Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,984 members, 7,866,699 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 11:46 PM

LG Polls: Why We Won’t Vote – Lagos Youths - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LG Polls: Why We Won’t Vote – Lagos Youths (536 Views)

2019 Polls: Why Governors Support Buhari’s Re-election Bid – Gov Yari / El-Rufai: 'Christians Won’t Vote For Me, Even If Pope Is My Running Mate' / 2,244, 937 The Difference Between The Whole Of Southeast Vote & Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

LG Polls: Why We Won’t Vote – Lagos Youths by Callmedondee(m): 12:36pm On Jul 22, 2017
Young Nigerians in some parts of Lagos have expressed their dissatisfaction with their leaders by refusing to be part of the voting exercise during the council polls in the state.

At about 11.15am, our correspondent, who went round Oshodi and its environs, observed many youths playing football on major streets in the area.

Many of them said the state and federal governments had not done anything significant to make their lives and communities better.

“We don’t want to vote because our leaders have not done anything for us, the roads are bad, no electricity, what is the essence of voting then, said 24-year-old Adeyemi Sunday.

Similarly, another youth, Olu, 26, said he did not have a voter’s card. “Even if I did, I will not vote,” he said.

“They are not concerned whether we vote or not. They (elected officials) would still get into office despite our votes and do nothing,” said 21-year-old John Onwuka.

Re: LG Polls: Why We Won’t Vote – Lagos Youths by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jul 22, 2017
If them like make them vote. If them like make them no vote. All i know be say before the end of today somebody will be declared a winner.

1 Like

Re: LG Polls: Why We Won’t Vote – Lagos Youths by Jabioro: 12:39pm On Jul 22, 2017
See how them designed the middle of the road like London field

1 Like

Re: LG Polls: Why We Won’t Vote – Lagos Youths by izzou(m): 12:41pm On Jul 22, 2017
cheesy

I really don't see the sense in entering the rain only to approve your sufferings for the next four years

The whole government has failed us. We vote, they rig. Even when the people's choice enters,he is frustrated.

The judiciary makes matter worse by setting them almost free by giving them mild bail conditions

Personally,I won't vote

1 Like

Re: LG Polls: Why We Won’t Vote – Lagos Youths by fbtowner(m): 12:49pm On Jul 22, 2017
I keep saying I will never participate in an election until Our leaders start having human sympathy

I see anybody voting as someone wasting his/her time

The real election result is already on their table. They are just conducting election for record and news purpose
Re: LG Polls: Why We Won’t Vote – Lagos Youths by three: 1:14pm On Jul 22, 2017
OP

That's not a correspondent na!

Meanwhile, the youths who claim that staying home and not voting is in protest are only showing stark naivete and immaturity.

If you want to be a factor in politics, you need to be a bloc. If not you're as good as unknown. The Social Media influencers on twitter know this, which is why they leveraged 'followers' to buy THEMSELVES seats at the table. They could have made a case for their followers but followers wey be like sheep, wetin dem know. Na make d person wey arrange d format jollof alone na.

If you guys are as many as you claim you are, you will go out and deliberately void votes. That way when votes are tallied and void votes count more than some candidates, the politicians will take you serious next time around.

As it is now una jus' dey deceive una sef, dey play footbal for road.
Re: LG Polls: Why We Won’t Vote – Lagos Youths by ojun50(m): 1:22pm On Jul 22, 2017
Inside dis cold weather am jst going out

(1) (Reply)

"Conflict Is A Hallmark Of Democracy" - Tinubu Reacts To APC Infighting / Joke ?nairalander Joins Celeb Campaigning For Governor.(photos) / Wike, A Comedian, Worst Rivers Governor – APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.