Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,809 members, 7,862,679 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 11:02 PM

LAGOS To Connect Ikorodu With Lagos-ibadan Expressway - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LAGOS To Connect Ikorodu With Lagos-ibadan Expressway (16949 Views)

Shehu Musa Yar'adua Opens The Lagos-Ibadan Expressway In 1978 / Sanwo-Olu And Femi Hamzat Pose With Lagos State House Of Assembly Members / I Created Sahara Reporters With My Sweat, Tinubu Created TVC With Lagos Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LAGOS To Connect Ikorodu With Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Nobody: 9:46am On Jul 19, 2017
Good development.

1 Like

Re: LAGOS To Connect Ikorodu With Lagos-ibadan Expressway by davit: 9:49am On Jul 19, 2017
tripoli007:

Lagos state has done the road from ayobo to the bridge at iyana ayetoro,I think someone just need to tell amosun to be responsible and do the Ogun part of that road..
Amosun is such an irresponsible governor. His only concern is Abeokuta as far as infrastructure development is concerned. I can't wait to have him out of office.

2 Likes

Re: LAGOS To Connect Ikorodu With Lagos-ibadan Expressway by wristbangle: 9:51am On Jul 19, 2017
Good move Mr. Ambode.

However sir, Kindly pay attention to some of the major roads getting bad in Lagos due to the recent rainfall
Re: LAGOS To Connect Ikorodu With Lagos-ibadan Expressway by igwedaboss(m): 10:01am On Jul 19, 2017
OluchiDelly:
Good one. It will ease the traffic congestion on lkorodu-ketu corridor.
But the one that requires urgent attention is the ikorodu - shagamu corridor, the road is the 2nd busiest (after lagos - Ibadan road) and also the worst inter state road in Lagos state. It's the gateway to East /West road, and to the northern part of the country, a federal road though.
That's the job of the Ogun state government. But it's actually the federal government road, nonetheless, the state can still work on it while the federal government pays later like the way Lagos does. They fix a federal government road, and they get paid later. But government officials outside of Lagos state, I don't know how they think Sha.
Re: LAGOS To Connect Ikorodu With Lagos-ibadan Expressway by gateleo(m): 10:02am On Jul 19, 2017
tripoli007:

Lagos state has done the road from ayobo to the bridge at iyana ayetoro,I think someone just need to tell amosun to be responsible and do the Ogun part of that road..

ok... Amosun should please do the needful....
Re: LAGOS To Connect Ikorodu With Lagos-ibadan Expressway by INTEGRITYA1(m): 10:04am On Jul 19, 2017
gateleo:
Nice one Mr Governor....please remember Ipaja Ayobo link road to Sango Ota...if this road is open up today....it will ease traffic along Abule Egba Abeokuta axis....

I have a plot of land to sell in Ayobo, not too far from Deeper life University, it has governor's consent and the claim is subject to Inspection and verification. #6m.
Re: LAGOS To Connect Ikorodu With Lagos-ibadan Expressway by igwedaboss(m): 10:05am On Jul 19, 2017
dominique:
Hope this doesn't go up in smoke like 4th mainland bridge.
The 4th mainland bridge will still come. It's a matter of time. They awarded the contract out last year, but these companies refused to kickoff on the project, and because the Lagos state government is an active one, they disbanded the contractors. Now they drawing a better solution to the contract that will see the next contractors work ASAP.

2 Likes

Re: LAGOS To Connect Ikorodu With Lagos-ibadan Expressway by adeoba2008(m): 10:07am On Jul 19, 2017
Na Hi Tech dey reign for Lagos now. ISOK
Re: LAGOS To Connect Ikorodu With Lagos-ibadan Expressway by tete7000(m): 10:12am On Jul 19, 2017
Jabioro:
With all these infrastructures, honestly it is a point to retained APC in Lagos state.. Ambode had yet to err on development matters. I missed my way last two weeks ago at Epe..

My problem with Nigerian governors is that they don't do much in their second tenure in office. Maybe they should just be allowed to have one term and then be voted out.
Re: LAGOS To Connect Ikorodu With Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Abudu2000(m): 10:16am On Jul 19, 2017
Useless governor, always putting the cart before tje horse....iba has no light now for over 3months straight because of the corrupt officials you installed as the phcn officials.. keep embezzling fund covering up with roads, just like oshiomhole did....

Thunder fall on u until you do the right thing

1 Like

Re: LAGOS To Connect Ikorodu With Lagos-ibadan Expressway by wristbangle: 10:19am On Jul 19, 2017
davit:
Amosun is such an irresponsible governor. His only concern is Abeokuta as far as infrastructure development is concerned. I can't wait to have him out of office.

I think of recent, he has began to impress people because places like Ijebu Ode, Ijoko and Akute are also been faced in terms of road construction.

A lot needs to be done especially Agbara Atan, Papalanto-sagamu, Sagamu-ogijo-Ikorodu, papalanto-Ilaro and others I can't mention.

1 Like

Re: LAGOS To Connect Ikorodu With Lagos-ibadan Expressway by otokx(m): 10:21am On Jul 19, 2017
There appears to be a lot of propaganda with regards to development in Lagos state.

1 Like

Re: LAGOS To Connect Ikorodu With Lagos-ibadan Expressway by lharstborn(m): 10:28am On Jul 19, 2017
gateleo:
r.

The Managing Director of Hitech Nigeria Limited, the contractor handling the project, Mr. Evan Becker, said the project would include four pedestrian bridges at strategic locations.

http://punchng.com/lasg-to-connect-ikorodu-with-lagos-ibadan-expressway/

HITECH ke?.. that construction firm executes it's projects at snail speed..i would have preferred CRANEBURG, They deliver their projects on time such as the Abule Egba bridge and that of Ajah, the company is also doing a marvellous job in Epe.
Re: LAGOS To Connect Ikorodu With Lagos-ibadan Expressway by salesforce: 10:29am On Jul 19, 2017
Good
Re: LAGOS To Connect Ikorodu With Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Jabioro: 10:33am On Jul 19, 2017
tete7000:

My problem with Nigerian governors is that they don't do much in their second tenure in office. Maybe they should just be allowed to have one term and then be voted out.
Hmmmm! Another critical area to look into.. you are on point my dear brother..

1 Like

Re: LAGOS To Connect Ikorodu With Lagos-ibadan Expressway by 9jatatafo(m): 10:38am On Jul 19, 2017
Lagos-Shagamu road needs to be fixed as the road is almost a death trap
Re: LAGOS To Connect Ikorodu With Lagos-ibadan Expressway by opeaceo: 11:06am On Jul 19, 2017
wristbangle:

I think of recent, he has began to impress people because places like Ijebu Ode, Ijoko and Akute are also been faced in terms of road construction.

A lot needs to be done especially Agbara Atan, Papalanto-sagamu, Sagamu-ogijo-Ikorodu, papalanto-Ilaro and others I can't mention.

Road construction in Ijebu? I doubt that. Before any road construction, their Secretariat ( which looks like a haunted environment) and the hospital needs a face lift. Very terrible place to be in! Its baffling those structures can be found in Ijebu.
Re: LAGOS To Connect Ikorodu With Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Housing(m): 11:07am On Jul 19, 2017
When done Ambode 4th Mainland Bridge ti wo ke se.

You promised 4th Mainland bridge, you stylishly cancelled. 2019 is close-by
Re: LAGOS To Connect Ikorodu With Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Nobody: 11:27am On Jul 19, 2017
tripoli007:

Living faith is going to do that part.
Re: LAGOS To Connect Ikorodu With Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Basfaq(m): 11:41am On Jul 19, 2017
OluchiDelly:
Good one. It will ease the traffic congestion on lkorodu-ketu corridor.
But the one that requires urgent attention is the ikorodu - shagamu corridor, the road is the 2nd busiest (after lagos - Ibadan road) and also the worst inter state road in Lagos state. It's the gateway to East /West road, and to the northern part of the country, a federal road though.
It's inclusive, the road was mentioned in the passage.
Re: LAGOS To Connect Ikorodu With Lagos-ibadan Expressway by wristbangle: 11:43am On Jul 19, 2017
opeaceo:

Road construction in Ijebu? I doubt that. Before any road construction, their Secretariat ( which looks like a haunted environment) and the hospital needs a face lift. Very terrible place to be in! Its baffling those structures can be found in Ijebu.

Ibadan road is under rehabilitation at the moment. If u go to Ijebu Ode, u will see workers at work.

The secretariat and Hospital is a far cry from 17th century building let alone 21st... sad

1 Like

Re: LAGOS To Connect Ikorodu With Lagos-ibadan Expressway by ba7man(m): 11:46am On Jul 19, 2017
Abudu2000:
Useless governor, always putting the cart before tje horse....iba has no light now for over 3months straight because of the corrupt officials you installed as the phcn officials.. keep embezzling fund covering up with roads, just like oshiomhole did....

I never knew Ambode was responsible for the recruitment of PHCN officials. undecided

Mumu.

2 Likes

Re: LAGOS To Connect Ikorodu With Lagos-ibadan Expressway by thunderbabs: 12:28pm On Jul 19, 2017
When Lagos State is the only APC functioning government. All others are imitations undecided
Re: LAGOS To Connect Ikorodu With Lagos-ibadan Expressway by riches4me(m): 1:12pm On Jul 19, 2017
Jabioro:
With all these infrastructures, honestly it is a point to retained APC in Lagos state.. Ambode had yet to err on development matters. I missed my way last two weeks ago at Epe..
@ where in epe? I did 6 years @ lasu epe some years back n I'm planning to visit there soon.
Re: LAGOS To Connect Ikorodu With Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Jabioro: 1:30pm On Jul 19, 2017
riches4me:

@ where in epe? I did 6 years @ lasu epe some years back n I'm planning to visit there soon.
Epe had change completely, the new roads, street light and demolition old building that paved way for development will confuse you. His administration do the positive touches in Epe.
Re: LAGOS To Connect Ikorodu With Lagos-ibadan Expressway by almujahidy: 2:21pm On Jul 19, 2017
A good plan indeed. The Lagos State government shouldn't ignore the deteriorated Ikorodu Lagos-Shagamu road. It's been quite a long time the road has remained in that condition and becoming worse. I believe they're​ aware of the difficulties plying that road.
Re: LAGOS To Connect Ikorodu With Lagos-ibadan Expressway by OracleE(m): 3:07pm On Jul 19, 2017
ba7man:
I never knew Ambode was responsible for the recruitment of PHCN officials. undecided

Mumu.

Some people just don't know that both federal and states have their own jurisdiction.

Electricity in Nigeria as at now is still being run by the FG, hopefully LASG would pioneer better power services.

1 Like

Re: LAGOS To Connect Ikorodu With Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Josmila(m): 3:40pm On Jul 19, 2017
opeaceo:
All this is just media hogwash. This would take ages to construct, we've been here before. The roads from the agric axis down to isawo and its likes is terribly bad, it needs repair.

Re: LAGOS To Connect Ikorodu With Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Josmila(m): 3:41pm On Jul 19, 2017
opeaceo:
All this is just media hogwash. This would take ages to construct, we've been here before. The roads from the agric axis down to isawo and its likes is terribly bad, it needs repair.

Trash talk
Re: LAGOS To Connect Ikorodu With Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Josmila(m): 3:44pm On Jul 19, 2017
otokx:
There appears to be a lot of propaganda with regards to development in Lagos state.

Disappear from threads that concern Lagos especially you're not a Lagosian.
Re: LAGOS To Connect Ikorodu With Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Josmila(m): 3:47pm On Jul 19, 2017
Abudu2000:

Reading this post made my brain pain me. I apologise to my brain for subjecting it to such write up
Re: LAGOS To Connect Ikorodu With Lagos-ibadan Expressway by sshalom(m): 5:08pm On Jul 19, 2017
gateleo:
Nice one Mr Governor....please remember Ipaja Ayobo link road to Sango Ota...if this road is open up today....it will ease traffic along Abule Egba Abeokuta axis....

Simply one of the most important road that should be constructed as soon as possible.

Meanwhile , the Ikorodu - Arepo link road is a good initiative.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Minimum Wage: Pay Workers Their Demand, Shehu Sani Tells Governors / Nigerians Protest In London "Buhari Stop The Bloodshed In Rivers State" / Imo CP, Nasiru Mohammed Failed To Request MOPOL, Military Reinforcement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.