Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,432 members, 7,823,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

Can I Still Make First Class With A CGPA Of 3.8? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can I Still Make First Class With A CGPA Of 3.8? (4973 Views)

I Feel Depressed With A CGPA Of 4.2+ / Meet Jane Onyinyechi Ogwo, FUTO Best Graduating Student With CGPA Of 4.9 / Meet Mbah Anita,FUTO's 2016 Overall Best Graduating Student With A CGPA Of 4.85 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Still Make First Class With A CGPA Of 3.8? by Trudiee(f): 12:08pm On Jul 18, 2017
Good afternoon people.. I'm a student in one of the Nigerian Universities in the south east.

Our results have been uploaded and I checked mine and did necessary calculations and got a GP of 3.8. I have no carry overs or D's. Lowest grades are C's.

Currently, I'm on the brink of tears considering how hard i worked and the sacrifice i put in. I feel like I could've done better.

I'm wondering if I can still get a first class with this kind of GP in my first year. Also, what can I do to make that happen?

All comments will be appreciated please, thanks.
Re: Can I Still Make First Class With A CGPA Of 3.8? by sinaj(f): 12:17pm On Jul 18, 2017
Yes u can.

Just try nd make a minimum of 4.5gp every semester till u get to final yr.

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Make First Class With A CGPA Of 3.8? by slyrone(m): 2:56pm On Jul 18, 2017
sinaj:
Yes u can.

Just try nd make a minimum of 4.5gp every semester till u get to final yr.
he needs to get above 4.5 on a average for the remainder of his shook year if he is to make first class,

3 Likes

Re: Can I Still Make First Class With A CGPA Of 3.8? by davbravo(m): 4:38pm On Jul 18, 2017
Trudiee:
Good afternoon people.. I'm a student in one of the Nigerian Universities in the south east.

Our results have been uploaded and I checked mine and did necessary calculations and got a GP of 3.8. I have no carry overs or D's. Lowest grades are C's.

Currently, I'm on the brink of tears considering how hard i worked and the sacrifice i put in. I feel like I could've done better.

I'm wondering if I can still get a first class with this kind of GP in my first year. Also, what can I do to make that happen?

All comments will be appreciated please, thanks.
It's still very possible. For every semester always try to target a GP of 5.0 and not a 4.50 ,which means getting an A in all courses, so even if you don't get 5.0 you'll end up getting something close to it.... but make sure it's not below a 4.7....

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Make First Class With A CGPA Of 3.8? by sinaj(f): 4:42pm On Jul 18, 2017
slyrone:
he needs to get above 4.5 on a average for the remainder of his shook year if he is to make first class,
It depends on the method his schl or dept. will use in calculating the total cgp.

Coz some department use best 120 unit hereby eliminating the courses he didn't perform well in.
Re: Can I Still Make First Class With A CGPA Of 3.8? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jul 18, 2017
I remember my first year in school too, first semester result came out and my CGPA was 3.86, I was devastated. My dream of making a 1st class looks like.. ... . well, it's going to end up being just a dream. I doubled my reading in the second semester and result improved - 4.03 CGPA. Wow!

Fast forward to the end of 400 level, I eventually graduated with flying colours. I still till today curse the day I met Amaka with that her big boobs on campus, she was the reason I eventually graduated with a 3rd class. angry

LastMumu

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Still Make First Class With A CGPA Of 3.8? by oldfoolnigger(m): 5:45pm On Jul 18, 2017
LastMumu:
I remember my first year in school too, first semester result came out and my CGPA was 3.86, I was devastated. My dream of making a 1st class looks like.. ... . well, it's going to end up being just a dream. I doubled my reading in the second semester and result improved - 4.03 CGPA. Wow!

Fast forward to the end of 400 level, I eventually graduated with flying colours. I still till today curse the day I met Amaka with that her big boobs on campus, she was the reason I eventually graduated with a 3rd class. angry
Hahaha.

ur problem is a problem oo

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Make First Class With A CGPA Of 3.8? by damdam995(m): 6:22pm On Jul 18, 2017
LastMumu:

hahaha

Re: Can I Still Make First Class With A CGPA Of 3.8? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jul 18, 2017
LastMumu:

lmao her body must have been a summer body loading.... thats exactly what David I and olamide where singing grin
Re: Can I Still Make First Class With A CGPA Of 3.8? by RedDistrict: 6:46pm On Jul 18, 2017
you can if u hit 4.8 to 5 points in your remainig semesters,

or u do well enough and come out with your 2.1 jeje. na still same job tests u and the first class ppl go write for jobs.

welldone and all the best
Re: Can I Still Make First Class With A CGPA Of 3.8? by djlawex02(m): 7:37pm On Jul 18, 2017
LastMumu:

continue feeding us lies

Re: Can I Still Make First Class With A CGPA Of 3.8? by kdon0000: 9:08pm On Jul 18, 2017
I think there was a very similar thread of this nature last week. Check it out.
Re: Can I Still Make First Class With A CGPA Of 3.8? by slyrone(m): 9:37pm On Jul 18, 2017
sinaj:
It depends on the method his schl or dept. will use in calculating the total cgp.

Coz some department use best 120 unit hereby eliminating the courses he didn't perform well in.
I never knew this before now. you just sensitized me, thank you
Re: Can I Still Make First Class With A CGPA Of 3.8? by sinaj(f): 3:01pm On Jul 19, 2017
slyrone:
I never knew this before now. you just sensitized me, thank you
u is welcoming
Re: Can I Still Make First Class With A CGPA Of 3.8? by LordPherule(m): 4:20pm On Jul 19, 2017
You can still make it, the sun out can still dry wet cloth
Re: Can I Still Make First Class With A CGPA Of 3.8? by OKANGPRECIOUS(m): 4:28pm On Jul 19, 2017
This is how hope of first class just dashed off when I saw my CGPA of 4.08 with just 4 semesters left
Re: Can I Still Make First Class With A CGPA Of 3.8? by Trudiee(f): 6:25pm On Jul 19, 2017
wow thank you everyone. I really appreciate the support. I have about 6 semesters left. with God, I'll get to those lengths

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Still Make First Class With A CGPA Of 3.8? by Trudiee(f): 6:27pm On Jul 19, 2017
Thank you everybody
Re: Can I Still Make First Class With A CGPA Of 3.8? by Realday: 5:00pm On May 12, 2020
What's your CGPA now?
���

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Is Jupeb? / 2024/2025 WAEC Registration Form, Fee, Deadline And Guidelines / 5 Famous Women Who Never Got Married

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.