Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,302 members, 7,819,022 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:09 AM

Ongoing Scam Alert - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ongoing Scam Alert (540 Views)

Ongoing War Between NBM And SEC In Benin Claiming Lives / Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety / Residents Steal Gravel From Road Construction That Is In Ongoing (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ongoing Scam Alert by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jul 24, 2017
Urgent Message!!!

I was almost a victim of these fraudsters and possible kidnap. I got a call this morning from a supposed uncle of mine. I didn't know the caller but he seemed so familiar with me and his voice was quite mature. I have just flashed my phone and so my first thought was his number was one of the numbers erased as a result. He feigned annoyance when I told him I hadn't got his number and I promptly explained the reason why I didn't have it stored. He asked if I was in <insert my current location> I said I was and he told me there was a job opening at their Coca cola branch and he gave a list of the available positions, he told me he had already secured a position for me and that I should call a certain number: a so called Comrade Anthony Idoko. I called the number the number and he told me to forward my CV to his number; I suggested I send it to his mail instead and he stated I do it the way he told me to. He said the salary was #49,000 including a #20,000 clothing allowance. But I should pay #22,500 for the form.

Insert [red flag]

I called my supposed Uncle Ken and told him I hadn't gotten that amount of money and he asked how much I did have. I chose a safe amount #5000 and he said he’d complete the money that I should get the account details from the Comrade and forward to him and that when I got my first salary i’d refund him.
Insert[another red flag]

At this point I started wondering how he got my number and so I called my Dad and asked what Job his supposed cousin(my supposed uncle ken) did and if he gave him my number. I explained why I asked and My dad told me to take my mind off it and he’d call his cousin.
My Dad called back and said he had called his own cousin (a real uncle ken) and he had no idea what I was talking about. I should cut every communication with them and forward their numbers to him.

Mr supposed uncle called me and asked if I had gotten the account details and I told him I hadn't (I lied) minutes later I forwarded it and he called back and told me to do a mobile transfer that he had sent someone else to do his.

I said OK.

I called the Comrade and asked where I would submit the teller and my passports to after I had done the transfer and he said he would direct me to the place when I was done with the payment. Below is the screen shot of the account he sent me(The name on the account should serve as a lead). Please this should be taken seriously and measures should be taken to apprehend this people. We don't know who might be a victim next.

As of typing this I am still stalling and wasting their airtym. This should be forwarded to front page ASAP.
They should be apprehended.
Re: Ongoing Scam Alert by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jul 24, 2017
Cc Mynd44 OAM4J, Freiburge , r231, lalastica
Re: Ongoing Scam Alert by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jul 24, 2017
I asked for the address of the Company (I already know the real Company location) and he told me he'd give me directions to where he is when I had made the payments.
Re: Ongoing Scam Alert by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jul 24, 2017
More screenshots

Re: Ongoing Scam Alert by 44chux(m): 1:52pm On Jul 24, 2017
MrOVO:
Urgent Message!!!

I was almost a victim of these fraudsters and possible kidnap. I got a call this morning from a supposed uncle of mine. I didn't know the caller but he seemed so familiar with me and his voice was quite mature. I have just flashed my phone and so my first thought was his number was one of the numbers erased as a result. He feigned annoyance when I told him I hadn't got his number and I promptly explained the reason why I didn't have it stored. He asked if I was in <insert my current location> I said I was and he told me there was a job opening at their Coca cola branch and he gave a list of the available positions, he told me he had already secured a position for me and that I should call a certain number: a so called Comrade Anthony Idoko. I called the number the number and he told me to forward my CV to his number; I suggested I send it to his mail instead and he stated I do it the way he told me to. He said the salary was #49,000 including a #20,000 clothing allowance. But I should pay #22,500 for the form.

Insert [red flag]

I called my supposed Uncle Ken and told him I hadn't gotten that amount of money and he asked how much I did have. I chose a safe amount #5000 and he said he’d complete the money that I should get the account details from the Comrade and forward to him and that when I got my first salary i’d refund him.
Insert[another red flag]

At this point I started wondering how he got my number and so I called my Dad and asked what Job his supposed cousin(my supposed uncle ken) did and if he gave him my number. I explained why I asked and My dad told me to take my mind off it and he’d call his cousin.
My Dad called back and said he had called his own cousin (a real uncle ken) and he had no idea what I was talking about. I should cut every communication with them and forward their numbers to him.

Mr supposed uncle called me and asked if I had gotten the account details and I told him I hadn't (I lied) minutes later I forwarded it and he called back and told me to do a mobile transfer that he had sent someone else to do his.

I said OK.

I called the Comrade and asked where I would submit the teller and my passports to after I had done the transfer and he said he would direct me to the place when I was done with the payment. Below is the screen shot of the account he sent me(The name on the account should serve as a lead). Please this should be taken seriously and measures should be taken to apprehend this people. We don't know who might be a victim next.

As of typing this I am still stalling and wasting their airtym. This should be forwarded to front page ASAP.
They should be apprehended.

Hope you use True-caller.
It works 9 out of 10 times to show you who is who.
Times are hard and people are desperate,even for Aso rock
Re: Ongoing Scam Alert by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jul 24, 2017
44chux:

Hope you use True-caller.
It works 9 out of 10 times to show you who is who.
Times are hard and people are desperate,even for Ask rock
I wasn't, just downloaded it...let me check
Re: Ongoing Scam Alert by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jul 24, 2017
Negodu...This belongs to the so called Comrade Anthony Idoko, the Job giver

Re: Ongoing Scam Alert by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jul 24, 2017
Apparently, there are the same persons; So called uncle and Job giver.

Re: Ongoing Scam Alert by FX2BROWN: 2:33pm On Jul 24, 2017
True caller would bring out the true identity of the fraud star.
Re: Ongoing Scam Alert by funlord(m): 3:04pm On Jul 24, 2017
These ones na dopemu scammers! grin
Re: Ongoing Scam Alert by 44chux(m): 7:50am On Jul 26, 2017
How the tory end?

(1) (Reply)

Report: 479 Women Accused Of Witchcraft Killed In Tanzania / Is It For War? US Approves Super Tucano Attack Planes For Nigeria / Scam Alert!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.