Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,664 members, 7,959,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 09:09 AM

Egyptian Coach Shehata Snubs Nigeria - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Egyptian Coach Shehata Snubs Nigeria (670 Views)

Enyeama Snubs Nigeria, Oliseh Downplays Captain's Withdrawal from Tanzania clash / What A Shame! Sammy Ameobi Snubs Nigeria For England / Peter Taylor Snubs Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Egyptian Coach Shehata Snubs Nigeria by Wislet(f): 9:00pm On Feb 04, 2010
Record-breaking Egypt coach Hassan Shehata has turned his back on Nigeria to further his dream of leading the Pharoahs to the 2014 World Cup in Brazil. According to Goal on Wednesday, the 60-year-old has signed a four-year contract extension with the Egyptian Football Association, meaning he has been given another chance to help the North African country qualify for the World Cup.
Shehata, who led the Pharoahs to their third successive Nations Cup triumph in Angola on Sunday, claimed on Monday he had been been approached by the Nigerian Football Federation, which is believed to be in the hunt for a replacement for coach Shaibu Amodu.
''They (NFF officials) expressed interest in hiring me to take charge during the World Cup'', Shehata told TV station Modern Sport.
''It will be a great honour for me to work (at) the World Cup. But the Egyptian FA will have the final word on whether I could work with Nigeria on a temporary basis''.
With the opportunity to engage the Egyptian gone, the NFF has been left with the option of hiring Mozambique coach Mart Nooij or Zambian manager Henre Renard, who have also been linked with the Super Eagles job.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20100204319490
Re: Egyptian Coach Shehata Snubs Nigeria by snowdrops(m): 9:30pm On Feb 04, 2010
That is called loyalty.
I respect him for that.
Not swayed by personal ambition or the love for money.

(1) (Reply)

Brazil Vs Ireland / Peter Utaka Do Hang / Bonus Credit On Deposit For World Cup Matches.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.