Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,417 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

Stop Asking God To Always Do This And That For You,learn To Worship Him - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Stop Asking God To Always Do This And That For You,learn To Worship Him (347 Views)

Africans Need To Stop Asking God To Solve Their Problems! / How To Worship Goddess Artemis / Charles Obong Buried With N17M In Uganda To Bribe God To Enter Into Heaven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Stop Asking God To Always Do This And That For You,learn To Worship Him by Calismart(m): 11:36am On Jul 23, 2017
We Christians have developed a mindset of always asking God to do this and do that for us as if that is the only reason He exists.

No...God wants you to worship him,to adore and praise him.
The 24 elders continually cast their crowns in worship to God without asking.

Its a wrong mindset to just keep asking and asking God to do one or two things for you.

After he does it,you ask and ask again.

If you have a friend that keeps asking and asking without appreciating or even giving you,what would you do.

Sometimes we just need to drop asking and asking and do just praising,worshipping and adoring.

Early today,i made a post here on Nairaland on ''5 Silly Reasons Why People Don't Go To Church These Days''
Link>>https://www.nairaland.com/3940415/5-silly-reasons-why-some

Below is one of the numerous replies a nairalander dropped

''if i go to church today to pray that this coming week, i want to get at least one employment letter from all the organizations i've sent applications to, and say i got at least one letter like i prayed for, believe me you would see me in church the following week to pray for something else seeing that the good lord above is living up to his expectation of omnipotent and the likes. But the prayer wasn't answered, probably it wasnt the right time for me because even though he is omnipotent, he couldnt have made it work for me anyways, so, the prayer wasnt answered. Now imagine this trend going on week in week out...i wouldnt be motivated to go to church i dont know if you (OP) would. The reasons you mentioned even though silly are just so people dont come off blasphemous so they dont appear to be politically incorrect. People are just beginning to realize prayer fixes nothing, you want sh!t done, you get off your @ss and do something about it other than just wasting valuable time appealing to someone who is probably on an eternal nap''

We still have a long way to Go.
May God help us.

Re: Stop Asking God To Always Do This And That For You,learn To Worship Him by dingbang(m): 12:11pm On Jul 23, 2017
In truth and in spirit.

Nice one op...

One can't just be fuckingg around anyhow and still be asking the lord for favors.

We have to first go back to the root of our predicaments and turn from our sins before the face of the lord turns to our matter.

1 Like

Re: Stop Asking God To Always Do This And That For You,learn To Worship Him by Calismart(m): 12:13pm On Jul 23, 2017
dingbang:
In truth and in spirit.

Nice one op...

One can't just be fuckingg around anyhow and still be asking the lord for favors.

We have to first go back to the root of our predicaments and turn from our sins before the face of the lord turns to our matter.
Exactly my dear

(1) (Reply)

Love Marriage & Fairytales | Muslim Spoken Word - Talk Islam / 6 Great Hymnists Of All Time / Who Is The Devil?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.