Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:15 AM

Housewife Surprises Husband With N700k She Saved In Her Piggy Bank "Kolo" - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Housewife Surprises Husband With N700k She Saved In Her Piggy Bank "Kolo" (65229 Views)

I Cheated On My Husband With A Guy From Work And I Don't Know What To Do. / Young Girl Beats Dad In Kolo Challenge, Saves More Notes Than Him / Wife Surprises Husband After Landlord Stormed Their Home Over House Rent. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Housewife Surprises Husband With N700k She Saved In Her Piggy Bank "Kolo" by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jul 25, 2017
oluplus:
On the contrary, think of how much interest she could have made on that money if she had opened a saving account. Within 7 months, she could have earned about 20k.
You with also agree with me that security level in Nigeria today is zero. So, why take the risk?
There are always 2 sides to a coin. I commend her though.

Interest within 7 months of 20k , ave never heard of any bank doing that
Re: Housewife Surprises Husband With N700k She Saved In Her Piggy Bank "Kolo" by oluplus(m): 11:12pm On Jul 25, 2017
pcguru1:

Interest within 7 months of 20k , ave never heard of any bank doing that
very possible. You can even get more. Most banks have a special type of account with high interest rate. All you need do is to maintain a certain minimum balance (as low as 10k) and don't withdraw beyond the number of times specified in their terms and conditions . I speak from experience
Re: Housewife Surprises Husband With N700k She Saved In Her Piggy Bank "Kolo" by blesoh(f): 12:04pm On Jul 26, 2017
edwife:

It should be discouraged because of your friend case? Just like any other thing in life should be discouraged too because there are a lot of casualties, low,problems in everything we do in life.

Your friend and husband might not be wise enough to know where their limits were. They didn't plan well and it's not fault of anyone but the couple involve. A business? How many people are succeeding in those businesses y'all are singing up and down? How many couple even the one working in Nigeria can confidently say that they are 100% comfortable with their salaries and able to meet their needs?

My dear, the mentality we have is very wrong. Not two couple are same. We are all different. First a wise couple should study their situation and know what is good for their family in a long run. If they decide that one of them should stay home for the kids, they should plan it well.

What is the difference between a woman who sells oranges in the corner of the streets and barely make 500 a day with a husband who makes 25k a month to the one who stays home and the husband comes home with 50k a month?

Staying at home is not the problem, planning it appropriately while making hay for the future is. I repeat nobody has the right to tell any woman how to take care of her family.

I can also give you instance of couple working and losing the jobs together and finding it hard to cope. C'est la vie, you can't because of one sorry story somewhere discourage everyone from doing what they think is good for their family.
Wow so a stay at home wife is the best? Believe me when the chips are down, had I known becomes the word, and hey in Nigeria almost 80% are still struggling to make ends meet and my friend isnt the only case I ve seen. Last year a renown pastor died and the family threw this woman out if she's a full time wife sorry is her case and so on, even if my husband is bill gate tomorrow I ll still go on with my business
Re: Housewife Surprises Husband With N700k She Saved In Her Piggy Bank "Kolo" by edwife(f): 3:42pm On Jul 26, 2017
blesoh:

Wow so a stay at home wife is the best? Believe me when the chips are down, had I known becomes the word, and hey in Nigeria almost 80% are still struggling to make ends meet and my friend isnt the only case I ve seen. Last year a renown pastor died and the family threw this woman out if she's a full time wife sorry is her case and so on, even if my husband is bill gate tomorrow I ll still go on with my business

We seem to have a gap in comprehension here, you still don't get it! Where in my post did I say that housewife is the best? undecided I can't find another way of explaining it to you.
Do what makes YOU happy and don't determine people's choice of life. I also know a lot of housewives that are far richer and better than the so called working or business women.

@Bolded yeah right, you must have gone to every houses to know this. As if there are not enough jobless men and women in Nigeria today. A pastor died and the family threw her out, as if it's only applicable to housewives. gringrin What happened to a will? to a saving account? undecided

If the same woman was working and making 15k a month, how will her situation be better if she has kids to care for? The problem here is not about staying at home but having a good planning system that will take care of the family in the near future.

So someone who has a job today and loses it tomorrow, will not say had i know when the chips are down? Do you know how many Nigerians that are working today and still can't afford the basic things in life? Some even begging for house rent or school fees for their kids?

Your arguments are not valid, every examples you are giving is also applicable to working class individuals.
Re: Housewife Surprises Husband With N700k She Saved In Her Piggy Bank "Kolo" by ogbiwa: 8:12am On Jul 27, 2017
pelumi111:
it's obvious the family is not that broke abi how will a broke family housewife save up 700k withing 7month.....there is no lower denominations like #20 #50 in the kolo.....but the woman tried tho

I thought exactly same. It means she had average of 100k per month to save after/before expenses. That's full salary of most high end jobs. Omo the family is a high income family be that. Though I still admire the saving spirit, its never easy.
Re: Housewife Surprises Husband With N700k She Saved In Her Piggy Bank "Kolo" by byvan03: 11:35am On Jul 27, 2017
Some people are daft ,do you think that the house wife of a broke man can save 700k in 3years , ofozia in 7months? Give you that kind wife indeed undecided.
Re: Housewife Surprises Husband With N700k She Saved In Her Piggy Bank "Kolo" by bukatyne(f): 1:08pm On Sep 03, 2017
byvan03:
Some people are daft ,do you think that the house wife of a broke man can save 700k in 3years , ofozia in 7months? Give you that kind wife indeed undecided.

Lol!

You dey vex!

N100k in 7 months is a whole lot of loose change.

I think the guys should also pray to be like the husband.
Re: Housewife Surprises Husband With N700k She Saved In Her Piggy Bank "Kolo" by byvan03: 6:06pm On Sep 03, 2017
bukatyne:

Lol!

You dey vex!

N100k in 7 months is a whole lot of loose change.

I think the guys should also pray to be like the husband.

Reasoning hard many of these peeps. The man must be earning at least 800k as his monthly income .The prayers don dey work for them through NPower grin.
Re: Housewife Surprises Husband With N700k She Saved In Her Piggy Bank "Kolo" by bukatyne(f): 6:18pm On Sep 03, 2017
byvan03:

Reasoning hard many of these peeps. The man must be earning at least 800k as his monthly income .The prayers don dey work for them through NPower grin.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

The rate people are so quick to castigate amuses me.

Again, the only thing I see commendable is that she gave the money to her husband.

Wives have been having savings/secret stach/ kolo money for ages.

I think this era of social media has made everything newsworthy.
Re: Housewife Surprises Husband With N700k She Saved In Her Piggy Bank "Kolo" by byvan03: 6:46pm On Sep 03, 2017
bukatyne:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

The rate people are so quick to castigate amuses me.

Again, the only thing I see commendable is that she gave the money to her husband.

Wives have been having savings/secret stach/ kolo money for ages.

I think this era of social media has made everything newsworthy.

I tire for them jare, how family dear?
Re: Housewife Surprises Husband With N700k She Saved In Her Piggy Bank "Kolo" by bukatyne(f): 7:02pm On Sep 03, 2017
byvan03:

I tire for them jare, how family dear?

We are good and yours?

This holiday made in China is fast coming to an end.

This is one of the shortest four days of my life. angry
Re: Housewife Surprises Husband With N700k She Saved In Her Piggy Bank "Kolo" by byvan03: 7:06pm On Sep 04, 2017
bukatyne:

We are good and yours?

This holiday made in China is fast coming to an end.

This is one of the shortest four days of my life. angry

grin ;DThey are good dear. My own holiday ends on Sunday, dreadful reality.
Re: Housewife Surprises Husband With N700k She Saved In Her Piggy Bank "Kolo" by newoffer: 4:26pm On Dec 27, 2018
maxiuc:
Oh Lord give me this kind of wife oooooo

I pray I will always make her happy

Better igbo woman
... better be igbo woman cos d rest wud rather party with the money . owambe
Re: Housewife Surprises Husband With N700k She Saved In Her Piggy Bank "Kolo" by grandstar(m): 9:56am On May 01, 2019
Nne5:

She knows being a housewife is not just it so she saved up and started a business.
Wise woman

No woman should ever agree to being a housewife.

I see nothing wrong in being a housewife.

If the man is wealthy, he can give the wife a generous allawee which she can spend as she likes so she'll have some financial independence. In addition, the husband can open a joint account with the wife.

The husband no matter how wealthy must have enough time to spend with his family. Family is priority.

Family is the more important thing and if both parties puts too much attention on money making, the family suffers.

And these wives of rich men, which work dem dey do sef? They will just open one expensive boutique bit you can bet your last Naira that it's allawee she is flaunting.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Housewife Surprises Husband With N700k She Saved In Her Piggy Bank "Kolo" by Foxxyv: 12:50am On May 02, 2019
Re: Housewife Surprises Husband With N700k She Saved In Her Piggy Bank "Kolo" by kayusely70(m): 4:08pm On Dec 20, 2021
soberdrunk:
Dammmnn!!! See better wife!! Not all these hand bag loving, shopping addicts, makeup mannequins way fit send somebody go back village with only Nylon bag and charger...... angry
Lol! It's better to avoid such ladies!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

McCaughey Septuplets: Lady Who Gave Birth To 7 Children 21 Years Ago / Zimbabwean Guard And Friend's Wife Turn Cemetery Into Sex Spa (Photo) / Ghana Woman Slaps Husband On Live Radio For Revealing She Keeps Faeces In Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.