Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,942 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

Cause And Effect Meditation - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Cause And Effect Meditation (1100 Views)

Bbnaija Effect / Top 20 MFM Personal Prayers That Can Cause The Fall Of The Enemy / 6 Bad Habits Christians Have To Drop With Immediate Effect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cause And Effect Meditation by manikal: 6:38am On Jul 22, 2017
Concentration produces STRONG attention. But the key is , where does your ATTENTION LIE?
If you knew the soil would grow any seed[thought] no matter how bad you were or are. What would you plant??

Obviously, the very best. And the very best thought has to be LOVE OR GRATITUDE for the Original CAUSE or popular know as GOD.
'Love thy Lord With all thy HEART[Emotional brain], AND ALL THY MIND[Logical Brain] - Even the bible acknowledges the existence of two brains. We use the logical brain to enter the realm of feeling - In this case , a feeling of gratitude for ALL THAT IS.

This contemplation can be done absolutely anywhere. In fact, the crowded areas are even more favorable.

No much talk , practice makes perfect

- Steady yourself with a couple of deep breaths.
- Observe everything you see , physically and mentally [thought]
- Ask yourself, is this cause or effect?
- Then mentally follow the effect down to its root.
- As you get better , slowly start QUESTIONING every thought to know its CAUSE.

Here is a brief example from my thought process.

- The wooden chair i sit upon flashes through my mind
- So i hold it as my meditation
- First off all , i consider chairs and the hard comfort it is providing me right now.
- Considering what this chair really is next
- First off , i consider ALL THE PEOPLE involved in the process. From cutting the tree , to transporting it , to even those that built roads which were used to transport them. I also consider THERE LINEAGES till the very first which HAD TO COME FROM GOD or FIRST CAUSE.
- Next , i consider all the NATURAL MIRACLES involved in the process. The ORIGINAL SEED , the WONDERS OF THE SOIL , THE EFFECT OF RAIN AND SUN ON THE GROWTH OF THIS TREE. Consequently i have to contemplate the Sun and the earth and the rain to fully see the life of this chair.
- This us just an example and i have not even started considering the other aspects of the chair like TECHNOLOGY INVOLVED which obviously attracts contemplation about INTELLIGENCE. Be creative with it. Think about the WHOLE CHAIR , WITH ALL THE PARTS. NAILS , EVERYTHING.

It must not necessarily be a chair. This is just to give your intellect an idea of how to use mental association to understand the magnificence of the First Cause.

As you progress , start doing this to HUMANS AS WELL. Try to view the CAUSE not the EFFECT.

Mr A : Stupid girl
Self Aware Girl : What is speaking? Thoughts obviously!
Why do they form together to call me stupid?
Would the ORIGINAL THOUGHT or FIRST CAUSE call me stupid?
No , Obviously. Therefore this particular THOUGHT PROCESS MUST BE MALFUNCTIONING[or ignorant] and the ONLY WAY i can help him is to PRAY THAT he comes to his senses or comes to KNOW.

Matt 5:44
But i Tell you , Love your enemies , and pray for those who persecute you, that you MAY be SONS of your FATHER in heaven.

2 Likes

Re: Cause And Effect Meditation by menxer: 7:01am On Jul 22, 2017
Try that in "enhanced" mode, you will know better.

If you didn't see yourself as the chair (tree), your mind is not free yet to see the whole picture from inside.

1 Like

Re: Cause And Effect Meditation by manikal: 9:58am On Jul 22, 2017
menxer:

If you didn't see yourself as the chair (tree), your mind is not free yet to see the whole picture from inside.

There is a time for everything
Re: Cause And Effect Meditation by Wilgrea7(m): 12:39pm On Jul 22, 2017
following
Re: Cause And Effect Meditation by oaroloye(m): 3:16pm On Jul 23, 2017
SHALOM!

manikal:
Concentration produces STRONG attention. But the key is , where does your ATTENTION LIE?
If you knew the soil would grow any seed[thought] no matter how bad you were or are. What would you plant??

Obviously, the very best. And the very best thought has to be LOVE OR GRATITUDE for the Original CAUSE or popular know as GOD.
'Love thy Lord With all thy HEART[Emotional brain], AND ALL THY MIND[Logical Brain] - Even the bible acknowledges the existence of two brains. We use the logical brain to enter the realm of feeling - In this case , a feeling of gratitude for ALL THAT IS.

This contemplation can be done absolutely anywhere. In fact, the crowded areas are even more favorable.

- First off all , i consider chairs and the hard comfort it is providing me right now.
- First off , i consider ALL THE PEOPLE involved in the process. From cutting the tree , to transporting it , to even those that built roads which were used to transport them. I also consider THERE LINEAGES till the very first which HAD TO COME FROM GOD or FIRST CAUSE.
- Next , i consider all the NATURAL MIRACLES involved in the process. The ORIGINAL SEED , the WONDERS OF THE SOIL , THE EFFECT OF RAIN AND SUN ON THE GROWTH OF THIS TREE. Consequently i have to contemplate the Sun and the earth and the rain to fully see the life of this chair.
- This us just an example and i have not even started considering the other aspects of the chair like TECHNOLOGY INVOLVED which obviously attracts contemplation about INTELLIGENCE. Be creative with it. Think about the WHOLE CHAIR , WITH ALL THE PARTS. NAILS , EVERYTHING.

It must not necessarily be a chair. This is just to give your intellect an idea of how to use mental association to understand the magnificence of the First Cause.

As you progress , start doing this to HUMANS AS WELL. Try to view the CAUSE not the EFFECT.

No , Obviously. Therefore this particular THOUGHT PROCESS MUST BE MALFUNCTIONING[or ignorant] and the ONLY WAY i can help him is to PRAY THAT he comes to his senses or comes to KNOW.

But i Tell you , Love your enemies , and pray for those who persecute you, that you MAY be SONS of your FATHER in heaven.

ALAS.

This is NOT "MEDITATION," but IDOLATRY.

See how it is REALLY done.
Re: Cause And Effect Meditation by manikal: 3:42pm On Jul 23, 2017
oaroloye:
SHALOM!

ALAS.

This is NOT "MEDITATION," but IDOLATRY.

See how it is REALLY done.

Okay oh. Thank you for your opinion
Re: Cause And Effect Meditation by Deicide: 3:47pm On Jul 23, 2017
I get distracted a lot making it hard for me to meditate

1 Like

Re: Cause And Effect Meditation by manikal: 3:54pm On Jul 23, 2017
Deicide:
Deicide:

Here's a tip : try to hear how the voice distracting you sounds like. Does it sound masculine or feminine? Deep bass or tenor??

All in all , use your ears and try to hear how your thoughts SOUND like. You'll immediately settle and can continue your meditation
Re: Cause And Effect Meditation by Deicide: 4:11pm On Jul 23, 2017
manikal:

Here's a tip : try to hear how the voice distracting you sounds like. Does it sound masculine or feminine? Deep bass or tenor??

All in all , use your ears and try to hear how your thoughts SOUND like. You'll immediately settle and can continue your meditation
I didn't say sounds do distract me, if i try to meditate i start remembering things i have to get back to things i have to complete things i have to do etc
Re: Cause And Effect Meditation by manikal: 4:24pm On Jul 23, 2017
Deicide:

I didn't say sounds do distract me, if i try to meditate i start remembering things i have to get back to things i have to complete things i have to do etc

exactly. listen to that thing trying to remind you of all these things. That is the way to bring attention to your thought process
If you claim it is not a sound then how do you hear those thoughts
Re: Cause And Effect Meditation by Deicide: 4:27pm On Jul 23, 2017
manikal:

exactly. listen to that thing trying to remind you of all these things. That is the way to bring attention to your thought process
If you claim it is not a sound then how do you hear those thoughts
Hmm good point well i guess the sound is my own voice in my head

1 Like

Re: Cause And Effect Meditation by manikal: 4:40pm On Jul 23, 2017
Deicide:

Hmm good point well i guess the sound is my own voice in my head

exactly. it is good you came to the realization by yourself. Now when you try to hear your thoughts for the first time , you'll discover pure silence and notice that this silence has a sound. just continue following this inner sound until it takes you back home
Re: Cause And Effect Meditation by Deicide: 4:47pm On Jul 23, 2017
manikal:

exactly. it is good you came to the realization by yourself. Now when you try to hear your thoughts for the first time , you'll discover pure silence and notice that this silence has a sound. just continue following this inner sound until it takes you back home
will it clear my head?
Re: Cause And Effect Meditation by manikal: 4:51pm On Jul 23, 2017
Deicide:

will it clear my head?

Totally. you'll become so present in the NOW that you'd even forget you had a body
Re: Cause And Effect Meditation by ScienceWatch: 5:07pm On Jul 23, 2017
manikal:

Aaah !! this topic is so refreshing. Your ideas on meditation are very powerful while at the same time you teach practitioners the importance of protecting their spirits from the serious spiritual dangers connected to most forms of meditation especially the meditations taught by
pastor Bronchitis Oaroloye. Meditation opens one up to demonic attacks if the first cause, Jesus, God, love is not a large part of it.

Never include ideas from FICTIONAL HOAXES such as Criminal Scientology, Drug induced Nagualism, Celestine Prophecy and Lapsom Rampa. IT IS DANGEROUS EVEN IF THE NARRATIVE APPEARS REAL. Satan can appear as light, but your experience will be very dark.

Well done Manikal !!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cause And Effect Meditation by manikal: 3:46pm On Oct 10, 2017
menxer:

hmmm , you have a point though
Re: Cause And Effect Meditation by menxer: 6:36pm On Oct 11, 2017
manikal:

hmmm , you have a point though
So it took you 13 weeks to see the point?
better late than never.

As you said, there is time for everything.

Some people are too myopic or scared to contemplate certain things, as it will scramble what they were made to accept as truth.

I put up an article about the monetization of social media, which was deleted. Why? Because it violated the accepted conventional norms by questioning what we hold sacrosanct.

Now that you have seen yourself in the chair and as the tree, Meditate on the Trinity and why there is no female gender there, yet we pray God's will be done on earth as in heaven.

As for the article, check my signature.
Re: Cause And Effect Meditation by manikal: 8:10pm On Oct 11, 2017
menxer:

So it took you 13 weeks to see the point?
better late than never.

As you said, there is time for everything.

Some people are too myopic or scared to contemplate certain things, as it will scramble what they were made to accept as truth.

I put up an article about the monetization of social media, which was deleted. Why? Because it violated the accepted conventional norms by questioning what we hold sacrosanct.

Now that you have seen yourself in the chair and as the tree, Meditate on the Trinity and why there is no female gender there, yet we pray God's will be done on earth as in heaven.

As for the article, check my signature.

You must have misunderstood me. I was reviewing this topic and saw your comment in a new light.
The fundamental question is Who are You?
Who is this person seeing himself as a wood and a tree?
Who is this person that should meditate on the word trinity?

There has to be a separate I (ego) that feels distinct and needs to do things. I am not the ego (and neither are you) and can only BE.
Re: Cause And Effect Meditation by menxer: 8:31pm On Oct 11, 2017
manikal:

You must have misunderstood me. I was reviewing this topic and saw your comment in a new light.
The fundamental question is Who are You?
Who is this person seeing himself as a wood and a tree?
Who is this person that should meditate on the word trinity?

There has to be a separate I (ego) that feels distinct and needs to do things. I am not the ego (and neither are you) and can only BE.

Ego is not the word to use, try Consciousness.

Is the tree a living thing?
Does living things have consciousness?
Does the tree have consciousness at its level of existence?

It is the Ego that makes us think we are different or superior to the tree and other living things or beings. Yet when we look at our DNA and the tree's DNA it's the same.
How then are we different or superior, when we share the same DNA buildings blocks - nucleotides?

The Bible talks about Jacob's ladder that links to heaven, can you see any correlation between that and the DNA?

@bolded, that is exactly what I meant, I didn't misunderstood you.

@underlined, that is what is expected of the consciousness manifesting as manikal to attempt. Not just the word but the concept as presented by the Church.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cause And Effect Meditation by mimopel(f): 12:08am On Oct 12, 2017
Good evening....we have Christian WhatsApp group for single brothers n singles...where will come together to pray study the word of God, co unsel one another on wat God wants in a Godly relationship and those who want to find their spouse can find a Godly spouse...if u are interested pls send ur WhatsApp number to my direct mail mimopel450@yahoo com

Or WhatsApp Daniel 08038261313....to book an interview God bless us

U can also quote this post with ur number
Re: Cause And Effect Meditation by manikal: 1:43am On Oct 12, 2017
menxer:

Ego is not the word to use, try Consciousness.

Is the tree a living thing?
Does living things have consciousness?
Does the tree have consciousness at its level of existence?

It is the Ego that makes us think we are different or superior to the tree and other living things or beings. Yet when we look at our DNA and the tree's DNA it's the same.
How then are we different or superior, when we share the same DNA buildings blocks - nucleotides?

The Bible talks about Jacob's ladder that links to heaven, can you see any correlation between that and the DNA?

@bolded, that is exactly what I meant, I didn't misunderstood you.

@underlined, that is what is expected of the consciousness manifesting as manikal to attempt. Not just the word but the concept as presented by the Church.

Exactly. You just spoke the words right out out of my mind

The tree can never be SELF AWARE. That is the beauty of the awareness part of consciousness.
The tree and the 'physical body' of man share the same fundamental DNA on the conscious level but man possesses an extra aspect of consciousness called awareness.

This awareness can be used in 2 ways ;
- To be aware yourself as separate from nature or to eat of the tree of Good and Bad [This is the ego]
- OR to be aware of yourself as one with everything or return to eden [This is the Christ mind or At-one-ment]

You cannot serve two masters as Jesus said. Be ye like children , he also reiterated
Re: Cause And Effect Meditation by manikal: 1:48am On Oct 12, 2017
A baby is also human BUT a baby can never know his true identity consciously.
This is why we need to be Born of water [physical birth] , grow in the world , then go back to that childish state [pure awareness or Born again] so that we can know our true identity.

That is the beauty of duality. You have to ;
- know darkness to know light
- know failure to know success
- know sickness to know health
- know the ego to know God

In the entire creation , only man has the faculties [evolved culture , brain and body parts , space and time] to truly create an ego and transcend it.

God is every man's true identity and God says
- Be Still and know that 'I' am God

(1) (Reply)

Catholic Church Massacre: We Need To Regulate The Funding Of Religious Bodies / 365 Prayer Points You Must Pray Before 2018(free Download) / What Is Wrong With Christianity?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.