Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,366 members, 7,819,317 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

New Salary Structure N Tax: D Way Forward - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / New Salary Structure N Tax: D Way Forward (1302 Views)

Nigeria Police Salary Structure? / How Much Is Level 8/2 Based On New Salary Structure? / Zenith Bank New Salary Package (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Salary Structure N Tax: D Way Forward by randa(m): 6:31pm On Feb 07, 2007
what do you think of the new salary scale, i am lecturer @ the federal college of education, kontagora in north central nigeria and the scale has caused a lot of motion and counter motion, do u think th tax is too much on the fifteen percent, i use to recieve about 46,000 naira after ta now from my calculations i should be hitting 64,000, what do u think
Re: New Salary Structure N Tax: D Way Forward by Danasco(m): 9:11pm On Feb 07, 2007
I sincerely believed that it not how much ur salary goes up that matter but your purchasing power. You may have observed that due to the annouced increament, the price of food and othet items have sky- rocketed in the market.
Iam of the firm opinion that price monitoring and product valuation should beĀ  pursued paripasu, increament. In today Nigeria, we care more for the increament than the resultant consequent it might Visit on them.
My firm position is that; a mechanism for price control should be put in place to checkmate the resultant- arbitrary inreament.
Re: New Salary Structure N Tax: D Way Forward by Seun(m): 9:23pm On Feb 07, 2007
What's the new tax rate?

@Danasco: price controls only result in scarcity. That's why we often have scarcity of petrol, but never food scarcity. If you prevent prices from going up, then producers will not be able to make profits, which will cause them to give up and stop producing. When they stop producing,there will be scarcity. This is secondary school level economics.
Re: New Salary Structure N Tax: D Way Forward by JosBoy4Lif(m): 9:25pm On Feb 07, 2007
What of control of Inflation, which has a direct correlation to price level in an economy?
Seun I think that this what he meant.
Re: New Salary Structure N Tax: D Way Forward by Seun(m): 8:38am On Feb 11, 2007
The government can control inflation by creating and spending less money.
Raising the salary of civil servants is the opposite of that. You can't eat your cake and have it.

(1) (Reply)

How To Write A Good Resume/cv For 2015 Jobs / Woman Fired From New Job Same Day Because Of Her Facebook Post. See The Post / A Call To Regulate Internship/housemanship Programmes In Nigerian Hospitals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.