Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,628 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:10 PM

How Broilers Are Produced - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How Broilers Are Produced (1268 Views)

4 Weeks Old Broilers Are Sale In Ibadan / Wonder Why Your Broilers Are Not Converting Well... / See How Palm Oil Is Produced (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Broilers Are Produced by ELECTCHIBU(m): 3:43pm On Jul 19, 2017
Pls o, I am very confused, i have never seen Broilers that lay eggs, yet i always see their a day old chicks. Please how do this broilers actually produce? Pls help o!
Re: How Broilers Are Produced by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jul 19, 2017
ELECTCHIBU:
Pls o, I am very confused, i have never seen Broilers that lay eggs, yet i always see their a day old chicks. Please how do this broilers actually produce? Pls help o!

I found this helpful,

Broiler breeders are chickens kept for producing eggs for hatching broilers. Both males and females are kept together in free run barns. There are often different breed lines for the males and the females, and there is an optimum ratio of them (which I don’t know right now).

There must be layer breeders too, because you need fertilized eggs to raise new layers
https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-difference-between-layers-and-broilers-on-a-poultry-farm

The eggs are fertilized by raising them with afew cocks. The hatching is done in bulk by a machine that keeps them at the right temperature.
Re: How Broilers Are Produced by ELECTCHIBU(m): 3:54pm On Jul 19, 2017
Muafrika2:

The eggs are fertilized by raising them with afew cocks. The hatching is done in bulk by a machine that keeps them at the right temperature.
you mean they(broilers) lay eggs?
Re: How Broilers Are Produced by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jul 19, 2017
ELECTCHIBU:
you mean they(broilers) lay eggs?
I've modified grin ^^
Re: How Broilers Are Produced by ELECTCHIBU(m): 7:35am On Jul 20, 2017
Muafrika2:
I've modified grin ^^
really, it confuses me o
Re: How Broilers Are Produced by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jul 20, 2017
ELECTCHIBU:
really, it confuses me o
Layers are a different breed from broilers. And they are usually a mix of both male and females. If you want to reproduce breeders, there are special female breeders that lay such eggs smiley .
Re: How Broilers Are Produced by ELECTCHIBU(m): 9:43am On Jul 21, 2017
Muafrika2:

Layers are a different breed from broilers. And they are usually a mix of both male and females. If you want to reproduce breeders, there are special female breeders that lay such eggs smiley .
That lay eggs that hatch to broilers?
Re: How Broilers Are Produced by Nobody: 11:57am On Jul 21, 2017
ELECTCHIBU:
That lay eggs that hatch to broilers?
Exactly,
Re: How Broilers Are Produced by Opukelala: 12:15pm On Jul 21, 2017
broilers lay eggs, I have broiler that lays egg, this only happen when they are above six months old

(1) (Reply)

How To Grow Tomatoes. / A Call To Nigerians: Please Let's Start Up More Businesses In 2018 / Irrigation Driptapes 2000m, 1500m, 1400m Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.