Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,101 members, 7,835,712 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

How To Make a Tasty Nkwobi (Cow Foot Recipe) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Make a Tasty Nkwobi (Cow Foot Recipe) (1383 Views)

Quick Easy Recipe To Make A Tasty Fish Roll / How To Cook The Best Nkwobi Cow Leg In Nigeria! / How To Prepare Spicy Nkwobi (cow Foot Sauce) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Make a Tasty Nkwobi (Cow Foot Recipe) by vinegurl(f): 2:29am On Jul 22, 2017
http://www.jotscroll.com/forums/15/posts/113/nkwobi-how-to-prepare-nkwobi-cow-foot-.html

There are different ways to prepare cow foot; one of such ways is to make it into spicy dish which is also called nkwobi. Nkwobi can be enjoyed at any time of the day,; either with beer or with soft drink.

Nkwobi is a popular Igbo traditional food mostly served as a side dish or desert, it is a very delicious meal and many people love it; however, it’s simply a cow foot dish prepared in spicy palm oil and mixed spices. This delicious Nigerian dish is usually prepared with cow leg, using the same method and recipe for Isi ewu, but you can use beef, chicken or goat meat to make another version of nkwobi, they all taste good.

Ingredients for making nkwobi:

1. 1 kg of Cow foot (cut into sizeable pieces)
2. 3 Ehuru seeds (Calabash Nutmegs)
3. 1 tablespoon of edible potash (Akanwu/Kaun)
4. 2 tablespoons of ground crayfish
5. 3 cooking spoons of palm Oil
6. 4 pieces of habanero Peppers (Atarodo), you can add more if you want it it spicy
7. 1 medium onion
8. 2 seasoning cubes
9. Salt to taste
10. 1 medium onion for garnishing of nkwobi
11. 8 pieces of utazi leaves to garnish nkwobi

This recipe is commonly refers to as cow foot pepper soup or cow leg stew hence, it is very rich and mouth watery if prepared well and it serves well during cold weather.
Learn how to make this spicy cow foot in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfYPiQa94BI

1 Like

Re: How To Make a Tasty Nkwobi (Cow Foot Recipe) by SolexxBarry(m): 3:25am On Jul 22, 2017
Hmm I just realized I'm hungry all of a sudden cheesy

1 Like

Re: How To Make a Tasty Nkwobi (Cow Foot Recipe) by vinegurl(f): 8:54pm On Jul 23, 2017
SolexxBarry:
Hmm I just realized I'm hungry all of a sudden cheesy
Lol! Food is ready for you here

(1) (Reply)

What I Eat In A Day | To Lose Weight | Nigerian Diet / Earn Commissions As You Sell Snails For Us / Unrefined Shea Butter Ready For Export

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.