Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,311 members, 7,842,900 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway Sango Otta Flooded - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway Sango Otta Flooded (42779 Views)

Sango-Otta, After Rainfall In Ogun State Yesterday (Photos) / NNPC Fuel Station On Fire At Adura Bus Stop Abeokuta Expressway (Photos) / The Sorry State Of Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway Road, A National Embrassment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway Sango Otta Flooded by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jul 22, 2017
juman:

Small population move to lagos because of that.

Many many people move to get something doing.

I have seen situations where people were compelled to move to lagos because they could not get any thing doing in their places. When they got to lagos they were able to survive.
same point... More opportunities!
Re: Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway Sango Otta Flooded by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 5:51pm On Jul 22, 2017
warisdis ,, yellowbar demons and dirtiness has something in common the kind poo way go full this dirty flood fit resurrect buhari, how can they be this dirty ? they even turn it to swimming pool while others are fetching it , they need to quarantine this area, round up every tom dick and Harry in this area, if any of them refuse to obey shoot the person from close range, because if this environmental hazards is not well managed, the kind endemic epidemic it will cause fit wipe out yellowbar race TUFIAKWA
Re: Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway Sango Otta Flooded by obataokenwa(m): 5:51pm On Jul 22, 2017
majekdom2:
obviously, you are in on village in that same abuja. Abuja cannot exist without lagos. Which yahoo yahoo. Is there any business in Nigeria that does not have something to do with Lagos?? That's the state that receives all imports. The government can't be in such state. Check around the world, The city where the government seats originally has little business activities. Thats why Abuja is what it is. Without the government in AbJ, AbJ is nothing. Don't get me wrong. I am not talking down any city. Point is, the people are responsible for whatever becomes of the city. Stop talking like lagos just became what it is.
Abuja got nothing in common with Lagos but rather Niger Delta cos that's where the whole money flow from. Pls stop this Lagos rant and travel out of it and see for yourself.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway Sango Otta Flooded by micgray100(m): 5:52pm On Jul 22, 2017
It is well..

Meanwhile .. Register your company with CAC with just a token.. See my signature for testimonies from more than 100 Nairaland previous clients.
Re: Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway Sango Otta Flooded by amakadihot87(f): 5:52pm On Jul 22, 2017
obataokenwa:
You lack sense of reasoning. which state in SE begs the center? Nnewi is richer than Osun and Ekiti State put together. The modern edifices in Owerri, Enugu, Awka, Asaba can only be compared to Abuja. Try another person cos u not my level in this.
...........u are representing us well sir........ dont mind them,every small thing will always turn to a fight between races

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway Sango Otta Flooded by Oluwainnie(f): 5:53pm On Jul 22, 2017
Na express oo
nepapole:
Na express be this abi Na street?
Re: Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway Sango Otta Flooded by YorubaNigga(m): 5:57pm On Jul 22, 2017
juman:

Please educate me, why millions of people move from their villages to lagos?
To invest and make huge money
Re: Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway Sango Otta Flooded by dglfitness: 5:58pm On Jul 22, 2017
What? It's safe to say that we are not living; we are merely existing.
Re: Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway Sango Otta Flooded by juman(m): 5:58pm On Jul 22, 2017
sapele914:
Commerce,the sea ports,airport all big banks are headquarted in Lagos,the urban environment life(a recognized City)provides,why do people leave their homes and head for London or New York City the jungle?

Its different.

If you see the kind of life some people live in lagos is terrible.

If they have other choices they would grab it immediately.

So if there is constant light in nigeria, millions of people would return back to their villages to live more qualitative live there where they can found small small things doing.
Re: Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway Sango Otta Flooded by banme1(m): 5:58pm On Jul 22, 2017
no matter what!!!!!!

Re: Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway Sango Otta Flooded by zikter(m): 6:03pm On Jul 22, 2017
bsonenterprise:

Don't mind the ode. I just read that the flood killed two people in Anambra and some child of hate and anger are here posting trash. The flood is a national disaster. States and FG need to take massive measures
you are right. I read the same news. I wonder why dome low life guy will take pleasure in what at best is a national challenge. last year States like Benue, taraba, Adamawa etc suffered heavy losses due to flood. some people just need to grow up.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway Sango Otta Flooded by ademoladeji(m): 6:04pm On Jul 22, 2017
obataokenwa:
Those areas are close to Agege and are considered as Lagos cos it's Lagos overflow

Point of correction, Agege is not close to Sango Ota. You claimed you know Lagos like your palm, yet you first said Sango is in Lagos. Now you saying it's close to Agege.

I don't know how you came about Lagos whereas the location of the flood is Sango, Ogun State.

Now, looking at the terrain of both states; Lagos n Ogun, you wouldn't wanna argue that Ogun state is highly elevated compared to Lagos...

Abuja with the best drainage system in Nigeria? I won't argue that either but please do pay a visit to Bwari, Jikwoyi, Kurudu as well as Mpape and tell me the best drainage system over there.

http://punchng.com/abuja-flood-in-photos/

http://www.naaija.com/2017/06/shocking-apc-bot-member-die-abuja-flood/

To rest my points, urbanization is the major cause of natural disaster. There's no way there won't be population influx in major cities which in turn increses environmental pollution thereby aggravating the effects of these natural disasters.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/09/08/five-communities-in-anambra-submerged-by-flood/

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/london-weather-flooding-after-met-office-thunderstorm-alert-a3346156.html

https://www.usatoday.com/story/weather/2017/01/04/floods-natural-disasters-2016/96120150/

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway Sango Otta Flooded by BecomeALandLord(m): 6:05pm On Jul 22, 2017
God will help us all from the epidemic

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway Sango Otta Flooded by zikter(m): 6:06pm On Jul 22, 2017
obataokenwa:
I've lived in Lagos for years and it's obvious that state is not planned and the govt depend on media to hype little achievement only on visible places. Enter some remote residential areas in Lagos and you will agree with me that the state does nothing. I know that state like my palm.
type punch.ng and read through their news. flood just killed two people in anambra state. so don't be quick to enjoy Ogun or Lagos predicament.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway Sango Otta Flooded by Sagay212: 6:07pm On Jul 22, 2017
flood happens in different parts of the world. Whether drainage is clean or not...if it rains continuously without a break, there will always be flood, Though we all know the lagos state APC government are bunch of con men. They are always full of deceit...people hardly benefit anything from the useless government. The masses too should try to always clean the drainage and not litre the roads and drainages

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway Sango Otta Flooded by YorubaNigga(m): 6:07pm On Jul 22, 2017
obataokenwa:
Abuja got nothing in common with Lagos but rather Niger Delta cos that's where the whole money flow from. Pls stop this Lagos rant and travel out of it and see for yourself.
So all those gigantic Lagos industries and goods productions are as a result of Niger Delta oil? Bros no wonder you ain't making it in Lagos since your orientation about the Mega City of Nigeria (Lagos) is zero.

I have been to Abuja, Kaduna and Kano numerous times, they are still under-fed dogs to Lagos. Just accept that you are destined to welcome ur own wealth from Abuja and I can bet it with you to make X2 of that in Lagos if you wise enough

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway Sango Otta Flooded by VajanahDischaj(f): 6:08pm On Jul 22, 2017
Lagos and dirty na one
Aba and dirty na two in one.
Re: Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway Sango Otta Flooded by Moshlaw(m): 6:09pm On Jul 22, 2017
Hey,God have mercy.
Re: Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway Sango Otta Flooded by Nwakaumu(m): 6:09pm On Jul 22, 2017
allrightsir:

http://tribuneonlineng.com/onitsha-capital-city-filth-pollution/

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/05/31/africa/nigeria-cities-pollution/index.html

Below are picture of Onitsha descrined by CNN as the most poluted city in the world

show me one city in yoruba land that is filthy aside of lagos and we know the common denominator with lagos and the filthy cities in the east.

show me a picture from Ibadan, Abeokuta, Ondo, Ife, ilesha, Osogbo, Ijebu, akure or any yoruba city that is still relatively homogenous that even comes close to your filth
mr man u posted lie here saying onitsha is the most polluted city in the world.i ve told you onitsha is not like your overated lagos that has slums,face me i face you house,or kpako.we are not you level.lies wont save you,the most polluted city in the world is in china,and also learn the difference between pollution and dirtness.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway Sango Otta Flooded by juman(m): 6:10pm On Jul 22, 2017
YorubaNigga:

To invest and make huge money

Small percentage of people.
Re: Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway Sango Otta Flooded by thunderbabs: 6:11pm On Jul 22, 2017
obataokenwa:
I don't know how people enjoy life in Lagos. The govt knows how to use media to hype little achievement. It's obvious Tinubu has milked the smallest state in Nigeria with the highest IGR. Thank God my Igbo brothers have started relocating their businesses gradually to the east to avert the impending ocean surge

Ur igbo brothers in Lagos are not moving shit.....They re enjoying and maintaining their spare parts shop, as well as all d akpwu stands in iyana oba, d cloth shops at yaba etc

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway Sango Otta Flooded by achieversbizpro(m): 6:13pm On Jul 22, 2017
very serious issue
Re: Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway Sango Otta Flooded by Perezino: 6:18pm On Jul 22, 2017
obataokenwa:
I don't know how people enjoy life in Lagos. The govt knows how to use media to hype little achievement. It's obvious Tinubu has milked the smallest state in Nigeria with the highest IGR. Thank God my Igbo brothers have started relocating their businesses gradually to the east to avert the impending ocean surge

It has never been a crime to ask what u don't knw. Ur knowledge of ur primitive,uncilised shanty in the SE has beclouded ur sense of reasoning. Who told u sango otta is in Lagos state? It clearly shows ur hatred for Lagos the centre of excellence and the man called Tinubu.
Re: Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway Sango Otta Flooded by YorubaNigga(m): 6:18pm On Jul 22, 2017
juman:

Its different.

If you see the kind of life some people live in lagos is terrible.

If they have other choices they would grab it immediately.

So if there is constant light in nigeria, millions of people would return back to their villages to live more qualitative live there where they can found small small things doing.
Your point is baseless and I am sure you're one the lazy Igbos who would end up been a business offspri of Evans
Electricity is not a fundamental of a successful business, it's only an advantage. More so if you're really motivated to be hardworking why would you be depending on a selfish Naija government to provide you electricity before you can invest in ur village when you can get a generator as another source. Stop giving silly excuses for ur unsuccessful villages with no future for youths except to carry coke. You should be thanking God you made it to our land of riches instead.
Re: Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway Sango Otta Flooded by omoiyamayor(m): 6:19pm On Jul 22, 2017
Sango oya, una d drink too much.see bottle everywhere
Re: Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway Sango Otta Flooded by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jul 22, 2017
`

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway Sango Otta Flooded by Phemoo10(m): 6:19pm On Jul 22, 2017
obataokenwa:
Nobody is forcing anyone to stay in Lagos... Stay in your village. Lagos first, others follow. Why the hatred? For your information, Sango Otta is in Ogun state.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway Sango Otta Flooded by juman(m): 6:22pm On Jul 22, 2017
YorubaNigga:

Your point is baseless and I am sure you're one the lazy Igbos who would end up been a business offspri of Evans
Electricity is not a fundamental of a successful business, it's only an advantage. More so if you're really motivated to be hardworking why would you be depending on a selfish Naija government to provide you electricity before you can invest in ur village when you can get a generator as another source. Stop giving silly excuses for ur unsuccessful villages with no future for youths except to carry coke. You should be thanking God you made it to our land of riches instead.

Certainly you are wrong.
Even here on nairaland I have read how some people tried to make connections of who to host them in lagos because they had nothing to do in their villages and they were advised by people to move to lagos.
Re: Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway Sango Otta Flooded by 360command: 6:22pm On Jul 22, 2017
Nigeria needs a clean up
Re: Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway Sango Otta Flooded by seniorkachion(m): 6:22pm On Jul 22, 2017
allrightsir:

Lagos was ok before all of them abandoned their region and moved 5 in a room to overcrowd Lagos. Anywhere they congregate they spoil. Look at Festac, look at Amuwo, look at what they are doing to Lekki phase 1. You only have to look at the filth in Onitsha where they are coming from to understand why lagos is what it is today. Show me one place dominated by them that is orderly and clean. They say they are moving back they forget they moved to Lagos because of the filth they left behind and they are the ones that brought chaos and filth to Lagos.

Pictures of some flooded parts of Enugu was posted not long ago on Nairaland today. Go to the page and see if you will see rubbish floating on it.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway Sango Otta Flooded by sapele914(m): 6:22pm On Jul 22, 2017
obataokenwa:
You lack sense of reasoning. which state in SE begs the center? Nnewi is richer than Osun and Ekiti State put together. The modern edifices in Owerri, Enugu, Awka, Asaba can only be compared to Abuja. Try another person cos u not my level in this.
Bush man,which modern edifices in Owerri, Enugu, Awka, Asaba?those village towns?,I am from Delta State and went to Federal Government college Enugu independence layout for a couple of years,before switching over to Federal Government college Warri,I have property in Delta(warri,sapele,ughelli), Benin city (Edo State) and Lagos,where is infeanyi uba's tank farm in nnewi or nnewi is now apapa?,where is coscharis motors mega outlet in nnewi or victoria island is now nnewi?,with all the shares ndigbos have in Fidelity Bank why is there headquarters not in Akwa? instead they are stationed at Kofo Abayomi Street,Victoria Island Lagos,Senator Stella Oduah of Sea Petroleum and Gas company Limited is my neighbour in Lagos not nnewi,who mentioned ekiti or osun? I am talking of Lagos the funky city,Zombie wey dey Abuja,bigot why are you not in nnewi?biscuit bone dog. Go and study your economics well,Lagos's gross domestic product GDP is way greater than than the Five core eastern states combined. The revenue from the toll gate at Lekki alone is more than what Anambra makes in a day.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway Sango Otta Flooded by Andy2274: 6:22pm On Jul 22, 2017
Nairaland abeg make Una do brain test for some people here o. Flood happen in Sango Ota and some people have turned it to personal thing. Must every body live in Abuja? If your state is good or the best y not move to your state? The flood thing is everywhere even in abroad. The last time I checked Sango ota is in Ogun state and not Lagos. This same set of people praising Abuja now were those insulting El Rufai when he was demolishing structures and planning Abuja then. Why not confront the Arewa group that gave quit notice and asked UN to declare IPOB terrorist group? If issues of economic disaster come up instead of taking it personal just keep quiet. Something happened in Ogun state and somebody is criticizing Lagos state and people living in Lagos.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pandora Papers: Global Investigation Exposes Secrets Of Some Of Nigeria’s Elite / Oba Of Benin Reprimands Obaseki For Refusing Overtures For Peace With Oshiomole / Lagos APC Primary: Jide Sanwo-olu Votes, Speaks After (photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.