Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,106 members, 7,811,112 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:55 PM

ECOWAS Youth Council President Scamming Young Girls On Facebook? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / ECOWAS Youth Council President Scamming Young Girls On Facebook? (579 Views)

Man Proposes To 18-Year-Old Girls On Facebook, Dupes Them Of N418,000 In Anambra / Yoruba Youth Council Gives Fulani Herdsmen 7-Day Ultimatum To Leave South-West / Nigerian Sexual Predator Who Groomed Young Girls Online Is Jailed In UK. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

ECOWAS Youth Council President Scamming Young Girls On Facebook? by sleemfesh: 10:06am On Jul 18, 2017
According to a Facebook user by name Kate Bassey, One Seunfumi O Williams who says he is President of ECOWAS youth council, has been scamming people (and it appears mostly young ladies). See her post below.

ATTENTION EVERYONE!!!!! PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE COMMENTING!!! ⚠⚠

Those of you on my friend's list know that I don't jump into conclusions on any issue that arises on social media till I have reasons beyond doubt to do so.
A facebook friend in person of Seúnfúmi O. William was featured on my timeline over a month ago as the President of ECOWAS youth council to inform the public and educate youths. After that engaging session, it's natural for friends who were part of that post to send or accept friend requests to and from him.
Two weeks ago, I got a distress message from him asking for financial assistance. He even mentioned my name in the message he sent (as seen in the screenshot �) to prove its authenticity. I was broke myself so I couldn't ask him for any account details or send him any cash (truth is I suspected it might have been a hacker). The next day, I chatted him up to know if he got help (I had someone run a check on the account's hack history and it was never hacked so I wanted to genuinely help him) and he replied saying yes,he borrowed from a friend of his. So we went on as normal friends.
Then yesterday night, Vincent Deborah reached out to me with information about him asking her for money. She had concluded his account must have been hacked and was telling me because she wanted me to inform him of this development. I curiously asked for the screenshot of what he sent to her........ Lo and behold my brethren, same storyline. I was shocked!!! I still kept my cool and decided to investigate by finding out who is behind his account.
So I chatted him up. I asked for his number and called him. I spoke with him and asked if he was in Abuja as I needed him to help a friend of mine who needs letter of recommendation (this was to be sure of his location. I didn't need any recommendation for anyone). On that call, he said he was still in Osogbo. hmm I proceeded inbox to verify with the later when he sent her that message and she replied it was same yesterday. WOW right?. I then chatted him back asking for a video call via facebook (this was to be sure of whoever was behind the account). He declined it saying he was in a noisy and dark environment and asked that we have a video call today.
This afternoon, I called him via facebook and he was indeed the one that picked and spoke with me LIVE!
So no need mincing words, I chatted him straight up with what had been going on. He called my mobile number (which he saved from our call last night..... I recorded the call) to say that his account was hacked and that I'm NOT the first person telling him such. What
I then insisted that if he knew this all along, it's only reasonable that he makes a post on his wall to warn his contacts as a disclaimer. He didn't want to, so I told him that if he didn't do that in 10mins.... I would do it myself.
Here... is the interesting part, he made a post!.
I and other people commented and it was obvious more people had gotten similar message and his replies were contradicting.
Before I could reply him with a proof that his number wasn't registered on true caller, he deleted the post!!

THAT ACCOUNT HAS NEVER BEEN HACKED!!!!

This is a notice to the general public to be aware. I would not know such and be quiet.Something isn't adding up.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1280414865413992&id=100003364726740

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Iheanacho Faces Life Jail For Beating Stepson To Death / Slay Queen Allegedly Caught Stealing Cosmetics From A Supermarket In Lagos / Ex-Nigerian Footballer, John Fashanu Arrested For N9m Land Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.