Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,638 members, 7,813,115 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:19 AM

8 Years Old Boy, Killed His Gran After Playing Grand Theft Auto V - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / 8 Years Old Boy, Killed His Gran After Playing Grand Theft Auto V (1838 Views)

Swap Any Of These For Gran Turismo Sport / How Do I Install Grand Theft Auto Sanandreas On My Laptop Windows 10 / Latest: How To Download & Install Grand Theft Auto V On Pc And Android For Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Years Old Boy, Killed His Gran After Playing Grand Theft Auto V by younkiddo4: 7:52am On Jul 18, 2017
An eight-year-old boy intentionally shot and killed his grandmother minutes after playing the violent video game Grand Theft Auto IV, US authorities said.

the child was able to access the family's gun and shoot the 90-year-old in the head while she was watching television.

The child told investigators that he accidentally shot the woman while playing with a firearm, WAFB-TV reported.

But evidence has led investigators to believe the child intentionally shot her in the back of the head as she watched TV, it added.

"So if you have a video game where someone shoots at a target, that's sort of practising shooting at a target.

"When you have a video game that is shooting at a human being, that is practising shooting at a human being."

The child is being looked after by his parents. The authorities are treating the shooting as a "homicide".

The boy cannot be charged with a crime because of his age, the sheriff's office said.

Re: 8 Years Old Boy, Killed His Gran After Playing Grand Theft Auto V by younkiddo4: 7:53am On Jul 18, 2017
OmG
Re: 8 Years Old Boy, Killed His Gran After Playing Grand Theft Auto V by Yeligray(m): 7:59am On Jul 18, 2017
Violence everywhere... The child just practicalized what he saw
Re: 8 Years Old Boy, Killed His Gran After Playing Grand Theft Auto V by Donald246: 8:05am On Jul 18, 2017
Yeah
Re: 8 Years Old Boy, Killed His Gran After Playing Grand Theft Auto V by nrexzy: 8:13am On Jul 18, 2017
Nice..
Reason my kids would never own a console
Re: 8 Years Old Boy, Killed His Gran After Playing Grand Theft Auto V by khalhokage(m): 9:23am On Jul 18, 2017
nrexzy:
Nice..
Reason my kids would never own a console

Na so, it's the parents fault jare, GTA is rated M for mature it should never have been bought for the child.

There are lots of nonviolent, intellectually stimulating games for children to play but his parents decided to buy GTA for an 8 year old.
Re: 8 Years Old Boy, Killed His Gran After Playing Grand Theft Auto V by nrexzy: 9:25am On Jul 18, 2017
khalhokage:

Na so, it's the parents fault jare, GTA is rated M for mature it should not have been bought for the child.
Played GTA vice city back then too much violence left me a mental scare that I feel like knocking down anyone on a scooter I see grin grin

1 Like

Re: 8 Years Old Boy, Killed His Gran After Playing Grand Theft Auto V by Nobody: 11:38am On Jul 18, 2017
Hmm you've got a point,Rambo and commando influenced alot of people in the north hence terrorism,home video where ritual is always shown influenced alot of people doing ritual today.
Re: 8 Years Old Boy, Killed His Gran After Playing Grand Theft Auto V by henryobinna(m): 7:40pm On Jul 18, 2017
GTA isn't responsible for this.
Why does an 8 year old even have access to the family's gun?

1 Like

Re: 8 Years Old Boy, Killed His Gran After Playing Grand Theft Auto V by cao(f): 9:06pm On Jul 19, 2017
First and foremost this happened in 2013. Secondly, I've taken off the link to the website he was trying to advertise. Thirdly, here's an actual link to an article about the incident - http://edition.cnn.com/2013/08/25/us/louisiana-boy-kills-grandmother/index.html .

Oh and she was 87 years old not 90.
Re: 8 Years Old Boy, Killed His Gran After Playing Grand Theft Auto V by MobileGees: 11:53pm On Jul 22, 2017
younkiddo4:
OmG
khalhokage:

Na so, it's the parents fault jare, GTA is rated M for mature it should never have been bought for the child.

There are lots of nonviolent, intellectually stimulating games for children to play but his parents decided to buy GTA for an 8 year old.
nrexzy:

Played GTA vice city back then too much violence left me a mental scare that I feel like knocking down anyone on a scooter I see grin grin
justscorchone:
Hmm you've got a point,Rambo and commando influenced alot of people in the north hence terrorism,home video where ritual is always shown influenced alot of people doing ritual today.
I play GTA for 10+ hours a day i'm likely to become a gun
maniac killing everyone.... Does mean that if i play FIFA or PES all day i'll
become a football superstar
Sense fall on all of you undecided
Lalasticlala
Cao

1 Like

Re: 8 Years Old Boy, Killed His Gran After Playing Grand Theft Auto V by nrexzy: 10:25am On Jul 23, 2017
MobileGees:

I play GTA for 10+ hours a day i'm likely to become a gun
maniac killing everyone.... Does that if i play FIFA or PES all day i'll
become a football superstar
Sense fall on all of you undecided
Lalasticlala
Cao
If u dont learn anything from a simulation then heaven help u
Re: 8 Years Old Boy, Killed His Gran After Playing Grand Theft Auto V by droopyd: 11:11am On Jul 23, 2017
Like someone already pointed out, why did an 8 yr old have access to a gun? GTA V has sold over 75 million copies worldwide, if the game inspires such crimes, shouldn't we have a lot more similar cases on our hands!

It pisses me off when people rant about violence in video games/movies/tv when they don't take note of the ratings already explaining the nature of content before going ahead to watch or purchase for their kids. Being a gamer, I've had to advise several parents about which kind of games to get for their kids (it's amazing how they just buy anything as long as its a video game)
Re: 8 Years Old Boy, Killed His Gran After Playing Grand Theft Auto V by MobileGees: 8:58pm On Jul 24, 2017
nrexzy:

If u dont learn anything from a simulation then heaven help u
simulation as in?? I didn't get you

(1) (Reply)

Play Ludo Online And Earn N2000 Daily / Two Guys Stage Real Life Super Mario Bros Game - Pic + Video / Power Supply For Gaming PC - WYNTK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.