Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,515 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

Evasive And Time Wasting Techniques By Christians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Evasive And Time Wasting Techniques By Christians (687 Views)

Daddy Freeze: Proverbs, Psalms Not Written By Christians, Not Good For Doctrine / Evasive And Time Wasting Techniques By Christians / Major Mistake Made By Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Evasive And Time Wasting Techniques By Christians by Martinez19(m): 3:07pm On Jul 19, 2017
It is not a new thing when christians are defeated in an argument or debate. It is usually common. One thing I have noticed is that almost at the point of christians realising that they are in error, they resort to evasion by bringing up pointless argument, threat and insults (if possible). All of these do not contribute anything to the argument at hand.

THREATS AND INTIMIDATION
When christians are obviously defeated and have nothing to say or contribute further, they escape arguments with threats like "..... hmm, I pity you repent before it's too late." as if it contributes to the argument. Other threats and intimidation include "....may you not realise the truth on the day of judgment.", "... do not increase the wrath of God. " Oga o.

INSULT
Suppose the non-christian who defeated the christian in the were to be a poor man or a begger, they would skip the argument with ".... see who is speaking against God. no wonder your life is like this.", ".... you see your life. You better come to Jesus to fix it. No wonder it is like this. " smh.

VAGUE REPLY AND POINTLESS REPLY
A man was addressing the question "why won't God heal amputees?" and he replied "... there is a man who can preach to people despite the fact that he was born without limbs. So you see, God can use you where you are and what ever your condition is." *facepalms*. He gave a vague answer. When a topic attacks the existence of God, some on nairaland reply with "another useless topic.", "this one is frustrated.","my brother, believe me God is real." etc. these replies usually have nothing to do with the argument.

IGNORING THE ARGUMENT
This happens on nairaland a lot. When you open a thread with sound arguments that would shake any faith, christians view it and ignore it. One or two that reply utilise any of the aforementioned points.

KingEbukasBlog, hopefulLandlord, HardMirror, catfishbilly, analice107, otemanuduno, Johnydon22, etc.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Evasive And Time Wasting Techniques By Christians by Challspace(m): 3:28pm On Jul 19, 2017
Delusional lot cheesy

Here are their most popular responses:

Who are you to question God?
God works in mysterious ways
Its a mystery
God has a purpose for everything
The ways of God are not the ways of men

Feel free to add yours.
Re: Evasive And Time Wasting Techniques By Christians by Martinez19(m): 3:32pm On Jul 19, 2017
Challspace:
Delusional lot cheesy

Here are their most popular responses:

Feel free to add yours.
God can do as he likes. This one dey weak me pass.
Re: Evasive And Time Wasting Techniques By Christians by Challspace(m): 3:44pm On Jul 19, 2017
Martinez19:
God can do as he likes. This one dey weak me pass.

grin I swear!
Re: Evasive And Time Wasting Techniques By Christians by Amberon11: 4:00pm On Jul 19, 2017
Hypocrites. Like y'all aren't the same ones who curse God and turn around to say he is inexistent. Doesn't that reek of mental disorder?

Oh, and what else do y'all do? Post memes against religion when you have nothing to say? Lol
Re: Evasive And Time Wasting Techniques By Christians by Challspace(m): 4:11pm On Jul 19, 2017
Amberon11:
Hypocrites. Like y'all aren't the same ones who curse God and turn around to say he is inexistent. Doesn't that reek of mental disorder?

Oh, and what else do y'all do? Post memes against religion when you have nothing to say? Lol

It is you who has mental disorder. The lol at the end of your post proves it. We (Atheists) don't bother with cursing your nonexistent god. We are only trying to snap you out of your delusion.
Re: Evasive And Time Wasting Techniques By Christians by Amberon11: 6:02am On Jul 20, 2017
Let's say 2.2 billion people are insane and the few non religious Ines are sane. That's like having more mad people than sane ones. To you that's logical right. Well atheism in itself is a delusion so try curing your ignorance first.
Challspace:

It is you who has mental disorder. The lol at the end of your post proves it. We (Atheists) don't bother with cursing your nonexistent god. We are only trying to snap you out of your delusion.
Re: Evasive And Time Wasting Techniques By Christians by ScepticalPyrrho: 7:19am On Jul 20, 2017
Amberon11:
Let's say 2.2 billion people are insane and the few non religious Ines are sane. That's like having more mad people than sane ones. To you that's logical right. Well atheism in itself is a delusion so try curing your ignorance first.
^ ^
Argumentum ad Populum.

Op, please add this to your list.
Re: Evasive And Time Wasting Techniques By Christians by avaa(m): 7:28am On Jul 20, 2017
Amberon11:

Wetin this bros dey talk sef. What does consensus have to do with anything? Is this democracy where the highest number wins? Some thousands of years ago, majority of the world populace thought the earth was flat and that stars were tiny dots in the sky. Even though almost everyone believed, did that make them right? Ehn Oga? Abi you sef think say the earth dey flat?

1 Like

Re: Evasive And Time Wasting Techniques By Christians by Martinez19(m): 7:49am On Jul 20, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:

^ ^
Argumentum ad Populum.

Op, please add this to your list.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Evasive And Time Wasting Techniques By Christians by frank317: 8:00am On Jul 20, 2017
Whenever spacetacular starts correcting your English, know that she has been defeated
Re: Evasive And Time Wasting Techniques By Christians by dammylarey(m): 8:15am On Jul 20, 2017
2 Timothy 2:14
Remind the believers of these things, charging them before God to avoid quarreling over words; this is in no way profitable, and leads its listeners to ruin.
Martinez19:
It is not a new thing when christians are defeated in an argument or debate. It is usually common. One thing I have noticed is that almost at the point of christians realising that they are in error, they resort to evasion by bringing up pointless argument, threat and insults (if possible). All of these do not contribute anything to the argument at hand.

THREATS AND INTIMIDATION
When christians are obviously defeated and have nothing to say or contribute further, they escape arguments with threats like "..... hmm, I pity you repent before it's too late." as if it contributes to the argument. Other threats and intimidation include "....may you not realise the truth on the day of judgment.", "... do not increase the wrath of God. " Oga o.

INSULT
Suppose the non-christian who defeated the christian in the were to be a poor man or a begger, they would skip the argument with ".... see who is speaking against God. no wonder your life is like this.", ".... you see your life. You better come to Jesus to fix it. No wonder it is like this. " smh.

VAGUE REPLY AND POINTLESS REPLY
A man was addressing the question "why won't God heal amputees?" and he replied "... there is a man who can preach to people despite the fact that he was born without limbs. So you see, God can use you where you are and what ever your condition is." *facepalms*. He gave a vague answer. When a topic attacks the existence of God, some on nairaland reply with "another useless topic.", "this one is frustrated.","my brother, believe me God is real." etc. these replies usually have nothing to do with the argument.

IGNORING THE ARGUMENT
This happens on nairaland a lot. When you open a thread with sound arguments that would shake any faith, christians view it and ignore it. One or two that reply utilise any of the aforementioned points.

KingEbukasBlog, hopefulLandlord, HardMirror, catfishbilly, analice107, otemanuduno, Johnydon22, etc.
Re: Evasive And Time Wasting Techniques By Christians by Martinez19(m): 8:33am On Jul 20, 2017
frank317:
Whenever spacetacular starts correcting your English, know that she has been defeated
that falls under vague reply and pointless reply.
Re: Evasive And Time Wasting Techniques By Christians by frank317: 8:35am On Jul 20, 2017
Another time wasting technique is saying you can only Understand God/Bible with spiritual eyes. Meanwhile person way de claim spiritual is as ordinary as every other human, husling, answering sir to another fellow human just to make ends meet.
Re: Evasive And Time Wasting Techniques By Christians by frank317: 8:39am On Jul 20, 2017
Amberon11:

If I think God really exists do you think I will curse him? Cursing your God idea like he is real is the only way to prove to you he does no exist. But instead of your none existent God to come and slap me for insulting him, you will be in your room getting all frustrated for him.
Re: Evasive And Time Wasting Techniques By Christians by Martinez19(m): 9:13am On Jul 20, 2017
dammylarey:
2 Timothy 2:14
Remind the believers of these things, charging them before God to avoid quarreling over words; this is in no way profitable, and leads its listeners to ruin.
mtewwwwwww. 1 Peter 3:15 says " sanctify the Lord in your heart and be ready to give an answer to every man who asketh you a reason for the hope that is in you, yet with meekness and fear.
Re: Evasive And Time Wasting Techniques By Christians by Challspace(m): 10:14am On Jul 20, 2017
Amberon11:

Let me make a parallel comparison to your statement below:

Let's say 2.2 billion people are insane and the few non religious Ines are sane. That's like having more mad people than sane ones. To you that's logical right.

Buhari had a lot more Nigerians (including you I'm sure) voting for him at the last elections in 2015. Do the numbers make the decision a logically right one considering his age and health status?

What we've seen in all our years as humans is that numbers do not necessarily make a decision or a belief correct. God was an idea used to explain the supposedly inexplicable issues humanity encountered in its infancy. Now we have grown and we know better. Why a bunch of god sympathizers remain intent on halting our progress just beats me undecided

Well atheism in itself is a delusion so try curing your ignorance first.

This is the definition of "delusion":

delusion
dɪˈluːʒ(ə)n/
noun
an idiosyncratic belief or impression maintained despite being contradicted by reality or rational argument, typically as a symptom of mental disorder.
"the delusion of being watched"

And look! That italicized example applies to you lot... grin
Re: Evasive And Time Wasting Techniques By Christians by Martinez19(m): 11:05am On Jul 20, 2017
Challspace:

Let me make a parallel comparison to your statement below:

Buhari had a lot more Nigerians (including you I'm sure) voting for him at the last elections in 2015. Do the numbers make the decision a logically right one considering his age and health status?

What we've seen in all our years as humans is that numbers do not necessarily make a decision or a belief correct. God was an idea used to explain the supposedly inexplicable issues humanity encountered in its infancy. Now we have grown and we know better. Why a bunch of god sympathizers remain intent on halting our progress just beats me undecided

This is the definition of "delusion":

And look! That italicized example applies to you lot... grin
why some people just decide to hang to their delusion of God despite evidences that it's a fabrication is what I can't understand.
Re: Evasive And Time Wasting Techniques By Christians by Challspace(m): 11:26am On Jul 20, 2017
Martinez19:
why some people just decide to hang to their delusion of God despite evidences that it's a fabrication is what I can't understand.

Death my brother. Death is why they hang on to this idea of god. They believe that after they die, there's a something for them after. The truth is I wouldn't have any problem with religion if all it teaches is that life continues after death but my problem with religion and their gods is the nuisance they pose to our daily endeavors. By trying to explain everything with their god, they're seriously holding us back and the world would be a much better place without their doctrines.
Re: Evasive And Time Wasting Techniques By Christians by slimtoney(m): 12:17pm On Jul 20, 2017
A faith laden with gigantic fraud, founded on the slab of deception, with secret but now open tendency to emotionally hypnotize a large number of people for the sole end of financial and material gain. cry

It has assumed a position of a business empire that it sales reps now utilize all sorts of unethical and immoral marketing strategies to confront and fight to a stand still any threat to its share of market, hence every other faiths not aligning with this its dream of maintaining the number one spot should be demonize and if possible kicked out completely.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Should A Christian Use Horoscope And Zodiac Signs? / Creationism :our World Was Populated By One Incestuous Family / Is It Ok To Use Your Phone's Bible App Instead Of Your Bible In Church??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.