Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,992 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:25 PM

Detected...see The Reason A Mosquito Bites Even In The Dark - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Detected...see The Reason A Mosquito Bites Even In The Dark (1055 Views)

Some Education On Dealing With Snake Bites / Oko Poly Students Write Their Test In A Dark Hall (Photo) / FUTA Registrar Bites Clerical Officer During Fight Over Memo (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Detected...see The Reason A Mosquito Bites Even In The Dark by HAKKINS(f): 10:50pm On Jul 21, 2017
Mosquitoes use a triple threat of visual, olfactory, and thermal cues to home in on their human targets, a new Caltech study suggests. Photo credit: iStock Are you dousing your skin with bug repellents and lighting citronella candles to keep mosquitoes away? These efforts may keep them at bay for a while, but no solution is perfect because mosquitoes have evolved to use a triple threat of visual, olfactory, and thermal cues to home in on their human targets, a new Caltech study suggests. The study appears in the July 17 online version of the journal Current Biology. When an adult female mosquito needs a blood meal to feed her young, she searches for a host — often a human. Many insects, mosquitoes included, are attracted by the odor of the carbon dioxide (CO2) gas that humans and other animals naturally exhale. However, mosquitoes can also pick up other cues that signal a human is nearby. They use their vision to spot a host and thermal sensory information to detect body hea
Re: Detected...see The Reason A Mosquito Bites Even In The Dark by ipobarecriminals: 11:03pm On Jul 21, 2017
odor or not, mosq wey go suck ur blood go do.

2 Likes

Re: Detected...see The Reason A Mosquito Bites Even In The Dark by Ever8054: 11:17pm On Jul 21, 2017
op I beg I am having malaria right now,cutesy of mosquito I don't want to here about them pls. ..

1 Like

Re: Detected...see The Reason A Mosquito Bites Even In The Dark by MasterKim: 11:46pm On Jul 21, 2017
Chai! I don suffer.
My integrated science teacher for junior sch talk say mosquitos wey dey sing for night no dey drink blood say dem be male and na leaf dem dey chop. He talk say na only d black and white female dey chop pesin. Na so I gallant, if mosquito make noise for my ear, I go smile say e no fit chop me. If I see am for my body sef, I go talk say na rest e dey rest.
My brodas my sistas, if u epp me see Mr Williams abeg contact me

4 Likes

Re: Detected...see The Reason A Mosquito Bites Even In The Dark by Walehelt(m): 11:51pm On Jul 21, 2017
MasterKim:
Chai! I don suffer.
My integrated science teacher for junior sch talk say mosquitos wey dey sing for night no dey drink blood say dem be male and na leaf dem dey chop. He talk say na only d black and white female dey chop pesin. Na so I gallant, if mosquito make noise for my ear, I go smile say e no fit chop me. If I see am for my body sef, I go talk say na rest e dey rest.

It is well with you bro grin

1 Like

Re: Detected...see The Reason A Mosquito Bites Even In The Dark by Edopesin: 11:55pm On Jul 21, 2017
MasterKim:
Chai! I don suffer.
Gawd Will Judge Mr Williams Nor Worry grin

(1) (Reply)

The Cut Off Marks For The Unity Schools 2017 Is Out. / Thinking Of Applying To UK Or US Universities? -get An Essay/cv Review / The Newest Prof In University Of Benin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.