Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,433 members, 7,954,723 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:58 AM

Comment - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Comment (941 Views)

Chimamanda's Comment About The Caine Prize Angers Writer / Plz Naira Fam, Comment On My Story...its Fiction And The First I've Written. / New Comment On The Book "21st Century Joseph" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Comment by ec3l(m): 11:25pm On Feb 05, 2010
George Bernard Shaw once wrote
" there are 2 tragedies in life, 1 is to get all ur heart desire and the other is not to get them"
I think Shaw was right. U might want to ask how achieving one's dream may be tragic.
Well, as we strive to achieve our heart's dreams and cravings; money, fame, popularity, things we feel will make our lives better, We take for granted the little things around us like friends, family, love. Things so pure, so beautiful that they make us complete, things we already have. And at the end of day, when the city is asleep and its fantasies gone, we seek for true friendship. When the sex is over and our body is weak, deep down in our hearts we long to be loved. When the pleasures of the good life is laid to rest, when its dark and quiet and we're alone, we need family.
And all of a sudden, we experience moments of truth and clarity, we discover we've been hanging with the wrong crowds, been fighting for the wrong dreams, so we loose our happiness, we drift into emptiness, we become shallow. That is tragic, but we never learn. We'd do it all over again.
Kasie.
Re: Comment by EveStatton: 9:20am On Jun 22, 2020
This information means a lot for me. As i want to become a businessman and this is so important piece of guidelines that is necessary for me in the business field. So, now you can check seo traffic with the different google tools to identify your website. This china's company info is so great for me i must say. Thanks
Re: Comment by adamusa0106: 8:36am On Jul 01, 2023
I believe that with the information you share, it will bring a lot of value to the readers route planner and I hope that they will absorb the good and useful things.

(1) (Reply)

An E-class Phone Application For Secondary School Students / Time,our Greatest Enemy-a Poem By Linusclark..plz critics...plz / How To Make Your Book A Bestseller In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.