Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,946 members, 7,848,839 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 10:54 AM

Is It Unchristian To Pray For Money? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Unchristian To Pray For Money? (651 Views)

Is It Scriptural To Pray Against Our Enemies? / Do You Kneel Down To Pray In Church? / How To Pray Effectively By Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Phd (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Unchristian To Pray For Money? by estrella(f): 3:25pm On Feb 05, 2010
Hi folks! I would really appreciate it if the bone crushing Christians in the House help me with this issue.I've always been the independent kind of girl who would rather die than to ask anyone for money.When i became born again,I noticed that it spilled over into my walk with God.I would heistate about asking him for money because I was always afraid that he would let me down.I pay my tithes and give offerings but i also try as much as possible to have a littel cash so i wont have to ask him.
Is it unchristian to ask God for a certain amount of money when you don't have it? Like if you were dead broke and you asked God for a certain amount by a certain day and you didn't get it,what are the factors that would have caused the delay in your prayer? Is there a process involved in asking him for money? I'm at a point where I want to trust him with all including my finances and I want to get it right, when it comes to money and God,what is the christian way to do things?
Re: Is It Unchristian To Pray For Money? by snowdrops(m): 3:43pm On Feb 05, 2010
Says who. In my humble opinionit is surely not
Re: Is It Unchristian To Pray For Money? by Joagbaje(m): 3:57pm On Feb 05, 2010
There are different levels of truth in God. There are lesser truths and higher truth. In primary school, 1 minus 2 is imposible but in secondary school ,1 minus 2 has an answer which is -2. So it is in Christ. There i spiritual milk for bebes and strong meat for the mature ones. but they are all truths at different levels. A baby may beg and ask. but adults dont ask , they just collect.

Peter was writing to babies here because babies live on milk.

1 Peter 2:2
   As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:

But check Paul out here.

Hebrews 5:13-14

For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe. [14] But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

"Give us this day our daily bread is baby prayer" but it can sell for a while. Soon it wont work again.  There is nothing you want to ask God he has not given you in Christ.

1 Cor. 3:21
   Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours;

Mark 11:24
   Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

So you must have faith in the finished work of christ that you have an inheritance. You draw ffrom your heavely account with your mouth rcognising you are blessed already,God knows your need and has mad provisions for all your needs. You call forth what you need. " i receive my car this year  in the name of Jesu"  You Thank God For them " Father I thank you,I have my admission in Jesus name" etc.¦
Re: Is It Unchristian To Pray For Money? by TV01(m): 6:44pm On Feb 05, 2010
Joagbaje:

There are different levels of truth in God. There are lesser truths and higher truth.

Really

Joagbaje:

In primary school, 1 minus 2 is imposible but in secondary school ,1 minus 2 has an answer which is -2.

For posterity' sake you understand tongue?

Joagbaje:

So you must have faith in the finished work of christ that you have an inheritance. You draw ffrom your heavely account with your mouth rcognising you are blessed already,God knows your need and has mad provisions for all your needs. You call forth what you need. " i receive my car this year  in the name of Jesu"  You Thank God For them " Father I thank you,I have my admission in Jesus name" etc.¦

Just taking notes here shocked;

Maturity => Access to heavenly bank account with physical withdrawals.
ATM Card => the mouth
Pin # => In Jesus name.

At OP

estrella:

Hi folks! I would really appreciate it if the bone crushing Christians in the House help me with this issue.I've always been the independent kind of girl who would rather die than to ask anyone for money.When i became born again,I noticed that it spilled over into my walk with God.I would heistate about asking him for money because I was always afraid that he would let me down.I pay my tithes and give offerings but i also try as much as possible to have a littel cash so i wont have to ask him.
Is it unchristian to ask God for a certain amount of money when you don't have it? Like if you were dead broke and you asked God for a certain amount by a certain day and you didn't get it,what are the factors that would have caused the delay in your prayer? Is there a process involved in asking him for money? I'm at a point where I want to trust him with all including my finances and I want to get it right, when it comes to money and God,what is the christian way to do things?

The Lord will supply the needs of his children. Notice my emphasis on need. So if you need food, the supply may be a meal, not necessarily cash for a burger. How He does or will do this may not be clear to you. Your aim should be to know God and walk in His will for you as an individual - easier said than done I know - but the true way to perfect peace aboout such things.

Oft times what we desire is driven by our own desires - however righteous they may appear - and not necessarily Gods will. Also one thing many fail to realise is that Gods express will is to bring us to maturity, which may at times mean withholding, denial or scourging. The Christian walk is not a gauranteed bed of roses or satisfaction of every wish.

Hope this helps. Be encouraged

God bless
TV
Re: Is It Unchristian To Pray For Money? by Annunaki(m): 6:56pm On Feb 05, 2010
Trust pastor agbaje to show up on any thread that has to do with money grin
Re: Is It Unchristian To Pray For Money? by AbuZola3(m): 7:32pm On Feb 05, 2010
Lmao, girl you are in bondage, come to islam the religion of truth and light, the religion of heaven and paradise
Re: Is It Unchristian To Pray For Money? by Fhemmmy: 3:44am On Feb 06, 2010
The bible support us being rich and wealthy, but has to be done in the right way
Re: Is It Unchristian To Pray For Money? by Lady2(f): 7:05am On Feb 06, 2010
Ask the Lord for your daily bread. Pray the Lord's prayer. Don't be greedy, just ask him for enough to take care of your needs and the needs of your family or those whom you're responsible for. So no it is not wrong, infact you are to rely on him. So ask away.
Re: Is It Unchristian To Pray For Money? by saraj(f): 2:01am On Feb 07, 2010
@OP

Money is the root of all evil!
It is not the source of
happiness as most people thimk.
Re: Is It Unchristian To Pray For Money? by Officerricky(m): 2:11am On Feb 07, 2010
It's the same God and bible that says we should ask and it shall be given to us so i don't think it's too much. Although it depends on WHY u're asking and your faith level!
Re: Is It Unchristian To Pray For Money? by Odunnu: 2:12am On Feb 07, 2010
D LOVE of money and NOT money itself is the root of all,
Re: Is It Unchristian To Pray For Money? by afiq(m): 2:19am On Feb 07, 2010
Money talk again LOL! Lets see how well and far folks twisting the Bible on this thread
Re: Is It Unchristian To Pray For Money? by Nobody: 8:08am On Feb 07, 2010
I dont think its unchristian to ask God for money but you (not God) might be testing your own faith by demanding it reach you by a certain day.

I also think its important to live within your means. Quite a lot of Christians dont do that but prefer keeping up with the Joneses even though they dont really know the Joneses source of income.

(1) (Reply)

Ministry Man Denies Claims By Young Girl That He Fondled Her In Room At Bradford / Timetravel And The "end Of Days" / When Is The Sabbath Day?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.