Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:18 AM

Linkin Park Singer Commits Suicide By Hanging - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Linkin Park Singer Commits Suicide By Hanging (1046 Views)

Chester Bennington, Linkin Park Lead Singer Commits Suicide. / Linkin Park Singer Chester Benington Is Dead!!! / Chester Bennington, Linkin Park Lead Vocalist, Dies From Suicide Age 41 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Linkin Park Singer Commits Suicide By Hanging by Jbols2001(m): 7:56pm On Jul 20, 2017
Linkin Park singer Chester Bennington has committed suicide.

TMZ reports the 41-year-old hanged himself at a private residence in Palos Verdes Estates in Los Angeles County on Thursday morning.

Law enforcement officials say his body was found shortly before 9am. 

The singer had a history of drug and alcohol abuse.

His body was discovered this morning just before 9am and it is believed that he hanged himself.

The singer is survived by his wife, Talinda Ann Bentley, and six children – Jamie, 21, Isaiah, 19, Draven, 15, Tyler Lee, 11, and Lily and Lily, 7.

He was previously married to Samantha Marie Olit from 1996 – 2005.

Chester, whose band Linkin Park spawned hit rock songs including Numb and Breaking the Habit, often focused his lyrics on personal struggle, depression and addiction.

The band’s last single, Heavy, focused on the topic of depression and contained haunting lyrics including: “I don’t like my mind right now // Stacking up problems that are so unnecessary // Wish that I could slow things down”

In the chorus, he talks about how he is dragging around issues that are bringing him down before chillingly adding: “If I just let go, I’d be set free.”

However, just days before his death, he was seen in the recording studio with his bandmates and Watsky, suggesting that he was currently in the process of collaborating with him.

Source

http://m.tmz.com/2017/07/20/linkin-park-singer-chester-bennington-dead-commits-suicide/

Re: Linkin Park Singer Commits Suicide By Hanging by sagerasaq: 8:00pm On Jul 20, 2017
Eyah... Recession no dy dt syd, him president no disappear but him commit suicide...
9ja people I Hail una oooo.
We strong

1 Like

Re: Linkin Park Singer Commits Suicide By Hanging by Justiceleague1: 8:02pm On Jul 20, 2017
Pretty sad men,rip Chester.

"...every step tha'i take is another mistake to uuu,and every second i waste is more than i can take...." Lv Linkin park...and yeah,NickelBack and Coldplay.

1 Like

Re: Linkin Park Singer Commits Suicide By Hanging by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jul 20, 2017
So sad. The news said he's been battling with alcohol and drug abuse for years and he contemplated suicide at some point. Add that to an abusive child hood where an older man abused him.

That's why we need Jesus.
Re: Linkin Park Singer Commits Suicide By Hanging by Hexilon: 8:28pm On Jul 20, 2017
Damn, this band got me through hard times..

RIP Chester!!

1 Like

Re: Linkin Park Singer Commits Suicide By Hanging by Bruno3000(m): 8:41pm On Jul 20, 2017
You sure say him commit suicide? cod I no trust dis illuminati pple...
Re: Linkin Park Singer Commits Suicide By Hanging by lanre316: 8:47pm On Jul 20, 2017
Sad. Their song "Numb" is my number one rock song anytime any day. RIP Chester
Re: Linkin Park Singer Commits Suicide By Hanging by AlexCk: 9:54pm On Jul 20, 2017
RIP Chester,

It's so funny kinda, thought about linkin park earlier today, decided to upload a pix of their logo this evening, checked the internet few hours later, only to find out that he committed suicide.

#LinkinPark #RockMusic.
Always loved ur songs.

#the only thing that's worse than one is none# cry

1 Like

Re: Linkin Park Singer Commits Suicide By Hanging by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jul 20, 2017
When my time comes
Forget the wrong that I've done
Help me leave behind some
Reasons to be missed
And don't resent me
And when you're feeling empty
Keep me in your memory
Leave out all the rest
Leave out all the rest

RIP Chester Bennington
Linkin Park won't be the same without you.

5 Likes

Re: Linkin Park Singer Commits Suicide By Hanging by slimfit2(m): 12:16am On Jul 21, 2017
Rip Chester You, and your voice, will be missed.
Re: Linkin Park Singer Commits Suicide By Hanging by Nobody: 7:00am On Jul 21, 2017
I feel so sad. sad
Re: Linkin Park Singer Commits Suicide By Hanging by Rachaelgold(f): 8:55am On Jul 21, 2017
This is so sad...just played 'heavy' not quite long. Rip Chester...you will be dearly missed

'I know I'm not the center of the universe...but you keep spinning 'round me just the same'.. Heavy
Re: Linkin Park Singer Commits Suicide By Hanging by tahoe(m): 9:47am On Jul 21, 2017
liked their songs, especially powerless for the movie Abraham Lincoln the vampire hunter

also roads untraveled in the need for speed movie
Re: Linkin Park Singer Commits Suicide By Hanging by opeaceo: 9:52am On Jul 21, 2017
RIP Chester, LP would never be the same again.
Re: Linkin Park Singer Commits Suicide By Hanging by Nobody: 10:54am On Jul 21, 2017
illuminating are at it again, always one style of death they use....they will claim the singer takes alcohol and drink...abuse....thats not enough reason for someone wealthy to just take his/her life.....thats how they did same thing Whitney Houston....her daughter was so scared that she wanted to talk but couldn't yet they stage an accident for her daughter too...it made her uncousious that she couldn't remember a thing...well maybe they need constant sacrifice to keep up...I guess this time linkin park was next...soon they will tell us Beyonce suffers abuse from alcohol and drug and she takes her like by suicide or overdose...the beyonce am seeing now is happy but lets watch
Re: Linkin Park Singer Commits Suicide By Hanging by Nobody: 11:19am On Jul 21, 2017
*Who is Jesus?*

*In chemistry,*
He turned water to wine.
John 2:6-10
John 4:46

*In biology,*
He was born without the normal conception;

Isaiah 7:14
Luke 1:26- 37

*In physics,*
He disapproved the law of gravity when He ascended into heaven;

Mark 16:19

*In economics,*
He disapproved the law of diminishing return by feeding 5000 men with
two fishes & 5 loaves of bread;

Matthew 14:19
John 6:13

*In medicine,*
He cured the sick and the blind without administering a single dose of drugs;

Matthew 15:30
Mark 1:34

*In history,*
He is the beginning and the end;

John 1:1-5
Revelation 22:13
Revelation 21:6

*In government,*
He said that He shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Prince of Peace;
Isaiah 9:6-7

*In religion,*
He said no one comes to the Father except through Him;

John 14:4-6

*So, Who is He? He is Jesus!*

The Greatest Man in History

Jesus had no servants,
yet they called Him Master.

Had no degree,
yet they called Him Teacher.

Had no medicines,
yet they called Him Healer.

He had no army,
yet kings feared Him.

He won no military battles,
yet He conquered the world.

He committed no crime,
yet they crucified Him.

He was buried in a tomb,
yet He lives today.

I feel honoured to serve such a Leader who loves us all.
JESUS SAVES ...PUT YOUR HOPES IN JESUS NOT MAN.

MAN DISSAPOINTS , JESUS APPOINTS
Re: Linkin Park Singer Commits Suicide By Hanging by lanre316: 12:37pm On Jul 21, 2017
Pascalville:
illuminating are at it again, always one style of death they use....they will claim the singer takes alcohol and drink...abuse....thats not enough reason for someone wealthy to just take his/her life.....thats how they did same thing Whitney Houston....her daughter was so scared that she wanted to talk but couldn't yet they stage an accident for her daughter too...it made her uncousious that she couldn't remember a thing...well maybe they need constant sacrifice to keep up...I guess this time linkin park was next...soon they will tell us Beyonce suffers abuse from alcohol and drug and she takes her like by suicide or overdose...the beyonce am seeing now is happy but lets watch

Mr man, take your conspiracy theories and useless religious nonsense elsewhere. At least show a common courtesy of not detailing a thread dedicated to dead musician. Respect the dead. Open another thread to talk about your illuminati and other nonsense you are spewing here.
Re: Linkin Park Singer Commits Suicide By Hanging by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jul 21, 2017
lanre316:

Mr man, take your conspiracy theories and useless religious nonsense elsewhere. At least show a common courtesy of not detailing a thread dedicated to dead musician. Respect the dead. Open another thread to talk about your illuminati and other nonsense you are spewing here.
hey no offense...I did not post for ur comfort or discomfort....everyone is entitled to their own opinions on social media...u could have ignore and pass...if u insult me here...am coming for you...act matured
Re: Linkin Park Singer Commits Suicide By Hanging by MisterKings(m): 3:06pm On Jul 21, 2017
Jbols2001:
Linkin Park singer Chester Bennington has committed suicide.

TMZ reports the 41-year-old hanged himself at a private residence in Palos Verdes Estates in Los Angeles County on Thursday morning.

Law enforcement officials say his body was found shortly before 9am. 

The singer had a history of drug and alcohol abuse.

His body was discovered this morning just before 9am and it is believed that he hanged himself.

The singer is survived by his wife, Talinda Ann Bentley, and six children – Jamie, 21, Isaiah, 19, Draven, 15, Tyler Lee, 11, and Lily and Lily, 7.

He was previously married to Samantha Marie Olit from 1996 – 2005.

Chester, whose band Linkin Park spawned hit rock songs including Numb and Breaking the Habit, often focused his lyrics on personal struggle, depression and addiction.

The band’s last single, Heavy, focused on the topic of depression and contained haunting lyrics including: “I don’t like my mind right now // Stacking up problems that are so unnecessary // Wish that I could slow things down”

In the chorus, he talks about how he is dragging around issues that are bringing him down before chillingly adding: “If I just let go, I’d be set free.”

However, just days before his death, he was seen in the recording studio with his bandmates and Watsky, suggesting that he was currently in the process of collaborating with him.

Source

http://m.tmz.com/2017/07/20/linkin-park-singer-chester-bennington-dead-commits-suicide/

So hard to believe this guy ushered me to rock music. There's really nothing outside God. He would think twice if he was in communion with God.

This is painful
Re: Linkin Park Singer Commits Suicide By Hanging by lanre316: 6:05pm On Jul 21, 2017
Pascalville:
hey no offense...I did not post for ur comfort or discomfort....everyone is entitled to their own opinions on social media...u could have ignore and pass...if u insult me here...am coming for you...act matured
I apologize for the insult. My intention was to prevent derail of the thread from the purpose of honoring the dead. Never my habit or intention to insult anyone. No offense
Re: Linkin Park Singer Commits Suicide By Hanging by Fkforyou(m): 9:00pm On Jul 21, 2017
What's with celebrities and addiction to substances.. undecided

I guess fame comes with a price. undecided

Only few of them know how to manage being famous... undecided

(1) (Reply)

The Thing About Love Song Lyrics | Matt Terry | / Jonas Classic Ft. Grenada Badman – In Love / New Music: Dj Doskyi Ft Reekado Banks- Problem (refix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.