Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,187 members, 7,822,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

Why Do Females Cover Their Hair While Male Leave Theirs Open During Prayers - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Females Cover Their Hair While Male Leave Theirs Open During Prayers (666 Views)

Is It Wrong For Women To Make Their Hair With Attachment Or Weavon / How Do Females Feel About This Verse ? / Lady Mocks Women Who Think Attachment Is A Sin But Use Wool To Make Their Hair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Females Cover Their Hair While Male Leave Theirs Open During Prayers by wolextayo: 7:33am On Jul 23, 2017
I've been searching for an answer to this question over the years. Most christians believe that during prayers, the females must cover their hair while the males leave it open. Do we have any bible reference that back this up or it's just an adopted tradition?

CC : lalasticlala
Re: Why Do Females Cover Their Hair While Male Leave Theirs Open During Prayers by chukwui(m): 7:57am On Jul 23, 2017
wolextayo:
I've been searching for an answer to this question over the years. Most christians believe that during prayers, the females must cover their hair while the males leave it open. Do we have any bible reference that back this up or it's just an adopted tradition?

CC : lalasticlala
Walahi I don't know
Re: Why Do Females Cover Their Hair While Male Leave Theirs Open During Prayers by hopefulLandlord: 8:00am On Jul 23, 2017
interesting
Re: Why Do Females Cover Their Hair While Male Leave Theirs Open During Prayers by SLOVFO(m): 8:04am On Jul 23, 2017
It's in the Bible.
But it is a widely debated passage of the Bible. With various groups opting for their own preferences or interpretation.
I honestly don't have any opinion on this. Follow the traditions of your church and your conscience for peace to reign .
1 Corinthians 11:3-10

1 Like

Re: Why Do Females Cover Their Hair While Male Leave Theirs Open During Prayers by Nobody: 8:09am On Jul 23, 2017
Just read 1Corinthians 11:3-7.
Re: Why Do Females Cover Their Hair While Male Leave Theirs Open During Prayers by mazimee(m): 8:22am On Jul 23, 2017
The Bible said so, you claim to be a christian, you should abide by the standard of the gospel of Christ.

1 Corinthians 11:3-10 King James Version (KJV)

3But I would have you know, that the head of every
man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man;
and the head of Christ is God.

4Every man praying or prophesying, having his head
covered, dishonoureth his head.

5But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with
her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is
even all one as if she were shaven.

6For if the woman be not covered, let her also be
shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or
shaven, let her be covered.

7For a man indeed ought not to cover his head,
forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but
the woman is the glory of the man.

8For the man is not of the woman: but the woman of
the man.

9Neither was the man created for the woman; but the
woman for the man.

10For this cause ought the woman to have power on
her head because of the angels.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Females Cover Their Hair While Male Leave Theirs Open During Prayers by Nobody: 8:52am On Jul 23, 2017
SLOVFO:
It's in the Bible.
But it is a widely debated passage of the Bible. With various groups opting for their own preferences or interpretation.
I honestly don't have any opinion on this. Follow the traditions of your church and your conscience for peace to reign .
1 Corinthians 11:3-10
I think a christian should follow the bible and not a church. Even pastors use the bible as their guide.
Re: Why Do Females Cover Their Hair While Male Leave Theirs Open During Prayers by Nobody: 9:08am On Jul 23, 2017
mazimee:
The Bible said so, you claim to be a christian, you should abide by the standard of the gospel of Christ.

1 Corinthians 11:3-10 King James Version (KJV)

3But I would have you know, that the head of every
man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man;
and the head of Christ is God.

4Every man praying or prophesying, having his head
covered, dishonoureth his head.

5But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with
her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is
even all one as if she were shaven.

6For if the woman be not covered, let her also be
shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or
shaven, let her be covered.

7For a man indeed ought not to cover his head,
forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but
the woman is the glory of the man.

8For the man is not of the woman: but the woman of
the man.

9Neither was the man created for the woman; but the
woman for the man.

10For this cause ought the woman to have power on
her head because of the angels.

Na wa oh grin
Re: Why Do Females Cover Their Hair While Male Leave Theirs Open During Prayers by SLOVFO(m): 6:21pm On Jul 23, 2017
Beckino:

I think a christian should follow the bible and not a church. Even pastors use the bible as their guide.
I agree with you totally.
Like I said earlier, it is a passage of the scriptures that has been interpreted differently by various Christians group. In an event where one is confused, it is safer to follow the Holy Spirit leading or your religious organization/church leaders' interpretation. If you don't have confidence in your church's leadership then you have no business been there.

(1) (Reply)

Prayer To Break Financial Curses And Increase Financial Blessings. / The Holy Spirit – Our Helper / 15 Reasons Why You Must Pay Tax (tithe) Today--Adesuyi Tosin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.