Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,990 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

How Do Southern Nigerians Manage To Coup With Their Northern Counterparts? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Do Southern Nigerians Manage To Coup With Their Northern Counterparts? (739 Views)

Sen. Sheu Sani Reacts To Coup In Mali / Today Is January 15,Anniversary Of First Coup With Ethnic Murder / Philip Effiong: Ironsi Exposed My Dad To Coup Plotters - Ojukwu’s Deputy’s Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do Southern Nigerians Manage To Coup With Their Northern Counterparts? by alanka(f): 4:32pm On Jul 21, 2017
Something I am very sure about a northen man is that a northern man does not go out without a weapon.

All northern man I have ever seen here even since my childhood would have one kind of weapon or the other on him.

So, those who know this and find themselves in a gathering with them how do they feel? Do they feel secure sitting beside their countrymen? Do they feel saved clamoring or championing a cause that is inverse relationship with interest of large northerners in a gathering?

Can some say that well, the action and decision I took in that gathering is not the best but I just want to feel safe, So, I support our northern brothers.

As for me, anytime I see a northern man all I see is daggar, knife, sword...these are what my eyes kept seeing on them several years and I can never believe that they do not go out with weapons again.

There was this particular issue that I witnessed one southerner bought sokudaye (it is one kind alcoholic liquid) one thing led to the other between both of them and immediately this northern guy deepened his hand in his cloth and brought out daggar, people around started begging him he did not agree less than 10 minutes, they came out in batch as if they had been waiting for the occasion all of them with all kinds of weapons. In my life I can never forget that day.

A friend of mine who did his youth service in the north when he came back from orientation camp, he was lamenting he did not want to go back to the north, asked why? He said that place is too dangerous every northern man you meet in the streets, market, school will have one kind of weapon or the other on him..I do not have confidence to go out alone, if others don't go out I don't too due to fear of all these people and their weapons

Can we claim the north and the south have same or closed norms? Do they have or should they have life to share together in future...as for me I have many condemable things against north.
Re: How Do Southern Nigerians Manage To Coup With Their Northern Counterparts? by walepackage(m): 4:46pm On Jul 21, 2017
@op,were and whats the name of the states you have lived or living that culminate to this generalization that they all carry weapon(s)?.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Southern Nigerians Manage To Coup With Their Northern Counterparts? by alanka(f): 6:43pm On Jul 21, 2017
walepackage:
@op,were ad whats the name of the states you have lived or living that culminate to this generalization that they all carry weapon(s)?.
What I am very sure of is that in environment I grew up, all the shoe makers, tailors, sellers of all kinds of things those hawking and in shop usually have weapons with them.

It does matter what state?

I try as much as possible to avoid them...

1 Like

Re: How Do Southern Nigerians Manage To Coup With Their Northern Counterparts? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jul 21, 2017
I cannot describe the level of your lies. I mean it, I cannot describe it.

The only people that go away with knife in the north are drug abusers people taking the Sukudaye you just mention.

And the population of the drug abusers is 0.7% of the northern population.

But a shameless uneducated liar like the 0.p will waste her free Mtn megabytes by creating senseless thread rather than utilizing it for progressive posts.

1 Like

Re: How Do Southern Nigerians Manage To Coup With Their Northern Counterparts? by walepackage(m): 7:22pm On Jul 21, 2017
alanka:
What I am very sure of is that in environment I grew up, all the shoe makers, tailors, sellers of all kinds of things those hawking and in shop usually have weapons with them.

Re: How Do Southern Nigerians Manage To Coup With Their Northern Counterparts? by walepackage(m): 7:31pm On Jul 21, 2017
alanka:

but in ur previous post u paint it as if they are all threat or weapon carriers,well i have live and been to many northern states without been harased or threating.However,their are yandaba,sukasara,ecomong boys and so on,just as their are different badboys in the south or east.So let not post misguided information,so that u wunt create phobia for strangers who intend to come in the nearest future.Tanx

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do Southern Nigerians Manage To Coup With Their Northern Counterparts? by alanka(f): 7:36pm On Jul 21, 2017
walepackage:
but in ur previous post u paint it as if they are all threat or weapon carriers,well i have live and been to many northern states without been harased or threating.However,their are yandaba,sukasara,ecomong boys and so on,just as their are different badboys in the south or east.So let not post misguided information,so that u wunt create phobia for strangers who intend to come in the nearest future.Tanx
if that is how you interpreted it well it is good for you.

I am talking about those who I have come across expecislly during my teenage days.

And I used a friend who served in the north as an example. Have seen northerners who do not carry weapons? Good but how do you know they do not carry weapons ? Do you check under their cloths, bag...perhaps, they are changing thesr days but that is what I know them to be and that is what I always remember about them.
Re: How Do Southern Nigerians Manage To Coup With Their Northern Counterparts? by walepackage(m): 7:47pm On Jul 21, 2017
alanka:
if that is how you interpreted it well it is good for you.

I am talking about those who I have come across expecislly during my teenage days.

And I used a friend who served in the north as an example. Have seen northerners who do not carry weapons? Good but how do you know they do not carry weapons ? Do you check under their cloths, bag...perhaps, they are changing thesr days but that is what I know them to be and that is what I always remember about them.
so judging from what u said,just a small portion out of the percentage or random northern guys u have meet now give u the justification of what u post.I sugest u read ur first post again,u shouldnt have generalize,cos have lived for long wit them,even in the core north,those action that u put up there is not exhibit by many of them.Pls,lets be fair and honest on anything we type on net cos"internet those not forget".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do Southern Nigerians Manage To Coup With Their Northern Counterparts? by Dedetwo(m): 7:57pm On Jul 21, 2017
This is not a new story. The northerners are known to carry daggers on them. Even the herdsmen carry AK47 or any other assault weapon openly.
Re: How Do Southern Nigerians Manage To Coup With Their Northern Counterparts? by chinoxstock: 8:24pm On Jul 21, 2017
I often wonder why fulani herdsmen carry guns... what are the guns for?
S hoemakers carry dagger and knives...

Somebody is teaching them to be terrorists from an early age..too bad.
Re: How Do Southern Nigerians Manage To Coup With Their Northern Counterparts? by alanka(f): 8:27pm On Jul 21, 2017
walepackage:
so judging from what u said,just a small portion out of the percentage or random northern guys u have meet now give u the justification of what u post.I sugest u read ur first post again,u shouldnt have generalize,cos have lived for long wit them,even in the core north,those action that u put up there is not exhibit by many of them.Pls,lets be fair and honest on anything we type on net cos"internet those not forget".
if I have met 10 of them along the line then I am talking about the 10. I mean all the ten carry weapons around.

So if you have met 10 and bases on you experience you can claim non carry weapons around.

So, I generalize it on all that I met along the line through a selected period of time and I said all of them and I am still saying it all of them if you are one of them but you don't go around with weapons is good for you.

All the ten northerners I have met all carry weapons I generalize it all them all.

What about you tell me your experience ...if it is otherwise then it is good for them.

If I select 10 balls as sample and all the 10 sample balls are black what we I say in my report?

Does it means all the balls in the basket are black? No! But it is easier and more reasonable for me to assume that all the ball in the basket are blacket rather than blue
Re: How Do Southern Nigerians Manage To Coup With Their Northern Counterparts? by walepackage(m): 8:54pm On Jul 21, 2017
@op,scientificaly what u post is wrong,the subject matter is "man" which the social action of man cannot be study with a fixed variable just like that of a non living thing u mentioned above(ball),due to the dynamism of man and the complexity that goes wit it.So goin back to ur analogy of using ur childhood experience to juxtapose a whole part of country is unempirical as u claim,becos no way a sample that those not have a fair proportion of the larger percentage of the study accepted as a basis for theory or generalization.

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING!!! Biafrexit: FG Bans Civil Servants From Taking Photos With Kanu / Our Nigeria: Our New Flag And Coat Of Arm / What Has Buhari Done? .........eric Morgan)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.