Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,109 members, 7,818,307 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

Vacancies At The International Committee Of The Red Cross (ICRC) - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Vacancies At The International Committee Of The Red Cross (ICRC) (21348 Views)

International Committee Of The Red Cross (ICRC) Traineeship 2019 / Latest Vacancies At The International Committee Of The Red Cross (ICRC) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vacancies At The International Committee Of The Red Cross (ICRC) by babadee1(m): 8:51pm On Jul 21, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Shame on Red Cross

For thinking this country belongs to the Hausas.
Why should speaking Hausa be a criteria for a supposed multinational job in the Country's capital from an International organization?

We need a referendum abeg.
Our mumu don do!!!

The jobs are focused on Borno area. Speaking Yoruba, Ibo or Ijaw will not help you in that place.
Re: Vacancies At The International Committee Of The Red Cross (ICRC) by Uzyvicks(f): 8:53pm On Jul 21, 2017
Chai borno oooo oooo o. Welcome to sambisa
Re: Vacancies At The International Committee Of The Red Cross (ICRC) by Bapy(m): 9:13pm On Jul 21, 2017
djlaqua91:

Biko Use your sense. They need it because Abuja is a base that will operate form to launch their humanitarian efforts up North. What use will be Efik or Yoruba when they venture into Borno, Jos, Yobe etc.

Same will apply for a Red cross job in the east or west. Not everything is tribalism. Grow up and impact positively to this world

Edit : just saw the individual sef. I wasted my words grin
Jos keh?
Re: Vacancies At The International Committee Of The Red Cross (ICRC) by djlaqua91(m): 9:16pm On Jul 21, 2017
[quote author=Bapy post=58700113]Jos keh?[/quote

Yes, Jos. Do you know frequent communal crises with Fulani arises? Though I used it as a Northern example
Re: Vacancies At The International Committee Of The Red Cross (ICRC) by Icaretoo: 9:19pm On Jul 21, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Shame on Red Cross

Why should speaking Hausa be a criteria for a supposed multinational job in the Country's capital from an International organization?

Our mumu don do!!!

the reason is simply because the said individual will be interacting with mainly locals of area and such that their will not be a bridge in communication. mind u also that most NGO jobs are rural area inclined so it is very important that the individual should have at least intermediate knowledge of the local language of the host community
Re: Vacancies At The International Committee Of The Red Cross (ICRC) by wristbangle: 9:30pm On Jul 21, 2017
Who wan die? Borno ke?
shocked
Re: Vacancies At The International Committee Of The Red Cross (ICRC) by danny34(m): 12:23am On Jul 22, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Shame on Red Cross

Our mumu don do!!!

You need to speak Hausa or Kanuri because you will be working in the field, in a community that speaks those 2 languages. How would you interact with them if they can't hear you.

Development work is about the people, you need to be seen as part of them to make an impact.

If these job was in the west or east, speaking the local language fluently will still be a requirement.

Programs is different from admin and finance who are office based, while program is field base.

1 Like

Re: Vacancies At The International Committee Of The Red Cross (ICRC) by Hurrsome: 12:43am On Jul 22, 2017
Are you confident and energetic?
Are you unemployed, self employed or employed by any other means but you just have some free time to make extra cash?
Are you well a groomed and charismatic salesman or saleswoman?
Are you interested in real estate?

If the above apply to you. Contact me and let me show you how you can earn a comfortable stream of six to seven figure income in real estate just talking and selling. All done in your free time.

Call or text 09077576133, WhatsApp: 07086750220
Email: Ebunlijadu@gmail.com

Note: For serious minded persons only
Re: Vacancies At The International Committee Of The Red Cross (ICRC) by Nobody: 5:18am On Jul 22, 2017
beautyandbrain:

I think it's because Hausas and English are enemies...85% of them can't speak/understand English. And it is the Hausa states that need the services of Red Cross more.
enemy kwa? sometimes peasant kanuris and fulanis dont even understand hausa the lingua franca of their domain.
Re: Vacancies At The International Committee Of The Red Cross (ICRC) by olujinmisamson1(m): 5:37am On Jul 22, 2017
Boost your financial status,Do you have Driver licence? Are you currently in Lagos city, Drive with Uber and Earn weekly allowances.. call or whatsapp 08054720881.
Thank me later.. grin
Re: Vacancies At The International Committee Of The Red Cross (ICRC) by emekaRaj(m): 7:33am On Jul 22, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Shame on Red Cross

Our mumu don do!!!

OGA red cross are active were there is crisis like maiduguri, if they take u to maiduguri what language will u speak to d locals their
Re: Vacancies At The International Committee Of The Red Cross (ICRC) by Pylony(m): 8:22am On Jul 22, 2017
This job na North east dem go push person, i no want again. angry
Re: Vacancies At The International Committee Of The Red Cross (ICRC) by omoharry(f): 11:04am On Jul 22, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Shame on Red Cross

Our mumu don do!!!
oga,because the job is located in both Borno and Abuja. It's a requirement needed for easy communication with the locals who might also be people from IDP camps that do not understand English.
Re: Vacancies At The International Committee Of The Red Cross (ICRC) by Bapy(m): 7:34am On Aug 10, 2017
[quote author=djlaqua91 post=58700175][/quote]yeah not a lie
Re: Vacancies At The International Committee Of The Red Cross (ICRC) by SmartJobs(m): 4:34am On Aug 23, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Shame on Red Cross

Our mumu don do!!!

Please, calm down!
Re: Vacancies At The International Committee Of The Red Cross (ICRC) by lunacol(m): 7:11am On Aug 23, 2017
MykOnyxo:

the workers will be dealing with local Hausas na.. and u know say many Hausa people especially for bornu no sabi English even pidgin..

modified:
I dey explain? I no even no say na NwaOmoEpe I quote sef
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.

The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Port Harcourt Sub Delegation is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below:

Position: First Aid Field Officer

Main Responsibilities
* Ensures that casualties during emergencies receive a timely, impartial and effective immediate assistance by responders acting in security, guided by basic humanitarian values and principles, and part of an effective emergency response system adapted to needs and local realities
* Facilitate the implementation of the ICRC/NRCS First Aid program in Rivers, Delta, Bayelsa, Enugu and Anambra states in line with the developed frame including financial and security stipulations
* Contribute to the identification of the beneficiaries and the values ICRC can add to improve the emergency response from the scenes of the emergency till the referral further care
* Implement, monitor and evaluate references and activities according to objectives, plans of actions and resources available
* Actively participates in the planning and overall implementation of the First Aid activities including the monitoring and follow-up.
* Provides written reports with recommendations following all First Aid training programs.

Required Qualifications
* Strong knowledge in First Aid or health degree
* 3-4 years professional experience in similar field activity
* Ability to create a focused learning environment at all levels and to adapt teaching to different audiences
* Good command of written and spoken English
* Good computer skills, good command of standard software and knowledge of internet search
* Good knowledge of geographically assigned environment. No native language given as criteria but for north native language was given as criteria. undecided
Re: Vacancies At The International Committee Of The Red Cross (ICRC) by Nobody: 9:53pm On Aug 23, 2017
lunacol:
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.

The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Port Harcourt Sub Delegation is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below:

Position: First Aid Field Officer

Main Responsibilities
* Ensures that casualties during emergencies receive a timely, impartial and effective immediate assistance by responders acting in security, guided by basic humanitarian values and principles, and part of an effective emergency response system adapted to needs and local realities
* Facilitate the implementation of the ICRC/NRCS First Aid program in Rivers, Delta, Bayelsa, Enugu and Anambra states in line with the developed frame including financial and security stipulations
* Contribute to the identification of the beneficiaries and the values ICRC can add to improve the emergency response from the scenes of the emergency till the referral further care
* Implement, monitor and evaluate references and activities according to objectives, plans of actions and resources available
* Actively participates in the planning and overall implementation of the First Aid activities including the monitoring and follow-up.
* Provides written reports with recommendations following all First Aid training programs.

Required Qualifications
* Strong knowledge in First Aid or health degree
* 3-4 years professional experience in similar field activity
* Ability to create a focused learning environment at all levels and to adapt teaching to different audiences
* Good command of written and spoken English
* Good computer skills, good command of standard software and knowledge of internet search
* Good knowledge of geographically assigned environment. No native language given as criteria but for north native language was given as criteria. undecided

Alaye, I no fit argue with you seeing especially that you didn't understand my post nor the basis of my explanation. By the way, Its been long post that sef, Thanks for reminding me that I once made such witty comment

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help Me Get A Job And I'l Marry You If You Wish. / Tabor Energy Solutions Fresh Graduate Trainee Program / My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.