Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,104 members, 7,953,368 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:04 PM

3 Basic Things To Have Before Getting Admission Into Nigeria Universities - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 3 Basic Things To Have Before Getting Admission Into Nigeria Universities (16219 Views)

192 JAMB Score: What Are My Chances Of Getting Admission With This UTME Score? / Nigeria Universities With The Most Employable Graduates- STUTERN 2018 Edition / Top 10 Most Competitive Courses In Nigeria Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Basic Things To Have Before Getting Admission Into Nigeria Universities by Widespread: 6:43am On Jul 18, 2017
After you have passed through the tough stages of writing JAMB and getting high grades, I congratulate you but much tougher tests await as you move into your school of admission. There are many little things that may cause you stress in the course of your registration. This items must be with you hands on prior to your admission.
1. Your local government certificate.

This is as important as writing JAMB/UTME itself because no institution of higher learning in Nigeria would accept anyone they know nothing about. This certificate tells details about your state of origin and your local government with an attestation of the Chairman of your local government or his secretary (in chairman’s absence). You don’t want to start going back home after you’ve got to school for full resumption as that will amount to stress and waste of money. So the best thing is to get it as early as possible.

2. Your original O-level results/certificate and original Jamb certificate

For those that have written O-level examination for more than two years back, you’ll have the chance to get your original results after that time, so it is advised to proceed now to their respective offices(WAEC, NECO, NABTEB e.t.c.) to claim your results (but don’t go empty handed). They have head offices in the 36 states of the federation (you can google up for the location in your own state). Also, you have to get a scratch card to print your original Jamb certificate which shows your results and date of birth. It is always coloured green and white. This would also be requested for in the course of registration in your school of admission. On the other hand, for those who just finished secondary school and got admission the same year, you’d be given a chance of producing these certificates before you graduate from the institution during screening in the penultimate year -3rd year for university i.e. 300Level. And at this time you would have the chance to get the original copy of your certificate/results.

3. Original birth certificates/ affidavit

I intentionally put this last because it is the major cause of registration stress in most higher institutions of learning. You’d be surprised that some people don’t even know their date of births and it was never documented by their parent, so they end up running up and down from court to school in order to get affidavit/ declaration of age. In some cases, some might want to increase/ decrease their age as the case may be for reasons best known to them and they start running helter sketer from class to courts, spending lots of money in the process while their mates would be in class receiving lectures, if you find yourself in this category, you should do that as soon as possible to save yourself registration ‘palava’.

One other thing that causes problems for newly admitted students in tertiary institutions is the issue of change of name or not writing names in full. The name you used in writing JAMB/UTME must NOT be different from what you have on your birth certificate , some people make the mistake of changing names while some use abbreviations. This is very wrong, for example: if your name is ADEKUNLE TAIWO BABALOLA on your birth certificate, it should read exactly the same thing on your O-Level and UTME results. Any alteration or slight difference renders one of the certificates invalid…and you’ll have to go for affidavit again.

There are some other important things to note in the course of your registration but these three are by far the most important, follow these instruction and have a successful hitch-free registration process in your school of admission.

BEST OF LUCK!

Source: www.mcmarryedu.com.ng

You can comment on what you feel to also be included.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Basic Things To Have Before Getting Admission Into Nigeria Universities by Spicy06: 6:45am On Jul 18, 2017
Okay now. What next?
Re: 3 Basic Things To Have Before Getting Admission Into Nigeria Universities by Narldon: 7:30am On Jul 18, 2017
grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Basic Things To Have Before Getting Admission Into Nigeria Universities by Nobody: 7:30am On Jul 18, 2017
This is......

TO WHOM T MAY CONCERN.
Re: 3 Basic Things To Have Before Getting Admission Into Nigeria Universities by Nobody: 7:31am On Jul 18, 2017
Ok
Re: 3 Basic Things To Have Before Getting Admission Into Nigeria Universities by princeleo2017(m): 7:31am On Jul 18, 2017
Very insightful, nice one op.
Re: 3 Basic Things To Have Before Getting Admission Into Nigeria Universities by Abbeywest(m): 7:31am On Jul 18, 2017
Tell those young dudes to have a handwork also .
Re: 3 Basic Things To Have Before Getting Admission Into Nigeria Universities by Alexbrain(m): 7:31am On Jul 18, 2017
You also need to Discover your talents and build up your skills. It will be a very productive way to tackle unemployment and become an entrepreneur.
Check out this free online book that will help you with that
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/657738
http://okadabooks.com/book/about/talent__the_bomb/12751#
Re: 3 Basic Things To Have Before Getting Admission Into Nigeria Universities by Innodon(m): 7:32am On Jul 18, 2017
Ok
Re: 3 Basic Things To Have Before Getting Admission Into Nigeria Universities by pelumi111: 7:34am On Jul 18, 2017
your acceptance letter and school fees nko??

1 Like

Re: 3 Basic Things To Have Before Getting Admission Into Nigeria Universities by Nobody: 7:35am On Jul 18, 2017
Hmm
Re: 3 Basic Things To Have Before Getting Admission Into Nigeria Universities by exco90(m): 7:37am On Jul 18, 2017
aside from your waec and neck cert.. you can forge the rest.. without no repercussion. go to your school market.. everything there...
Re: 3 Basic Things To Have Before Getting Admission Into Nigeria Universities by jericco1(m): 7:38am On Jul 18, 2017
not far from the truth. but try to be financially independent. cos that's the most important.
Re: 3 Basic Things To Have Before Getting Admission Into Nigeria Universities by sunshineV(f): 7:40am On Jul 18, 2017
How e take consain me
Re: 3 Basic Things To Have Before Getting Admission Into Nigeria Universities by Urdreamgirl(f): 7:40am On Jul 18, 2017
owo nko? abi money no dey there? am so broke like anything now.
Re: 3 Basic Things To Have Before Getting Admission Into Nigeria Universities by djbussy(m): 7:45am On Jul 18, 2017
You forget the most important of all. "Money" " owo lo fin do something ooo"
Re: 3 Basic Things To Have Before Getting Admission Into Nigeria Universities by Advent17(m): 7:49am On Jul 18, 2017
What of first school cert.....
Re: 3 Basic Things To Have Before Getting Admission Into Nigeria Universities by OluDare01(m): 7:49am On Jul 18, 2017
*Nigerian Universities*
Re: 3 Basic Things To Have Before Getting Admission Into Nigeria Universities by whizzyleejr(m): 7:52am On Jul 18, 2017
Attestation letter from church pastor or mosque cleric
Re: 3 Basic Things To Have Before Getting Admission Into Nigeria Universities by Nobody: 7:52am On Jul 18, 2017
you forgot the most important thing......YOUR BRAIN
Re: 3 Basic Things To Have Before Getting Admission Into Nigeria Universities by RobinHez(m): 7:58am On Jul 18, 2017
4. You must have a certificate showing you have stayed an extra year at home. angry

Trust me, if i was an education minister the above would be a mandate. Too many "immature" souls in the university these days, and it's so annoying.

1 Like

Re: 3 Basic Things To Have Before Getting Admission Into Nigeria Universities by ikes9(m): 7:58am On Jul 18, 2017
If I ONLY wrote GCE and jamb,can I get into UNN and read medicine
Re: 3 Basic Things To Have Before Getting Admission Into Nigeria Universities by damosky12(m): 8:16am On Jul 18, 2017
You must have a purpose for going to the University.
Re: 3 Basic Things To Have Before Getting Admission Into Nigeria Universities by dkronicle(m): 8:17am On Jul 18, 2017
rule number 1. beta know how to prepare even if its red oil rice if u re not a hustler or ur parent re not financially buoyant.

Better learn how to suppress hunger.

1 Like

Re: 3 Basic Things To Have Before Getting Admission Into Nigeria Universities by Eaugusta(f): 8:26am On Jul 18, 2017
Abbeywest:
Tell those young dudes to have a handwork also .
I was actually expecting to see that on the list

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 Basic Things To Have Before Getting Admission Into Nigeria Universities by loadedvibes: 8:30am On Jul 18, 2017
You forgot the most important thing.. you must know someone who knows someone
Re: 3 Basic Things To Have Before Getting Admission Into Nigeria Universities by Dani4tech(m): 8:33am On Jul 18, 2017
4.A source of making money even while you sleep...very important cool
Re: 3 Basic Things To Have Before Getting Admission Into Nigeria Universities by Chuukwudi(m): 8:40am On Jul 18, 2017
Ok
Re: 3 Basic Things To Have Before Getting Admission Into Nigeria Universities by MrZiggy(m): 8:55am On Jul 18, 2017
i just came to this useless anambra state liason office here in Lagos and we have been waiting here

its almost 9:00 am and the office is still under lock and key

e just weak me
Re: 3 Basic Things To Have Before Getting Admission Into Nigeria Universities by PassionateSoul(m): 9:01am On Jul 18, 2017
Lemme digress a bit. See eh, I'm looking for a girlfriend, if you're young beautiful smart and goal driven, holla me. Will be glad to hear from you

1 Like

Re: 3 Basic Things To Have Before Getting Admission Into Nigeria Universities by iamwoods(m): 9:02am On Jul 18, 2017
i believe it money abi if u eventually got the adm wetin u go use pay and do necessary things

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Has Madonna University's License Been Suspended? / Yabatech Merit List Is Here: / Corruption And Fraud : ASUU - LASU Members Pull Out Funds From Union

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.