeria goods, your children are schooling abroad, you take your wives and concubines for shopping abroad, and you want shooting to be done in Nigeria?? APC is a monumental mistake.

11 Likes

Re: Islamic Jihadist Want To Kill Nollywood Entertainment. by Lifestone(m): 6:49am On Jul 18, 2017
fineboynl:
government shouldn't interfere or control entertainment industry. entertainment is on it own you don't forced it. people liked Nigeria music across the globe because of those video shooting there to promote it. going local will killed and buried it here. the almighty one dance by Drake was shoot in south Africa. rick ross also shoot video here. so it is international thing. stop this creating job by force. no job is going to be created by force otherwise you kill everything. how many job have they created since they ban rice? since they ban important here and there how many job have they created? encourage people to do things instead and once they do it it doesn't woke out for them then it means nothing you can do instead of outright forced ban which will ruined everything.
Again you are talking from the surface. Since the era of Dr Adesina during GEJ government, banning of agricultural products that we can grow locally has led to increase in local production of cassava, rice, soya beans, yam and othere farm proute. It simply means more people are going back to farm including myself (not ful time thougj) this is commendable. We can do same in the entertainment. It does not mean there will be an immediate ban, but a policy statement that will see at least 70% production content coming from locals over time, the discussions should be how to achieve that not that of condemnation. Unfortunately those who should know have joined the badwagoon, the likes of PSQUARE.
As far as I am concerned the most important challenge facing Nigeria today is youth unemployment

1 Like

Re: Islamic Jihadist Want To Kill Nollywood Entertainment. by Lifestone(m): 6:54am On Jul 18, 2017
[quote author=jjjjj2017 post=58566752][/quote]
Why can't you make intelligent discussions. You are obviously limited in intellect.

1 Like

Re: Islamic Jihadist Want To Kill Nollywood Entertainment. by PapaBrowne(m): 6:55am On Jul 18, 2017
Lifestone:

Dude, you are the one who should get a life. Apparently, you are not updated and know too little about the waves Nigerian entertainment sector is making globally. Do yourself a favour and go to youtube, watch a Nigerian music video from Psuare, Tekno, Davido, Wizkid et al and read comments and see how many young people from Congo to Costa Rica, Madagascar to Montenegro are drolling over Nigerian music. Ever heard of cultural Invasion?

These youngsters have built a global audience for themselves and are making Nigerians proud. And they cannot compromise the quality of their output in the name of satisfying Lai Mohammed stupidity. Quality is king and thats the source of their success!

Funnily, its even cheaper for them to fly a whole crew to South Africa and shoot a top quality video than shoot it in Lagos where Lai Mohammeds area boys and government bureaucrats are waiting to milk them dry and kill their hard work.

Art is not manufacturing! You only stifle creativity when you apply draconian measures.

7 Likes

Re: Islamic Jihadist Want To Kill Nollywood Entertainment. by fineboynl(m): 7:05am On Jul 18, 2017
Lifestone:

Again you are talking from the surface. Since the era of Dr Adesina during GEJ government, banning of agricultural products that we can grow locally has led to increase in local production of cassava, rice, soya beans, yam and othere farm proute. It simply means more people are going back to farm including myself (not ful time thougj) this is commendable. We can do same in the entertainment. It does not mean there will be an immediate ban, but a policy statement that will see at least 70% production content coming from locals over time, the discussions should be how to achieve that not that of condemnation. Unfortunately those who should know have joined the badwagoon, the likes of PSQUARE.
As far as I am concerned the most important challenge facing Nigeria today is youth unemployment
the local video production already covers 70% how many artist they shoot video abroad?? if those countries forced their people from listening Nigerian music what will the government do?

1 Like

Re: Islamic Jihadist Want To Kill Nollywood Entertainment. by Lifestone(m): 7:06am On Jul 18, 2017
PapaBrowne:

Dude, you are the one who should get a life. Apparently, you are not updated and know too little about the waves Nigerian entertainment sector is making globally. Do yourself a favour and go to youtube, watch a Nigerian music video from Psuare, Tekno, Davido, Wizkid et al and read comments and see how many young people from Congo to Costa Rica, Madagascar to Montenegro are drolling over Nigerian music.

These youngsters have built a global audience for themselves and are making Nigerians proud. And they cannot compromise the quality of their output in the name of satisfying Lai Mohammed stupidity. Quality is king and thats the source of their success!
I doubt if you loved these music more than me. The fact I am saying is that we need to domesticate most of these benefits to our people. Should it happen with a ban? NO, that's the discussions we should be having. We should be asking our government and private sector to improve infrastructures to allow for the kind of quality that drives these productions abroad rather than saying absolute No to the proposal. Our narratives should be along the line to reshape his proposal in the that will benefit both the people who most buy these products and support the industry for growth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Islamic Jihadist Want To Kill Nollywood Entertainment. by fineboynl(m): 7:08am On Jul 18, 2017
why they didn't ban importation of fuel? diesel?
they are chasing shadows

2 Likes

Re: Islamic Jihadist Want To Kill Nollywood Entertainment. by StarPlayer: 7:11am On Jul 18, 2017
Lifestone:

Please can you stop sounding like a lunatic already? Why can't these old senile jihadists focus on more important sectors like building more refineries for local production of refined oil or more equipped schools and hospitals instead of bothering themselves with how Nigerians want to be entertained?

5 Likes

Re: Islamic Jihadist Want To Kill Nollywood Entertainment. by Lifestone(m): 7:13am On Jul 18, 2017
fineboynl:
the local video production already covers 70% how many artist they shoot video abroad?? if those countries forced their people from listening Nigerian music what will the government do?
Most of the music super stars shoots their video in South Africa simply because of better infrastructures.We should be discussing these and not condemn the proposal.
Re: Islamic Jihadist Want To Kill Nollywood Entertainment. by GuntersChain(m): 7:16am On Jul 18, 2017
they should ban medical tourism, schooling abroad, importation of fuel, wearing foreign fabrics but native attire. Then i will take this mofo government seriously. 100 days in london.

4 Likes

Re: Islamic Jihadist Want To Kill Nollywood Entertainment. by Lifestone(m): 7:19am On Jul 18, 2017
StarPlayer:
Please can you stop sounding like a lunatic already? Why can't these old senile jihadists focus on more important sectors like building more refineries for local production of refined oil or more equipped schools and hospitals instead of bothering themselves with how Nigerians want to be entertained?
Only intellectually handicap people like you result into insult to cover up the gaps in their reasoning. Focus on hospital, roads more schools etc shouldn't stop discussions on the entertainment industry. You need more Oxygen bro.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamic Jihadist Want To Kill Nollywood Entertainment. by fineboynl(m): 7:20am On Jul 18, 2017
Lifestone:

Most of the music super stars shoots their video in South Africa simply because of better infrastructures.We should be discussing these and not condemn the proposal.
there is nothing to discussed. Nigeria is shit hole. this matter has been in the floor of the house of assembly before during Jonathan.( is like you were born yesterday). about shooting video abroad. some honorable member already investigated the issues and invited some top nollywood on the matter when they were shooting firms in ghana. the house later drop down the bill. entertainment is creativity not amala and ewadu

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamic Jihadist Want To Kill Nollywood Entertainment. by PapaBrowne(m): 7:20am On Jul 18, 2017
Lifestone:

I doubt if you loved these music more than me. The fact I am saying is that we need to domesticate most of these benefits to our people. Should it happen with a ban? NO, that's the discussions we should be having. We should be asking our government and private sector to improve infrastructures to allow for the kind of quality that drives these productions abroad rather than saying absolute No to the proposal. Our narratives should be along the line to reshape his proposal in the that will benefit both the people who most buy these products and support the industry for growth.
His proposal should be dumped in a soakaway pit. It has no value to be discussed. Why don't we start by banning fuel imports so that we can start refining our crude locally.
Do you know whats annoying? The fact that he even has the effrontery to mention it means that he doesn't even feel the sensibilities of Nigerians at the moment. And the more annoying thing is that folks like you, help rationalize his stupidity and thats whats keeps them going on and on with all this nonsense.
To think that Buhari is in London while not a single hospital wall has been painted talkless of equipped in the last 2 years and you think we should rationalise this man's stupidity? Haba!!

9 Likes

Re: Islamic Jihadist Want To Kill Nollywood Entertainment. by jjjjj2017: 7:21am On Jul 18, 2017
Lifestone:

Why can't you make intelligent discussions. You are obviously limited in intellect.

4 Likes

Re: Islamic Jihadist Want To Kill Nollywood Entertainment. by Ojiofor: 7:23am On Jul 18, 2017
When will they ban Buhari from going to London to seek treatment abi our local hospitals no need encouragement?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamic Jihadist Want To Kill Nollywood Entertainment. by Lifestone(m): 7:24am On Jul 18, 2017
fineboynl:
there is nothing to discussed. Nigeria is shit hole. this matter has been in the floor of the house of assembly before during Jonathan.( is like you were born yesterday). about shooting video abroad. some honorable member already investigated the issues and invited some top nollywood on the matter when they were shooting firms in ghana. the house later drop down the bill. entertainment is creativity not amala and ewadu
You will continue to live in the poo hole as you claimed so long you are fixated. I dont ever see anything wrong in an attempt to increase local content. Do I agree with a ban No, but do I support the idea yes. We can then discuss how to make it better, that's my point. I am sure I don't sound like a baby if you listen very well
Re: Islamic Jihadist Want To Kill Nollywood Entertainment. by jjjjj2017: 7:25am On Jul 18, 2017
Lifestone:

[s]Again you are talking from the surface. Since the era of Dr Adesina during GEJ government, banning of agricultural products that we can grow locally has led to increase in local production of cassava, rice, soya beans, yam and othere farm proute. It simply means more people are going back to farm including myself (not ful time thougj) this is commendable. We can do same in the entertainment. It does not mean there will be an immediate ban, but a policy statement that will see at least 70% production content coming from locals over time, the discussions should be how to achieve that not that of condemnation. Unfortunately those who should know have joined the badwagoon, the likes of PSQUARE.
As far as I am concerned the most important challenge facing Nigeria today is youth unemployment[/s]
The idiot buhari has been in UK hospital for the past 70days & still counting, why can't he make use of Aso Rock Hospital or either UCH/LUTH?
The same idiot buhari sent his children to school abroad, don't we have university in Nigeria?
Do you know that almost all APC governors sent their children to school outside the country?
Do you realize how much Nigerian entertainment industry makes from foreigner?
Do you realize that such stupid policy might cut ties between Nigerian entertainment industry & their foreign fans? When will APC asslicker get brain for God sake?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamic Jihadist Want To Kill Nollywood Entertainment. by Warship: 7:28am On Jul 18, 2017
This is why I laugh at fools who attack IPOB

Islamization is real

We must escape before it is too late

5 Likes

Re: Islamic Jihadist Want To Kill Nollywood Entertainment. by Lifestone(m): 7:29am On Jul 18, 2017
PapaBrowne:

His proposal should be dumped in a soakaway pit. It has no value to be discussed. Why don't we start by banning fuel imports so that we can start refining our crude locally.
Do you know whats annoying? The fact that he even has the effrontery to mention it means that he doesn't even feel the sensibilities of Nigerians at the moment. And the more annoying thing is that folks like you, help rationalize his stupidity and thats whats keeps them going on and on with all this nonsense.
To think that Buhari is in London while not a single hospital wall has been painted talkless of equipped in the last 2 years and you think we should rationalise this man's stupidity? Haba!!
That you have problems with a message do not mean you must have problems with the messager. Even Donald Trump won the US election on putting American first. I am for anything that will increase local content in any industry in Nigeria, we can the discuss how to achieve that without disruptions

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Islamic Jihadist Want To Kill Nollywood Entertainment. by StarPlayer: 7:30am On Jul 18, 2017
Lifestone:

Only intellectually handicap people like you result into insult to cover up the gaps in their reasoning. Focus on hospital, roads more schools etc shouldn't stop discussions on the entertainment industry. You need more Oxygen bro.
No need arguing with you. You need more sense, you're seriously lacking in it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamic Jihadist Want To Kill Nollywood Entertainment. by jjjjj2017: 7:32am On Jul 18, 2017
Lifestone:

[s]That you have problems with a message do not mean you must have problems with the message. Even Donald Trump won the US election on putting American first. I am for anything that will increase local content in any industry in Nigeria, we can the discuss how to achieve that without disruptions[/s]
bla bla bla!!!

STFU!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamic Jihadist Want To Kill Nollywood Entertainment. by fineboynl(m): 7:36am On Jul 18, 2017
Lol, epics. Schools and entertainment is among the list you don't forces people where to participate. several Africa countries have tried to place ban/restrict to foreign/Nigeria music to encourage their local content but it never worked. go and find out both south Africa and Ghana even in some states in Nigeria they do this. but yet it never work. entertainment markets is earned by creativity not forced.

1 Like

Re: Islamic Jihadist Want To Kill Nollywood Entertainment. by Agimor(m): 7:45am On Jul 18, 2017
Bubu should just adopt Kin Jong Un, style of operation so we can know we are still the ancient times.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

IPOB Are Ingrates, They Should Be Thankful To Orji Kalu - Arewa Youths / Breaking news:Operation Python Dance: ICC to investigate killings of IPOB member / Gov. Fayose Sister Cries Out As She Carry Placard Of The Lady Sleeping Around

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.