Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,968 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

17 Differences Between A Stage And An Altar!!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 17 Differences Between A Stage And An Altar!!! (1070 Views)

Bishop David Oyedepo Dances With Two Kids On Altar At Shiloh 2017 / Bishop Oyedepo Asks Lady To Return To The Altar After Her Testimony At Shiloh / Cutlass-wielding Pastor Spotted Praying On The Altar For His Church Members. PIC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

17 Differences Between A Stage And An Altar!!! by Iloveafrica: 1:30pm On Jul 23, 2017
1. A stage is for performance; an altar is for worship.

2. A stage is for competition; an altar is for completion.

3. A stage is for personal applause; an altar is for God’s glory.

4. A stage is for wooing the frantic crowd; an altar is for serenading the King of kings.

5. A stage is for dishing popular sentiment; an altar is for delivering heaven’s edicts.

6. A stage is for selfish ambition; an altar is for selfless sacrifice.

7. A stage is owned and manned by man; an altar is owned and supervised by a particular deity to whom it is erected and dedicated. Our Church altar is owned and manned by Jesus so that the gates of hell will not overcome.

8. A stage is where everything must be perfect; an altar is where the imperfect are perfected.

9. A stage is where man ascends; an altar is where God descends.

10. A stage pushes professionalism; an altar stresses spirituality.

11. A stage is all about how to project the right image; an altar is concerned about how to mold character.

12. A stage is for fireworks display of human excellence, skill, and ingenuity; an altar is for the release of the divine purging fire of His holy presence.

13. A stage is where stars gloat over the camera’s glare; an altar is where sons lie prostrate, struck by heaven’s glory.

14. A stage is where a brilliant blaze of firecrackers illuminate the performer; an altar is where a bolt of heaven’s fire disfigures the worshipper.

15. A stage is where living beings are showcased; an altar is where dead beings are offered.

16. A stage is where artists pull out all the tricks of the trade to dazzle the crowd; an altar is where servants stay true to their call so as to let the congregants draw closer to Jesus.

17. A stage is where superstars hug the limelight; an altar is where everything pales into insignificance in the light of the stunning "Bright Morning Star".

I pray our churches would have ALTARS and not STAGES!! .......Amen!!!

Which do you have.... An "ALTAR" or a "STAGE"?
Sincerely Check up....
Re: 17 Differences Between A Stage And An Altar!!! by Iloveafrica: 1:32pm On Jul 23, 2017
Lalasticalala
OAM4J
Re: 17 Differences Between A Stage And An Altar!!! by SuperSuave(m): 1:32pm On Jul 23, 2017
But alters have been turned to stages where comedians and secular musicians use frequently

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 17 Differences Between A Stage And An Altar!!! by rexben(m): 1:55pm On Jul 23, 2017
Dont get it twisted! There is purely no difference between a 21st century altar and a stage.
Follow Jesus

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 17 Differences Between A Stage And An Altar!!! by HiddenManna(m): 2:12pm On Jul 23, 2017
Good one.

We now see that the world herself is no longer errect (but upside down). It wouldn't be new if the churches now introduce comedy in the house of God and being done on the altar during conventions and services, just like it's not new seeing other strange things happening.

I'm jez patiently waiting for the. Rapture of the church.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 17 Differences Between A Stage And An Altar!!! by rexben(m): 2:23pm On Jul 23, 2017
HiddenManna:
Good one.

We now see that the world herself is no longer errect (but upside down). It wouldn't be new if the churches now introduce comedy in the house of God and being done on the altar during conventions and services, just like it's not new seeing other strange things happening.

I'm jez patiently waiting for the. Rapture of the church.
Your church is a social gathering, bringing comedians and others is not bad at all.
Skip christianity and follow Jesus

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 17 Differences Between A Stage And An Altar!!! by HiddenManna(m): 3:18pm On Jul 23, 2017
rexben:
Your church is a social gathering, bringing comedians and others is not bad at all.

Skip christianity and follow Jesus.

*confused*

What are you saying?

Please try to emphasize yourself or words..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 17 Differences Between A Stage And An Altar!!! by HiddenManna(m): 3:19pm On Jul 23, 2017
rexben:

Skip christianity and follow Jesus.

*confused*

What are you saying?

I can't decipher the bolded

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 17 Differences Between A Stage And An Altar!!! by Deicide: 4:08pm On Jul 23, 2017
An altar is repackaged Sherine. they be stealing Africa religion and repackaging it grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 17 Differences Between A Stage And An Altar!!! by rexben(m): 8:54pm On Sep 14, 2017
HiddenManna:

*confused*

What are you saying?

I said christian churches are just like social gatherings. The fact that they bring comedians is not a big thing. Christian churches are also managed as business organisations are been managed. They bring comedians to their gatherings to lure people to their churches

(1) (Reply)

Yoruba Story Of Creation. Fact Or Fiction / Please Help Me I Am Dying My Step Mom Has Tied My Destiny / Apostle Johnson Suleman Openly Kisses His Wife As He Celebrates His Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.