Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,802 members, 7,820,806 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

Screening Based On WAEC Is Rubbish! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Screening Based On WAEC Is Rubbish! (2703 Views)

Can Date Of Birth On WAEC Be Corrected? / Is Change Of Date Of Birth Still Possible On Waec Result / WAEC Is Confused – MURIC, Reveals What Timetable Can Cause In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Screening Based On WAEC Is Rubbish! by Teophilus96(m): 12:19pm On Jul 22, 2017
How can someone who has like 3 A's and B's in Waec not able to score above 200 in Jamb?Like the other day I saw a post here on Nairaland about someone who smashed maths,Economics and furthermaths but went ahead to fail physics!For God sake it is obvious that the student with such result cheated!
Even if it is under probability that such a student might have felt sick on that very day of the physics exam,this scenario is not once neither is twice or thrice we have seen it happen.It is too bad.Some friends who wrote WAEC also had this kind of results.

We all that wrote Waec knows that there are lot of Malpractices when sitting for the exam.In order to curb and prevent low academic excellence in university and to also to prevent incompetent future leaders and mediocrity, let them go back to POST-UTME,because you can't cheat in them both.

This nation is bleeped up.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Screening Based On WAEC Is Rubbish! by casspersteve: 2:56pm On Jul 22, 2017
True,jamb should make their exams question tough Waec is bleeped up Classwork

1 Like

Re: Screening Based On WAEC Is Rubbish! by Teophilus96(m): 4:30pm On Jul 22, 2017
casspersteve:
True,jamb should make their exams question tough
Waec is bleeped up
Classwork

My brother they should reintroduce PostUtme

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Screening Based On WAEC Is Rubbish! by casspersteve: 4:32pm On Jul 22, 2017
Teophilus96:

My brother they should reintroduce PostUtme
Yup they should,even olodo they pass waec Jamb test your knowledge

1 Like

Re: Screening Based On WAEC Is Rubbish! by SOLADEMIABIODUN(m): 5:02pm On Jul 22, 2017
Waec/Neco are not credible enough to be used in the screening scheme

4 Likes

Re: Screening Based On WAEC Is Rubbish! by FromZeroToHero(m): 6:05pm On Jul 22, 2017
My brother no one cares how you made your result. I checked a result for one girl today, she had B2 in Maths, Econs, Govt and English. When i questioned her she said it was the school that helped them with runs.

3 Likes

Re: Screening Based On WAEC Is Rubbish! by Teophilus96(m): 8:11pm On Jul 22, 2017
FromZeroToHero:
My brother no one cares how you made your result. I checked a result for one girl today, she had B2 in Maths, Econs, Govt and English. When i questioned her she said it was the school that helped them with runs.

You can imagine the nonsense.

And they are the Empty braggart who makes noise everywhere you see them.
Re: Screening Based On WAEC Is Rubbish! by Teophilus96(m): 8:12pm On Jul 22, 2017
SOLADEMIABIODUN:

They need to stop that nonsense.

It is annoying.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Screening Based On WAEC Is Rubbish! by wrose(m): 8:41pm On Jul 22, 2017
SOLADEMIABIODUN:

That's the exact point bro. The exams aren't credible and transparent enough for use as a criteria for admission.
I feel post ume is still more trusted

4 Likes

Re: Screening Based On WAEC Is Rubbish! by Dunsin89(m): 8:47pm On Jul 22, 2017
What do you want them (WAEC) and the passed candidates to do now?

1 Like

Re: Screening Based On WAEC Is Rubbish! by Teophilus96(m): 8:59pm On Jul 22, 2017
Dunsin89:
What do you want them (WAEC) and the passed candidates to do now?

I know it's done and dusted for them.
But hey somebody's got to do something about this.It's appalling.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Screening Based On WAEC Is Rubbish! by Xsem(m): 9:57pm On Jul 22, 2017
You have a very pertinent point. I witnessed such in my area. Most people I know who had poor waec results ,had to register for another waec exam but this time in a village,equipped with macenaries .The girl who participated in the process got Bs and As along with her friends. That is why I don't fancy waec results this days even the girl that scored all grade A.

2 Likes

Re: Screening Based On WAEC Is Rubbish! by Xtfield(m): 10:13pm On Jul 22, 2017
Not right to generalise. True many schools compromise the exams but there still some who do not. I have worked in two of such schools as a Principal and because the students were well prepared for the exams, they did well without any form of malpractice. For the 10years I worked in both schools, the least result was 89% distinctions (A1 - B3). I own my own school now and my pupils are taught right from primary school not to expect any form of assistance in their examinations.

3 Likes

Re: Screening Based On WAEC Is Rubbish! by Teophilus96(m): 11:39pm On Jul 22, 2017
Xtfield:
Not right to generalise. True many schools compromise the exams but there still some who do not. I have worked in two of such schools as a Principal and because the students were well prepared for the exams, they did well without any form of malpractice. For the 10years I worked in both schools, the least result was 89% distinctions (A1 - B3). I own my own school now and my pupils are taught right from primary school not to expect any form of assistance in their examinations.

Thanks.
There is no iota of doubt about the fact that there are few schools that doesn't get attached to malpractice.
The point is ,WAEC shouldn't be used as criteria for admission into tertiary institutions.Even such malpractice can make an average student get A's in all the subjects and no one except the teachers would know about that.

The morals you impact on your students are commendable tho.That's what we want
Re: Screening Based On WAEC Is Rubbish! by Teophilus96(m): 11:42pm On Jul 22, 2017
Xtfield:

I wouldn't doubt it if someone somewhere tells me that the girl who got A's in her subjects cheated.In as much as I believe there are brilliant students.

1 Like

Re: Screening Based On WAEC Is Rubbish! by oldfoolnigger(m): 12:31am On Jul 23, 2017
Teophilus96:

I wouldn't doubt it if someone somewhere tells me that the girl who got A's in her subjects cheated.In as much as I believe there are brilliant students.
I agree with ur point op.

waec has lost its credibility.
prior to this point system adopted by schools, waec always record poor pass rate but all of a sudden, waec recorded high pass rate this year cos its results are now use as yardsticks in giving admission.
schools now force students to pay money for runs (even missionary schools are not left out in this).
so pathetic!.

u are all shades of wrong about the girl.that made A parallels in her waec.
go make enquiries about Shalom academy nsukka.
most of their students do run away from taking waec exams there cos of their strictness.
merit is their watchword.

post utme is the answer

1 Like

Re: Screening Based On WAEC Is Rubbish! by Teophilus96(m): 8:09am On Jul 23, 2017
oldfoolnigger:
I agree with ur point op.

waec has lost its credibility.
prior to this point system adopted by schools, waec always record poor pass rate but all of a sudden, waec recorded high pass rate this year cos its results are now use as yardsticks in giving admission.
schools now force students to pay money for runs (even missionary schools are not left out in this).
so pathetic!.

u are all shades of wrong about the girl.that made A parallels in her waec.
go make enquiries about Shalom academy nsukka.
most of their students do run away from taking waec exams there cos of their strictness.
merit is their watchword.

post utme is the answer

I like that part
" waec recorded high pass rate this year cos its results are now use as yardsticks in giving admission.
"
Good point.POST UTME still makes a whole lot of sense than WAEC.
Re: Screening Based On WAEC Is Rubbish! by Nobody: 11:31am On Jul 23, 2017
I buy your idea bro because no secondary school administrator will ever come up openly to admit that their school engaged in malpractice during WAEC or NECO. The struggly now is: get A's and B's so as to gain admission. It doesn't matter how you got it. Too bad!
For the girl who made 9A's, I wish her more success! But she should be ready to prove her "excellence" in all the 9 subjects whenever the situation arises.

1 Like

Re: Screening Based On WAEC Is Rubbish! by Teophilus96(m): 12:07pm On Jul 23, 2017
Laive:
I buy your idea bro because no secondary school administrator will ever come up openly to admit that their school engaged in malpractice during WAEC or NECO. The struggly now is: get A's and B's so as to gain admission. It doesn't matter how you got it. Too bad!
For the girl who made 9A's, I wish her more success! But she should be ready to prove her "excellence" in all the 9 subjects whenever the situation arises.

It will be catastrophic if it is later found out she doesn't merit it.
Nemesis will always find a way to pay back.

I wish her success in her endeavours if she actually merits it.
The almighty has a way of blessing extremely hardworking people.

1 Like

Re: Screening Based On WAEC Is Rubbish! by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jul 23, 2017
Teophilus96:
How can someone who has like 3 A's and B's in Waec not able to score above 200 in Jamb?Like the other day I saw a post here on Nairaland about someone who smashed maths,Economics and furthermaths but went ahead to fail physics!For God sake it is obvious that the student with such result cheated!
Even if it is under probability that such a student might have felt sick on that very day of the physics exam,this scenario is not once neither is twice or thrice we have seen it happen.It is too bad.Some friends who wrote WAEC also had this kind of results.

We all that wrote Waec knows that there are lot of Malpractices when sitting for the exam.In order to curb and prevent low academic excellence in university and to also to prevent incompetent future leaders and mediocrity, let them go back to POST-UTME,because you can't cheat in them both.

This nation is bleeped up.

Going back to post utme is like moving a step forward and 5 steps backward. What the government came up with is that both your o'level result and jamb result would be used to screen students into the university which wasn't bad but the problem is the pressure in getting a good grades at all cost which is what is happening now. Don't you think that only Jamb result would have been used since to a great extend it's transparent? What make you think it's not possible for someone to pass waec and fail jamb? Didn't you see on this forum when a guy said he wanted to study business administration yet he failed commerce and pass Economics? Commerce is more simpler than Economics yet the student failed it, would you say he cheated too?
Post utme has lost it's relevance in Nigeria. The essence of it has being defeated because the same issue raised in waec(cheating) is what's obtainable in most school's post utme.
Re: Screening Based On WAEC Is Rubbish! by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jul 23, 2017
Going back to post utme is like moving a step forward and 5 steps backward. What the government came up with is that both your o'level result and jamb result would be used to screen students into the university which wasn't bad but the problem is the pressure in getting a good grades at all cost which is what is happening now. Don't you think that only Jamb result would have been used since to a great extend it's transparent? What make you think it's not possible for someone to pass waec and fail jamb? Didn't you see on this forum when a guy said he wanted to study business administration yet he failed commerce and pass Economics? Commerce is more simpler than Economics yet the student failed it, would you say he cheated too?
Post utme has lost it's relevance in Nigeria. The essence of it has being defeated because the same issue raised in waec(cheating) is what's obtainable in most school's post utme.
Re: Screening Based On WAEC Is Rubbish! by hardeycute(m): 2:15pm On Jul 23, 2017
Teophilus96:

I like that part
" waec recorded high pass rate this year cos its results are now use as yardsticks in giving admission.
"
double Post
Re: Screening Based On WAEC Is Rubbish! by hardeycute(m): 2:19pm On Jul 23, 2017
Teophilus96:

I like that part
"
It is the situation we have found ourselves. I am contemplating to sit for another WAEC because of the new modalities.I don't stand a good chance for an admission with my worked o'level.

I know of people who had good grades which was by examination malpractice with low jamb score but come a good chance to secure admission .

Post utme is just the solution

1 Like

Re: Screening Based On WAEC Is Rubbish! by hardeycute(m): 2:23pm On Jul 23, 2017
asuustrike2009:
Examination malpractice can be reduce by CBT.
Re: Screening Based On WAEC Is Rubbish! by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jul 23, 2017
hardeycute:

So what medium do you think should be used to admit students?
Re: Screening Based On WAEC Is Rubbish! by hardeycute(m): 2:28pm On Jul 23, 2017
asuustrike2009:

So what medium do you think should be used to admit students?
O'level + Preferred school exams

Jamb has outlived its usefulness
Re: Screening Based On WAEC Is Rubbish! by Teophilus96(m): 3:00pm On Jul 23, 2017
hardeycute:

Abeg help me tell am
Re: Screening Based On WAEC Is Rubbish! by Teophilus96(m): 3:03pm On Jul 23, 2017
hardeycute:
It is the situation we have found ourselves. I am contemplating to sit for another WAEC because of the new modalities.I don't stand a good chance for an admission with my worked o'level.

I know of people who had good grades which was by examination malpractice with low jamb score but come a good chance to secure admission .

Post utme is just the solution

You are Damn right bro.
Thanks for being honest.
Re: Screening Based On WAEC Is Rubbish! by Teophilus96(m): 3:06pm On Jul 23, 2017
hardeycute:
O'level + Preferred school exams
Jamb has outlived its usefulness

Yeah jamb has truly outlived its usefulness.
Re: Screening Based On WAEC Is Rubbish! by Teophilus96(m): 2:49pm On Aug 20, 2017
Wonderful! !!
POST UTME IS BACK.!!

And like I said earlier SCREENING BASED ON WAEC IS RUBBBBIIISSSSHHHH!

(1) (Reply)

The Impact Of Strike On The Nigeria Educational System / SODOMY: I Left Usman Danfodio University To Avoid Professor Jabaka's Homosexual / What Are The Best (private) Universities In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.