Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,591 members, 7,809,145 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:13 AM

My Questions On Biafra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Questions On Biafra (511 Views)

Jonathan Disowns Online Comments On Biafra And Niger Delta / Uche Azikiwe Contradicts IPOB On Biafra / Frequently Asked Questions on The Released Chibok Girls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Questions On Biafra by oieda: 2:54pm On Jul 19, 2017
So I recently saw a Nairaland post about MASSOB requesting all Igbo people in the North to return to the east in August, 2017, in time for the October deadline given by the Arewa youth. Igbos in the North were urged to return for safety reasons. Igbo wives were asked to begin to urge their husbands to return.

All these raised a lot of thoughts within me.

First of all, let me categorically state that with regard the Biafra issue, my statements have put me on the fence.

I am also a Nigerian and my state of origin is Nigeria. If you try to make a guess of my state of origin, you have automatically put yourself in a situation where you are hugging transformer. So, here goes my thoughts:

- is MASSOB preparing accommodation and jobs for their Igbo brethren to come and take up? As in where are they leaving the North to go to live exactly? They should come and sleep outside? Or come and open business to compete with their brothers?

- Okay, their wives who should compel their husbands, how about their non-igbo husbands? Are they welcomed to Biafra, especially if they are Northerners. . .

- Is there are clear, open, publicly state plan for the Republic of Biafra? Where is a constitution, nature of government, 5 year plan of rule, who will become president if Biafra becomes a state? Kanu? For how long? Underwhat type of government?

- How will the state generate revenue? How will there relationship with neighboring countries be? Countries like Nigeria that they are currently calling a Zoo; a statement no other country in the world has uttered, is it given them proper inter-country relationships?

- Are non-igbos welcomed to join the return band-wagon to the east in August, or even the agitation? Will non-igbos in the east be sent away and/or marginalised now and if the state of Biafra actualised?

- I shall add more as they come . . .

My thoughts. . .

UPDATE
I do not mean to raise an hateful ideas here but no one is answering any of my questions from the comments below, apart from "when we get there we will figure it out". I am not asking the people who are moving to answer me how they will work it out. I am asking if anyone has any reference to what the current probiafra and MASSOB leaders have hinted on saying concerning these.
Igbos will survive, no matter the situation and environment, no problem. But the people asking you to leave, what have they said concerning these thoughts.
Re: My Questions On Biafra by ESDKING: 2:57pm On Jul 19, 2017
I would have answered your questions if you are igbo.
But I won't. I will only advice you ...

_To think of how you can survive without Igbos.
-How Nig will generate income after secession
- How to avoid what happened in Ilorin to repeat in other Yoruba lands.
-How to generate money to wage war against boko haram because the money Nig will use to buy arms and ammunitions won't be there again.

You have a lot of things to worry about my dear.
Because, it's obvious there would be perpetual wailing, cries, and agony in Nigeria after break up.. I am saying because I am very sure of that.

If Igbos can get to where they are with just 20 pounds, there is nothing that will be difficult for them to surmount.
_

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Questions On Biafra by ExpensiveG: 2:58pm On Jul 19, 2017
I always think bcuz

A positive person anticipates happiness, health and success, and believes he or she can overcome any obstacle and difficulty.

*****IrepBIAFRA

Re: My Questions On Biafra by lastcall: 3:03pm On Jul 19, 2017
:
Re: My Questions On Biafra by JideAmuGiaka: 3:05pm On Jul 19, 2017
This is why AFONJA people don't go into serious business. They don't think on what to gain but only what they stand to lose. No wonder from Alaba int'l to Ladipo and Aspamda you hardly see them doing business.

Biafrans survived the war and you are here asking stupid question.

2 Likes

Re: My Questions On Biafra by Joshuasaintiago: 3:06pm On Jul 19, 2017
?;"
Re: My Questions On Biafra by simplyhonest(m): 3:14pm On Jul 19, 2017
don't worry... when the time comes, things will take shape
Re: My Questions On Biafra by Ogalanyachieze: 3:28pm On Jul 19, 2017
We did it for three years before we can do it again oieda

(1) (Reply)

CONE President Orders For The Immediate Sack Of Lai Mohammed / PHOTO: Saraki Supports #nottooyoungtorun Bill / Democratic Governance In Nigeria Under The Buhari Change Mantra (2015-2017)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.