Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,545 members, 7,823,393 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

The Biafrans Are Not And Have Never Been "Indigenous People." - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Biafrans Are Not And Have Never Been "Indigenous People." (4221 Views)

What Biafrans Are ₦doing To Ndi Aba And No One Is Talking [pictures] / Isaac Adaka Boro And The Biafrans Blame Game - Oke Nathaniel Atori / Even The Biafrans Have Risen Against You' Shekau Mocks Buhari, Army In New Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Biafrans Are Not And Have Never Been "Indigenous People." by MalcoImX: 5:14pm On Jul 19, 2017
The right to self-determination is a right recognized by natural law and nearly all international conventions and entities. But it is not right for certain groups to lay claim to what they're not in order to exercise this mandate. The 'Indigenous' People of Biafra ('I'POB) is the worst case in this misapplication.
//
Some would say being indigenous means being native to a place. But this is being literal, and by this definition, all tribes in Nigeria, or anywhere else could lay claim to being indigenous people. The Movement for the Actualization of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB), as the choice of words show has clearly avoided this hole as against Nnamdi Kanu's 'I'ndigenous' People of Biafra ('I'POB).
//
It is very insensitive to the suffering of the indigenous people of the world for the Biafrans (or any Igbo) to use their plights to secure their political ambitions. In fact, it is very wicked and fraudulent The Biafrans are not, and have not been classified under any international conventions or by the indigenous peoples of the world as "indigenous people."
//
The Biafrans therefore, and by extension any Igbo, cannot lay claim to being "indigenous people." The indigenous people will be such like the Pygmies of central Africa; the Australian Aborigines; the Yanomami and other tribes of the Brazilian Amazon; the Chactows, the Cherokees, Tomahawks, the Mohicans, the Nebraskans, the Idahoans, the Sioux and all other native American Indians. They are mostly subjugated, threatened, and with subsistent, underdeveloped economies. They usually are protected and cared for by national and international organizations because of their vulnerabilities. In fact, this has to be, because they may face extinction if left to their own resources. It is selfishness and fraudulent for the Igbo, with well-developed economies (at least by Third World standards) to lay claims to this status. It is a mockery and insensitivity of the highest order for the Nigerian Igbo to even aspire to such. The only people in Nigeria that come close to such are the Ogonis, or any other to be discovered whose economy will be just about that of hunting and gathering.
//
Below is a list of Indigenous Peoples of Africa, as compiled by reputable researchers and institutions. The Igbos are not there, and it is clear fraud to appropriate the term.
//
Acholi: Uganda
Afar: Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia
Agaw: Ethiopia
Akisho: Ethiopia
Anuak: Ethiopia
Beja: Eritrea
Berta: Ethiopia
Bilen: Eritrea
Borana: Ethiopia
Daasanach: Ethiopia
Alur: Uganda
Ambo: Zambia
Ankole: Uganda
Antalote: Comoros
Aushi: Zambia
Aweer: Kenya
Babongo: Gabon
Baganda: Uganda
Bahima/Ankole: Uganda, Rwanda
Bagisu: Uganda
Bagwere: Uganda
Bakiga: Uganda
Bakonjo: Uganda
Basoga: Uganda
Batoro: Uganda
Bemba: Zambia
Betsileo: Madagascar
Bisa: Zambia
Bunyoro: Uganda
Cafre: Comoros
Chagga: Tanzania
Chewa: Malawi
Chikunda: Zambia
Chokwe: Mozambique, Zambia
Chopi: Mozambique
Cishinga: Zambia
Gova: Zambia
Hadzabe: Tanzania
Haya: Tanzania
Hehe: Tanzania
Hutu: Burundi, Rwanda
Ila: Zambia
Inamwanga: Zambia
Iteso: Uganda
Iwa: Zambia
Jopadhola: Uganda
Kabende: Zambia
Kalenjin: Kenya
Kamba: Kenya
Kaonde: Zambia
Karamojong: Uganda
Kikuyu: Kenya
Kisii: Kenya
Kosa: Zambia
Kunda: Zambia
Kwandi: Zambia
Kwandu: Zambia
Kwangwa: Zambia
Lala: Zambia
Lamba: Zambia
Lango: Uganda
Lenje: Zambia
Leya: Zambia
Lima: Zambia
Liyuwa: Zambia
Lomwe: Malawi
Lozi: Zambia
Luano: Zambia
Lucazi: Zambia
Lugbara: Uganda
Luhya: Kenya
Lumbu: Zambia
Lunda: Zambia
Lundwe: Zambia
Lungu: Zambia
Luo: Kenya, Tanzania
Luvale: Zambia
Luunda: Zambia
Maasai: Kenya and Tanzania
Makoa: Comoros
Makoma: Zambia
Makonde: Mozambique
Makua: Mozambique
Mambwe: Zambia
Manyika: Mozambique
Mashasha: Zambia
Mashi: Zambia
Mbowe: Zambia
Mbukushu: Zambia
Mbumi: Zambia
Mbunda: Zambia
Mbwela: Zambia
Merina: Madagascar
Meru: Kenya
Mukulu: Zambia
Mulonga: Zambia
Munyoyaya: Kenya
Ndau: Mozambique
Ndembu: Zambia
Ng'umbo: Zambia
Ngonde: Malawi
Ngoni: Malawi
Nguni: Mozambique
Nkoya: Zambia
Nsenga: Zambia
Nyakyusa: Tanzania
Nyamwezi: Tanzania
Nyanja: Malawi, Zambia
Nyengo: Zambia
Nyiha: Zambia
Ogiek: Kenya
Oimatsaha: Comoros
Pare: Tanzania
Rundi: Uganda
Rwanda: Uganda
Sakalava: Comoros
Seba: Zambia
Sena: Malawi, Mozambique
Senga: Zambia
Sengwer: Kenya
Shangana: Mozambique
Shanjo: Zambia
Shila: Zambia
Shona: Mozambique
Simaa: Zambia
Soli: Zambia
Subiya: Zambia
Sukuma: Tanzania
Swaka: Zambia
Swahili: East Africa & bordering regions
Tabwa: Zambia
Tambo: Zambia
Toka: Zambia
Totela: Zambia
Tumbuka: Malawi, Zambia
Tonga: Malawi, Mozambique, Zambia
Tutsi: Burundi, Rwanda
Twa (Pygmy): Congo & bordering regions
Unga: Zambia
Wandya: Zambia
Watha: Kenya
Yao: Malawi, Mozambique
Yiaku/Yaaku: Kenya
Yombe: Zambia
Zulu: South Africa & bordering regions
Dorze: Ethiopia
Gumuz: Ethiopia
Gurage: Ethiopia
Hamar: Ethiopia
Hedareb: Eritrea
Jeberti: Ethiopia
Kichepo: Ethiopia
Kunama: Eritrea
Me'en: Ethiopia
Mursi: Ethiopia
Nara: Eritrea
Nuer: Ethiopia
Nyangatom: Ethiopia
Oromo: Ethiopia
Qemant: Ethiopia
Rashaida: Eritrea
Rer Bare: Ethiopia
Saho: Eritrea
Shanqella: Ethiopia
Sidama: Ethiopia
Silt'e: Ethiopia & bordering regions
Suri: Ethiopia
Tigre: Eritrea
Tigray (Tigrinya): Ethiopia & ordering regions
Welayta: Ethiopia
Zay: Ethiopia
Berber (Amazigh): Maghreb & bordering regions
Dinka: South Sudan
Egyptians: (Egypt)
Haratin: Morocco, Mauritania
Nuba: Sudan
Nubians: Egypt, Sudan
Nuer: South Sudan
Shilluk: South Sudan
Bushmen: Kalahari & bordering regions
Khoikhoi: South Africa
Namaqua: South Africa
Baka: Congo & bordering regions
Balengue: Equatorial Guinea
Benga: Equatorial Guinea
Bubi people: Bioko Island, Eq. Guinea
Bujeba: Equatorial Guinea
Combe or Ndowe: Eq. Guinea
Duala people: Cameroon
Beti-Pahuin/Fang: Eq. Guinea
Ogoni people: Nigeria
Serer: Senegal & bordering regions
Tuareg: the Sahel
Toubou: southern Sahara
//
This fraudulent initiative only goes further to prove the scam associated with anything Kanu. The word "indigenous" in 'I'POB is a deliberate misuse to hoodwink the gullible into recruiting and expansion of Kanu's criminal enterprise. Kanu's lack of remorse and inability to make amends will contiguously inflict upon him human and natural haunts, especially by the ancestors and ghosts of the Indigenous people. These people being physically and spiritually close to nature have the most potent ghosts, spirits, shamans, Voodoos. Only a being blocked from friendly admonishings will ride on the back of their sufferings.
//
PHOTOS
1. An indigenous woman: Ethiopia
2. Native American: USA
3. The Yanomami: Brazil
4. Kanawua: Indonesia

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Biafrans Are Not And Have Never Been "Indigenous People." by CltrAltDel: 5:17pm On Jul 19, 2017
Bros....watch out as you will be labeled an Afojaaaaaaaaa.... we know these guys are Bantu Immigrants they just refuse to accept the truth grin grin grin

Go here to read the truth
https://www.nairaland.com/3858834/igbos-really-come-nigeria-old

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5679535_img1444_jpegb5238894a20dbe4563186e057e832d79

5 Likes

Re: The Biafrans Are Not And Have Never Been "Indigenous People." by optional1(f): 5:26pm On Jul 19, 2017
all this write up for biafra

I didn't read oh..

13 Likes

Re: The Biafrans Are Not And Have Never Been "Indigenous People." by optional1(f): 5:27pm On Jul 19, 2017
CltrAltDel:
Bros....watch out as you will be labeled an Afojaaaaaaaaa.... we know these guys are Bantu Immigrants they just refuse to accept the truth grin grin grin

https://www.nairaland.com/3858834/igbos-really-come-nigeria-old

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5679535_img1444_jpegb5238894a20dbe4563186e057e832d79

answer is D @memes

1 Like

Re: The Biafrans Are Not And Have Never Been "Indigenous People." by alcmene: 5:42pm On Jul 19, 2017
Wet blankets.....
Re: The Biafrans Are Not And Have Never Been "Indigenous People." by BiafraBushBoy(m): 5:46pm On Jul 19, 2017
Let me profile the Op.

Name: Ratak Awolowo

STATE OF ORIGIN: OLD OYO

State of residence: Ogbomosho IDP Camp

POPULAR CHANT: "We South South People"

Biggest Fear: Actualization of Biafra

Reason: Unity Beggars.

My Name is Bush, and I work with the BIA (Biafra Intelligent Agency)

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Biafrans Are Not And Have Never Been "Indigenous People." by conductor001: 5:50pm On Jul 19, 2017
[s]
CltrAltDel:

http://www.nairaland.co/3858834/igbos-really-come-nigeria-old

[img]http://www.nairaland.co/attachments/5679535_img1444_jpegb5238894a20dbe4563186e057e832d79[/img]
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: The Biafrans Are Not And Have Never Been "Indigenous People." by MalcoImX: 5:51pm On Jul 19, 2017

Re: The Biafrans Are Not And Have Never Been "Indigenous People." by CltrAltDel: 5:52pm On Jul 19, 2017

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Biafrans Are Not And Have Never Been "Indigenous People." by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jul 19, 2017
Bloody AfonjA

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Biafrans Are Not And Have Never Been "Indigenous People." by conductor001: 5:54pm On Jul 19, 2017
[s]
CltrAltDel:

I dont discuss with conductors.....Call your driver. grin grin grin

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments4137000_capture1_jpegb1ff00360a9015ca7795717777a84460[/img]
[/s]
Then call otu mma gi let me discuss with it. smiley

7 Likes

Re: The Biafrans Are Not And Have Never Been "Indigenous People." by Arda1000(m): 5:57pm On Jul 19, 2017
The igbos have never claimed to be indigenous,ipob or any other pro biafra group can use any name they like

2 Likes

Re: The Biafrans Are Not And Have Never Been "Indigenous People." by ezeagu(m): 6:03pm On Jul 19, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:
Let me profile the Op.

Rubbish, either engage intellectually, or your reply is pointless, you have lost. Try again.

2 Likes

Re: The Biafrans Are Not And Have Never Been "Indigenous People." by MalcoImX: 6:04pm On Jul 19, 2017
Indigenous People 1. The Nenets: Russia 2. The Aborigines: Australia

Re: The Biafrans Are Not And Have Never Been "Indigenous People." by ezeagu(m): 6:05pm On Jul 19, 2017
MalcoImX:
The right to self-determination is a right recognized by natural law and nearly all international conventions and entities. But it is not right for certain groups lay claim to what they're not in order to exercise this mandate. The 'Indigenous' People of Biafra ('I'POB) is the worst case in this misapplication.

You're using indigenous as the international law, however by definition of indigenous, meaning nobody there before or in any recent time, the term applies to Igbo people

2 Likes

Re: The Biafrans Are Not And Have Never Been "Indigenous People." by dudebuck: 6:09pm On Jul 19, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:
Let me profile the Op.
Gbam

1 Like

Re: The Biafrans Are Not And Have Never Been "Indigenous People." by MalcoImX: 6:09pm On Jul 19, 2017
Arda1000:
The igbos have never claimed to be indigenous,ipob or any other pro biafra group can use any name they like
It's nothing but fraud and insensitivity for Kanu or any other not being an "indigenous" person to have used the plight of downtrodden people for their political ambitions.
Re: The Biafrans Are Not And Have Never Been "Indigenous People." by MalcoImX: 6:12pm On Jul 19, 2017
ezeagu:

You're using indigenous as the international law, however by definition of indigenous, meaning nobody there before or in any recent time, the term applies to Igbo people
Then what makes the Yoruba, Hausa, Igbira, Idoma, Kanuri, etc. not being indigenous?
Re: The Biafrans Are Not And Have Never Been "Indigenous People." by Arda1000(m): 6:14pm On Jul 19, 2017
MalcoImX:
It's nothing but fraud and insensitivity for Kanu or any other not being an "indigenous" person to have used the plight of downtrodden people for their political ambitions.
i would have agreed but ipob is a recognized group locally and internationally with thousands of fellowers around the world, so kip cam

1 Like

Re: The Biafrans Are Not And Have Never Been "Indigenous People." by BiafraBushBoy(m): 6:18pm On Jul 19, 2017
ezeagu:

Rubbish, either engage intellectually, or your reply is pointless, you have lost. Try again.

engage intellectually with you??

I'll rather masturbate.

3 Likes

Re: The Biafrans Are Not And Have Never Been "Indigenous People." by Ojiofor: 6:20pm On Jul 19, 2017
This Biafra agitation eme biela otutu ndi madu isi ha na apu zi ara. grin

5 Likes

Re: The Biafrans Are Not And Have Never Been "Indigenous People." by ezeagu(m): 6:22pm On Jul 19, 2017
MalcoImX:
Then what makes the Yoruba, Hausa, Igbira, Idoma, Kanuri, etc. not being indigenous?

I wasn't aware that IPOB was saying they aren't indigenous.

5 Likes

Re: The Biafrans Are Not And Have Never Been "Indigenous People." by Arda1000(m): 6:23pm On Jul 19, 2017
Ojiofor:
This Biafra agitation eme biela otutu ndi madu isi ha na apu zi ara. grin
ezi uka, imakwa na ndi ona echu ura bu so aja
Re: The Biafrans Are Not And Have Never Been "Indigenous People." by ezeagu(m): 6:23pm On Jul 19, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:

engage intellectually with you??

I'll rather masturbate.

Stop imitating people on nairaland, use your brain, you can do better.

1 Like

Re: The Biafrans Are Not And Have Never Been "Indigenous People." by PointB: 6:26pm On Jul 19, 2017
A man knows what he is!
Re: The Biafrans Are Not And Have Never Been "Indigenous People." by Ejanla07: 6:27pm On Jul 19, 2017
another of my oduduwatic ewedu brother on d loose

8 Likes

Re: The Biafrans Are Not And Have Never Been "Indigenous People." by BiafraBushBoy(m): 6:28pm On Jul 19, 2017
ezeagu:

Stop imitating people on nairaland, use your brain, you can do better.

You've had my attention enough.

STAY COOL

#Piss.
Re: The Biafrans Are Not And Have Never Been "Indigenous People." by Ojiofor: 6:31pm On Jul 19, 2017
Arda1000:

Ezi okwu nwanne nwa mgbe nta ha ga gbara oto puo ahia.Shettima onye isi Arewa youths bu onye isi ndi ara ahu.
Re: The Biafrans Are Not And Have Never Been "Indigenous People." by MalcoImX: 6:32pm On Jul 19, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:
Let me profile the Op.

You are as wrong as the 'I' in 'I'POB. It's with no wonder that such low level intelligence was what led to KANU being nabbed in a hotel room, with an unidentified woman.
Re: The Biafrans Are Not And Have Never Been "Indigenous People." by Danzakidakura(m): 6:32pm On Jul 19, 2017
Arda1000:
ndi ofenmanu abugi mmadu, habu ndi anya ufu mana Igbo kaha
Re: The Biafrans Are Not And Have Never Been "Indigenous People." by MalcoImX: 6:34pm On Jul 19, 2017
ezeagu:

I wasn't aware that IPOB was saying they aren't indigenous.
Not aware!!!! Why would you be mischievous just because Kanu is?
Re: The Biafrans Are Not And Have Never Been "Indigenous People." by BiafraBushBoy(m): 6:37pm On Jul 19, 2017
MalcoImX:
You are as wrong as the 'I' in 'I'POB. It's with no wonder that such low level intelligence was what led to KANU being nabbed in a hotel room, with an unidentified woman.

K.

You should be more concerned about how your Lord and Persona Saviour is faring at London, than some group of hardened people who has said no to the unholy Union between A and a.

You understand? Lol

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See What Onnoghen, The Suspended CJN Is Going Through / The Shortest Route To Restructuring Of Nigeria / Tinubu Recorded Another Scanty Rally In Yobe(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.