Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,270 members, 7,836,217 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

Breaking News: Obi Re-elected Anambra State Governor: - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Obi Re-elected Anambra State Governor: (15283 Views)

Kogi Guber: Audu Will Return The N11bn He Stole If Elected - APC Chairman / I’ll Perform Better In My Second Term If Re-Elected - President Jonathan Assures / Fayose Vs Buhari; Ekiti State Governor Takes Another Shot At GMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News: Obi Re-elected Anambra State Governor: by Virgo83(m): 9:57am On Feb 08, 2010
Spyker:

Every election in Nigeria is rigged, whether na PDP or AC or APGA or PPA, whatever they call it. The only winner is the one who rigged better than others and i know the the power of incumbency has made the different between the contestants riggers.
Anambra has already tasted Peter Obi hence there will be no new development in the state except what they are used to.
@ Spyker:: You re right I strongly agreed with you.

But as for Mr. Peter Obi, I congratulate Him for the triumph.
Re: Breaking News: Obi Re-elected Anambra State Governor: by Mkpotu(m): 10:22am On Feb 08, 2010
@ Roadstar, I was wondering what prompted all those your unguided and careless statements in an election that does not concern. If I may ask which state are you from? Because you see alot of people on this nairaland hiding under undisclosed identity and be speaking as if they came from a 'perfect state' in Nigeria, if really there is any.

Please be guided and be mature while talking in a forum like this.

I used to support Soludo, but since my people have voted for Obi for another 4years, i think that is the wish of Anambra people. Definitely in a contest of this nature, one person must emerge the winner. Mind you, the contestants must be congratulated because the whole activities starting from campaign, during the debate and the election, they all behaved maturely thus a very peaceful election except for the mix up on the part of INEC.

Congrats Obi!
Congrats Anambra people home and diaspora!
Congrats Nigeria for a peaceful election!
Congrats Nairalanders!
Re: Breaking News: Obi Re-elected Anambra State Governor: by hugooh42(m): 10:24am On Feb 08, 2010
Anambra has already tasted Peter Obi hence there will be no new development in the state except what they are used to.

my brother i totally agree with you. obi has ran out of ideas he cannot do more than he had done. we were anticipating some other person with fresh ideas, with the exception of UBA.But unfortunately our wish did not com e through will have to settle for OBI for at least the next four years.
Re: Breaking News: Obi Re-elected Anambra State Governor: by milkan05(m): 10:30am On Feb 08, 2010
congratulations to obi
Re: Breaking News: Obi Re-elected Anambra State Governor: by uchea2001: 10:35am On Feb 08, 2010
Roadstar,i think its neccessary 4 u to visit yaba psyic.cos u re suffering 4rm mental illness.in addition i think dat your popsi is a coward. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Breaking News: Obi Re-elected Anambra State Governor: by Caringpro(f): 10:38am On Feb 08, 2010
@RoadStar,

i have ONE potent prescription for you, PLEASE GO AND COMMIT SUICIDE FAST! Time is running out for you! The sooner people like you learn to properly address issues they dont agree with the better your lives will be. You may eith be an under-aged never-do-well or an old fella that had wasted all his life cursing plain minded and well meaning persons. SUICIDE IS THE BEST OPTION FOR YOU!
Re: Breaking News: Obi Re-elected Anambra State Governor: by otondo55: 11:14am On Feb 08, 2010
Please RoadStar dont ever in your life use such words for IKEMBA

I beg you ! I beg you in the name of anything you serve !

Long live Anambra State !
Re: Breaking News: Obi Re-elected Anambra State Governor: by Dandas: 11:21am On Feb 08, 2010
It high time some people that dont know what to contribute in NL closed their mouth anytime an issue is raised.Its not a must that one must respond to any write up in NL if oneself does not have anything meaningfull to contribute,rather than talking just because you feel like doing so.First describe the antecedents of the following people.Peter obi,Ngige,Soludo,Uba,Ekwunife,Ukachukwu and make ur final contribution.Some people here dont even know much about Anambra state politics let alone knowing the political history of these contestants.Please once again stop talking trash just becuase you want to talk.I want to tell you that as far as Anambra state is concerned,the ONLY Person among all these people that has a CLEAN political records is Mr. Peter Obi.He is the one Anambra state want.I am very happy that Anambrarains have begining to know who can liberate them.Their eyes are now open.The era of godfatherism,corrupt politicians,money politics etc are gradually wading away in Anambra state.For me to begin to describe to you the political pasts of these Contestants will lead to a lenghty thread in NL,so that you will see that Mr.Peter Obi is the one the cap fits.Congtrats Mr Peter Obi.
Re: Breaking News: Obi Re-elected Anambra State Governor: by 2tait: 11:27am On Feb 08, 2010
Anambra State did not explode neither did it implode!
THE ELECTION WAS DECLARED FAIR BY almost ALL.

Almost all the gubernatorial candidates have conceded victory to Peter Obi.
The election was not violent, no lives were lost.
Though it had some imperfections (anyway there are no perfect elections anywhere in the world- remember Al Gore/Bush in USA)
Anambra State has shown Nigeria the way forward!!!!!!!.

NIGERIANS! Let's forget all these bickerings and celebrate this feat for ONCE.
Something good has come out of Anambra State and indeed Nigeria.
A credible election which represents the wish of the people of the state.
Re: Breaking News: Obi Re-elected Anambra State Governor: by anonimi: 11:32am On Feb 08, 2010
I had prayed and hoped that Soludo will lose the elections knowing what pains he had caused pensioners, investors and other stakeholders of the rotten banks he supervised during his tenure as CBN governor. I am happy that my prayers have come to pass. The money he made by looking the other way as he became too cozy with the bank directors is what hopefully he must have lost a substantial portion of. I hope Kwara will also deal with the Sarakis similarly for liquidating Societe Generale to fund their elections not minding millions of depositors, workers etc who were made poorer.
Kudos to the Anambra people for voting and standing by good governance continuity.
Re: Breaking News: Obi Re-elected Anambra State Governor: by icon2: 11:36am On Feb 08, 2010
@RoadStar.
Ur father yansh. Where was ur father when Ojukwu was leadin d war. I don't blam u na ur papa wey no train u wel i dy blame, And if u r so angry wit d election result why do Nigeria a favour by reducing our population by one. HANG URSLF FOOL.
Re: Breaking News: Obi Re-elected Anambra State Governor: by soyad: 11:57am On Feb 08, 2010
I congratulate Obi but seriously it should have been Ngige .Anambarians are getting wiser and sure there will be improvement in the next exercise .
Re: Breaking News: Obi Re-elected Anambra State Governor: by otokx(m): 12:11pm On Feb 08, 2010
Congratulations NIGERIA, am very happy for the people of Anambra state; better luck next time to NGIGE.
Re: Breaking News: Obi Re-elected Anambra State Governor: by alldone(m): 12:15pm On Feb 08, 2010
this is good for our democracy.
let us have variety of leadership.
i hope obi will do much more than he did the first time.

i'm happy soludo did not win because even if he won it will be difficult to govern the state.

congrat obi
Re: Breaking News: Obi Re-elected Anambra State Governor: by amram(m): 12:37pm On Feb 08, 2010
Thank God for the peaceful election
Re: Breaking News: Obi Re-elected Anambra State Governor: by Parnassuss(m): 2:05pm On Feb 08, 2010
Again I'm just blown away by the semi vicious but fully witty banter on this site, it truely is refreshing to read such beautiful words crafted in with skill. Obi, Ngige, Soludo; hell i personally thing they can hang themselves on a taut line, i remain loyal to the only eastern Guv, keeping it real; (drum roll) my man Sullivan Chime of the Coal City! cool
Oh yeah, congrats Anambra, you guys seem to have achieve the impossible; a virtually violence free election.
Re: Breaking News: Obi Re-elected Anambra State Governor: by bong4(m): 4:04pm On Feb 08, 2010
You guys should face the fact of the topic instead of hitting yourselves hard. That is bad blood. While i congratulate Peter Obi, INEC must address the issue of false voter's register used during the election. Why all these fake names on voters list? Can't we as a nation be honest and do something right for once. It was all a shame.
Re: Breaking News: Obi Re-elected Anambra State Governor: by cenaboy(m): 4:12pm On Feb 08, 2010
Hey guys cenaboy is still alive peter obi has finished the cast before that saaturday so many people did not see their name in the polling both only the APGA (Peter Obi ) SUPPORTER SAW THEIR NAME so lets stop fulling our selves so let him and his Catholics member go and rest because he is paying revelend fathers and sister so why whon't him win so let him go rabish our money to the catholic members and church Goand check all Catholics school what he gave them ex-cluding other churches and denomination.
Re: Breaking News: Obi Re-elected Anambra State Governor: by jubilatio: 5:05pm On Feb 08, 2010
I have been reading postings and corresponding comments on nairaland for a long time but nothing has ever motivated me to comment.

The attack and counter attacker on users of this site is quite disgusting. Let's be a bit mature.
Re: Breaking News: Obi Re-elected Anambra State Governor: by Ellyptical: 5:38pm On Feb 08, 2010
When I see people rejoice because Obi won, I wonder if the people value development against enemity. I detest PDP a lot but I would have loved to see Soludo or at least Ngige take the seat. The masses have been blinded by their hatred for PDP that they rather went for a poor performer.

Obi has ruled the stated for four years and has shown that he has little or nothing in terms of ideas. Development has been slowpaced or better put, stagnated and all we hear is excuses as to why this or that cannot be achieved.

I strongly do not believe this election was free and fair. Even if the people wanted to punish the PDP, Obi would not have been the option. Ngige would have been the option.
Anambra has traded some real progress that would have come from Ngige or Soludo for mediocre leadership, just in a bid to revenge.
In the long run, the state will lose/regret.
This is a sad day for any broad minded Anambrarian. 4 years of meaningful development have gone down the drain.
Re: Breaking News: Obi Re-elected Anambra State Governor: by deejaid(m): 5:45pm On Feb 08, 2010
despite d aparthy, he is d people's choice. congrats to democracy. hope dis a reflection of Gen Election come 2011
Long live Anambrian, Long live Nigeria, Long live Africa
Re: Breaking News: Obi Re-elected Anambra State Governor: by eros(m): 7:14pm On Feb 08, 2010
Don't i just love this Politics section, with all the name calling and tribalism. Yet our dear Nigeria is dying and none of our name calling or insults will resolve the problems that face us all. Until we learn to address the main issues and stop making fools of ourselves, the animals in power will continue to ruin whatever is left of our future in Nigeria and that of our children and their unborn children.

So, please lets come together and unite against these demons in human form, ruling sane and civilized humans. Lets us agree to disagree by getting rid of them all to their very last corrupt seed and leave nothing breathing of their generation or family. Then elect a true leader, incorruptible, sincere and loyal to the course of leadership and let Nigeria be flourish and be fruitful again.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: Breaking News: Obi Re-elected Anambra State Governor: by asscend: 9:16pm On Feb 08, 2010
Peter Obi has done well for his state, no wonder he won best Governor for Fiscal Discipline. The issue with Anambra has been the right foundation. Peter Obi is building the right foundations in which succesive governments can thrive. Remember his tenure was also marked with one court case or another. Give him another four years and see what will happen.

As long as the right foundation is buit in this i mean proper accountability structures in the various arms of govt, then Nigeria will be a better nation.

We must move from respecting an 'INDIVIDUAL' only to respecting the OFFICE /department in which the individual represents.
Re: Breaking News: Obi Re-elected Anambra State Governor: by obstead200(m): 9:18pm On Feb 08, 2010
U wan try power of incumbency??

He has to win. even if it means burning Awka to the floor.
Re: Breaking News: Obi Re-elected Anambra State Governor: by Edaniels1: 9:44pm On Feb 08, 2010
Anambra opts for a Slow Robot again?Whao!!! sad, Please all u Ikemeba fans should have a re-think, That man is nothing but a BIG coward, so selfish and disgusting, Imagine him ranting about War again, shocked,
Abeg Anambra is doomed 4 anoda 4yrs, take it or leave it.
I rest my Case!!
Re: Breaking News: Obi Re-elected Anambra State Governor: by OKEYCHIVIV(m): 9:54pm On Feb 08, 2010
Congratulations Mr Peter Obi-your people (majority) love you.
Those who are not happy should go to court or wait till next four years.
For people like Roadstar,am disappointed.But then,"o na-aghi abu araghi esibe ogologo.
Nyabu,umu-igbo gbanu ya (Roadstar) nkiti maka na o bughi okwu nile ka-ana asa asa.Anyi ma ndi
ejiri mmiri ara we zuo.
Igbo bu Igbo kwenu.O ga-adiriri Anambra State mma-iseeeeeeeeee".
Re: Breaking News: Obi Re-elected Anambra State Governor: by icon2: 10:24pm On Feb 08, 2010
@E-daniels. From al angle u sound like a toddler. Stop makin a fool of d sperm dat formed u.
Re: Breaking News: Obi Re-elected Anambra State Governor: by chelseabmw(m): 12:13am On Feb 09, 2010
anambra on news again
Re: Breaking News: Obi Re-elected Anambra State Governor: by chelseabmw(m): 12:15am On Feb 09, 2010
Congrats gov obi
Re: Breaking News: Obi Re-elected Anambra State Governor: by kcblast(m): 5:51pm On Feb 09, 2010
How on earth i wish dat God will destroy Anambra undecided, I dont still believe dat Motherfucker still gonna be d GOV. angry angry
oh
i God help us dis time around cry
i know d election is all rigged out smiley wink
Re: Breaking News: Obi Re-elected Anambra State Governor: by onyengbu1(m): 6:15pm On Feb 09, 2010
kc-blast:

How on earth i wish dat God will destroy Anambra undecided, I dont still believe dat naughty person still gonna be d GOV. angry angry
oh
i God help us dis time around cry
i know d election is all rigged out smiley wink

I am sure that if God will burn down anywhere, He will start from your house.

However, I believe the election is not fair but who am I to complain when the contestants are not complaining.
Re: Breaking News: Obi Re-elected Anambra State Governor: by felucci(m): 6:20am On Feb 11, 2010
Peter Obi is going to do more to develop Anambra in his second term, much more than his first. If another person had become governor, he would only destroy what Obi has been building for the past four years.
What some of you don't know is that Peter Obi made a lot of promises on capital projects and has started them before his re-election. So while others were campaigning from one ward to the other, Obi was starting up projects - That was his campaign. It was so easy for him to win, even without rigging.
I believe he will deliver on those projects before he leaves office, after all, he always does what he says he will do

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tony Azegbemi: Edo PDP Requested 100,000 Membership Cards After Obaseki Joined / Catherine Namakula: Stop Indinified Usage Of Images Of African Children / Ibadan Brims With Prostitutes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.