Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,300 members, 7,815,538 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:09 PM

How Can I Create An Offline Dictionary App For Android - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Can I Create An Offline Dictionary App For Android (1136 Views)

Convert Python Dictionary To Json / with how Much Can I create An Online Retail Website And APP? / How Much Will It Cost To Create An IOS, And An Android App (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Create An Offline Dictionary App For Android by Infinixhot2: 3:06pm On Jul 21, 2017
Greetings to all passionate programmers here...I have a question; but i know after your replies it will be clear to me.. Do i have to type all words and their meanings manually into sqlitedatabase in order to create an offline dictionary app?because i know that will be very stressfull.Thanks as you help me out.
Re: How Can I Create An Offline Dictionary App For Android by Nobody: 7:30am On Jul 22, 2017
Write the words, in a text file, then use stream reader to read thru and print the results in a text space.

That is to say, you need a jFrame with a text box and a text area (JTextFeild,JTextArea) then button (JButton) then extend the activity then use stream reader to read from the text field and show results in JTEXTAREA.

Are u doing this on java or xamarin.
Re: How Can I Create An Offline Dictionary App For Android by Infinixhot2: 8:23pm On Jul 22, 2017
gimakon:
Write the words, in a text file, then use stream reader to read thru and print the results in a text space.

That is to say, you need a jFrame with a text box and a text area (JTextFeild,JTextArea) then button (JButton) then extend the activity then use stream reader to read from the text field and show results in JTEXTAREA.

Are u doing this on java or xamarin.
I am using java
Re: How Can I Create An Offline Dictionary App For Android by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jul 22, 2017
Infinixhot2:
I am using java

Ok. Follow as I told you,then create a match against each word. If the word exists, then it should show what you have in the text file.
Re: How Can I Create An Offline Dictionary App For Android by Infinixhot2: 9:07pm On Jul 22, 2017
Thanks alot..
Re: How Can I Create An Offline Dictionary App For Android by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jul 22, 2017
Infinixhot2:
Thanks alot..

U welcome, alternatively if you want a single file, make it a private string

Private string word [] ={....} ;

Then meaning

Private String meaning [] ={....};

Then match words against meaning if it finds the meaning of the word, it outputs it's meaning. I remember using this algorithm when I wrote an anti virus once.

Or to ease your complex complexities, use hash maps

Watch this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UR76LaV4wRA
Re: How Can I Create An Offline Dictionary App For Android by Nobody: 3:00am On Jul 23, 2017
heard of sqlite

(1) (Reply)

Need Help With Code Igniter - Beginner / Very Urgent / Need A PHP God With Mobile App Knowledge.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.