Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,574 members, 7,816,413 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

Job Applicants: Don't Be Fooled! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Job Applicants: Don't Be Fooled! (972 Views)

Here Is Why New Applicants Don't Get NGO Jobs Often / Why Do The Majority Of Job Applicants Never Get Hired? / FRSC Job Applicants To Write JAMB Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Job Applicants: Don't Be Fooled! by Nobody: 8:42am On Jul 22, 2017
There are two (2) tiers of candidates in the Nigerian labour/job market;

(a) Top Tier
(b) Bottom Tier

(a) Top Tier:
Candidates who were recommended by someone who works for the company or knows someone who knows someone who works for the company.

(b) Bottom Tier:
Applicants who don't know anybody associated with the firm/company.

Reality:
Companies hire from the Bottom Tier ONLY AFTER the Top Tier doesn't work out, for whatever reason.

So, for the bottom tiers, instead of sending millions of applications, fasting and praying without WORK, and sitting back hoping for a call, do something to get in the Top Tier.
Get involved in professional associations (Vibrant Community). Attend their events. Talk to everyone everywhere.

Follow companies/PEOPLE on their social media and comment on their posts. Contact ALL of your networks about your job search.

Join LinkedIn, and add companies, human resources personnel, professionals to your LinkedIn connection.
Send in-mails. Tell them about your skills and experience. Pay for premium if you have the money, so you can connect with top officials and CEO's.

Doing these things CONSISTENTLY will get you in the Top Tier.......
Even the bible says; "faith without work is dead"----James 2: 14 - 26.

To catapult yourself to the Top Tier, get yourself involved in our Vibrant Community League of Young Professionals and Entrepreneurs in Nigeria (LYPEN) and sign up below for free..

Request to JOIN the Group here: Lifelong connections and Knowledge awaits you.
https:///dsZ6ENE

Read more about Africa’s Most Beneficial Vibrant Community and sign up here for free:
https:///d_xSCps

#Copied from LinkedIn, but richly edited and modified by me wink
Re: Job Applicants: Don't Be Fooled! by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jul 22, 2017
austinosita:
There are two (2) tiers of candidates in the Nigerian labour/job market;

(a) Top Tier
(b) Bottom Tier

(a) Top Tier:
Candidates who were recommended by someone who works for the company or knows someone who knows someone who works for the company.

(b) Bottom Tier:
Applicants who don't know anybody associated with the firm/company.

Reality:
Companies hire from the Bottom Tier ONLY AFTER the Top Tier doesn't work out, for whatever reason.

So, for the bottom tiers, instead of sending millions of applications, fasting and praying without WORK, and sitting back hoping for a call, do something to get in the Top Tier.
Get involved in professional associations (Vibrant Community). Attend their events. Talk to everyone everywhere.

Follow companies/PEOPLE on their social media and comment on their posts. Contact ALL of your networks about your job search.

Join LinkedIn, and add companies, human resources personnel, professionals to your LinkedIn connection.
Send in-mails. Tell them about your skills and experience. Pay for premium if you have the money, so you can connect with top officials and CEO's.

Doing these things CONSISTENTLY will get you in the Top Tier.......
Even the bible says; "faith without work is dead"----James 2: 14 - 26.

To catapult yourself to the Top Tier, get yourself involved in our Vibrant Community League of Young Professionals and Entrepreneurs in Nigeria (LYPEN) and sign up below for free..

Request to JOIN the Group here: Lifelong connections and Knowledge awaits you.
https:///dsZ6ENE

Read more about Africa’s Most Beneficial Vibrant Community and sign up here for free:
https:///d_xSCps

#Copied from LinkedIn, but richly edited and modified by me wink

Tell me more about the Nirmala Chellarams Vibrant Community 'League of Young Professionals and Entrepreneurs'
Re: Job Applicants: Don't Be Fooled! by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jul 22, 2017
SnowJay92:

Tell me more about the Nirmala Chellarams Vibrant Community 'League of Young Professionals and Entrepreneurs'

Click on the link to no more about it. I did same myself
Re: Job Applicants: Don't Be Fooled! by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jul 22, 2017
austinosita:

Click on the link to no more about it. I did same myself

I clicked the link but I want you to tell me what it's all about, or you're not a member before now?

(1) (Reply)

Shell Livewire Programme / Vacancy! Vacancy!! Vacancy!!! / Current Recruitment At Contec Global Group.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.