Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

Nigerian Law School Expels A Student Few Days To His Bar Final Exams (Photo) - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Law School Expels A Student Few Days To His Bar Final Exams (Photo) (45233 Views)

LAUTECH Students Sign Out In Style After Their Final Exams / Sad!!! Lautech Final Year Student Commits Suicide Days To Exams (photo) / University Of Jos Suspends Female Professor Caught Cheating In Exams (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Law School Expels A Student Few Days To His Bar Final Exams (Photo) by pauladonis(m): 1:54am On Jul 23, 2017
NLTroubleChild:
This is the best news i have heard today, Please keep expelling them during few weeks when they are to graduate, Or better still send Cultists to kill them and throw their bodies into a canal.
More of this please.
He's even an afonja sef with his cone head like The ball used in Rugby grin
This one would surely go back to Ogun state and take over his father Skull Mining business grin

I would call you a bird brain, but if a bird had your brain, it would try to fly sideways... I could eat up a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a smarter statement than that...
At least, nairaland has given everyone the opportunity to be smart behind their laptop or phone screens, all you have to do is to keep your thoughts to yourself...

Ewu.
Re: Nigerian Law School Expels A Student Few Days To His Bar Final Exams (Photo) by Dhotseal(m): 2:23am On Jul 23, 2017
thesicilian:
I like the guy already, he seems like someone with guts, a stubborn person in a good way. He should keep making noise and letting his voice heard. When it is loud enough, the school will have no choice than to reinstate him or face public scrutiny and condemnation.

Lol, bro u do not know the Nigerian Law School.
The question I want to ask is this,
"Was he the only one experiencing the well fair issues?

His purpose for going to Law School was to qualify as a lawyer. Why pay all the prize of studying law for 5 years in school only to blow it just months to Bar Finals?

The Guy has an issue beyond what we have seen. Besides, if he had been rusticated from UI, he was not qualified to apply to the NLS in the first place.

He needed to have sought advise, cos nobody in the history of the NLS had ever won against that Institution.

THE GUY IS NOT A FIT AND PROPER CANDIDATE TO BE CALLED TO THE NIGERIAN BAR.
Re: Nigerian Law School Expels A Student Few Days To His Bar Final Exams (Photo) by Dhotseal(m): 2:28am On Jul 23, 2017
TheLawTheLegal:

As a law student, if you cannot fight for your rights, then you don't have any business being a lawyer.

Bullshit!
Thousands of other law students chose to focus on what they were their for. Now they will become lawyers. He will never be a lawyer in Nigeria. Even if he travels abroad to study law, he will still have the Nigerian law school to contend with. He is a loser simple!
Re: Nigerian Law School Expels A Student Few Days To His Bar Final Exams (Photo) by Sterope(f): 5:46am On Jul 23, 2017
Kayodr Bello has been expelled. He is never coming back to law school until he becomes normal.

Oya bite mesmiley

Michael004:
A coward still ranting. Thinking their opinions count. I wonder how your coward boyfriend will be self. Tufiakwa.
Re: Nigerian Law School Expels A Student Few Days To His Bar Final Exams (Photo) by dingbang(m): 6:01am On Jul 23, 2017
NLTroubleChild:
This is the best news i have heard today, Please keep expelling them during few weeks when they are to graduate, Or better still send Cultists to kill them and throw their bodies into a canal.
More of this please.
This one would surely go back to Ogun state and take over his father Skull Mining business grin
weren't you the kid who failed jamb?
Re: Nigerian Law School Expels A Student Few Days To His Bar Final Exams (Photo) by Teespice(f): 6:12am On Jul 23, 2017
the fear of not being declared "fit and proper" is the beginning of wisdom.
anyhoo, lips sealed.
Re: Nigerian Law School Expels A Student Few Days To His Bar Final Exams (Photo) by Teespice(f): 6:14am On Jul 23, 2017
Amgreat70:

There are better ways and rational ways to fight for ones right ...
Atleast I know law school has a student rep forum or something similar were complains can be made and issues will be sorted out amicably.

the SRC dissociated themselves from him and what he stood for.
Re: Nigerian Law School Expels A Student Few Days To His Bar Final Exams (Photo) by Uricas(m): 6:28am On Jul 23, 2017
[quote author=lawyer post=58728716] Then what happened to this, "If you can't fight for your rights, you wouldn't be able to fight for others right and you have no business being in the faculty of Law''--Prof G.O.S Amadi(late)."?
I will soon leave this country for good because of people like you.
Re: Nigerian Law School Expels A Student Few Days To His Bar Final Exams (Photo) by hardbody: 6:45am On Jul 23, 2017
bbbabes:
You don't fight the government

Law school and council of legal education is not and never was a government in the sense you are using it and yes, you can fight government or anyone else for that matter, just that you may never win but the maxiim still remains 'ubi jus ibi remedium'
Re: Nigerian Law School Expels A Student Few Days To His Bar Final Exams (Photo) by Uricas(m): 6:46am On Jul 23, 2017
TundeHashim:
When fighting wars, u need to select ur battles carefully in order not to be annihilated. I see this as pure foolishness. Now that he's been rusticated, all his colleagues would be his senior at the bar. Y don't u finish law school first, then right millions of petitions against them..

Have you written any petition against your university since you left? Or your school is a perfect one? I'm beginning to figure out why people are moving their family outta Nigeria. They simply don't want their children to reason like you.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Law School Expels A Student Few Days To His Bar Final Exams (Photo) by Victorakats(m): 6:53am On Jul 23, 2017
lawyer:
He is a silly guy. Every student that has passed through the law school knows how strict and difficult the school is in adhering to the principle of being " Fit and Proper" doctrine. Student have been expelled for doing less. All he had to do was wait till he wrote his exams, pass the bar exam, become a Legal practitioner and protest against the welfare conditions of the school as a LAWYER and not Law school student. As a Lawyer he could channel his protest through the Bar association as a lawyer, go to the Judicial council as a Lawyer and recruit more Lawyers to help him out and succeed in his cause. How was he supposed to win a challenge against Senior Advocates of Nigeria, Law professors of over 30 years and the Nigerian Law School as a whole when he is just a Law school Undergrad.

Sometimes all these so called Campus Activists don't know their boundaries. they think the same way they do Aluta in school to cause mayhem and school closure is the same way they can cause Mayhem in professional institutions that issue professional degrees. His expulsion would never be revoked and he has just wasted his parents school fees for nothing.

Don't be in a hurry to conclude... Maybe he will be the first to fight for the rights of others from the law school.
I respect your opinion but I appreciate his courage and determination against so many things many have ignored.
Re: Nigerian Law School Expels A Student Few Days To His Bar Final Exams (Photo) by hardbody: 6:56am On Jul 23, 2017
Dhotseal:

Lol, bro u do not know the Nigerian Law School.
The question I want to ask is this,
"Was he the only one experiencing the well fair issues?

His purpose for going to Law School was to qualify as a lawyer. Why pay all the prize of studying law for 5 years in school only to blow it just months to Bar Finals?

The Guy has an issue beyond what we have seen. Besides, if he had been rusticated from UI, he was not qualified to apply to the NLS in the first place.

He needed to have sought advise, cos nobody in the history of the NLS had ever won against that Institution.

THE GUY IS NOT A FIT AND PROPER CANDIDATE TO BE CALLED TO THE NIGERIAN BAR.

Lol. I find that omnibus clause very interesting. They can use the fit and proper clause to disqualify anyone at anytime even when you have already qualified or even a silk.

I recall when I was enrolling at the Supreme Court and there were some delays. In anger i tapped at a certain gentleman who was helping to manage the situation, unknown to me, he was a judge. The man challenged me to tap him again and see whether my certificate will not be withdrawn. Them no born me well na, i chilled and humbled myself. The man spotted me from afar again and came to tell me that I am not fit and proper to be called to Nigerian Bar. I stood up and mildly begged the man oooo.

Those were the days of Baba Ibironke
Re: Nigerian Law School Expels A Student Few Days To His Bar Final Exams (Photo) by dialoaded(m): 7:47am On Jul 23, 2017
Why? That's too cruel and wicked. People can easily take laws into their hands, final exams? If you don't mind, I also info people about JAMB & LATEST ADMISSION UPDATES
Re: Nigerian Law School Expels A Student Few Days To His Bar Final Exams (Photo) by Michael004: 7:53am On Jul 23, 2017
Sterope:
Kayodr Bello has been expelled. He is never coming back to law school until he becomes normal.

Oya bite mesmiley

He has been expelled yehn, yehn, yehn. He's not coming back to law school. Are you the law school? Tell that to your coward boyfriend.
Re: Nigerian Law School Expels A Student Few Days To His Bar Final Exams (Photo) by Michael004: 7:59am On Jul 23, 2017
SheIsElle:
Lol. Good enough you are not Nelson Mandela. At least Nelson Mandela had supporters during his time and he fought a good fight. if you have ever being to the law school, Abuja campus to be precise you will notice it has one of the best organized public institutes in the country. So maybe get your facts right before calling yourself a legend. pls who told you are legend? legends don't make noise and right now, all I see is a nosy noise maker. #peace.
And you are there to know he doesn't have supporters. Like I said, a coward dies many times, but a brave dies once. All what you wrote down here is a beautiful junks. Cowards opinions don't count. Shalom.
Re: Nigerian Law School Expels A Student Few Days To His Bar Final Exams (Photo) by walexbiz(m): 8:00am On Jul 23, 2017
ADENIKETINA2015:

Yes now. I read an article about his suspension from UI some time back. For somebody with such history you'd expect him to avoid unnecessary attention to himself. This is Nigeria. He didn't play his cards well. I'm sure those he fought for in UI are done with their service and the ones in law school he just finished "fighting for " will be graduating next month while he ends up causing his family pain and regret. He's not smart at all. Our parents sent/ send us to better our future not to be some kind of Martin Luther King.
It may seem cowardice but I can't be caught fighting for a cause that will backfire at me while the people I fight for go about with a clean sheet. Na skool my Mama send me go. I can not coman give her headache.

And they will count you amongst future leader... that's why the youth leader of most political party are above 70 years... What a country of shameless people.

A man stood for what is right rather than encourage him you are here glorifying cowardice... I guess your mother would be proud raising a coward.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Law School Expels A Student Few Days To His Bar Final Exams (Photo) by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 8:16am On Jul 23, 2017
walexbiz:

And they will count you amongst future leader... that's why the youth leader of most political party are above 70 years... What a country of shameless people.

A man stood for what is right rather than encourage him you are here glorifying cowardice... I guess your mother would be proud raising a coward.
And you had to bring someone's mother into your argument? Learn to be constructive in your criticisms without having to involve One's parent. It's my opinion and you don't have to agree with it neither can you make me change my stand. I don't have a problem with people jumping in my mention cos it's a public forum. But try not to involve one's parent in your argument(s). It's disrespectful.
Re: Nigerian Law School Expels A Student Few Days To His Bar Final Exams (Photo) by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 8:31am On Jul 23, 2017
Dhotseal:

Bullshit!
Thousands of other law students chose to focus on what they were their for. Now they will become lawyers. He will never be a lawyer in Nigeria. Even if he travels abroad to study law, he will still have the Nigerian law school to contend with. He is a loser simple!
A million likes
Re: Nigerian Law School Expels A Student Few Days To His Bar Final Exams (Photo) by dom(m): 8:38am On Jul 23, 2017
Ibironke? You be senior bros o!!!!!! Respect.
We were the last set of Jegede.

hardbody:

Lol. I find that omnibus clause very interesting. They can use the fit and proper clause to disqualify anyone at anytime even when you have already qualified or even a silk.

I recall when I was enrolling at the Supreme Court and there were some delays. In anger i tapped at a certain gentleman who was helping to manage the situation, unknown to me, he was a judge. The man challenged me to tap him again and see whether my certificate will not be withdrawn. Them no born me well na, i chilled and humbled myself. The man spotted me from afar again and came to tell me that I am not fit and proper to be called to Nigerian Bar. I stood up and mildly begged the man oooo.

Those were the days of Baba Ibironke

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Law School Expels A Student Few Days To His Bar Final Exams (Photo) by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 8:41am On Jul 23, 2017
Sterope:

Oya bite mesmiley

Don't mind him. They are here chanting his name but I doubt his parents are happy with what he did. He wouldn't be in this mess if he followed due process and not wake the sleeping dog.
Re: Nigerian Law School Expels A Student Few Days To His Bar Final Exams (Photo) by dom(m): 8:44am On Jul 23, 2017
I understand Femi Falana SAN has taken up his matter. The boy is very lucky. I'm sure the learned silk will adopt the diplomatic approach. Wise counsel would prevail. I hope the boy has leant his lesson too.

Re: Nigerian Law School Expels A Student Few Days To His Bar Final Exams (Photo) by Mpamaegbu: 8:50am On Jul 23, 2017
Amgreat70:
This guy should rest , he knows what the law school is all about, why not focus on ur aim of going there instead of looking for social welfare amenities, or lack of any.
He wasnt even happy he was posted to Abuja... What about others posted to other campuses what do u want them to do.
Don't know why some students will always want to show there bad character of student unionism, as if they are the only ones politically inclined....

Your ilks are the sole reason Nigeria is the way she is till date... No progress. Someone is fighting injustice in alignment to his chosen profession and you are there telling him to pipe down.

If you like quote me, it will only display your lack of comprehension over this little matter I just addressed.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Law School Expels A Student Few Days To His Bar Final Exams (Photo) by Michael004: 9:05am On Jul 23, 2017
ELKHALIFAISIS:
good they expelled him, let him go back to his village in Ogun and join his father in skull mining business
Ori e buru. More reason your wretched father is wallowing in poverty. Has he been paid his pension money dindinrin.
Re: Nigerian Law School Expels A Student Few Days To His Bar Final Exams (Photo) by Michael004: 9:10am On Jul 23, 2017
walexbiz:

Future leader indeed. That one taa, she's so useless. Don't mind her. Even if they kill her family member unjustly, her cowardice will make the killer scotfree.
Re: Nigerian Law School Expels A Student Few Days To His Bar Final Exams (Photo) by Oforleta(m): 9:28am On Jul 23, 2017
Nigerian law school is a place where you take all kinds of insult from almost everybody in the name of remaining fit and proper for the bar. The cleaners will talk to you anyhow, the hostel keepers, the security men and even some of the lecturers. They don't expect you to talk, what an irony. You can imagine turning off all the taps that connect water to the rooms, you've to pay the water vendors to get you water, the potters have their share from whatever thing the water vendors make, you can't complain coz if you do, you'll be reminded of 'fit and proper'
It's high time all these nonsense stopped.

The expulsion to me is harsh and unreasonable to say the least.

The gentleman should challenge them in court, after all, freedom of expression is a constitutional right.
Re: Nigerian Law School Expels A Student Few Days To His Bar Final Exams (Photo) by Michael004: 9:28am On Jul 23, 2017
ADENIKETINA2015:

Don't mind him. They are here chanting his name but I doubt his parents are happy with what he did. He wouldn't be in this mess if he followed due process and not wake the sleeping dog.
Abeegi keep kwayet.
Re: Nigerian Law School Expels A Student Few Days To His Bar Final Exams (Photo) by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 10:00am On Jul 23, 2017
Michael004:
Ori e buru. More reason your wretched father is wallowing in poverty. Has he been paid his pension money dindinrin.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Law School Expels A Student Few Days To His Bar Final Exams (Photo) by deolsisback: 10:08am On Jul 23, 2017
Amgreat70:
This guy should rest , he knows what the law school is all about, why not focus on ur aim of going there instead of looking for social welfare amenities, or lack of any.
He wasnt even happy he was posted to Abuja... What about others posted to other campuses what do u want them to do.
Don't know why some students will always want to show there bad character of student unionism, as if they are the only ones politically inclined....

This is one of the problems of Nigeria. People like you abound everywhere trying to silence those who seek for justice and what is right. That is the reason for the rot we have now. Instead of standing with him, you try to suppress him.

The student body is definitely made up of cowards. Truly the amount paid for law school is too much for the services rendered.

May God save this nation.. May we save ourselves from ourselves

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Law School Expels A Student Few Days To His Bar Final Exams (Photo) by gaskiyamagana: 10:34am On Jul 23, 2017
NLTroubleChild:
More of this please.
Kanu Biafra will be expelled few days to Anambra election.Justice from Skull miners will still save him from Kuje kingdom.
Re: Nigerian Law School Expels A Student Few Days To His Bar Final Exams (Photo) by Mizabey(f): 11:03am On Jul 23, 2017
ADENIKETINA2015:

Yes now. I read an article about his suspension from UI some time back. For somebody with such history you'd expect him to avoid unnecessary attention to himself. This is Nigeria. He didn't play his cards well. I'm sure those he fought for in UI are done with their service and the ones in law school he just finished "fighting for " will be graduating next month while he ends up causing his family pain and regret. He's not smart at all. Our parents sent/ send us to better our future not to be some kind of Martin Luther King.
It may seem cowardice but I can't be caught fighting for a cause that will backfire at me while the people I fight for go about with a clean sheet. Na skool my Mama send me go. I can not coman give her headache.
sure, over sabi kills

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Law School Expels A Student Few Days To His Bar Final Exams (Photo) by martinlooter(m): 11:04am On Jul 23, 2017
lawyer:
He is a silly guy. Every student that has passed through the law school knows how strict and difficult the school is in adhering to the principle of being " Fit and Proper" doctrine. Student have been expelled for doing less. All he had to do was wait till he wrote his exams, pass the bar exam, become a Legal practitioner and protest against the welfare conditions of the school as a LAWYER and not Law school student. As a Lawyer he could channel his protest through the Bar association as a lawyer, go to the Judicial council as a Lawyer and recruit more Lawyers to help him out and succeed in his cause. How was he supposed to win a challenge against Senior Advocates of Nigeria, Law professors of over 30 years and the Nigerian Law School as a whole when he is just a Law school Undergrad.

Sometimes all these so called Campus Activists don't know their boundaries. they think the same way they do Aluta in school to cause mayhem and school closure is the same way they can cause Mayhem in professional institutions that issue professional degrees. His expulsion would never be revoked and he has just wasted his parents school fees for nothing.

Sometimes I regret why they spent so much to pay the school fees of you and your kind, you should have been a vulcanizer or a bus conductor at most. So you mean, being a student, he cannot win a battle against the authorities? It is indeed your kind that cannot take up difficult cases because of your defeatist mentality? So, the university doesn't have Professors and Senior Lecturers of over 30 years, whose hands were eventually forced by student unionism? You think everybody that went to school went there to acquire text book certifications like you? You cannot even thrive in the real world. I am indeed shaking my head for you. Where did you even go to school? Please let me refer you to the case of Garuba v University of Maiduguri, do not read only the ratio, but also consider the obiter.
Mtcheeew!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Law School Expels A Student Few Days To His Bar Final Exams (Photo) by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jul 23, 2017
lawyer:

Common sense is not as common as we think

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Who Is The New Minister Of Education In Nigeria: Urgent Answer Needed Pls / OAU students trapped following a downpour, today, in Ile Ife, Osun State (Photos / Which Is The Cheapest Federal University In Nigeria Currently?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.