Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,808 members, 7,810,106 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:52 PM

See How Palm Oil Is Produced (Photos) - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / See How Palm Oil Is Produced (Photos) (38836 Views)

Palm Oil Is Now N6500! / Flower Tree Produced In Woman Shapes (photos / Ever Wonder How Palm Oil Is Made? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

See How Palm Oil Is Produced (Photos) by bumi10(m): 10:54am On Apr 23, 2017
It is very easy to "talk the talk" and not "walk the talk" especially in this part of the world and to be specific, in Nigeria. We always talk about Agro business and we do little or no impart to develop the sector and most of our Agro food and production are still done in the olden ways (akaic ways).

When are we going to mechanize our farming? I have seen many places and people that produces this palm oil and what my eye saw is a sight that is not pleasant to see. So palm oil is still produced like in the olden days. I don't even want to talk about how some other things are being produced but palm oil? That we consume everyday?

It is indeed pathetic. See more pics below and share your thoughts.

more @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2017/04/did-you-know-this-is-how-palm-oil-you.html

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced (Photos) by anibi9674: 10:58am On Apr 23, 2017
no comment.

8 Likes

Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced (Photos) by bjt(m): 10:58am On Apr 23, 2017
shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced (Photos) by LionDeLeo: 10:58am On Apr 23, 2017
I doubt. What's the meaning of that?

1 Like

Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced (Photos) by ExpiredNigeria: 11:00am On Apr 23, 2017
Lol small scale industry

1 Like

Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced (Photos) by thesicilian: 11:01am On Apr 23, 2017
Not everyone does it this way, I have had the opportunity of participating in the process before so I can boldly say it is a very hygienic process.
Not even sure these ones above are Nigerians.

121 Likes 4 Shares

Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced (Photos) by Aonkuuse(m): 11:23am On Apr 23, 2017
Wow Anyway It Is, Atleast For The Past 25 Years I Have Been Taking Palm Oil Without Any Hygienous Infects So I Don't Care, Well Do You Mind Going To A Local Bread Factory To See How It Is Produced? Before I Can Say Anything Further Just Visit One And Let Me Know, It Is Worst Than This

70 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced (Photos) by londoner: 11:25am On Apr 23, 2017
We should do better but we are talking about villagers. Although there are palm oil processing plants and factories in Nigeria.Some use smaller grinding machines too.

In some parts of the world they tread grapes with bare feet to make wine. Both practices are traditional and unsanitary but the practices still survive.

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced (Photos) by Sunnynwa: 11:26am On Apr 23, 2017
LionDeLeo:
I doubt. What's the meaning of that?

That's true. Some communities still practise this.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced (Photos) by successmatters(m): 11:27am On Apr 23, 2017
thesicilian:
Not everyone does it this way, I have had the opportunity of participating in the process before so I can boldly say it is a very hygienic process.
Not even sure these ones above are Nigerians.

Lia Mohammed. Show your own pictures.

3 Likes

Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced (Photos) by Partnerbiz(f): 11:36am On Apr 23, 2017
If you start looking at how some stuffs are produced, you will never take them.

See below

12 Likes

Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced (Photos) by BlackDBagba: 11:36am On Apr 23, 2017
Sorry but the one 'I' use is made at home. In my very before.

Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced (Photos) by Nobody: 11:38am On Apr 23, 2017
What's the big deal? They make grape juice this way.

1 Like

Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced (Photos) by perfectchoice(f): 11:41am On Apr 23, 2017
Yes, it is processed that way. But remember that after that matching, it undergoes heating/cooking which purifies any conterminations.
Really there is no poor hygiene they, just people matching the nuts with their legs. Its a mechanical process.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced (Photos) by meezynetwork(m): 11:43am On Apr 23, 2017
B4 nkor. It will be heated and then any germs or microbes will be killed

2 Likes

Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced (Photos) by jeffdenis: 11:51am On Apr 23, 2017
you are very right my broda.
Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced (Photos) by thesicilian: 11:56am On Apr 23, 2017
successmatters:

Lia Mohammed. Show your own pictures.
Haha. That was very long ago na, in the late 80s or early 90s.
Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced (Photos) by EmeeNaka: 1:05pm On Apr 23, 2017
Nonsense!
This is not how Palm oil are produced in East. I produce palm oil.
Op should state where palm oil is produced this way for clarification purpose.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced (Photos) by Nobody: 1:23pm On Apr 23, 2017
What is this shit! Abeg I am seeing this for the first time. This is not how palm oil is produced in my home town. I can see why buyers always prefer our palm oil and karnels to those produced in other places. If you are looking for clean and good palm oil and karnels, visit these towns in Anambra and Imo states- Lilu and Orsu-ihiteukwa . Most towns in Anambra state produce good palm oil but the one produced in these towns are clean, natural and undiluted. Thank me later.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced (Photos) by londoner: 1:24pm On Apr 23, 2017
EmeeNaka:
Nonsense!
This is not how Palm oil are produced in East. I produce palm oil.
Op should state where palm oil is produced this way for clarification purpose.

It is in Ekiti State but it makes no difference it is still Nigeria and maybe it was produced like this at some point in some parts of Igboland too. I know they also use pestle and mortar in SE also where they don't have grinding machines.

6 Likes

Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced (Photos) by jieta: 1:49pm On Apr 23, 2017
Coolitempq:
Op that is not how red oil is produced in Nigeria and if indeed, any part of the federation produces red oil like that then it will be Afonjas that is why their oil smells and stinks like shit to the highest heaven, Afonjas need to be stopped from making anything edible in this life, cause all their edibles are indeed irritating and a eyesore they eat the back of plantain and back of banana and the back of yams like goats, and this is after they have soaked it in dirty mud water for days and when it decays and starts to smell like a decomposing corpse the prepare it as amala and start to swallow it. That's why their brain cells are decomposed too, they even do same for moi moi, I think UN needs to call Afonja to order before we have another plague, epidemic or humanitarian crisis in Africa.

Did I also mention that the same broom that they use to sweep their babies poo and their market gutters are the same broom they use to prepare their famous Afonja ewedu soup
my brother we are all Nigerian whether afonja or not we are one.

9 Likes

Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced (Photos) by londoner: 1:54pm On Apr 23, 2017
jieta:

Thank you .This tribalism nonsense has to stop.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced (Photos) by Coolitempq: 1:55pm On Apr 23, 2017
jieta:
my brother I agree but please tell your brothers to stop preaching hate and wishing evil to befall their beloved brothers and neighbors East of the niger.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How Palm Oil Is Produced (Photos) by aljharem(m): 2:04pm On Apr 23, 2017
Coolitempq:
afonja is now issuing ultimatum on nairaland grin

My Afonja brother stop crying... Oga di nma tongue

A beg Amu maka biko. Lol grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rotimi Williams, The Owner Of 2nd Largest Rice Farm In Nigeria / 12 Cattle Die In Kogi While Grazing / A Bad Day With Fulani Herdsmen(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.