Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,819 members, 7,806,299 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:21 PM

Help..help...engine Oil Change.... - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help..help...engine Oil Change.... (958 Views)

Please Help!!! Engine Belt Number For Honda Civic 2007 / 10 Symptoms That Your Car Needs An Oil Change / Help!!! Engine Cranks But Dies Of Immediately. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help..help...engine Oil Change.... by arcis: 2:45pm On Jul 19, 2017
My people,

I have a toyota Camry 1998 V6 with 160K mileage....Please which engine oil should i use in servicing the engine.

My Mechanic said i should buy Mobil XHP,,

Please help......
Re: Help..help...engine Oil Change.... by nurey(m): 2:52pm On Jul 19, 2017
When you open your bonnet, you will notice a black cover, written on it is the engine oil weight and technicals eg 5W30 API/SN. That is what the manufacture (the person wey spend money to do the car) specify.

Mobil one xhp is 20w50, which is not recommended.

Your engine is 1MZFE same as mine go and buy confirm synthetic oil weight (5w30) and enjoy your life though extremely expensive but the feel after years Chai.

I was doing 60km/h when I saw this range Rover showing himself on the road, I decided to do "kick down" you just need to feel the power, 160km/h in 5secs

I have been using 5w40 since I bought the car and I change oil 8000km or 6months,spens around 12k on 5L oil and 1500 on filter, I service car myself I no dey gree grease kazeem hand
Re: Help..help...engine Oil Change.... by arcis: 3:02pm On Jul 19, 2017
nurey:
When you open your bonnet, you will notice a black cover, written on it is the engine oil weight and technicals eg 5W30 API/SN. That is what the manufacture (the person wey spend money to do the car) specify.

Mobil one xhp is 20w50, which is not recommended.

Your engine is 1MZFE same as mine go and buy confirm synthetic oil weight (5w30) and enjoy your life though extremely expensive but the feel after years Chai.

I was doing 60km/h when I saw this range Rover showing himself on the road, I decided to do "kick down" you just need to feel the power, 160km/h in 5secs

I have been using 5w40 since I bought the car and I change oil 8000km or 6months,spens around 12k on 5L oil and 1500 on filter, I service car myself I no dey gree grease kazeem hand

thanks for your comment, Please can you list names of synthetic oil weight (5w30) e.g Mobil, Oando, Total etc and where to buy them? with prices..

Lastly, you said you have been using 5w40 since you bought the car, why using it since the recommended oil is 5w30?

Thank you.
Re: Help..help...engine Oil Change.... by arcis: 3:09pm On Jul 19, 2017
help.....
Re: Help..help...engine Oil Change.... by arcis: 3:22pm On Jul 19, 2017
Re: Help..help...engine Oil Change.... by nurey(m): 3:39pm On Jul 19, 2017
arcis:

thanks for your comment, Please can you list names of synthetic oil weight (5w30) e.g Mobil, Oando, Total etc and where to buy them? with prices..

Lastly, you said you have been using 5w40 since you bought the car, why using it since the recommended oil is 5w30?

Thank you.

Just walk into the fueling stations and ask for their full synthetic if they have, they would tell you the price. You will see the oil weight as 5w30, they don't keep them on the shelf outside it's always inside the store.

The figure after the W doesn't matter much, it's the figure before the W that is the koko but don't use 0w20 or 5w20 for your engine because of the year and mileage that car would have raked in.

We have trusted oil sellers here in Lagos talk to cc GAZZUZZ and autopartz here on nairaland they will sell you quality recommended oil.
Re: Help..help...engine Oil Change.... by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:44pm On Jul 19, 2017
arcis:
My people,

I have a toyota Camry 1998 V6 with 160K mileage....Please which engine oil should i use in servicing the engine.

My Mechanic said i should buy Mobil XHP,,

Please help......

according to your budget.

The 5w30 will serve. Click link

https://www.nairaland.com/3893647/castro-gtx-ultraclean-5w30-made

https://www.nairaland.com/3924736/back-again-mobil1-5w30-advanced

Re: Help..help...engine Oil Change.... by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jul 19, 2017
I recommend M1 over Castrol.

I won't use Castrol even in my lawnmower.

(1) (Reply)

Help!!! Remove Engine Oil Stains. / 2008 Toyota Camry / You Can Work As A Car Manager/supervisor Enter Here ...urgent Employment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.