Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,233 members, 7,818,782 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

Geo Sided Random Selection As A Factor Violating The Application Of The Principl - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Geo Sided Random Selection As A Factor Violating The Application Of The Principl (292 Views)

Top Presidency Aides Denied Access To Aso Villa After Violating NCDC Guidelines / I Will Address Issues Of Lop-sided Appointments, Insecurity - Buhari / Geo Sided Random Selection As A Factor Violating The Application Of The Principl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Geo Sided Random Selection As A Factor Violating The Application Of The Principl by Ajiboye2000(m): 4:15pm On Jul 21, 2017
GEO SIDED RANDOM SELECTION AS A FACTOR VIOLATING THE APPLICATION OF THE PRINCIPLE OF MERITS SELECTION.
Patriotic Citizens of Nigeria!!! I personally have come to realize that any where been required of you to fill in your State of origin,L.G.A,Town and Religions is not only for the purpose of Bio-data information but for them to consider these factors before appointment.
This term "Merit Selection" is a major characteristics of Max Weber(1920) Bureaucratic Principle. For a proper effective and efficient administration, merit selection can't be eluded in appointing and recruiting Personnel. Simply put, merit selection is all about considering candidates base on their educational qualifications,working experience amongst other related merit criteria. Conclusively, merit selection has nothing to do with our State, L.G.A,Town,Religion and ethnic background. I'm not proofing that these bio-data requirement are not important but very essential and sensitive. In Nigeria of today, viewing it from the realistic point, these requirement are now being misconstrued.
Examining a practical illustration; 30 applicants are applying for the post of Administrative Officers with 10 vacancies, in the real sense,if their bio data is irrelevant, I'm assuring you that the selection will be based on merit considering their CGPA, but in otherwise case where States, L.G.A,Town, Religion are included it will now serve as the tool of favouring the applicants based on this requirements. It is this instance that I will refer to as "GEO SIDED RANDOM SELECTION" which is to be defined as "The act of appointing,recruiting, selecting candidates based on their States, L.G.A,Town,Religious, Race and Ethnic group". GEO SIDED RANDOM SELECTION has been into practice since the pre colonial era in Nigeria, MERIT SELECTION existence in Nigeria is few and rare.
The issue of GEO SIDED SELECTION is for us to trace back to the rudimentary and fundamental practice of Merits Selection in Nigeria as propounded by the Great Erudite Scholar, Max Weber in 1922 in his work "The Theory of Social and Economic Organization where this so called merits selection is a salient characteristics of Weberian Model of Bureaucracy.
Before corruption can be eroded away in our society, we need managerial reformation in our undertakings in our immediate surroundings.
Conclusively, I'm urging the So called Nigerians regardless of your strata to strictly adhere to the principles, fundamentals of Merit Selection.
Thanks, I remain Oluwatosin Oyewole Ajiboye.

(1) (Reply)

2018 Budget Ready To Be Sent To NASS In October 2017 – FG / Stop Disrupting Campaigns - Ipob Orders Members. / In A Country: Suspected Thugs Invade Kogi Assembly, Batter Lawmaker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.