Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,212 members, 7,818,721 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

Isn't It Funny That Jjc & 419 Squad That Sang "we Are Africans" Are Based In The Uk? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Isn't It Funny That Jjc & 419 Squad That Sang "we Are Africans" Are Based In The Uk? (1319 Views)

Oldies: Legends That Sang Into Our Hearts Back In The Days / Jjc - We Are Africans (naija Remix) Official Video / We Are Africans By Jjc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Isn't It Funny That Jjc & 419 Squad That Sang "we Are Africans" Are Based In The Uk? by sinistyle(m): 1:05pm On Feb 07, 2010
yes, an okay song but if u really want to rep Africa, start by staying in Africa. I mean if you love Africa, stay in Africa!
Re: Isn't It Funny That Jjc & 419 Squad That Sang "we Are Africans" Are Based In The Uk? by MrCrackles(m): 1:06pm On Feb 07, 2010
Re: Isn't It Funny That Jjc & 419 Squad That Sang "we Are Africans" Are Based In The Uk? by javalove(m): 1:39pm On Feb 07, 2010
sinistyle:

yes, an okay song but if u really want to rep Africa, start by staying in Africa. I mean if you love Africa, stay in Africa!
aw many times av i told u to stop smoking weed?
Re: Isn't It Funny That Jjc & 419 Squad That Sang "we Are Africans" Are Based In The Uk? by MrCrackles(m): 1:43pm On Feb 07, 2010
javalove:

grin
Re: Isn't It Funny That Jjc & 419 Squad That Sang "we Are Africans" Are Based In The Uk? by eldee(m): 1:53pm On Feb 07, 2010
javalove:

Hehehe . . .

Weed is not that bad, this is secondhand weed roasted with pubic hair grin grin
Re: Isn't It Funny That Jjc & 419 Squad That Sang "we Are Africans" Are Based In The Uk? by ofokaofoki: 5:50pm On Feb 07, 2010
good point but they are still africans wherever they are. besides whats so special about where u stay?
Re: Isn't It Funny That Jjc & 419 Squad That Sang "we Are Africans" Are Based In The Uk? by sinistyle(m): 6:26pm On Feb 07, 2010
ofokaofoki:

good point but they are still africans wherever they are. besides whats so special about where u stay?
yeah they are africans but we all know why these people leave the shores, it is to escape the hustle. These guys dont have d right to rep Africa. If africa is so good, yot might as well stay. After all, the uk peeps dont troop in their numbers to naija or africa
Re: Isn't It Funny That Jjc & 419 Squad That Sang "we Are Africans" Are Based In The Uk? by sinistyle(m): 6:50pm On Feb 07, 2010
eldee:

Hehehe . . .

Weed is not that bad, this is secondhand weed roasted with pubic hair grin grin
perhaps thats what u've been smoking,beeyach
Re: Isn't It Funny That Jjc & 419 Squad That Sang "we Are Africans" Are Based In The Uk? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Feb 07, 2010
@poster
if i understand you correctly: anyone who has left a country isnt good enough to praise that country anymore?
i guess in your world Wyclef should shut up about Haiti as he is not worthy enough to represent that country.

dont be mad at the guys from "escaping the hustle" and having a better life than yours. they are helping you by putting awareness out there about the plight of Africa and africans like yourself who stayed back.
Re: Isn't It Funny That Jjc & 419 Squad That Sang "we Are Africans" Are Based In The Uk? by ofokaofoki: 8:04pm On Feb 07, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

@poster
if i understand you correctly: anyone who has left a country isnt good enough to praise that country anymore?
i guess in your world Wyclef should shut up about Haiti as he is not worthy enough to represent that country.

dont be mad at the guys from "escaping the hustle" and having a better life than yours. they are helping you by putting awareness out there about the plight of Africa and africans like yourself who stayed back.

[size=38pt]LMFAO[/size]
Re: Isn't It Funny That Jjc & 419 Squad That Sang "we Are Africans" Are Based In The Uk? by javalove(m): 9:02pm On Feb 07, 2010
o think seun should start charging like 100 naira to start threads. . .cos dis guy wont pay a 100 quid to start dis meaningless thread
Re: Isn't It Funny That Jjc & 419 Squad That Sang "we Are Africans" Are Based In The Uk? by tayoast(m): 11:00pm On Feb 07, 2010
javalove:

o think seun should start charging like 100 naira to start threads. . .cos dis guy wont pay a 100 quid to start dis meaningless thread

Abi ooo.

@poster, learn 2 take things slowly. d fact that others starts threads doesn't mean u shd.
Re: Isn't It Funny That Jjc & 419 Squad That Sang "we Are Africans" Are Based In The Uk? by Genuflect(m): 1:27am On Feb 08, 2010
Lmao
Re: Isn't It Funny That Jjc & 419 Squad That Sang "we Are Africans" Are Based In The Uk? by Genuflect(m): 1:31am On Feb 08, 2010
Lmao
Re: Isn't It Funny That Jjc & 419 Squad That Sang "we Are Africans" Are Based In The Uk? by chiogo(f): 1:32am On Feb 08, 2010
*Death*. Ok, that's just it!!!
embarassed Can people really be this dumb? This isn't weed, nope. Damn, this is supposed to be the music section  cry grin grin grin
Re: Isn't It Funny That Jjc & 419 Squad That Sang "we Are Africans" Are Based In The Uk? by hax: 1:48am On Feb 08, 2010
@mrbrownjay

lmao nice one. let the whole world know that poor people like sinistyle are suffering in africa. lol
Re: Isn't It Funny That Jjc & 419 Squad That Sang "we Are Africans" Are Based In The Uk? by sinistyle(m): 10:43am On Feb 09, 2010
Its not just about singing a song, its about walking the walk. What have these 'Proud Africans' done to help the African community. Wyclef is from Haiti and his impact in the American and world music scene will amke the Haitians proud. He has built schools, hospitals and what nots' for the people of Haiti. He is a demi God in Haiti. He is proud of the black race. He comes to Nigeria like every other day to try to expose our artistes to the world. Same thing goes for Akon who is from Senegal. Our JJc and 4 19 brothers as the name implies are 419. They dont care about Africa. They dont give a Bleep if a 7.0 magnitude eatrhquake devastates Africa. They have one song that says , "Nigeria is the best land". Why arent they staying in the best land? They only sing about Africa when they want to revive their career that never blossomed. If they care about Africa, what have they done to give back to the society? Idont blame them for travelling out to seek greener pastures but dont act or sing like you care about Africa when you dont.
Re: Isn't It Funny That Jjc & 419 Squad That Sang "we Are Africans" Are Based In The Uk? by milkan05(m): 12:06pm On Feb 09, 2010
is dis some kind of personal vendetta?
Re: Isn't It Funny That Jjc & 419 Squad That Sang "we Are Africans" Are Based In The Uk? by Nobody: 12:09pm On Feb 09, 2010
@sinistyle
boy, you make less and less sense.
first let me just say that they are doing something when they write a song about the continent, it might not be much to you but its damn sure more than what you can show for.
Wyclef is a superstar who has won countless awards, thats the reason he can open a foundation and use "peoples money" to help Haiti. the day JC&419 make it into the big league then they will probably open a foundation too, get donations and help Africa.

the only reason why Wyclef comes to nigeria is because festivals/concerts/shows pay him to do so. . . . . . he has yet come to 9ja for holiday!

just be happy that someone is out there keeping the name of Africa in the media.
you have too much hatred for these guys that stands no ground and i am wondering if your motives are not simply JEALOUSY.
if YOU believe that praising Africa should only be done by people who live and suffer therel then you are an ignoramus. it doesnt matter where the help/attention comes from AS LONG AS IT COMES.

by the way, since you stayed behind and care so much about Africa, what have you done that is better than jc&419? i feel that you are just jealous that someone is making money doing a song about such a subject.
Re: Isn't It Funny That Jjc & 419 Squad That Sang "we Are Africans" Are Based In The Uk? by chiogo(f): 10:37pm On Feb 09, 2010
Question is why are you worried about what others have/haven't done? What have YOU done?

Oya answer that or forever keep shut. cool
Re: Isn't It Funny That Jjc & 419 Squad That Sang "we Are Africans" Are Based In The Uk? by tundewoods(m): 11:18pm On Feb 09, 2010
sinistyle:

Its not just about singing a song, its about walking the walk. What have these 'Proud Africans' done to help the African community. Wyclef is from Haiti and his impact in the American and world music scene will amke the Haitians proud. He has built schools, hospitals and what nots' for the people of Haiti. He is a demi God in Haiti. He is proud of the black race. He comes to Nigeria like every other day to try to expose our artistes to the world. Same thing goes for Akon who is from Senegal. Our JJc and 4 19 brothers as the name implies are 419. They dont care about Africa. They dont give a bleep if a 7.0 magnitude eatrhquake devastates Africa. They have one song that says , "Nigeria is the best land". Why arent they staying in the best land? They only sing about Africa when they want to revive their career that never blossomed. If they care about Africa, what have they done to give back to the society? Idont blame them for travelling out to seek greener pastures but dont act or sing like you care about Africa when you dont.

@ sinistyle

I think i get your point and see some sense in the point you are trying to drive at.
Re: Isn't It Funny That Jjc & 419 Squad That Sang "we Are Africans" Are Based In The Uk? by shotster50(m): 1:40am On Feb 10, 2010
@ Poster ,  I think you should just give it a rest. Your arguements are at best without merit. Peeps here have tried to enlighten you a lil bit but it looks like you would rather look dumb than accept you are waaaay over your head on this one.
Re: Isn't It Funny That Jjc & 419 Squad That Sang "we Are Africans" Are Based In The Uk? by medjai(m): 5:51pm On Feb 10, 2010
I agree 100% with sinistyle. After all, words dont express your love you have to prove it.
Re: Isn't It Funny That Jjc & 419 Squad That Sang "we Are Africans" Are Based In The Uk? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Feb 10, 2010
medjai:

I agree 100% with sinistyle. After all, words dont express your love you have to prove it.

come on, the guys WROTE A SONG about Africa for christ sake, how much more do you expect them to express their love?!
also, expressing your love for your country/continent is not everything in life, you have to SURVIVE too and these guys decided to go and further their lives in europe.

if YOU guys are ready to die for 9ja/Africa then so be it but dont blame people who decides to use their brain instead.
dying of hunger in 9ja while shouting "viva Nigeria, viva Africa" is definitely not the way to go,  . . . . . . . . 

btw pls tell us all what have YOU guys done for Nigeria/Africa apart from looking at the sunshine and complaining of those who did the little they could?!
Re: Isn't It Funny That Jjc & 419 Squad That Sang "we Are Africans" Are Based In The Uk? by ElRazur: 6:33pm On Feb 10, 2010
I think you are missing the point. Anyway, MRBrown jay already summed it up nicely.
Re: Isn't It Funny That Jjc & 419 Squad That Sang "we Are Africans" Are Based In The Uk? by medjai(m): 4:57pm On Feb 11, 2010
@ sinistyle I like the name Sinistyle, it sounds like the name of a rock band. I know you like rock, i read your thread on rock music. I salute your audacity for creating a thread of this nature cause these vituperations, i cannot stand. I think what you are trying to say is that Africa is a hard place to live in. People are suffering and entrenched in all sorts of challenges and for some people that are immune to all these to come out and start singing and praising Africa is quite annoying. The first time I heard the song, in my mind I said "What do you care?" It is easy for them to sing because they dont go through the hustles, hassles and struggles I and the likes of Sinistyle go through on a daily basis. Besides, if we all keep "fleeing the shores"then we are doing ourselves no good because no one will come from out of space to build our nation or continent as it were. When the likes og 2 face or mode 9 sing about Africa, you cant help but be inspired because they have gone through these struggles and emerged victorious. I dont blame Sinistyle for seeing the song as an act of hypocrisy and taking it with a pinch of salt. I feel your pain. brov.
Re: Isn't It Funny That Jjc & 419 Squad That Sang "we Are Africans" Are Based In The Uk? by sinistyle(m): 5:14pm On Feb 11, 2010
medjai:

@ sinistyle I like the name Sinistyle, it sounds like the name of a rock band. I know you like rock, i read your thread on rock music. I salute your audacity for creating a thread of this nature cause these vituperations, i cannot stand. I think what you are trying to say is that Africa is a hard place to live in. People are suffering and entrenched in all sorts of challenges and for some people that are immune to all these to come out and start singing and praising Africa is quite annoying. The first time I heard the song, in my mind I said "What do you care?" It is easy for them to sing because they dont go through the hustles, hassles and struggles I and the likes of Sinistyle go through on a daily basis. Besides, if we all keep "fleeing the shores"then we are doing ourselves no good because no one will come from out of space to build our nation or continent as it were. When the likes og 2 face or mode 9 sing about Africa, you cant help but be inspired because they have gone through these struggles and emerged victorious. I dont blame Sinistyle for seeing the song as an act of hypocrisy and taking it with a pinch of salt. I feel your pain. brov.
If people say we are siamese twins connected by the brain, they wont be wrong. Omo wa last! Thats the STREET way of saying, "you shall live long". Thank God there are some people who still have heads. I wonder how the bulk of the people on this thread could be so presbyopic, shallow thinking, fickle minded, credulous and vituperative. I think an IQ and a critical reasoning test should be part of thr registration procedures.
Re: Isn't It Funny That Jjc & 419 Squad That Sang "we Are Africans" Are Based In The Uk? by sulad82i(m): 4:25am On Feb 13, 2010
sinistyle:

If people say we are siamese twins connected by the brain, they wont be wrong. Omo wa last! Thats the STREET way of saying, "you shall live long". Thank God there are some people who still have heads. I wonder how the bulk of the people on this thread could be so presbyopic, shallow thinking, fickle minded, credulous and vituperative. I think an IQ and a critical reasoning test should be part of thr registration procedures.

And if the IQ test is there, how in the world do u think u'll be able to register? The guys are offering what they can to spread and represent Africa as an ambassador. What have u done to belittle their effort? Its ur kinda mindset that never let Africa grow.
Pple like u are the Michael Jackson type who will change their skin color, but those guys are like Obama they stand and beat their chest, WE ARE AFRICANS
Re: Isn't It Funny That Jjc & 419 Squad That Sang "we Are Africans" Are Based In The Uk? by medjai(m): 6:20pm On Feb 17, 2010
thought i summed this up already
Re: Isn't It Funny That Jjc & 419 Squad That Sang "we Are Africans" Are Based In The Uk? by shotster50(m): 1:25am On Feb 18, 2010
@ Medjai he still doesnt get it,
Re: Isn't It Funny That Jjc & 419 Squad That Sang "we Are Africans" Are Based In The Uk? by Nobody: 8:42am On Mar 04, 2010
Javalove said: aw many times av i told u to stop smoking weed?

LMAO.
Re: Isn't It Funny That Jjc & 419 Squad That Sang "we Are Africans" Are Based In The Uk? by UnderGKing: 9:40am On Mar 04, 2010
Dunno how true it is but i hear JJC has actually relocated bck to lagos, coupled with the fact that i've bn seein them alot i think there's some truth to it,

(1) (Reply)

Naija English Rap Vs Igbo Or Yoruba Rap, Which Do You Prefer? / Top Naija Music Awards 2014 / B-red Ft. Phyno - Iwotago Lyrics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.