Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,629 members, 7,813,084 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:41 AM

Taxi Driver Kills Ngam Nwachukwu, Ex-Ambassador, Steals His Car In Abuja (Pics) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Taxi Driver Kills Ngam Nwachukwu, Ex-Ambassador, Steals His Car In Abuja (Pics) (44005 Views)

Man Kills His Stingy Brother In Ekiti, Steals His Bike (Photo) / Panel Beater Steals His Sister's And Brother's Wife's Pants In Ondo / Houseboy Steals His Boss' N10 Million Toyota Prado, Sells it for N50k (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Taxi Driver Kills Ngam Nwachukwu, Ex-Ambassador, Steals His Car In Abuja (Pics) by ebubefavou: 8:11am On Jul 21, 2017
An Abuja Taxi driver, Sikiru Lamidi, who was arrested by detectives from Apo Divisional Police Station for allegedly killing a former Nigerian ambassador to South Africa, Ngam Nwachukwu, on November 24, 2016, has confessed to committing the said crime.

The suspect from Oyo State, was arrested at his home town where he was hiding after selling Nwachukwu’s Lexus SUV with Abuja registration number, YAB 938 MC to one Femi Adeyemi with forged documents.

The 75-year-old ex-Ambassador reportedly boarded the Lamidi's cab on November 23, 2016 and in the course of taking him around informed him about his car which had a mechanical fault.

The cab driver then offered to take deceased's car to his brother, a mechanic, who could work on the car and it was decided that Lamidi would come to the ex-ambassador’s house the following day.

The driver reportedly showed up at the ex-envoy’s residence at Villa Nova Estate, Apo the following day as agreed.

According to Northern City News,  the deceased lived alone and his security guard, who doubled as an electrician, was also not in the house during Lamidi’s visit.

Investigators stated that Nwachukwu offered the driver some food but he declined while sitting across from him at the dining table.

“As the man was eating, the suspect pounced on him and wrestled him to the floor and then stabbed him in the neck with a pair of scissors. He stole the plasma television and home theatre in the apartment and went away with the deceased’s Lexus SUV which he sold for N1.480m to one Femi Adeyemi with forged documents,” an investigator said.

According to Lamidi, he didn't know what came over him, adding that he just found himself stabbing the septuagenarian until he died.

“After stabbing the man, I felt terrible and guilty but there was nothing I could do to reverse the situation,” he said.

After killing Nwachukwu, the suspect explained that he sold the TV and home theatre audio system to a seller of fairly-used products at Area 10, Abuja for N38,000.

He said that he kept the SUV in Sauka Village along Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport Road for two weeks before driving it to Oyo town.

The taxi driver said he gave the vehicle to one Okuta who assisted him in forging the vehicle documents, adding that he compensated Okuta with N380,000 after selling the vehicle.

“Out of the remaining N1.1m, I bought a motorcycle for N180,000 and invested N500,000 in a cooperative society; I gave a car dealer N500,000 to assist me in getting a car, but he defrauded me and didn’t provide any vehicle,” Lamidi explained.

When asked if he had committed similar crimes before, the suspect denied, saying it was his first time.

“I have not committed any crime before; I blame the devil for this. Sometimes, I entertain negative or diabolical thoughts, but I don’t smoke or drink,” he added.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2017/07/blame-devil-abuja-taxi-driver-kills-ex-ambassador-steals-car.html

Re: Taxi Driver Kills Ngam Nwachukwu, Ex-Ambassador, Steals His Car In Abuja (Pics) by MhizzAJ(f): 8:15am On Jul 21, 2017
They would always blame the devil after doing evil...

52 Likes

Re: Taxi Driver Kills Ngam Nwachukwu, Ex-Ambassador, Steals His Car In Abuja (Pics) by Luckylife(m): 8:24am On Jul 21, 2017
Pls is high time the world make a rule that state that any criminal that blame the devil on his or her dubious actions against humanity must present the devil physical or face double sentence .

141 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Taxi Driver Kills Ngam Nwachukwu, Ex-Ambassador, Steals His Car In Abuja (Pics) by nNEOo(m): 8:28am On Jul 21, 2017
Someone should "GET THE DEVIL DOWN HERE ASAP angry

If I found out he's not responsible for this (although he will deny it cos he's a d.amn lier )
You my friend will regret lying against him angry .

9 Likes

Re: Taxi Driver Kills Ngam Nwachukwu, Ex-Ambassador, Steals His Car In Abuja (Pics) by Nobody: 8:28am On Jul 21, 2017
Na xo d devil go lead yhu to jail.....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taxi Driver Kills Ngam Nwachukwu, Ex-Ambassador, Steals His Car In Abuja (Pics) by ExpensiveG: 8:36am On Jul 21, 2017
********MORAL LESSONS*****

Don't trust anyone, even though you tell person about your property, involve a family member into una conversations.
Dis days people are HEARTLESS, we no even know who we go trust. sad...

Na prayers go save us from all dis wicked people....

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taxi Driver Kills Ngam Nwachukwu, Ex-Ambassador, Steals His Car In Abuja (Pics) by Nobody: 11:21am On Jul 21, 2017
LEGENDARY LINKIN PARK IS DEAD cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Taxi Driver Kills Ngam Nwachukwu, Ex-Ambassador, Steals His Car In Abuja (Pics) by nextprince: 11:21am On Jul 21, 2017
 “As the man was eating, the suspect pounced on him and wrestled him to the floor and then stabbed him in the neck with a pair of scissors.
Haba, to an innocent old man who genuinely patronised your business and even reposed some confidence in you?

This Lamidi is worse than assassins, armed robbers and ritualists rolled into one

According to Lamidi, he didn't know what came over him, adding that he just found himself stabbing the septuagenarian until he died.
Don't worry, you will soon know what came over you.

The taxi driver said he gave the vehicle to one Okuta who assisted him in forging the vehicle documents, adding that he compensated Okuta with N380,000 after selling the vehicle.
You better start thinking of how to locate that Okuta who likes changing documents of vehicles.

“Out of the remaining N1.1m, I bought a motorcycle for N180,000 and invested N500,000 in a cooperative society; I gave a car dealer N500,000 to assist me in getting a car, but he defrauded me and didn’t provide any vehicle,” Lamidi explained.
You have just killed a breadwinner, father, husband, guardian, uncle etc and you are talking about being defrauded, don't worry.

“I have not committed any crime before; I blame the devil for this. Sometimes, I entertain negative or diabolical thoughts, but I don’t smoke or drink,” he added.
What's this one saying?

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Taxi Driver Kills Ngam Nwachukwu, Ex-Ambassador, Steals His Car In Abuja (Pics) by Leonbonapart(m): 11:21am On Jul 21, 2017
Anfonja and crime like:
Zuma picture pls

18 Likes

Re: Taxi Driver Kills Ngam Nwachukwu, Ex-Ambassador, Steals His Car In Abuja (Pics) by Nobody: 11:21am On Jul 21, 2017
na waooo
Re: Taxi Driver Kills Ngam Nwachukwu, Ex-Ambassador, Steals His Car In Abuja (Pics) by Ugoeze2016: 11:22am On Jul 21, 2017
Look at his face, thief ole

2 Likes

Re: Taxi Driver Kills Ngam Nwachukwu, Ex-Ambassador, Steals His Car In Abuja (Pics) by anyimontana(m): 11:22am On Jul 21, 2017
U invited cab man into ur home to dine with u.just like inviting aboki(shoe repairer)inside ur sitting room to fix ur shoe..u can't ask him to wait by the gate till u r done with what u were doin inside?..all d same,RIP..

10 Likes

Re: Taxi Driver Kills Ngam Nwachukwu, Ex-Ambassador, Steals His Car In Abuja (Pics) by markbosa(m): 11:22am On Jul 21, 2017
Trust no one... what a wicked world

1 Like

Re: Taxi Driver Kills Ngam Nwachukwu, Ex-Ambassador, Steals His Car In Abuja (Pics) by seunlayi(m): 11:23am On Jul 21, 2017
Thank God that he did nt commit the offense in Osun state. Beheading loading..........
Re: Taxi Driver Kills Ngam Nwachukwu, Ex-Ambassador, Steals His Car In Abuja (Pics) by DWJOBScom(m): 11:23am On Jul 21, 2017
na dem dem...

They sit at work and wait for a looting situation
Re: Taxi Driver Kills Ngam Nwachukwu, Ex-Ambassador, Steals His Car In Abuja (Pics) by baby124: 11:24am On Jul 21, 2017
So wicked! Wow! No one to help in this world again. For 1.4m...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Taxi Driver Kills Ngam Nwachukwu, Ex-Ambassador, Steals His Car In Abuja (Pics) by NwaAmaikpe: 11:25am On Jul 21, 2017
shocked

Which ex-Ambasaador drives a Lexus RX300?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taxi Driver Kills Ngam Nwachukwu, Ex-Ambassador, Steals His Car In Abuja (Pics) by Opistorincos(m): 11:25am On Jul 21, 2017
double offense
Re: Taxi Driver Kills Ngam Nwachukwu, Ex-Ambassador, Steals His Car In Abuja (Pics) by cristianisraeli: 11:26am On Jul 21, 2017
i noticed something now..i dont see people from the victims tribe cursing and abusing people from the criminals tribe..we must learn that crime have no tribe,colour,nationalities or country..everyone commits crime..white people commit crime alot as well,but u dont hear them bash each other,we have russian mob,italian mob,jewish crime family..lots and lots of them..i know we are not ONE in nigeria..but let us just live in PEACE.thats all

18 Likes

Re: Taxi Driver Kills Ngam Nwachukwu, Ex-Ambassador, Steals His Car In Abuja (Pics) by SmartchoiceNGR: 11:27am On Jul 21, 2017
This is terrible. The only reason why I have not gotten a driver yet.
Most of them are mentally unstable. Wicked and extremely covetous.

There are jobs in Nigeria but dearth of fit and proper persons to be employed.

7 Likes

Re: Taxi Driver Kills Ngam Nwachukwu, Ex-Ambassador, Steals His Car In Abuja (Pics) by Nobody: 11:27am On Jul 21, 2017
We shall not accept this treatment sad sad

1 Like

Re: Taxi Driver Kills Ngam Nwachukwu, Ex-Ambassador, Steals His Car In Abuja (Pics) by dreamwords: 11:27am On Jul 21, 2017
lipsrsealed
Jealous accommodators

1 Like

Re: Taxi Driver Kills Ngam Nwachukwu, Ex-Ambassador, Steals His Car In Abuja (Pics) by Nigga44: 11:27am On Jul 21, 2017
In addition to killing themselves for ritual purposes, this yoruba bastardds have turned to killing innocent igbos as well? angry angry

14 Likes

Re: Taxi Driver Kills Ngam Nwachukwu, Ex-Ambassador, Steals His Car In Abuja (Pics) by Skain(m): 11:28am On Jul 21, 2017
That guy is nothing but a monster. SMH

1 Like

Re: Taxi Driver Kills Ngam Nwachukwu, Ex-Ambassador, Steals His Car In Abuja (Pics) by Nobody: 11:28am On Jul 21, 2017
jail the bastard.
Re: Taxi Driver Kills Ngam Nwachukwu, Ex-Ambassador, Steals His Car In Abuja (Pics) by YUSUFAALIKALI(m): 11:29am On Jul 21, 2017
Omg so bad
Re: Taxi Driver Kills Ngam Nwachukwu, Ex-Ambassador, Steals His Car In Abuja (Pics) by Jaynom(m): 11:29am On Jul 21, 2017
Nawa o you blame the Devil ke? Devil don suffer aswear!
Re: Taxi Driver Kills Ngam Nwachukwu, Ex-Ambassador, Steals His Car In Abuja (Pics) by Nigga44: 11:29am On Jul 21, 2017
In addition to killing themselves for ritual purposes, this yoruba bastardds have turned to killing innocent igbos as well? angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taxi Driver Kills Ngam Nwachukwu, Ex-Ambassador, Steals His Car In Abuja (Pics) by Jadmchris(m): 11:29am On Jul 21, 2017
Nigeria used cars for sale

Stay away or buy trouble

Some are melon n some are stolen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tiamiyu Kazeem: Police Recommend SARS Operative’s Dismissal Over Killing / Who Supplies Evans Assorted Shirts In Police Detention? Nigerians Ask (Photos) / 16-Year-Old Girl Who Was Gang-Raped By 4 Boys, Dies Of Strange Ailment (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.