Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,757 members, 7,827,810 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:21 PM

Middle Belt Youth To Yar’adua: Hand Over To Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Middle Belt Youth To Yar’adua: Hand Over To Jonathan (905 Views)

I Will Hand Over If I Lose, Says President Jonathan / We Will Vote Jonathan Despite Our Regrets In Voting Him In 2011 – Middle Belt / Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Middle Belt Youth To Yar’adua: Hand Over To Jonathan by onelink205: 10:23am On Feb 06, 2010
Middle Belt Youth To Yar’Adua: Hand Over To Jonathan
Written by By Philip Nyam, Abuja
Saturday, 06 February 2010 01:13
Following series of advice from a cross section of Nigerians to President Umaru Musa Yar'Adua to transmit a letter to the vice president, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan, the leadership of the Middle Belt Youth League has joined the bandwagon in calling on the ailing leader to allow the vice president to discharge executive duties as acting president.

The group also called on the federal government to investigate and bring to book, those behind the recent crisis in Jos, as well as those involved in the alleged misuse of army uniforms and ammunition in the prosecution of the violence.

In a press statement co-signed and issued by the president and secretary of the MBYL, Hon. Jonathan Tsaku and Engr. Kaspa Abah at the end of its emergency meeting in Abuja yesterday, the group said personal interest should not be allowed to overshadow national interest.

It maintained that no individual is greater than Nigeria, hence President Yar'Adua should do the right thing for the nation to move forward by "transmitting power to the vice president with immediate effect as contained in the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria."

The youth expressed disappointment with the Federal Executive Council (FEC) and the National Assembly for their inability to comply with the Constitution by ensuring that president Yar'Adua do the 'right thing'.

On the recent crisis in Jos, the group commended Vice President Goodluck Jonathan and the Plateau state governor, Jonah Jang for their timely intervention in the violence. They commiserated with families of those who lost their lives and property in the carnage but warned that both the National Assembly and FEC will be held responsible by the Nigerian people if the present democratic experience collapses.

"The Middle Belt Youth League believes that Nigeria is greater than individuals; no effort should be spared in finding drastic and lasting solutions to this act of terrorism in the guise of religious crisis in Nigeria".

It also call for the immediate overhaul of the nations intelligence unit in order to enhance proper security operations in the country adding that reports of previous commissions and panels on Jos crisis be made public and implemented without delay

http://www.leadershipnigeria.com/index.php/news/headlines/11627-middle-belt-youth-to-yaradua-hand-over-to-jonathan
Re: Middle Belt Youth To Yar’adua: Hand Over To Jonathan by edoyad(m): 10:51am On Feb 06, 2010
Nigerian Youths have a say in the affairs of this country, we cannot leave 60 and 70 year old professors to do our fighting for us.
Good one comrades.
Re: Middle Belt Youth To Yar’adua: Hand Over To Jonathan by edoyad(m): 8:03am On Feb 08, 2010
Too much talk honourable Jonathan, It's time for action.
Re: Middle Belt Youth To Yar’adua: Hand Over To Jonathan by deluxecad(m): 8:55am On Feb 08, 2010
@edoyad: wat action r u talkin abt? D Goodluck guy is very intelligent and patient, he doesn't react to issues with rash haste. He can't take any action until he's clothed with d full presidential powers or else he'd be usurping power. I beliv he understands the constitution much better. He called for deployment of troops in Jos then because it was urgent and dire, he didn't have the powers to have done that, you can't have two commanders-in-chief per time.
Re: Middle Belt Youth To Yar’adua: Hand Over To Jonathan by edoyad(m): 9:10am On Feb 08, 2010
@deluxe, my bad for not being specific. I'm refering to hon. Jonathan Tsaku, leader of Middle belt youth group that made the call. He should mobilise and show support not just on newspaper pages.
Re: Middle Belt Youth To Yar’adua: Hand Over To Jonathan by ishmael(m): 7:43pm On Feb 08, 2010
What is middle belt? Are they not the minority northerners that supported the hausa/fulani in 1966 - 1970? They are even worse than the core hausa/fulani, especially the Benue people. They are the ones that brutally murdered several igbos who have escaped death in the hands of the hausas in the core north and met it a few kilometers to igbo land by rail. Let them shut up. Na now dem know say dem no be hausa abi?
Re: Middle Belt Youth To Yar’adua: Hand Over To Jonathan by edoyad(m): 7:58pm On Feb 08, 2010
New poster, try harder next time. You almost sounded convincing sha.
Re: Middle Belt Youth To Yar’adua: Hand Over To Jonathan by sjeezy8: 8:04pm On Feb 08, 2010
^^^ haha lmfao
ishmael:

What is middle belt? Are they not the minority northerners that supported the hausa/fulani in 1966 - 1970? They are even worse than the core hausa/fulani, especially the Benue people. They are the ones that brutally murdered several igbos who have escaped death in the hands of the hausas in the core north and met it a few kilometers to igbo land by rail. Let them shut up. Na now dem know say dem no be hausa abi?

i see dis divide and conquer! They dont want to be hausa so dont force them.
Re: Middle Belt Youth To Yar’adua: Hand Over To Jonathan by ishmael(m): 9:05am On Feb 09, 2010
sjeezy8:

^^^ haha lmfao
i see dis divide and conquer! They dont want to be hausa so dont force them.

Why were they hausas in 1966?, killing igbos everywhere from kano down to benue state.

Just the same way ijaw, ikwerre, ibibio, efik and delta igbo people have stopped being igbo abi?
Re: Middle Belt Youth To Yar’adua: Hand Over To Jonathan by edoyad(m): 9:48am On Feb 09, 2010
ishmael:

Why were they hausas in 1966?, killing igbos everywhere from kano down to benue state.

Just the same way ijaw, ikwerre, ibibio, efik and delta igbo people have stopped being igbo abi?

Middle belt people shey ?

Re: Middle Belt Youth To Yar’adua: Hand Over To Jonathan by ishmael(m): 2:14pm On Feb 09, 2010
edoyad:

Middle belt people shey ?

Yes o, guy i wonder what they were thinking then when they were calling themselves arewa and killing igbos? now the same hausa/fulani they formed alliance with in 1966 have suddenly become their arch enemy. now they prefer to be called middle belt and not arewa again, abi??
Re: Middle Belt Youth To Yar’adua: Hand Over To Jonathan by Nobody: 5:08pm On Feb 09, 2010
^^^am feeling you on this man!.

The problem with this folks is identity problem, if the political calculation does not suit them, they will call themselves Middle-belters, and if does, they call themselves Arewa. So in one breath, they are middle belters and in another, they are Arewa.

Until they squarely address this identity issue, nobody will take them seriously. Southerners will not trust them and the core North will never give them 100% priviledges.
Re: Middle Belt Youth To Yar’adua: Hand Over To Jonathan by edoyad(m): 5:15pm On Feb 09, 2010
Whether southerners trust middle o, whether them no trust them o that is not my problem. My own is, hausa people should look inward like others are doing and know it is not going to be business as usual. If the River Niger and Benue bridges are blown today and every man has to fend for himself, where hausa man go run go my brothers ? Please think before it is too late. I hope the problem called Nigeria can be fixed without bloodshed but if that is the necessary evil, then undecided
Re: Middle Belt Youth To Yar’adua: Hand Over To Jonathan by ishmael(m): 5:52pm On Feb 09, 2010
edoyad:

Whether southerners trust middle o, whether them no trust them o that is not my problem. My own is, hausa people should look inward like others are doing and know it is not going to be business as usual. If the River Niger and Benue bridges are blown today and every man has to fend for himself, where hausa man go run go my brothers ? Please think before it is too late. I hope the problem called Nigeria can be fixed without bloodshed but if that is the necessary evil, then undecided

Have you also wondered how the so-called middle belt would look like or be if that should happen?? Any way they still belong to Arewa forum, so they can still live with the fulanis; but not with the igbos and other southerners.
Re: Middle Belt Youth To Yar’adua: Hand Over To Jonathan by edoyad(m): 6:03pm On Feb 09, 2010
Does the middle belt have a problem with feeding itself ? My village alone has exporters of ginger and we also are very agricultural people, though we could do better. Benue state is known as the food basket of the nation, kogi state is one of the most educationally advanced in the country and like taraba has marine business going. Do middle belters have a problem feeding clothing and educating themselves ? No.
Who has almajiris, beggars, lowest education rate, highest poverty rate in Nigeria ? Ishmaelite think very well o, thiiinnk , and you finish think again.
Re: Middle Belt Youth To Yar’adua: Hand Over To Jonathan by ishmael(m): 6:37pm On Feb 09, 2010
You are not getting me well. i mean the fulanis really need the middle-belters so much for economic purposes and as such it will be hard to seperate the fulanis from the middle-belt. can you remove hausa/fulani completely from plateau? can you remove them from nassarawa? can you remove them from adamawa, taraba and niger? can you remove them from the southern part of kaduna? can you remove fulanis frm kwara? are those hausa/fulani people there not part of the middle belt too?
Re: Middle Belt Youth To Yar’adua: Hand Over To Jonathan by edoyad(m): 7:08pm On Feb 09, 2010
Of course it would be retarded of me to think that eviction of an ethnic group would turn the place into eldorado. The middle belt has a reasonable no. of muslims in it(hausa and non hausa) . It also has Fulanis; yorubas in kogi and kwara; igbos in nassarawa and benue; camerounians in Taraba etc. The middle belt is a true melting pot of Nigeria and will reach greater heights if it can overcome the aggression of whatsoever forces.

(1) (Reply)

Acting President Goodluck Jonathan Addresses The Nation / Sanusi The Islamist Central Bank Governor / Police Link Rev. King To Foiled Jailbreak In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.