Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,335 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:31 AM

Anambra Election Snares First Major Culprit - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Election Snares First Major Culprit (3352 Views)

Like Anambra's Election Ranting, Like Oba Akiolu Statements / Apc Still Leading In Anambra Election- New Results / Liveupdate On Anambra Election From The 21 Local Government-pls No Comments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra Election Snares First Major Culprit by abasifo(m): 4:12pm On Feb 04, 2010
The Anambra State command of the Nigerian Police yesterday confirmed the arrest of a politician for allegedly printing ballot papers to be used during Saturday’s governorship election in the state.

The Police Public Relations Officer of the command, Emeka Chukwu identified the arrested man as the chairman of the All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA) in Nnewi South Local Government, Jude Okwudiba.

“Yes somebody was arrested. The investigation is on-going; somebody was arrested with 200 voting cards. He is Jude Okwudiba, they said he is the APGA chairman of Nnewi South,” said Mr. Chukwu, in a telephone interview.

The Assistant Commissioner of Police in charge of the state’s Criminal Investigation Department, Mike Okoli who initially broke the news to reporters Tuesday evening, said the policemen who carried out the arrest were acting on a tip off.

The suspect was reportedly caught with 20 National Identity cards which he was using to print the ballot papers.

“He would have printed over 2000”, stated a police officer investigating the case, “but we caught him red-handed and stopped him in his tracks”.

Mr. Chukwu also confirmed that the police will be pressing charges against Mr. Okwudiba at the conclusion of its investigations.

“If somebody is arrested for committing an offence, what will the person do? There are electoral laws against him that means he will be prosecuted,” he said.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/Metro/Politics/5521899-146/anambra_election_snares_first_major_culprit.csp

Re: Anambra Election Snares First Major Culprit by slimghost(m): 5:30pm On Feb 04, 2010
grin grin grin grin grin grin

source pls?
Re: Anambra Election Snares First Major Culprit by Nobody: 8:28pm On Feb 04, 2010
I think say na PDP na him dey rig.

I have said it and will say it again. It is not enough to say a candidate should not be voted for because he is in PDP, other poliical parties are not even pretending to be better off.

We should look at what a candidate can diliver not his party.
Re: Anambra Election Snares First Major Culprit by Nobody: 9:06pm On Feb 04, 2010
I suspect a set up! A lot of paties are planning to rig the elections but APGA is not one of then . .
Re: Anambra Election Snares First Major Culprit by MrCrackles(m): 9:08pm On Feb 04, 2010
GBOSA!!
Lock up the razzclat!!! grin
Re: Anambra Election Snares First Major Culprit by Nobody: 9:21pm On Feb 04, 2010
Ujujoan:

I suspect a set up! A lot of paties are planning to rig the elections but APGA is not one of then . .

you can suspect what you like

but nobody can run a country or state on conjectures

That is what you anti-PDP folks want.
Re: Anambra Election Snares First Major Culprit by Nobody: 9:30pm On Feb 04, 2010
^oh please PDP is guilty of every name they've been called and more. Those guys are a disgrace to democracy. Saying that dosen't make me 'anti-pdp'. I'm not a politician, but I know rigging is not APGA's style.
Re: Anambra Election Snares First Major Culprit by texazzpete(m): 8:59am On Feb 05, 2010
mikeansy:

You grow increasingly more shameless in your support for PDP as the election approaches.
However, my Anti-PDP attitude is not based on any 'conjectures', but on the way and manner this corrupt and bloated mega-party has run Nigeria. The Yar'Adua saga unfolding at this very moment is a glaring example of how the PDP has taken Nigeria for a ride.
The burning ambition of any true Nigerian patriot should be to weaken PDP enough to allow a credible opposition to be able to challenge all the morally dubious calls that this party makes, that is the way to move this country forward. Until then, we'll remain fixed in this mess, held hostage by the whims of this party of egoistic thieves.

The fact that you can come here pretending to be pro-democracy, yet happily crave a situation where there is no credible opposition - that's pretty hilarious.
Re: Anambra Election Snares First Major Culprit by blacksta(m): 9:08am On Feb 05, 2010
Has the election been cancelled ?
Re: Anambra Election Snares First Major Culprit by chidichris(m): 9:33am On Feb 05, 2010

@mikeansy,
ask even the pdp members, they will tell u they have failed but things will be well as a matter of time.
even yar adua accepted fraudulent election during the 2007 election. obj admitted to failures especillay on power supply. i think u are the only nigerian both living and dead that is comfortable with the situation in nigeria as directed by your pdp.
ngige was rigged into power in anambra by pdp, andy uba was rigged into power by pdp also in anambra so now that soludo is here, tell us why and how u think pdp will not rig him into power.
Re: Anambra Election Snares First Major Culprit by anishe(m): 1:01pm On Feb 05, 2010
the picture above does not show a good picture of a police office.
they all look hungry.

that is the Nigerian Police for you.

I keep asking myself, Can these people(police) fight crime or face armed robbers.
Re: Anambra Election Snares First Major Culprit by Spyker: 2:06pm On Feb 05, 2010
anishe:

the picture above does not show a good picture of a police office.
they all look hungry.

that is the Nigerian Police for you.

I keep asking myself, Can these people(police) fight crime or face armed robbers.

OLOKPA
Re: Anambra Election Snares First Major Culprit by ud4u: 2:17pm On Feb 05, 2010
Abeg this police wey ful every where na riot dem dey riot abi na wetin? Only for Anambra election? when the whole country will be having their election that means they will invite United Nations Squad.
Re: Anambra Election Snares First Major Culprit by toyboy1(m): 2:29pm On Feb 05, 2010
PDP is not the only party in nigeria that rigs, virtually all parties do, moreso u rig where u believe you have strenght, its on this premise that i believe that the arrest of the APGA member is true,
No politican in nigeria is clean, Quote me anywhere, the only cry foul of marginalisation and all sorts when the odds do not favour them at that time in particular while claiming to be credible opposition, nonsense, Birds of the same feather, thats what they all are.
Re: Anambra Election Snares First Major Culprit by slimghost(m): 2:40pm On Feb 05, 2010
story story, source pls?
Re: Anambra Election Snares First Major Culprit by Pk001(m): 2:42pm On Feb 05, 2010
Ujujoan:

^oh please PDP is guilty of every name they've been called and more. Those guys are a disgrace to democracy. Saying that dosen't make me 'anti-pdp'. I'm not a politician, but I know rigging is not APGA's style.
The fact that you hate PDP doesnt mean that other political parties are saints and PDP is not capable of producing  good candidates. It is clear in this case that the person caught is From APGA. If that is a false allegation ,APGA should come out boldly and deny that he is not their member. The problem is not PDP but the political system. Every party tries its best to outdo the others using all possible means, legitimate and illegitimate. So dont sit here defending APGA as if you are in their inner caucus.  Not all states ruled by PDP are not gorvern well, likewise not all states ruled by AC are govern well. We should see beyond the party and support  true democracy To the fullest. From the way you are talking, i doubt if u ever voted for in an election in Nigeria. Thats the first step to start, instead of sitting here and blaming PDP for the sins of APGA!
Re: Anambra Election Snares First Major Culprit by Fhemmmy: 2:43pm On Feb 05, 2010
And what has all the cops got to do with the arrest?
is that all the people that arrested one person?
Re: Anambra Election Snares First Major Culprit by Nobody: 2:50pm On Feb 05, 2010
Fhemmmy:

And what has all the cops got to do with the arrest?
is that all the people that arrested one person?

I think that is just a picture of police officers arriving in Anambra for the election.

I think they may be at a motor park
Re: Anambra Election Snares First Major Culprit by Fhemmmy: 2:56pm On Feb 05, 2010
mikeansy:

I think that is just a picture of police officers arriving in Anambra for the election.

I think they may be at a motor park
What a joke and a waste or resources.
An election that they all know what they would do, or should i say, the cops would get their own money too and be able to drink beer and carry some ashawo. . . . .what a nonsense.
Nigeria will survive one day
Re: Anambra Election Snares First Major Culprit by jfking2005(m): 3:03pm On Feb 05, 2010
I OP say VOTER'S CARD no dey inside all these black bags with our naija Men in Black uniform shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Anambra Election Snares First Major Culprit by Nobody: 3:04pm On Feb 05, 2010
I think regardless of our prejudices we should continue to hope and give the system a chance to succeed.

That is how developed countries were built. THEY SIMPLY HOPED.  No country can work when everyone gets very cynical.
when everybody hopes for the better it guides our actions and may be people will begin to act differently.

You can blame INEC, POLICE all you like but our elections will only get better when the wider citizenry decides to participate in the process honestly, refuses to allow themselves to be used as thugs to rig the election or refuses to allow themselves to be used as financiers of thugs.

As we speak Nigerians are selling their voters card to politicians. Thats some food for thought
Re: Anambra Election Snares First Major Culprit by Nobody: 3:34pm On Feb 05, 2010
Re: Anambra Election Snares First Major Culprit by jify(f): 3:45pm On Feb 05, 2010
it's not only PDP that rigs election (altho i detest the party for all it represent) other parties do , in my area some of these parties has started their bribery ahead of 2011. hope they don't sweep this one under the carpet, there are other people printing their own ballot paper as we speak. may God help Nigeria
Re: Anambra Election Snares First Major Culprit by dustydee: 4:13pm On Feb 05, 2010
abasifo:

The Anambra State command of the Nigerian Police yesterday confirmed the arrest of a politician for allegedly printing ballot papers to be used during Saturday’s governorship election in the state.

“Yes somebody was arrested. The investigation is on-going; somebody was arrested with 200 voting cards. He is Jude Okwudiba, they said he is the APGA chairman of Nnewi South,” said Mr. Chukwu, in a telephone interview.

The suspect was reportedly caught with 20 National Identity cards which he was using to print the ballot papers[color=#990000][/color].

“He would have printed over 2000”, stated a police officer investigating the case, “but we caught him red-handed and stopped him in his tracks”.

how can you use national ID to print ballot paper?, or do they come with the voters name printed on it? which kind of police force do we even have?
Re: Anambra Election Snares First Major Culprit by talkdrum: 4:40pm On Feb 05, 2010
gbam !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what do u espect from men in black cloth.evil men. search for other dont oppress other parties.what about those ones you know will you arrest them too////.evil men.
Re: Anambra Election Snares First Major Culprit by otondo55: 5:05pm On Feb 05, 2010
These men on black(evil men)

cant fight crime,looking too hungry

Re: Anambra Election Snares First Major Culprit by sayso: 5:16pm On Feb 05, 2010
the so called Men in Black,how will so many officers recieve intel during the election,do they have the TECH in place to monitor all or just arresting any Cow & Goat they see during the Elec?
Re: Anambra Election Snares First Major Culprit by Nezan(m): 5:21pm On Feb 05, 2010
Fii - Dee - Fii!!!!

Fower zu za Feffle!!
Re: Anambra Election Snares First Major Culprit by Fhemmmy: 5:39pm On Feb 05, 2010
The man shd have hit him in the head with the 2000B.C. Camera in his hands
Re: Anambra Election Snares First Major Culprit by Nobody: 6:16pm On Feb 05, 2010
Yeee, ori mi o grin grin
The picture above plus this comment:
Fhemmmy:

The man shd have hit him in the head with the 2000B.C. Camera in his hands
got me throw office decency to the dustbin. . . with heavy laughter
Re: Anambra Election Snares First Major Culprit by chidyke77(m): 7:27pm On Feb 05, 2010
Ujujoan:

true talk

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Real Reasons The Service Chiefs Were Fired! Real Intel From The Isrealis. / Fake Universities Busted In Lagos. / Jonathan, Sovereingty, Arewa And Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.