Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,725 members, 7,816,982 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

18 Senators Under Probe For N367.5b Fraud - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 18 Senators Under Probe For N367.5b Fraud (12094 Views)

Ex River State Gov Odili Under Probe For N100B / Lawan, Gbajabiamila, CJN Tanko Muhammad, Others Under Probe / Abia State Secures $1.5B Deal From China Shoe Factory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

18 Senators Under Probe For N367.5b Fraud by sarrki(m): 5:09am On Jul 18, 2017
Eighteen senators are under investigation by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) for alleged N367.5billion fraud, it was learnt yesterday.

Seven are on trial. Some of the cases date back to 10 years.

A senator is being investigated for alleged stamp duty infractions.

One or two senators (outside the list) are under investigation for their alleged involvement in the N19billion and $86million London-Paris Club refund in which seven governors have been implicated.

The Nation stumbled on a fact-sheet which indicates that 11 of the senators under investigation are from the North. The others are from the South.

Those facing trial include two from Northcentral, three from Northwest, one from Northeast and one from Southeast.

Those being investigated cut across the six-geopolitical zones.

Most of the N367.5billion alleged fraud border on money laundering, misappropriation, unexecuted contracts, diversion of public funds to campaigns, and others.

In one of the cases, a senator is being probed for alleged diversion of about N108billion while he was a governor in one of the states in the South-South.

A senator allegedly embezzled about N47billion when he was a governor. Investigators believe he was aided by his wife and son.

A senator is standing trial for alleged mismanagement of N1.2billion ecological funds; another allegedly diverted to other uses N1billion meant for the repair of a collapsed dam.

The other strands of the fraud include laundering of N40billion by a senator from the North-East; diversion of N3billion to campaign by a North-West senator; 149-count charge of mismanagement of N15billion by a senator from the North-Central and the arraignment of a North-West senator for allegedly N52billion fraud.

There are N9billion case involving a senator from the South-East; N2.1billion contract fraud by a member of the Upper Chamber from the South-South; N10.2billion fraud traced to a senator from the North-West and N2billion diverted funds credited to a senator from the North-Central.

Two aides of a senator, who is being probed for alleged illegal deduction of N3.5billion from the London-Paris Club refund have been quizzed.

Three new senators from the North-Central, South-East and South-West have been under investigation for some infractions, including alleged Stamp Duty collection fraud.

An EFCC source, who spoke in confidence, said: “The case files of all these 18 senators are already with us. Seven of them are already on trial.

“But, certainly, 11 others will be prosecuted at the appropriate time. It may interest you that some agencies in a few international jurisdictions are interested in some of the cases against some of these senators.

“It might also interest you that some of these cases predated the appointment of the present Acting Chairman of EFCC, Mr. Ibrahim Magu. But since continuity is a cardinal principle of the EFCC, Magu has decided to ensure that the matters in court are pursued to logical conclusion. There is also no waiver for all cases undergoing investigation.”

In response to a question, the source added: “Magu has no personal problem with any senator. He inherited most of these cases.”

Meanwhile, it was learnt that some of the senators have also made a “strong case for the discontinuation of either their investigation or prosecution by the EFCC as part of the conditions for supporting Magu.

“In one of the lobbying sessions, a senator from the North-East said he committed no crime to have been subjected to trial by the EFCC.

“Although a Senator from the North-Central was aggrieved, he was reported to have said: ‘I won’t block the nomination of Magu because he is probing me. I have forgiven him. But I know I did not commit any fraud and I will be vindicated in the end.

http://thenationonlineng.net/18-senators-probe-alleged-n367-5b-fraud/

2 Likes

Re: 18 Senators Under Probe For N367.5b Fraud by Spicy06: 5:13am On Jul 18, 2017
They have come again lipsrsealed

6 Likes

Re: 18 Senators Under Probe For N367.5b Fraud by nextprince: 5:15am On Jul 18, 2017
That is why they desperately want Magu out?

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 18 Senators Under Probe For N367.5b Fraud by sarrki(m): 5:17am On Jul 18, 2017
nextprince:
That is why they desperately want Magu out?

Nah so boss

All enemies of the state will not go unpunished

25 Likes

Re: 18 Senators Under Probe For N367.5b Fraud by Chuukwudi(m): 5:21am On Jul 18, 2017
Next!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 18 Senators Under Probe For N367.5b Fraud by Nobody: 5:28am On Jul 18, 2017
grin
Nigeria is looted!

8 Likes

Re: 18 Senators Under Probe For N367.5b Fraud by hisgrace090: 5:57am On Jul 18, 2017
Senators will now be like, keep talking as you will soon be booted out of efcc stuborn man.

Magu is the man for the job, weather they like it or not

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 18 Senators Under Probe For N367.5b Fraud by Nobody: 6:02am On Jul 18, 2017
These people are fighting desperately to get Magu out, Magu is fighting desperately to stay relevant. At the end of the day, they'll negotiate.

Magu aint as wise as i thought. Dude, investigate privily, conclude then hit them where they cant get out, with facts, figures, evidences that they cant deny..

At the end of the day, the politicians will win this one, EFCC is running media trials.

4 Likes

Re: 18 Senators Under Probe For N367.5b Fraud by kessling: 6:02am On Jul 18, 2017
Nollywood

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 18 Senators Under Probe For N367.5b Fraud by Firefire(m): 6:13am On Jul 18, 2017
Which party are the 18 sinators belonging to?

APGA? or APC?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 18 Senators Under Probe For N367.5b Fraud by Nobody: 6:17am On Jul 18, 2017
storystory...at the end only unfortunate yahoo boys would be jailed, like the amnesty for looters bill is only retrospective.

4 Likes

Re: 18 Senators Under Probe For N367.5b Fraud by Nobody: 6:20am On Jul 18, 2017
If any one of these 18 guys lands in jail,I will eat my own head. As a keen observer of the Nigerian anti-corruption "war",I have come to the realization that these probes are like roads that lead to nowhere. The EFCC and the entirety of the justice system in Nigeria remain totally handicapped and as a result I see these men getting away. Grim reality but true. Let's face it,this war on corruption is a monumental failure.

5 Likes

Re: 18 Senators Under Probe For N367.5b Fraud by dunkem21(m): 6:20am On Jul 18, 2017
Wake me up when they release their names ..

5 Likes

Re: 18 Senators Under Probe For N367.5b Fraud by sarrki(m): 6:23am On Jul 18, 2017
dunkem21:
Wake me up when they release their names ..

grin

Baba where you enter
Re: 18 Senators Under Probe For N367.5b Fraud by greatiyk4u(m): 6:24am On Jul 18, 2017
This is the major reason they want Buhari dead or incapacitated since He is the only Nigerian alive that can touch any culprit of crime no matter how highly placed you are

Once Buhari is gone, we are going backto business as usual and the lazy, morally bankrupt, corruption benefactors Nairalanders who are using the social media to force those with weaker minds into believing that Buhari doesn't mean well to us

When I read some comments from some Nlander here, I feel like weeping, some are bore out of ignorance from poor education, others are deliberate due to their level of moral damaged value systems

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 18 Senators Under Probe For N367.5b Fraud by pelumi111: 6:24am On Jul 18, 2017
Am very sure Saraki will be there from North central Dino melaye From south west ike ekweremado from south east...... This three are always in the bad liist of the Senate..... I think this are the cabals of the senate
Re: 18 Senators Under Probe For N367.5b Fraud by ajepako(f): 6:25am On Jul 18, 2017
Only 18

Where is my whistle??

2 Likes

Re: 18 Senators Under Probe For N367.5b Fraud by sarrki(m): 6:26am On Jul 18, 2017
ajepako:
Only 18

Where is my whistle??

Sis Mi owon

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 18 Senators Under Probe For N367.5b Fraud by xcolanto(m): 6:27am On Jul 18, 2017
Circus show!
All talk no substance.
Magu is desperately trying to hold the senate at the balls and the senate is desperately trying to hold Magu at the balls.
Reminds me of two unclad shameless men fighting for who grabs the others balls faster so the other succumbs.
At the end of the day we know these is all political abracadabra that shall vanish into thin air when the dust settles.
Re: 18 Senators Under Probe For N367.5b Fraud by dunkem21(m): 6:35am On Jul 18, 2017
sarrki:

grin

Baba where you enter

I dey bros. This kain fake news full for NL and no need to comment on fairy tales.

Oh, na you post the fake news sef cheesy

1 Like

Re: 18 Senators Under Probe For N367.5b Fraud by Atiku2019: 6:52am On Jul 18, 2017
Stories to cover up the executives gross incompetence grin

1 Like

Re: 18 Senators Under Probe For N367.5b Fraud by bewla(m): 6:55am On Jul 18, 2017
way no they end

1 Like

Re: 18 Senators Under Probe For N367.5b Fraud by sarrki(m): 7:05am On Jul 18, 2017
dunkem21:

I dey bros. This kain fake news full for NL and no need to comment on fairy tales.

Oh, na you post the fake news sef cheesy

cheesy

1 Like

Re: 18 Senators Under Probe For N367.5b Fraud by StarPlayer: 7:16am On Jul 18, 2017
Nigeria is doomed
Re: 18 Senators Under Probe For N367.5b Fraud by GuntersChain(m): 7:33am On Jul 18, 2017
see looters, check there religion is either christian and muslim, Hypocrites
Re: 18 Senators Under Probe For N367.5b Fraud by nextprince: 7:43am On Jul 18, 2017
greatiyk4u:
This is the major reason they want Buhari dead or incapacitated since He is the only Nigerian alive that can touch any culprit of crime no matter how highly placed you are

Once Buhari is gone, we are going backto business as usual and the lazy, morally bankrupt, corruption benefactors Nairalanders who are using the social media to force those with weaker minds into believing that Buhari doesn't mean well to us

When I read some comments from some Nlander here, I feel like weeping, some are bore out of ignorance from poor education, others are deliberate due to their level of moral damaged value systems

Gbam.
But unfortunately, we the masses that don't stand to benefit from that "business as usual" are even the noisiest. Just look at how some of the so-called youths even on nairaland have dumped their brains in the toilet and seriously praying for his death.
Honestly, this country has a very long way to go, almost everybody is interested in stealing.

3 Likes

Re: 18 Senators Under Probe For N367.5b Fraud by Nobody: 7:50am On Jul 18, 2017
Baseless claims aimed at bullying the senate and Supreme Court

EFCC has no evidence nor leads to investigate

This is another fake news!

Guess what? Magu is gone! The Supreme Court will seal his fate!

2 Likes

Re: 18 Senators Under Probe For N367.5b Fraud by cyberguy72(m): 10:21am On Jul 18, 2017
greatiyk4u:

before he became a vegetable how many Corrupt politician serving or out of service did he prosecute?

2 Likes

Re: 18 Senators Under Probe For N367.5b Fraud by doctokwus: 10:46am On Jul 18, 2017
ItachiUchiha:
These people are fighting desperately to get Magu out, Magu is fighting desperately to stay relevant. At the end of the day, they'll negotiate.

Magu aint as wise as i thought. Dude, investigate privily, conclude then hit them where they cant get out, with facts, figures, evidences that they cant deny..

At the end of the day, the politicians will win this one, EFCC is running media trials.
It's a game of wits they are playing and d public is d platform.
Senate want Magu out bcoz of how far dey know he can go to expose how corrupt they are.But all d while they can't come out and say so but are only using one part of the discredited Dss report as their reason.
Magu is meanwhile leaking all d damning investigations on d senators to show d public that it's only to prevent their corrupt deeds he is being haunted.
Re: 18 Senators Under Probe For N367.5b Fraud by jamace(m): 10:50am On Jul 18, 2017
If one of them is ever jailed then war against corruption is won.
Re: 18 Senators Under Probe For N367.5b Fraud by kalvoken(m): 8:58am On Jul 19, 2017
All am hearing is just figure, who makes up the figure.

They couldn't point out any name, abeg

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG To Set Up Panel To Monitor COVID-19 Fund Usage / Picture Of Kano Riot (di8sturbing) / Amaechi: Buhari Won’t Spare Anyone, Even His Cabinet Members, Found Corrupt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.