Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,353 members, 7,829,886 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

See What A Street In Surulere Currently Looks Like After The Heavy Downpour Last - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See What A Street In Surulere Currently Looks Like After The Heavy Downpour Last (1498 Views)

Tribunal Verdict: Bayelsans Hit The Street In Jubilation [Photos] / Photos As Floods Take Over Lagos Roads After Heavy Downpour / Man Cooking, Bathing & Sleeping On The Street In Protest Of 2019 Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See What A Street In Surulere Currently Looks Like After The Heavy Downpour Last by tosin400: 12:39pm On Jul 22, 2017
After the heavy downpour last night, this is what Akobi street in Surulere currently looks like. Refuse that have been dumped in canals and other in designated areas have found their way to the street.

Hope the Lagos state government acts fast to prevent an epidemic. Guess the floods have changed base.

See more photos after the cut:

Source: http://www.flexygist.net/2017/07/22/see-what-a-street-in-surulere-currently-looks-like-after-the-heavy-downpour-last-night/

cc; lalasticlala

Re: See What A Street In Surulere Currently Looks Like After The Heavy Downpour Last by Afam4eva(m): 12:40pm On Jul 22, 2017
Is that refuse? WTF

2 Likes

Re: See What A Street In Surulere Currently Looks Like After The Heavy Downpour Last by iLoveConductor: 12:41pm On Jul 22, 2017
shocked shocked
Re: See What A Street In Surulere Currently Looks Like After The Heavy Downpour Last by izzou(m): 12:44pm On Jul 22, 2017
And they will still go and cast their vote

Nigerians need serious help

1 Like

Re: See What A Street In Surulere Currently Looks Like After The Heavy Downpour Last by spawnx: 12:44pm On Jul 22, 2017
OMG some people don't like themselves. why would you even think of wading in that let alone actually wading in it. yuck!!!

1 Like

Re: See What A Street In Surulere Currently Looks Like After The Heavy Downpour Last by MhizzAJ(f): 12:46pm On Jul 22, 2017
Only in Lagos
Surulere stinks
Re: See What A Street In Surulere Currently Looks Like After The Heavy Downpour Last by EmeeNaka: 12:47pm On Jul 22, 2017
Lagos is a hell.
I have said it severally.

3 Likes

Re: See What A Street In Surulere Currently Looks Like After The Heavy Downpour Last by emakoji(m): 12:47pm On Jul 22, 2017
Improper management of refuse.. ...
Re: See What A Street In Surulere Currently Looks Like After The Heavy Downpour Last by dominique(f): 12:47pm On Jul 22, 2017
This is awful gosh!!! The residents brought this upon themselves yet they will be blaming the government. Lawma has trucks all over Lagos state, nobody has an excuse to dump refuse in drainage and canals anymore.

1 Like

Re: See What A Street In Surulere Currently Looks Like After The Heavy Downpour Last by tonio2wo: 12:49pm On Jul 22, 2017
Fuckshit!!!!! shocked shocked

Regos is wondafrul!

1 Like

Re: See What A Street In Surulere Currently Looks Like After The Heavy Downpour Last by eshietIntrepid(m): 12:53pm On Jul 22, 2017
There is a state somewhere in Nigeria, centre of excellence it is call.

1 Like

Re: See What A Street In Surulere Currently Looks Like After The Heavy Downpour Last by Daeylar(f): 12:57pm On Jul 22, 2017
Gosh!
look at how dirty,

1 Like

Re: See What A Street In Surulere Currently Looks Like After The Heavy Downpour Last by softwerk(f): 12:57pm On Jul 22, 2017
I still love Lagos all the same grin

I know some victims of ritual murders are also floating amongst the refuse!

The refuse flooding though cannot prevent a pu*ssy Hunter from his hunting kiss tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See What A Street In Surulere Currently Looks Like After The Heavy Downpour Last by maclatunji: 12:57pm On Jul 22, 2017
One of the first things I will work on if I ever get near power in Nigeria Godwilling is to ban plastic.
Re: See What A Street In Surulere Currently Looks Like After The Heavy Downpour Last by MediumStout(m): 1:05pm On Jul 22, 2017
That place looks like iweka road onitsha. Surulere is not dirty. sad

1 Like

Re: See What A Street In Surulere Currently Looks Like After The Heavy Downpour Last by tinkinjow: 1:22pm On Jul 22, 2017
Lagos na wa. Can Lagos ever be cleaned up? I doubt. the way it is it may soon become the world's largest slump.
We have nice houses sitting on and surrounded by dirt. I never imagined it being cleaned up cos the residents are irredeemably dirty in habit

2 Likes

Re: See What A Street In Surulere Currently Looks Like After The Heavy Downpour Last by Denko2721987(m): 1:24pm On Jul 22, 2017
Dont tell me those are people wading through the watery trash i am seeing there *Yucks*
Re: See What A Street In Surulere Currently Looks Like After The Heavy Downpour Last by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jul 22, 2017
Centre of excellence indeed

1 Like

Re: See What A Street In Surulere Currently Looks Like After The Heavy Downpour Last by NoToPile: 1:35pm On Jul 22, 2017
They poured the refuse let them waddle in it.

As if govt will do every thing.

2 Likes

Re: See What A Street In Surulere Currently Looks Like After The Heavy Downpour Last by lexy2014: 8:05pm On Jul 22, 2017
MhizzAJ:
Only in Lagos
Surulere stinks
flooding is everywhere and trust me its far better than erosion. 4 Lagos a little more work on d drains will do. On d island, a whole lot of drains that lead 2 no where
Re: See What A Street In Surulere Currently Looks Like After The Heavy Downpour Last by decomaniaboss(f): 8:28pm On Jul 22, 2017
the difference between rich man area flood and poor man area flood dey obvious,lekki one better past this one naaaa, abah,shit go full inside tha one self
Re: See What A Street In Surulere Currently Looks Like After The Heavy Downpour Last by NaijaDiva001: 11:12am On Jul 23, 2017
Lagos Govt evacuates debris from Akobi Crescent
Following the heavy downpour in Lagos on Saturday which turned some key parts of the city into heaps of refuse, the Lagos State Government promptly swung into action and evacuated the debris.

The worst hit part of the town was Akobi Crescent in Surulere area of Lagos.

However, by 9pm yesterday, officials of both the Lagos State Ministry of Environment and Visionscape, the global environment utility group had evacuated all the debris.

The prompt action elicited positive comments from residents of the city, particularly those living in Surulere.

Below are pictures taken after the Lagos State Government had evacuated the waste from the street.

Re: See What A Street In Surulere Currently Looks Like After The Heavy Downpour Last by franchizy(m): 11:52am On Jul 23, 2017
This can never happen in the south East. God bless Kanu for leading the igbos to the promise land.

South West indeed. Im not suprised.

(1) (Reply)

How Peter Obi Betrayed Ojukwu For Personal Gains / Obasanjo's New Coalition Is Dead On Arrival - Pulse / Implementation Of The New Minimum Wage Will Automatically Get Buhari Re-elected

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.