Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

Uniport Students Cry About "No School Fees / No Result /repeat A Session Policy - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Uniport Students Cry About "No School Fees / No Result /repeat A Session Policy (23365 Views)

ASUU Strike: Students Cry Out, Curse ASUU / KWASU Students Cry Out Against Extortion By School / AAU Imposes "No School Fees, No Lecture" On Student (SUG React) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uniport Students Cry About "No School Fees / No Result /repeat A Session Policy by Captain6(m): 7:40pm On Jul 20, 2017
Ehya! I feel for these guys.
Re: Uniport Students Cry About "No School Fees / No Result /repeat A Session Policy by Captain6(m): 7:50pm On Jul 20, 2017
Zita55:

Wetin dis one dey yan so??

If you know Uniport very well, you wont have the guts to spew rubbish!!

This useless VC came in with nonsense policy.... Ohh!! Even after April 7th palava, him still no wan change....

God bless Ajienka!! Best VC, so far!!

Unique Uniport indeed!!

Ndi ara angry
It was April 11 rather. I hope you aren't a victim of the policy,if so keep praying.
Re: Uniport Students Cry About "No School Fees / No Result /repeat A Session Policy by NickD(m): 7:52pm On Jul 20, 2017
Phi001:

The protest is for Management to open the school fees portal so that students can pay their school fees.
Speaking from a very reliable source in mgt the portal was open for a few days recently even after the expiration of the deadline although it was done because of personal interests of some students who were affected.
Re: Uniport Students Cry About "No School Fees / No Result /repeat A Session Policy by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jul 20, 2017
Captain6:
It was April 11 rather. I hope you aren't a victim of the policy,if so keep praying.

Nah!

Alumni
Re: Uniport Students Cry About "No School Fees / No Result /repeat A Session Policy by nuelsam: 9:36pm On Jul 20, 2017
ANNOY:
U better shut up. u lowlife bastard
obviously,the unfortunate shitty name U bear 'ANNOY' says it all and i got just three words for you,GET MATURED PRICK!
Re: Uniport Students Cry About "No School Fees / No Result /repeat A Session Policy by nuelsam: 9:45pm On Jul 20, 2017
ANNOY:
U better shut up. u lowlife bastard
i swear that unfortunate shitty name u call ursef 'ANNOY' says it all,i got just three words for you GET MATURED PRICK!
Re: Uniport Students Cry About "No School Fees / No Result /repeat A Session Policy by jerryflames(m): 10:02pm On Jul 20, 2017
DrObum:
So they won't pay their fees and expect the school authority to consult them before acting

After same human beings would gather to whine about our standard of education!

Can they owe school fees abroad

You should enquire what really transpired before you open ur silly mouth to blast these poor students. Do u know wen d deadline for d school fees payment was set? It was set a long time before their exams. Who does that?
Re: Uniport Students Cry About "No School Fees / No Result /repeat A Session Policy by NickD(m): 10:42pm On Jul 20, 2017
creamyanne:

SHUT UP. QUOTE YOUR SOURCE. PLAGIARISED ANIMAL. UNAPPOINTED JOURNALIST.
Too much anger in ur heart u need to grow up. U sound like a little child.
Re: Uniport Students Cry About "No School Fees / No Result /repeat A Session Policy by valentineuwakwe(m): 11:05pm On Jul 20, 2017
SOMETIMES I WONDER WHAT WE NIGERIANS ARE AND WHAT IS ON OUR MIND OVER ONE ANOTHER...THE STUDENT WHO PASTED THIS POST WAS WRITE IN ALL HER SAYINGS.....WE FORGET TO REASONS AT TIME.....I FEEL SO ASHAMED FOR SOME WHO POSTED COMMENTS THAT ARE UNCALLED FOR....LET ME TELL YOU THAT IT IS CRUEL AND UNHUMAN ON THE PART OF THE UNIPORT AUTHORITIES TO IMPLEMENT SUCH POLICY. DON'T BE FAR AND COMMENT WHATEVER YOU LIKE...AM CLOSE TO UNIPORT, INFACT ITS MY ALMA MATAR.....MOST OF THIS PROFS AND VCs AS WELL AS LECTURERS TODAY FORGET THEY ALL WENT TO SCHOOL WITH COMMUNITY EFFORTS OR SCHOLARSHIPS ABROAD OR HERE...SOME WERE FEED FREE BY THE FG IN THE EARLY 70s AND 80s....SO WHAT ARE THEY SAYING NOW? IF YOUR KIDS ARE SCHOOLING ABROAD AND YOU PAY MUCH IN HARD CURRENCY, IS IT ANYONE BUSINESS..ITS YOUR CHOICE AND YOU WANTS YOUR KIDS TO SCHOOL ABROAD SO WHY MAKE COMPARISON WITH IT AND OUR SCHOOLS HERE...SOME OF US WENT TO SCHOOL, ONLY PAYING OUR YEAR ONE FEES, BUT WE KNOW BEFORE GRADUATION AND CLEARANCE IN FINAL, WE HAVE TO CLEAR THEM....SOMEONE WILL SAY IF THEY DONT PAY HOW WILL THE SCHOOL COPE? COME TO UNIPORT AND SEE THE MASSIVE LEVEL OF CORRUPTION.....EVEN THE FUND THE SCHOOL GENERATES CAN GIVE SCHOLARSHIP TO 3000 STUDENTS ANNUALLY........THEY DO BASIC, CERTIFICATE AND DIPLOMA PRE DEGREE PROGRAMMES OF FORM PURCHASE AT N10,000 AND A FEED OF N71,000...............UNDEGRAUDATE FEED IS N45,000..ONE OF THE HEIGHEST IN THE COUNTRY..........PGDE, MASTER AND PHD FEES RANGES BETWEEN N153,000 TO N165,000 A YEAR...THEY WILL PURPOSELY DELAY YOU FOR A PROGRAMME OF ONE YEAR AND ASK YOU TO GO AND PAY FOER THE SECOND YEAR.....WHERE ARE ALL THESE FUNDS CHANNEL TO.,.YET THE SCHOOL RECEIVE FG ANNUAL SUB-VENTIONS ANNUALLY....WORST STILL IT COMPLAINS IT DOSEN'T HAVE FUNDS TO RUN THE SCHOOL...WHEN SOME OF US HAPPENS TO CLIMB ON TOP, WE FORGET HOW BAD IT WAS FOR US WHEN WE WERE DOWN ON STILL CLIMBING....PLS COMMENT WELL AND PITY FOR THIS STUDENTS.....MAY GOD HELP NIGERIA!
Re: Uniport Students Cry About "No School Fees / No Result /repeat A Session Policy by profike91: 11:49pm On Jul 20, 2017
If you stay in Port Harcourt and need a sound private tutor for this long holiday in the following subjects: Chemistry, physics, mathematics and Biology. Don't hesitate to contact 07033145280. Your success is a surebet.

1 Like

Re: Uniport Students Cry About "No School Fees / No Result /repeat A Session Policy by zionmade(m): 3:49am On Jul 21, 2017
valentineuwakwe:
SOMETIMES I WONDER WHAT WE NIGERIANS ARE AND WHAT IS ON OUR MIND OVER ONE ANOTHER...THE STUDENT WHO PASTED THIS POST WAS WRITE IN ALL HER SAYINGS.....WE FORGET TO REASONS AT TIME.....I FEEL SO ASHAMED FOR SOME WHO POSTED COMMENTS THAT ARE UNCALLED FOR....LET ME TELL YOU THAT IT IS CRUEL AND UNHUMAN ON THE PART OF THE UNIPORT AUTHORITIES TO IMPLEMENT SUCH POLICY. DON'T BE FAR AND COMMENT WHATEVER YOU LIKE...AM CLOSE TO UNIPORT, INFACT ITS MY ALMA MATAR.....MOST OF THIS PROFS AND VCs AS WELL AS LECTURERS TODAY FORGET THEY ALL WENT TO SCHOOL WITH COMMUNITY EFFORTS OR SCHOLARSHIPS ABROAD OR HERE...SOME WERE FEED FREE BY THE FG IN THE EARLY 70s AND 80s....SO WHAT ARE THEY SAYING NOW? IF YOUR KIDS ARE SCHOOLING ABROAD AND YOU PAY MUCH IN HARD CURRENCY, IS IT ANYONE BUSINESS..ITS YOUR CHOICE AND YOU WANTS YOUR KIDS TO SCHOOL ABROAD SO WHY MAKE COMPARISON WITH IT AND OUR SCHOOLS HERE...SOME OF US WENT TO SCHOOL, ONLY PAYING OUR YEAR ONE FEES, BUT WE KNOW BEFORE GRADUATION AND CLEARANCE IN FINAL, WE HAVE TO CLEAR THEM....SOMEONE WILL SAY IF THEY DONT PAY HOW WILL THE SCHOOL COPE? COME TO UNIPORT AND SEE THE MASSIVE LEVEL OF CORRUPTION.....EVEN THE FUND THE SCHOOL GENERATES CAN GIVE SCHOLARSHIP TO 3000 STUDENTS ANNUALLY........THEY DO BASIC, CERTIFICATE AND DIPLOMA PRE DEGREE PROGRAMMES OF FORM PURCHASE AT N10,000 AND A FEED OF N71,000...............UNDEGRAUDATE FEED IS N45,000..ONE OF THE HEIGHEST IN THE COUNTRY..........PGDE, MASTER AND PHD FEES RANGES BETWEEN N153,000 TO N165,000 A YEAR...THEY WILL PURPOSELY DELAY YOU FOR A PROGRAMME OF ONE YEAR AND ASK YOU TO GO AND PAY FOER THE SECOND YEAR.....WHERE ARE ALL THESE FUNDS CHANNEL TO.,.YET THE SCHOOL RECEIVE FG ANNUAL SUB-VENTIONS ANNUALLY....WORST STILL IT COMPLAINS IT DOSEN'T HAVE FUNDS TO RUN THE SCHOOL...WHEN SOME OF US HAPPENS TO CLIMB ON TOP, WE FORGET HOW BAD IT WAS FOR US WHEN WE WERE DOWN ON STILL CLIMBING....PLS COMMENT WELL AND PITY FOR THIS STUDENTS.....MAY GOD HELP NIGERIA!
Bros aside Don Baridam the current VC is the best.
We have to develop a mentality in this country. It's called discipline and not putting sentiments first. before anybody accepted the admission offer, that person must have known the amount he is to pay as school fees. So wats the fuss about. U can't go to market and buy things on credit, U Don't owe PHCN, U don't owe ur landlord, u go to hospital u pay ur bills before treatment, then u want to acquire the most important thing in one's life "education " on credit? Haba

1 Like

Re: Uniport Students Cry About "No School Fees / No Result /repeat A Session Policy by leomarz007: 7:29am On Jul 21, 2017
Sammypedro18:
It's so not fair...some parents have 3kids in the school currently, not easy to pull out over 120k at once for schl fees, the school should reconsider
broda is that for a full academic session per 1 head or for 3 heads u mean
and if i may ask how much is the current fees(all admin. process inclusive)
otokx:

Nobody is complaining about the fee which is 45000 for returning students.
Re: Uniport Students Cry About "No School Fees / No Result /repeat A Session Policy by commylistic22: 8:09am On Jul 21, 2017
Jamzig1:
Hmmm...
While here in Funaab, if you don't pay school fees you can't do course Registration and if you don't do course Registration you can't get exam pass... Without exam pass, you can't write exams. Same is going on here.. just that those affected have not been writing exams since it started 2 weeks ago. Albeit, the Senate issued a sound warning of the deadline before implementing it.
Please tell them o. The good thing is you can pay in installments so I don't see any good reason why some people won't pay up on time.
I have a lot of friends that used theirs for politics and flexing and MMM. Now,they want the school to be lenient with them.
I am in support of the school management. No school fees, No marking of scripts and No results.
I myself paid in installments and I even borrowed to pay mine so everyone go and work for your fees or borrow and pay the person later.
Session will end by September and another session begins January, so my advice for those that are poor like me is to start working hard for that 3 months to get their next session school fees ready to avoid crying had I known.

2 Likes

Re: Uniport Students Cry About "No School Fees / No Result /repeat A Session Policy by Phi001(m): 9:38am On Jul 21, 2017
commylistic22:
Please tell them o. The good thing is you can pay in installments so I don't see any good reason why some people won't pay up on time.
I have a lot of friends that used theirs for politics and flexing and MMM. Now,they want the school to be lenient with them.
I am in support of the school management. No school fees, No marking of scripts and No results.
I myself paid in installments and I even borrowed to pay mine so everyone go and work for your fees or borrow and pay the person later.
Session will end by September and another session begins January, so my advice for those that are poor like me is to start working hard for that 3 months to get their next session school fees ready to avoid crying had I known.
Is the school fees up to 45,000 naira there?
Re: Uniport Students Cry About "No School Fees / No Result /repeat A Session Policy by TheVictorious(m): 9:53am On Jul 21, 2017
valentineuwakwe:

Sorry bro, keep all these your sentiments. This is why Nigerian universities will never come to par in any ratings with their counterparts in Africa, not to talk of in the world.

There are not even supposed to be eligible to register in any serious school not to talk of doing exams. What is wrong with Nigeria?

If these student's were protesting that the cost of the school fee is too much I'll understand. If they were complaining that the charges is not worth the value of what the school offers, that's understandable. Check world over, how many schools do you see students protesting for this kind of nonsense. It would have even been much better if they were calling on government, government agencies and other concerned Nigerians to help them meet up with the fees, but protesting that the students should be allowed to do their exams even without paying their fees, against the decision of the school management. Nigeria has lost it.

You said that the school management should understand the plight of the students (since they must have schooled by scholarship and grants), etc. but before you quote me, answer these questions. Why is Elujoba (OAU VC) having a lot of financial problems to answer to today? And why are the students and student union supporting him for misappropriation of funds invested into the school for research and other specific projects?? Answer those questions first.
Re: Uniport Students Cry About "No School Fees / No Result /repeat A Session Policy by commylistic22: 9:56am On Jul 21, 2017
Phi001:

Is the school fees up to 45,000 naira there?
If you're to pay once, it is 45000 but in installments it is 24050 for first and second semester respectively.
They don't have any excuse not to pay.
They should stop disturbing the peace of this school.
Re: Uniport Students Cry About "No School Fees / No Result /repeat A Session Policy by Phi001(m): 10:14am On Jul 21, 2017
commylistic22:

If you're to pay once, it is 45000 but in installments it is 24050 for first and second semester respectively.
They don't have any excuse not to pay.
They should stop disturbing the peace of this school.
and the portal has been closed since April...

Besides, 300L students and above are new to this kind of concept...

Anyways, new word on the street is the portal has been opened. Students are just waitng for Management to make it official...
Re: Uniport Students Cry About "No School Fees / No Result /repeat A Session Policy by otokx(m): 10:58am On Jul 21, 2017
Phi001:

and the portal has been closed since April...

Besides, 300L students and above are new to this kind of concept...

Anyways, new word on the street is the portal has been opened. Students are just waitng for Management to make it official...

Please hope for the best but do not be delusional, there are many dimensions to this situation. Lecturers had initial suggested all scripts are marked and only those who paid be released but in the end Senate decided only those who paid should be graded. All graded and ungraded scripts have been submitted to exams and records unit so let us assume the portal is reopened as you say for fresh payment; do you think the lecturers will now go back to grade those scripts that are no longer in their possession and send the same results to Senate for approval and vetting?

There are also many students who did not pay at all who did not write exams, so if they are to pay now, will another exam be set for them?

If at all the portal is reopened it will be for those who did part payment and want to complete it, better rush and go and apply for temporal withdrawal from school because after now it will be go and buy Jamb form in December and start again preferably in another university that you guys think is favorable.
Re: Uniport Students Cry About "No School Fees / No Result /repeat A Session Policy by Sammypedro18(m): 11:35am On Jul 21, 2017
leomarz007:

broda is that for a full academic session per 1 head or for 3 heads u mean
and if i may ask how much is the current fees(all admin. process inclusive)
For the 3....per head is 45k
Re: Uniport Students Cry About "No School Fees / No Result /repeat A Session Policy by luminouz(m): 1:28pm On Jul 21, 2017
vicfuntop:
The crying and protests are unnecessary. They should pay their fees if they want results.
U eh!!!! undecided
Re: Uniport Students Cry About "No School Fees / No Result /repeat A Session Policy by commylistic22: 5:03pm On Jul 21, 2017
otokx:

Please hope for the best but do not be delusional, there are many dimensions to this situation. Lecturers had initial suggested all scripts are marked and only those who paid be released but in the end Senate decided only those who paid should be graded. All graded and ungraded scripts have been submitted to exams and records unit so let us assume the portal is reopened as you say for fresh payment; do you think the lecturers will now go back to grade those scripts that are no longer in their possession and send the same results to Senate for approval and vetting?

There are also many students who did not pay at all who did not write exams, so if they are to pay now, will another exam be set for them?

If at all the portal is reopened it will be for those who did part payment and want to complete it, better rush and go and apply for temporal withdrawal from school because after now it will be go and buy Jamb form in December and start again preferably in another university that you guys think is favorable.
Sir you said it all. It will be not be totally fair on the side of management except they are to give those who didn't write the exam at all, a chance to rewrite which is almost impossible.
The best thing is to let sleeping dogs lie and those affected should pick withdrawal form.
Re: Uniport Students Cry About "No School Fees / No Result /repeat A Session Policy by Kella4619: 9:04pm On Jul 21, 2017
Saw a statement made by some1 about Uniport students saying dey want education without paying....
Sir/Ma, pls we are not saying we won't pay fees BT we are saying that this no school fees no exam policy is too harsh on students of Uniport when we pay 45k as fees. Half of Uniport fees is even more than 10 federal schools in Nigeria like Uniben,Unilag,Unizik,Unical,UniAbj,UniUyo n lots more n yet you want to attach deadline to it and expect more than 60% to overcome that even when Bank services are poor due to the series of transactions done in the portal till the extent that students more to other branch round Nigeria n dey say portal is down or no service n u get frustrated after facing same issue for 2 or more days..

Also, yes I know many students eat their fees BT before u do that, you will expect another source of Income BT due to this economic standards you won't met up.

The V.C is just 2nd year in Office n he has faced 3 protest, death of Peter Ofurum, Suspended our faculty Presidents all cause of closure of portal and yet he still stands by the same policy, Is he Human At all??
Is he not suppose to b a fatherly figure??
Also, I saw persons comparing Uniport with either Private schools or schools abroad, my dear we couldn't attend private schools cause of their huge amount in fees or maybe rules BT we decided to attend Uniport to b future leaders of tomorrow n now our VC wants to deprive us from that...

###Our normal rules is that if your are not able to pay your fees for a session, the next session u pay additional 50% which is 65k.. We are very much OK with that pls than repeating a session###

He also said that students graduate without paying school fees, how is that possible when we do school fees clearance wit the bursar or finance department before you will be cleared to graduate.

Also, pls pls pls the school fees we pay is not used to run all the affairs in the school, Government pays them salary, government also give allocations to various schools for maintenance and renovation in school.. So pls make we ask weytin Uniport dey use 45k for over 50,000 students do that yet dey still want to frustrate students that dey want to use the money to run affairs of the school

We decided to make it very peaceful so that he won't use that as an excuse against us n yet he can't come out n say a word to the media cause we weren't that hoodlums he called us that protested on 11th April...

I want the Federal Government to see into this #45,000 we pay more than all federal University in Nigeria n what its used for and also into this no school fees no exam policy too cause if this is not addressed to, I could this issues abt this policy coming up again cause I know this issue will come up again. Now its d 3rd time in he VC 2years tenure he is having protest of same issue...

All those still in support of the VC, ur free

May Peter Soul rest in Peace##

Thank You
Re: Uniport Students Cry About "No School Fees / No Result /repeat A Session Policy by obipaschall(m): 9:19pm On Jul 21, 2017
Hmm......65k is okay?
Re: Uniport Students Cry About "No School Fees / No Result /repeat A Session Policy by 4tunespark: 10:56am On Jul 23, 2017
jaychubi:
angry d uniport VC is even very lenient to allow students owing school fees to write exams, and nw they want to ve results abeg uniport students na free education una dey

#sillystudents
u r a fool
Re: Uniport Students Cry About "No School Fees / No Result /repeat A Session Policy by OmolodMilkman93(m): 1:14pm On Oct 16, 2017
commylistic22:

Lol. Switcommy, the MMM guider �
Re: Uniport Students Cry About "No School Fees / No Result /repeat A Session Policy by commylistic22: 10:01am On Oct 17, 2017
OmolodMilkman93:

Lol. Switcommy, the MMM guider �
What are you talking about. Is only you that knows that one o.. �
Re: Uniport Students Cry About "No School Fees / No Result /repeat A Session Policy by OGHENAOGIE(m): 10:16am On Oct 17, 2017
[quote author=Sammypedro18 post=58652718]It's so not fair...some parents have 3kids in the school currently, not easy to pull out over 120k at once for schl fees, the school should reconsider [/quote must everybody go to school those wey finish no work for them....yy shd students owe fees d framework to be used should be twice a session payment with a deadline attached whereby the fee ll be increasing little by little until the person pays....]
Re: Uniport Students Cry About "No School Fees / No Result /repeat A Session Policy by OGHENAOGIE(m): 10:23am On Oct 17, 2017
otokx:

Very true, the point is timelines even when extended should not be taken for granted. We all should learn to plan and take responsibility for our actions.
school portal should not be closed in the ist place what the school shd do is simple after some period de shd be increment on the fee this way u don't beg anyone to pay fees....if eg u supposed pay 30k u delay and 35k for paying late pple ll pay on-time...lets be aware if Nigeria must change we all must be responsible....period

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Admission Into The Polytechnic Of Ibadan Part Time And Daily Part Time / FUTO Students Protest Over Exorbitant School Fees (Pictures) / Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.