Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,044 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

Please Advise - Reliable Internet Provider For Home Use - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Please Advise - Reliable Internet Provider For Home Use (787 Views)

Which Is The Best Internet Modem For Home Use In Nigeria? / Best Internet Provider For Upload / Zain : A Thieving Internet Provider (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advise - Reliable Internet Provider For Home Use by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:10pm On Feb 05, 2010
I know this kind of request has littered NLSpace since 2005 but all i see people saying their option is the best and they can vouch for them. on the basis of this i have tried out and recommended several ISPs suggested on Nairaland with regrettable results.

Here are the ones I recommended for use Corporate and Home use with regrettable consequences

1: Accelon (Corporate) - Poor link speeds, false claims to available bandwidth/speeds and upgrade- scam (you upgrade and very little happens)
2: 21st Century (Corporate) - Inconsistent performance, quality slowly degrades over time and they blame the client for viruses or p2p programs (thereby putting your job at risk and making you look incompetent)
3: Hyperia (Corporate) - Inconsistent performance, quality slowly degrades over time and they blame the client for viruses or p2p programs (thereby putting your job at risk and making you look incompetent)
4: Linkserve (Home) - Poor link speeds, false claims to available bandwidth/speeds and upgrade- scam (you upgrade and very little happens)
5: Emperiom- Inconsistent performance, quality slowly degrades over time and they blame the client for viruses or p2p programs (thereby putting your job at risk and making you look incompetent)
6: Netcom VSAT (Corporate) - Expensive for the quality they give you and poor technical support/poor customer service and the performance slowly degrades as they ask you to upgrade to get better performance (not that you have more computers than when you started)
7: MTN (home) just too horrible to even consider (128/128 or 256/256) is all a big fat lie. NCC should look into ISPs that lie about what they can deliver
8: COBRANET (home) the Navini option used to be manageable, then they came with the UGO modems, now quality is all flushing down the toilet.

Please people, give me a recommendation because my competence is being called to question simply because ISPs lie about what they can deliver.

Please suggest internet provide for home use or else One Big Oga will recommend my Sack grin
Re: Please Advise - Reliable Internet Provider For Home Use by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 5:37pm On Feb 08, 2010
what is their address or website and do they cover the Ikoyi area

Thanks
Re: Please Advise - Reliable Internet Provider For Home Use by Horus(m): 5:19am On Feb 09, 2010
lagerwhenindoubt:

I know this kind of request has littered NLSpace since 2005 but all i see people saying their option is the best and they can vouch for them. on the basis of this i have tried out and recommended several ISPs suggested on Nairaland with regrettable results.

Here are the ones I recommended for use Corporate and Home use with regrettable consequences

1: Accelon (Corporate) - Poor link speeds, false claims to available bandwidth/speeds and upgrade- scam (you upgrade and very little happens)
2: 21st Century (Corporate) - Inconsistent performance, quality slowly degrades over time and they blame the client for viruses or p2p programs (thereby putting your job at risk and making you look incompetent)
3: Hyperia (Corporate) - Inconsistent performance, quality slowly degrades over time and they blame the client for viruses or p2p programs (thereby putting your job at risk and making you look incompetent)
4: Linkserve (Home) - Poor link speeds, false claims to available bandwidth/speeds and upgrade- scam (you upgrade and very little happens)
5: Emperiom- Inconsistent performance, quality slowly degrades over time and they blame the client for viruses or p2p programs (thereby putting your job at risk and making you look incompetent)
6: Netcom VSAT (Corporate) - Expensive for the quality they give you and poor technical support/poor customer service and the performance slowly degrades as they ask you to upgrade to get better performance (not that you have more computers than when you started)
7: MTN (home) just too horrible to even consider (128/128 or 256/256) is all a big fat lie. NCC should look into ISPs that lie about what they can deliver
8: COBRANET (home) the Navini option used to be manageable, then they came with the UGO modems, now quality is all flushing down the toilet.

Please people, give me a recommendation because my competence is being called to question simply because ISPs lie about what they can deliver.

Please suggest internet provide for home use or else One Big Oga will recommend my Sack grin

The important issues to consider are: cost; performance; support; general tips; and how to lodge a complaint against an ISP. If we have a complaint against an ISP we should find out about nformations about how to lodge a complaint.
Re: Please Advise - Reliable Internet Provider For Home Use by Rsconcept: 7:06pm On Feb 09, 2010
You can use new IZap EVDO broadband from Starcooms. It is very good and fast enough. But I will advice you to get the corporate Account with them. With this, you are sure you will pay less subscription money whenever you are reloading.

You can call for your Corporate Izap from Starcooms on 07038179107,017652706.

Regards

(1) (Reply)

Unlock Pc Softwares To Licensed! Come In To Get Ya Software Registered. / Glo Laptop Offer / I Need Help On The Configuration Of My Indian Web Proxy 3.2 And 3.2.1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.