Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,009 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

We’re Interested In Nigeria’s Oil, Gas – Britain - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We’re Interested In Nigeria’s Oil, Gas – Britain (1111 Views)

FG Commends Seplat’s Achievements In Nigeria’s Oil & Gas Sector / DPR: Nigeria’s Oil Reserves Will Run Dry In 49 Years / We’re Going To Supreme Court – Atiku’s Lawyer Says In Reaction To Tribunal Rulin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We’re Interested In Nigeria’s Oil, Gas – Britain by Blue3k2: 3:03am On Jul 24, 2017
Britain has expressed its interest in Nigeria’s oil and gas industry.

It expressed its readiness to invest in pipeline infrastructure, renewable energy, gas and power of the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry.

British High Commissioner, Mr. Paul Arkwright, made this promise when the Group General Manager, Group Public Affairs of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, Mr. Ndu Ughamadu, visited the Chancery of British High Commission in Abuja.

Mr. Arkwright noted that the British Government had genuine investment interest in the Downstream, Midstream and Upstream sectors, stressing that the British Department for International Trade was ready to liaise with the Federal Government to invest in the country.

The High Commissioner also urged the Federal Government and the NNPC to organize a road show in London to create awareness on the possible investment opportunities available in the Nigerian Oil and Gas sector.

Mr. Arkwright said so many British investors had funds which they were willing to invest in Nigeria, stressing, however, that the process of obtaining Nigerian visa in United Kingdom was cumbersome with three different levels of visa procurement fees as well as Nigeria’s postal order system.

NNPC’s spokesman, Mr. Ughamadu, on behalf of the Group Managing Director of the Corporation, Dr. Maikanti Baru, condoled with the British Government over the recent terror attacks in the United Kingdom.

Ughamadu, who lead the NNPC delegation, commended the High Commissioner for the Commission’s promptness in issuing visas to officials of the Corporation. He assured that NNPC would sustain the cordial relations.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/07/interested-nigerias-oil-gas-britain/
Re: We’re Interested In Nigeria’s Oil, Gas – Britain by Blue3k2: 3:06am On Jul 24, 2017
OK I see this as easily possible since Brexit meanswer they need new trade partners. The biguest advantage UK has that EU does is being able to get deals done faster. UK is already one of Nigeria biggest trading partners let's see how the government capitalizeshould on this.

3 Likes

Re: We’re Interested In Nigeria’s Oil, Gas – Britain by MediumStout(m): 3:12am On Jul 24, 2017
Hmmmm
Re: We’re Interested In Nigeria’s Oil, Gas – Britain by Nobody: 3:16am On Jul 24, 2017
Ermmm
Re: We’re Interested In Nigeria’s Oil, Gas – Britain by Desyner: 3:23am On Jul 24, 2017
I prefer dangote to the british investors cos he will reinvest the proceeds here unlike the british investors.

3 Likes

Re: We’re Interested In Nigeria’s Oil, Gas – Britain by Blue3k2: 3:23am On Jul 24, 2017
I thought 1 of Osinbajo's executive order was supposed to address the visa issue for business visa. They should look it to it again to see what they mean.

1 Like

Re: We’re Interested In Nigeria’s Oil, Gas – Britain by LoveMachine(m): 3:41am On Jul 24, 2017
Desyner:
I prefer dangote to the british investors cos he will reinvest the proceeds here unlike the british investors.

Real talk. Politicians already provide enough capital flight.
Re: We’re Interested In Nigeria’s Oil, Gas – Britain by nextprince: 4:17am On Jul 24, 2017
Hmm
Re: We’re Interested In Nigeria’s Oil, Gas – Britain by hammerF: 4:21am On Jul 24, 2017
Dis is y dey want one Nigeria.

Let dem go and invest in the oil-gas in the North.

Our very own militant will ensure ur investment amount to nothing.

Death to Britain.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’re Interested In Nigeria’s Oil, Gas – Britain by ZKOSOSO(m): 4:43am On Jul 24, 2017
Investors or Co Landlord of Nigeria?

Britain??
Re: We’re Interested In Nigeria’s Oil, Gas – Britain by hammerF: 5:37am On Jul 24, 2017
FRATERMATHY, YEYE PERSON, U SEE UR LIFE?

U AND UR PEOPLE WILL RATHER BE HAUSAFULANI SLAVE, WHILST THE HAUSAFULANI SELL UR ENTIRE LAND TO THE BRITISH TO CONTINUE DEVELOPING BRITAIN AT UR EXPENSE.

SEE MY TEETH...grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’re Interested In Nigeria’s Oil, Gas – Britain by Amberon11: 6:33am On Jul 24, 2017
I thought you've been calling NDs lazy and calling militants ogogoro drinking cowards. Why are you now taking sides with them?
hammerF:

Death to Britain.
Re: We’re Interested In Nigeria’s Oil, Gas – Britain by chimah3(m): 6:37am On Jul 24, 2017
They have always been interested in everything we have!

Do they need permission from us...they should carry on!

After all they didn't ask our permission before supporting a vegetable to rule us.

They didn't even ask our permission before moving our seat of power to London!
Re: We’re Interested In Nigeria’s Oil, Gas – Britain by Amberon11: 6:38am On Jul 24, 2017
I thought you people said anambra had the largest gas reserves in Africa, why attacking NDs now?

Also, who seems to be the Hausa/Fulani slaves? Haven't y'all been crying since the October 1st ultimatum by your "slave masters"?
hammerF:
FRATERMATHY, YEYE PERSON, U SEE UR LIFE?

U AND UR PEOPLE WILL RATHER BE HAUSAFULANI SLAVE, WHILST THE HAUSAFULANI SELL UR ENTIRE LAND TO THE BRITISH TO CONTINUE DEVELOPING BRITAIN AT UR EXPENSE.

SEE MY TEETH...grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: We’re Interested In Nigeria’s Oil, Gas – Britain by Warship: 6:41am On Jul 24, 2017
Fratermathy hope you heard this

Malware can you see that your Hausa Fulani herdsmen are NeoColonialists of the British

This time around, it won't work
Re: We’re Interested In Nigeria’s Oil, Gas – Britain by Warship: 6:43am On Jul 24, 2017
Amberon11:
I thought you people said anambra had the largest gas reserves in Africa, why attacking NDs now?

Also, who seems to be the Hausa/Fulani slaves? Haven't y'all been crying since the October 1st ultimatum by your "slave masters"?

Hausa Fulani herdsmen will sign off your oil and gas to the British once we partway to our new nation.
Re: We’re Interested In Nigeria’s Oil, Gas – Britain by Amberon11: 6:47am On Jul 24, 2017
Allow us to worry about that.
Warship:

Hausa Fulani herdsmen will sign off your oil and gas to the British once we partway to our new nation.
Re: We’re Interested In Nigeria’s Oil, Gas – Britain by ZombiePUNISHER: 7:03am On Jul 24, 2017
The west is only interested in oyel..... Nothing more.. And surest way of getting it is by making sure nigeria remains one under the fulani caliphate...

2 Likes

Re: We’re Interested In Nigeria’s Oil, Gas – Britain by wristbangle: 7:10am On Jul 24, 2017
hammerF:

Death to Britain.

Don't say that bro. One cannot be an island of its own when it comes to trading and investment market.

Though it would have been better to have an indigene on this radar but where is the capital?

For the fact they are interested in oil business will be an additional boost to your revenue income just that politicians at local, state and federal level will finish the funds with scrambles getting to the masses.
Re: We’re Interested In Nigeria’s Oil, Gas – Britain by Nobody: 7:12am On Jul 24, 2017
If You Are A Thug To Any Politician in Nigeria, Please Tell Him You Want To Marry His Daughter.
His Response Is A Reflection Of Who You Are... Be wise.......
Re: We’re Interested In Nigeria’s Oil, Gas – Britain by feelgoodInc: 7:17am On Jul 24, 2017
LoveMachine:

Real talk. Politicians already provide enough capital flight.

guy especially in this season of uncertainty, I believe there's so much capital flight.

1 Like

Re: We’re Interested In Nigeria’s Oil, Gas – Britain by limeta(f): 7:59am On Jul 24, 2017
Please capital no
UK is the reason we where we are
He'll no
Re: We’re Interested In Nigeria’s Oil, Gas – Britain by limeta(f): 8:00am On Jul 24, 2017
Avengers if this don't piss you off I wonder what will
Re: We’re Interested In Nigeria’s Oil, Gas – Britain by LoveMachine(m): 9:00am On Jul 24, 2017
feelgoodInc:

guy especially in this season of uncertainty, I believe there's so much capital flight.

And now they want N200=$1 for "pilgrims." These people have no shame nor love.

(1) (Reply)

Biafra: Nigeria Will Not Survive If Anything Happens To Nnamdi Kanu – Igbo / PHOTOS: Gov. Amosun And Obasanjo At Deacon Poju Adeyemi's Birthday Party / Buhari May Kill Us All Before We Get To The Promised Land – Sen. Shehu Sani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.