Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

The Story Of Kuchidna - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Story Of Kuchidna (1544 Views)

Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA / Smiling And The Story Of The Women That Sell Toast Bread / From Fabric Selling To Blogging: The Story Of Olorisupergal (oluwatosin Ajibade) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Story Of Kuchidna by tetengi4life(m): 10:01am On Jul 24, 2017
My name is Muhammad Idris (tetengi4life@gmail.com)
Below is a short documentary on my humanitarian aid and assistance across Nigeria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKNWZ1H2k9Y

My Passion for humanitarian aid and assistance have made me to volunteer for several Organizations to reduce hunger and poverty in Nigeria.
Below is a recent breakthrough and a success story of our work in a community called Kuchidna.

THE STORY OF KUCHIDNA
After Guruku, before Kabusu, Karu Local government of Nasarawa State

Background:
In February, 2017 I received a call from a friend Austin Chinonye Ekwujuru (founder of basicrightswatch.org) that he needs a community in Nasarawa state that lack clean water, primary health care and education.
I went for the quest in search of these communities and I first saw a community called GURUKU. It is a small town but live in luxury compare to their surrounding communities. When I met their king at his very mighty and luxurious mansion, at first, he kept me waiting while he gist and dine with his cronies. When he finally had time for me, he asked me few questions which are;
What is your name?
Which state are you from?
Why are you here?
When I responded my reason which includes bringing clean water to his people, he said, show me your ID CARD, go back to the Local government Head quarters and write to them before coming to me. I was shocked but not surprise simply because the only police station in the town was the one that shares boundary with him and guards him always, the only pump water I saw in the town was the one in his palace. And the palace was not even at the center of the town but a little away from the people at the top of the hill.
He categorically told me to go and come back the next day without even putting into consideration the distance from where I came from or considering the difficult terrain or even giving me water to drink, but of course he would not understand because he rides in PRADO JEEP with good springs that will save him from the scourge.
When I left there with disappointment, I told the bike man that took me there to take me any where even if it is a community at the top of the mountain. We began to head towards KABUSU, with a tiny and tedious road, after going for like 3 kilo meters; I saw a very poor village with shabby looking and malnourished women and children. Along their tiny road was these two young men on bikes, I approached and greeted them and when I asked of their king, they happily took me to him in his palace.
Immediately, we were given drinks and warm welcome including the bike man that didn’t even know what the project was all about; in fact he slept off due to the warm comfort he received.
When I finished discussing with them, they were so excited that they took me round the village and showed me their only source of water, the entire community drinks from muddy water, contaminated with cow dunks and bacteria which have affected their people especially the pregnant women and children.
In addition, they also showed me their shabby primary health care and school where the pupils seat on the ground.
When I left, I made a commitment to bring solutions to their problems. I reported back to basic rights watch and we went for the mapping

for more information, kindly visit
https://basicrightswatch.org/

https://livebridgefoundation.net/

Re: The Story Of Kuchidna by tetengi4life(m): 10:02am On Jul 24, 2017
Weeks later, I led the track need team of basic rights watchers to map the community in order to organize an advocacy plan for them.

Pic 1&2: when we met we their king to introduce our NGO focus and intention
Pic 3&4: when the community people took us round the community to map out their challenges

More pictures during the track need team visitation

Pic 1: the muddy water that the community use to drink from
pic 2: One of The classroom in the community
pic 3&4: The shabby primary health care in the community with scanty drugs

After working hard to engage their government representatives but with little results, BASIC RIGHTS WATCH decided to use another approach by bringing philanthropist and a foundation called LIVE BRIDGE FOUNDATION founded by a SUPERWOMAN (Madam Alice).

The team members of both organizations traveled from Abuja, going through the difficult terrain, maneuvering through the mountains to get to KUCHIDNA in NASARAWA State.

Below are pictures When the team of live bridge foundation including the founder Madam Alice came to look at the community to testify to see where they can help
pic 1&2: when Mr Paul of Live bridge foundation is examining the water that was later taken for a lab test

pic 3: when Madam Alice (founder of live bridge foundation) was personally going through the community health facility

Pic 4: when she was sharing food to some of the community members (women and children)

Re: The Story Of Kuchidna by tetengi4life(m): 10:03am On Jul 24, 2017
After that, Live bridge foundation approved the water project and contracted some water surveyors and engineers to carry out survey if there is water at the strategic center where several communities will have access to.

Pic: 1&2: During the water survey
pic 3: I and Fatima (European Union and Live bridge part time volunteer)
pic 4: when we took a RUGGED truck to visit the community because of the RUGGED TERRAIN

Re: The Story Of Kuchidna by tetengi4life(m): 10:11am On Jul 24, 2017
Immediately after that, below projects were executed
- Drilling of clean water borehole (Mechanical water pump for sustainability)

Re: The Story Of Kuchidna by tetengi4life(m): 11:22am On Jul 24, 2017
More pictures on when the water project was completed and some of the community members enjoying the privilege

Re: The Story Of Kuchidna by tetengi4life(m): 1:08pm On Jul 24, 2017
- Skill acquisition on the use of bio-bricks (the use of cow dunks to mold blocks)

Re: The Story Of Kuchidna by tetengi4life(m): 1:08pm On Jul 24, 2017
The work was published on one of the National dailies (Leadership Newspaper) on Saturday, August 12, 2017

Re: The Story Of Kuchidna by tetengi4life(m): 12:40pm On Aug 23, 2017
On the 30th of September, 2017. The rural community of Community received entourage of visitors which include foreigners, staff of Livebridge foundation and European Union, Medical practitioners (Doctors and Nurses), Social workers, volunteers, Security Police men etc
we drove through the bad terrain to the point that one of our vehicle got broke down on the road. It was truly an adventure and FUN.
pICTURES BELOW

Re: The Story Of Kuchidna by tetengi4life(m): 12:40pm On Aug 23, 2017
MORE PICTURES

Re: The Story Of Kuchidna by tetengi4life(m): 3:42pm On Oct 04, 2017
MORE PICTURES..

Re: The Story Of Kuchidna by tetengi4life(m): 4:16pm On Oct 04, 2017
MORE PICTURES

Re: The Story Of Kuchidna by tetengi4life(m): 4:29pm On Oct 04, 2017
MORE PICTURES.....

Re: The Story Of Kuchidna by tetengi4life(m): 5:14pm On Oct 09, 2017
When Muhammad Idris was awarded CERTIFICATE OF PARTICIPATION

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Kuchidna by ChngedChnges(m): 4:39am On Oct 18, 2022
God bless the works of your hand

(1) (Reply)

Best Traffic Warder In Nigeria / Copy Typing and Data Entry Services / Resignation Palaver

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.